What's new

[Complete - Partial] [RJ146843] Prostitute of Mag Mell

G2XeA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Game Thread:
ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26617&highlight=RJ146843

I know there's another thread on this, but I enjoyed the game enough to want to do my own take on a translation. It's also a translation from the source, as opposed to a translation of a translation. It was done on version 1.10.

The main story is complete.
The free play room was not completed, mostly out of laziness. The one exception to this is the Playboy's extra scene that can only be accessed here.

Let me know if there are issues.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ146843] Prostitute of Magmelle

How interesting, good work man.:D

Time to test this baby!

ChanceXD`

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I played through all of it and it looks great.

I couldn't find any bugs and the only untraslated part that I found is picking what drink you want for the sailor (so nothing major).

Also the way the chubster talks had me laughing.

As said before great work man and I hope you keep on translating more games!

OP
G

G2XeA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the report. The selection dialogue has been corrected. I've also made some minor tweaks concerning the title of the game.

Last edited:

Akimu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ146843] Prostitute of Mag Mell

Wait isn't there a full translation of this already ?

pewpewsmurf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lol this feels weird. This game is rather old by now and there used to be an even older thread with no progress. But now we have 2 guys willing to do it :D

u-ray

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wait isn't there a full translation of this already ?
I think the guy who originally translated it to Russian might not have much understanding of Japanese, or a lot was lost in translation from Japanese to Russian to English. I was considering translating this, too, so I checked the quality of the existing translation, and this part in the notes I took (with the first customer) is where I stopped playing because I kinda got enough of an idea about the overall quality:

クレア「この館にはよくいらっしゃるの?」
おじさん「恋人もいないから通い詰めだよ、ははは」

Meaning:
Claire "Do you visit this manor often?"
Man "I'm a regular since I've got no lover, hahaha."

JPN>RUS>ENG:
Claire "Do you visit here often?"
Guest "My girlfriend passed away recently, so I have more money that I could spend now! I can afford to be wasteful, ahaha!"

I know we all make mistakes, myself included, but consistently I was seeing bits of text completely disappearing, other information materializing out of thin air, characters losing tons of personality or conveying the wrong emotion, and just simple translation errors on pretty basic sentences.

So yeah the existing translation kinda gets the point across but it didn't really do the game justice and I'm glad somebody took another whack at it. I haven't tried this one personally, but if you're gonna play one or the other this one is probably the one you wanna go with.