What's new

[Complete - Partial] [ルナソフト/LunaSoft] 蒼穹のクレイドル-人形学園調教記- / Blue Sky Cradle (RJ132196)

Josba

Reputation score
Game Info

AKA: Cradle of the Azure Sky, Soukyuu No Cradle - Ningyou Gakuen Choukyouki
Game website: [ ] http:// lunasoft.jp/product/lus003/index.html
DLsite: [ ] . dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ132196.html
ULMF game thread: [link] https:// ulmf.org/threads/lunasoft-runasofuto-blue-sky-cradle-exploit-record-of-aion-nokureidoru-re132196-rj132196.5349/

Installation Instructions

1) Download from here: [ ] https:// anonfiles.com/V499t854x6/SoukyuuNoCradle_Tranlsation_20220105_7z
Or downloaded the attached files (remove the ".txt" extension I had to add)

2) Unpack the file into the game root directory, overwriting the game exe in the process. (This will also apply the game's v1.0.1 patch, so no need to do that separately.)

Partial Translation Contents

All gameplay relevent UI has been translated, first by MTL (DeepL) then cleaned up by hand.

Neither the config screen nor story dialog is translated. The config screen isn't hard to figure out. Textractor has a built-in hook that works for this game so you can get story MTL that way.

Translator Notes

Since it's used on DLsite, you could take "Blue Sky Cradle" as the official English title, but honestly that's a pretty ugly translation so I went with "Cradle of the Azure Sky" instead.

In a similar vein I find some of the choices for "official" character names on that page to be dubious so I elected to only treat them as suggestions. I picked from that page or the names on the game's VNDB page whichever I thought looked and suited the characters better.

The main character's surname was a real mess to try and get into English. Eventually what I decided is that his name looks very close to "Deus ex machina" transliterated to katakana, so I smooshed the 3 words together and deleted some letters to get "Dexmachia". Given the themes of the story, this seems to fit as well.

The last name troubles were with the names of the little automatons: Taros, Tarozu, Talos, take your pick. Taros used on the DLsite page, both Taroz and Tarozu are used in internal file names. I chose to go with "Talos" as a reference to The Talos Principle, which again seems to fit the story.

I did attempt to get an MTL translation of the story into the game and was partially successful. The text displayed properly but I also got game crashes I wasn't able to track down the cause of. (Or rather, I have a suspicion that it's due to an overflow of a buffer with hard-coded and insufficient size. But fixing that would require far more time decoding the ".seq" file format than I was willing to invest.)

Attachments

OP
J

Josba

Reputation score
Attached are the tools I created to make this translation, both for exe string discovery and replacement, and the game's DAT files. Might give some clues for translating other LunaSoft games. There's a text file inside that describes in more detail.

Attachments

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Please affix title prefixes to this thread.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thanks for the partial.
Just hope a full trans will appear one day as this is the kind of H game where the H is a side reward and the game itself is the candy. You play for the story and for the gameplay...