What's new

RJ168196 堕ちた楽園でキスをして

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: RJ168196 堕ちた楽園でキスをして

Ok I wont be making any more stupid comments in this thread since I am only pissing people off and that was not the point of me doing this translation. I am still hard at work and i'm getting into the bulk of the translation but I made a mistake in giving a time frame. I just opened the biggest file that needs translating and it is over 43,000 lines which is about 20,000 or so lines of actual dialogue that needs to be translated in that file alone so it's going to take a bit longer than I thought. Also I have not released anything so far because I have only done about 100 or so of the smaller files and I really dont think that enough is translated for it to do anything more than translate one line out of every 10 or 15 lines of text.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yes it is.

a menu patch and nothing else qualifies as a perfectly valid patch. if you didn't translate the menus first, then i have to ask why not

OP
V

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The skills file is almost as large as some of the other big files but you do have a point about at least putting out a partial while i'm still working.

Reputation score

I will never understand why people get so angry over things they are getting for free. Yes, he made an unreasonable promise, no that does not mean you need to start spraying piss and vinegar all over the place.

In the end, it's something he is doing with his spare time for no charge and a bit of internet fame.

If he delivers then happy day! If not then it's not like something has been taken from you. Attacking like that only makes you look childish.

FinalCloud

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I personally wish you good luck with this, honestly some of the stuff written by others in this thread is ridiculous, I mean if they care that much then, well... Anyway... Good luck =/. No pressure, just work through it at your own pace.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I will never understand why people get so angry over things they are getting for free. Yes, he made an unreasonable promise, no that does not mean you need to start spraying piss and vinegar all over the place.

In the end, it's something he is doing with his spare time for no charge and a bit of internet fame.

If he delivers then happy day! If not then it's not like something has been taken from you. Attacking like that only makes you look childish.
Well, it's about false promises and borderline trolling. People are frustrated because their expectations and hopes are up and the OP isn't delivering anywhere near at the level/time he originally estimated (or at all). Eventually, interest dries up when supporters realize it'll either take forever, or won't happen at all, and they learn to ignore or disbelieve the OP, especially since the OP has been ambitiously opening new project after new project without finishing the previous ones, all the while promising unrealistic releases/release dates.

I personally don't have any vested interest anyway, so it doesn't bother me. And as you said, it's free as a service, so I'm not complaining. I can understand why people are, but meh...if it bothers you, just assume the OP won't deliver and move on with your life. Ignore him and lay off him. And if he actually does finish something, well, it's free and he's done it pro bono, so yay.

It's a similar situation to Akabur (only without the patreon monetary investment). Eventually, he gets such a bad rep that nobody paying attention will support him, like the boy who cried wolf, and people learn to give their support to people who have proven to deliver and aren't just talk.