What's new

RPG Making 4 Dummies

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I've been playing H-PGs for a while now, as i'm sure all of you have, and while i love them to death the only downside is that most of them don't have patches for english users or translations. While most of these are straight forward enough to use non-japanese readers to get through, it can still lead to some confusion. Also, I have had a idea for an H-RPG for a while now invovling Kasumi, that buxom vexon for DOA. But since i can't write or speak japanese without using some online transaltor to lefts the message half legible, I can't suggest them to real RPG makers in japan. So here's what prepose, if someone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of a site that would teach me how to make a H-RPG, i'd be happy to delvelop it and give it to you guys for free.

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: RPG Making 4 Dummies

Well, first you should decide which RPG Maker you want to use.
Then you can just search your local youtube for tutorials.

You don't need to know anything special for HRPGs, since they shouldn't differ much from the 'normal' RPGs.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Don't even go there, it is NOT as simple as you might think unless you want a completely unoriginal one, and of those we have tons of, unless you're good at drawing and have basic knowledge of C++ and/or Ruby, in that case I'll give you some pointers in the right direction.

OP
myzle

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Don't even go there, it is NOT as simple as you might think unless you want a completely unoriginal one, and of those we have tons of, unless you're good at drawing and have basic knowledge of C++ and/or Ruby, in that case I'll give you some pointers in the right direction.
i'll just be using the best pics from the interwebs i've been able to find of her. I know how hard making a game is, just look at some of the awesome bone we seen this year, they probably took months. But that doesn't mean i won't try and half ass it. I do my damnest to alleast do H-RPGs the respect they desurve.

OP
myzle

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, first you should decide which RPG Maker you want to use.
Then you can just search your local youtube for tutorials.

You don't need to know anything special for HRPGs, since they shouldn't differ much from the 'normal' RPGs.
Ok, thanks!

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok, thanks!
You're welcome.
I played around a bit with VX and VXAce.
You don't necessarily need to know Ruby or any of the languages.
There's premade scripts by users to give your game more depth in gameplay and stuff.

and also: (Both for VXAce)

But be aware, that you're gonna need a shitload of time, to get anywhere in this game.
But the most important thing is to get what switches, and branches and all the other basic stuff is. Should be explained in any good YT tutorial.
Ace also comes with his own sprite creator and face generator.

OP
myzle

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You're welcome.
I played around a bit with VX and VXAce.
You don't necessarily need to know Ruby or any of the languages.
There's premade scripts by users to give your game more depth in gameplay and stuff.

and also: (Both for VXAce)

But be aware, that you're gonna need a shitload of time, to get anywhere in this game.
But the most important thing is to get what switches, and branches and all the other basic stuff is. Should be explained in any good YT tutorial.
Ace also comes with his own sprite creator and face generator.
I like you most of all Oiz, that's why i'll put you in the game once i get to the town making. Which is probably gonna take like, errr about 1000 and 12 years. But it'll happen!
Thanks for the help!

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I like you most of all Oiz, that's why i'll put you in the game once i get to the town making. Which is probably gonna take like, errr about 1000 and 12 years. But it'll happen!
Thanks for the help!
Haha, I'm highly honored to get featured.
I wish you best of luck with your game.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

RPG Maker is all ruby, unless you want to write your own dll's.

The tool allows you to easily import custom material and with the vast amount of scripts available it should be easy for anyone to make a decent game.

If OP has a good idea and is willing to put the effort into it, it is not hard to make a good game. I think the main issue is when people don't have an idea, run out of ideas, or simply don't know how to organize their ideas.

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

RPG Maker is not very hard to use. It pretty much holds your hand, so unless you want to do a very different kind of game the tools it gives you should be just fine with no need to even touch Ruby.

Can I ask what kind of game this going to be beyond just "H-RPG?"

OP
myzle

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

RPG Maker is not very hard to use. It pretty much holds your hand, so unless you want to do a very different kind of game the tools it gives you should be just fine with no need to even touch Ruby.

Can I ask what kind of game this going to be beyond just "H-RPG?"
I'm trying to do a basic game RPG where all your attacks are sex manuvers, some basicly taking the idea of Sera the birthing soldier's sex battle aspect and putting it into a different game where the herorine is more over forced to use them after begin stripped of any real abillitles to attack. The thing i'm without a doubt worried about is trying to code the game to show pictures when you do or the enemy preforms an attack. But let's not count our chicks before they hatch, i'm still watch toturial vids.

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, BF stuff is a little more complicated. Most people just do standard battles where the heroine gets more stripped as she takes damage and gets raped on loss. That stuff is super easy to do.

coreless

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been playing H-PGs for a while now, as i'm sure all of you have, and while i love them to death the only downside is that most of them don't have patches for english users or translations. While most of these are straight forward enough to use non-japanese readers to get through, it can still lead to some confusion. Also, I have had a idea for an H-RPG for a while now invovling Kasumi, that buxom vexon for DOA. But since i can't write or speak japanese without using some online transaltor to lefts the message half legible, I can't suggest them to real RPG makers in japan. So here's what prepose, if someone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of a site that would teach me how to make a H-RPG, i'd be happy to delvelop it and give it to you guys for free.
Hey there,

I am also in the development stage of my game.

For starters, if you want awesome graphics, choose RPG Makex VX ace.

This shit takes time. You must have excessive (like nothing else to do in whole day) free time to create something good. For example, I've been working on my game for 3 weeks now. After 2 weeks I barely get the hang of the program. Then it got a lot easy.

In one week of solid work, I've been able to make a beta longer then 1,5 hours. But I spent 10 hours daily in this one week, so it takes shit load of time.

Also, if you have an idea, write it down. When you're trying to make a game there is incredible amounts of content to cover by yourself, and huge amounts of tinkering is needed. Its sooooo easy to let that idea slip from your mind while developing.

Lastly, think, think, think! RGP Maker games doesn't offer anything but scenario if you are not gonna heavily modify the program. So write a good scenario, and always think about how does event connect to each other, otherwise your game will be full of plot holes. Sure, you can also say "hey this is a Hentai game, and I have shitload of sexual content in my game, thats enough". Well, yes it is for some people. But there are some other people who actually plays these games for "playing a good game" not just for masturbation.

Thats it for now.

coreless

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In addition to my last post, design your world beautifully.

For example, if you decide to make your game with RPG Maker XP like me, you must remember that the players can only see 640*480 resolution. That means you have roughly 300,000 lousy dots to paint your maps at a time. and even if one of those dots are misplaced, it will show itself like an elephant on a tree and make the whole map ruined.

So design you maps beautifully.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, BF stuff is a little more complicated. Most people just do standard battles where the heroine gets more stripped as she takes damage and gets raped on loss. That stuff is super easy to do.
lol you know what would be unique? Grab SRPG Maker 95 and make fire emblem hentai.

Tactical battle system is provided, crappy visuals, no real customization, but at least it's really easy to just click a few buttons and you're off making TBS.

OP
myzle

myzle

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

lol you know what would be unique? Grab SRPG Maker 95 and make fire emblem hentai.

Tactical battle system is provided, crappy visuals, no real customization, but at least it's really easy to just click a few buttons and you're off making TBS.
Not a bad idea in the least, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch here.