What's new

[RPG Maker VX Ace] New Untitled(for now) Game

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] New Untitled(for now) Game

Well so far, so good, piratebillbones (heh, great name). I can say for sure, I am looking forward to seeing more, especially the interactive cupboards/dressers thing - always nice to see some attention to detail. Good luck with the game from one creator to another.

As far as what I'd like to see: good character development in the main character as well as any secondary characters. I like it when I really get to know the kind of person I am dealing with - whether it's through decisions that you have to make (like rescuing the girl being raped in the alley or just watching it go down), or if the character monologues to themselves or something like that.

I really like the art direction from the one screenshot (hhhrrrnnn), and can't wait to see more of dat (ass).
-VSPAR

OP
P

piratebillbones

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm hoping to make choices being very important in the game. Altough the main character is male, there will be parts of the game where you control a female character, which will open up opportunities for you to steer her towards some corrupt situations as well.

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I didn't see you mention it so I might as well ask. Is the tileset and character sprites your work? Because there are some problems in the tileset.

Some tiles are missing the outline that most of the tileset keeps as part of the style, especially that wall that I marked, it looks weird because it shares the same color with the floor and it doesn't make sense (Change the floor tiles to other color for an easy fix).

Some characters have a grey shadow, but others have a black one (first screenshot) you might want to fix that too.

Everything else that's marked is just because of the lack of shading/outline for the tiles in that area, just a small detail.

I don't know about content in your game but at least you have the setting done well and you're not using RTP. Good luck.

OP
P

piratebillbones

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi there, not my original work. Just a resource pack I purchased some time ago for playing around with rpg maker. However, this pack came with few characters, so plenty of the sprites you'll see are edited by me. As are all the poses you'll see. Sex scenes for example, certain scenes will have CGs but all of them will have sprite sex as well. So there are some situations when you will only see the sprites going at it, but in others after a few seconds of sprite sex, you will se actual pictures commissioned for the game.

I agree with what you pointed out in that screenshot, I'll correct those mapping errors as soon as possible.

Regarding the shadows, it's just me having trouble with transparency issues. The character that has more translucent black lines came by default with the pack. After editing it to make my own sprites, the transparency information was lost (I use mspaint for sprite work, it's a rudimentary tool, but generally is more than enough for me) and now even if I select the shadow color as translucent, it looks pretty solid in game. Just one more thing I got to look at.

All in all, thank you very much for your feedback! It's great to have a fresh pair of eyes look at what I've done and point out stuff I neglect.

Generico

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is relevant to my interests.

OP
P

piratebillbones

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Some stuff has been tweaked and I am still working on the first playable chapter. I decided to expand the prologue a bit and I should release it soon. There were also some minor changes to the story which hopefully made the game better.

Can't wait to show you guys.

If you're interested in beta testing, shoot me a pm.