What's new

Shadowed Path character thread - Bad Guys storyline

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Make your villian characters here.

Character Generation will more/less be standard, with stat gen using the following options:

Standard (Roll 4d6 and drop lowest. Repeat for a total of six scores. May freely choose to re-roll if roll result is under 10.)

Focus/Foible system (From Way of the Wicked Book 1: Focus gets automatic 18, Foible gets automatic 8, everything else is generated 1d10+7)

GM-generated array (18, 17, 17, 16, 15, 14. Assign at will.)

Also, you may choose one trait.

PCs for this path *MUST* be of an evil bent, and preferably willing to work with others of like minds for certain goals. Characters who are purely mercenary probably will not last long. Characters who are good in nature are not allowed.

Classes from the are allowed for this, with the exception of the Paladin. Races available are those from the Present Races category of my RCSD. Other options may be available, but they must be discussed with me first.

In addition, each character must also select one crime from the Ironscar list towards the end of the RCSD. They will be guilty of the crime, and will have been caught and tried for it. Don't worry, though. You'll be getting some manner of bonus monkeys to a skill because of that crime, though. This will count as a trait pick, so evil characters only get one "free" trait pick. They also only get to have one "crime" trait picked. Also, due to having been caught, no equipment or money available at start. There will be other restrictions on a class-per-class basis, which will be dealt with as the situations arise.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Shadowed Path character thread - Bad Guys storyline

Humanoid form:

Fused Form (eventually XD ):

no fluff as yet, past her crime of choice. thinking something moderately chaotic, at least in reasoning. still plays well enough with others, if given a reason.

Last edited:

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Unfortunately, DNDsheets.net is being a bit of a bother about keeping money, languages, and backstory, so I'll list those here. Additionally, I am using Ozodrin, as agreed with GM, off

Added Trait and Crime.
Name: Gilfer
Hometown: Leogane
Class: Ozodrin 3
Race: Human
Hitpoints: 33
AC: 13 (+1 per 3 eyes)
Strength: 17
Dexterity: 17
Constitution: 16
Int: 15
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 20
Form Points: 19 (Charisma Modifier +Number of Aberrant Feats*2 [-1, Farspawn] + 3*Level, gain 3 every even level, gain 5 every odd level)
BaB: +2
Natural Attacks per round (Maximum): Half class level + Charisma Modifier (Rounding down 6)
Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +4
Will: +5

Free feats gained: 1

Feats:
Aberration Blood (Aberrant)
Side-effect: Sticky fingers ------ +3 bonus on Climb checks.

Farspawn (Aberrant)
Benefit: You gain an additional form point for each non-farspawn aberrant feat you possess.

Inhuman Vision (Aberrant)
Benefit: You gain a racial bonus on Perception checks involving sight equal to the number of aberrant feats you possess. The range of your darkvision improves by 5 feet for every aberrant feat that you possess. If you do not already have darkvision, you gain darkvision out to 5 feet for each aberrant feat you possess.

Stealthy
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Escape Artist and Stealth skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.

Decentralized Body (Aberrant)
Benefit: Your head is no longer required to live. As such you are able to survive decapitation. In addition, if you lose a limb, you may regrow it by eating the severed limb and changing between manifesting your true nature and repressing your true nature, or by healing to full hp and doing so.

Traits:
Unspeakable Bond: +2 to Diplomacy checks with Aberrations.
Hidden Lore: +1 trait bonus to Knowledge (nobility) and Knowledge (the planes) checks, and Knowledge (Nobility) to class list)
Crime:
Consorting with the Darker Powers: +2 to Knowledge: Arcane and Knowledge: The Planes, add one to class list.

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Orc

Skill Points per level: 6 +1 favored class +1 human for 8 total.
Free Skillpoints gained: 1
Class Skills:
Acrobatics: +3
Bluff: +2
Climb: +2
Craft: +0
Disguise: +3
Escape Artist: +3
Fly: +3
Intimidate: +3
Knowledge (Arcana): +0
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): +0
Knowledge (The Planes): +0
Perception: +3
Stealth: +3
Survival: +0
Swim: +0

Other skills will be listed below here as I add points to them.

Inventory: 1 Brown Bag of Tricks
1 Jester's costume, preferably poorest most ruddy quality possible
5 Bags Caltrops. Non-poisoned, non-special, just fun, pointy bits of metal.
5 Vials, empty.
1 Spyglass.
1 Poor-quality Lute
Extra flint and Steel. Because fire is never bad.
1 Set pastel dyes. Preferably more solid colors, amount given determined at time of receiving, can use empty vials for dyes.
1 Set colored chalks.
1 Tin crown.
1 Transmission Crystal, cozy range.
1 backpack to hold this stuff in
2 REALLY poorly made, ruddy, old, preferrably bell-attached, shoes

History: Gilfer, a distantly blooded Ozodrin of the Tamberlyn kingdom, and at one point in its' life, a devout follower of Boudica. As a child, Gilfer was the odd one out, a child who could not stand to get its' hair cut, a blade touching it resulted in it screaming as one possessed. It couldn't talk very well, always talking in circles "I heard you wanted to talk to me about wanting to talk to me when you talked to that adult earlier" and consistently it seemed to just be at odds with its' fellow children due to its' lack of real professions. Its' family was, more or less, the handymen of the village, they tried to do a little of everything, they'd help every other family, and that resulted in them being well known, but not in an inherently good way, being little better then beggars.

Needless to say, a child does not have such a history without being ridiculed, and the ridicule just resulted in Gilfer acting weirder, which in turn resulted in the bullies getting more dedicated to 'beating him into normality.' As the years went by, and as Gilfer gibbered more and more, becoming more and more inherently the kind of child that kings and queens grab as court Jesters, one of the bullies caught on to the young Ozodrin's particular weakness for the hair, the village having only thought it was an affectation at the time. Grabbing his father's straight razor, and getting his friends together, they held Gilfer down and sliced off his hair in a military haircut, cutting bloody swathes in his skin, as he screamed in pain, both from the unprofessional handling of the blade, and the sheer pain he was in. As the minutes passed, he started convulsing in their grip, eyes forming over every inch of his skin, his hair writhing as if it were alive, and moving along the ground like worms. The bullies were freaked out, and responded as if the child were possessed, one of them slitting his throat, but the result was little, as his form was inherently decentralized at that point. The hair which so covered the ground became a massive mouth, and the bullies fell in, vanishing into the darkness, before he shifted back into a normal human, his hair now returned to his head, and the injuries along his right arm, instead of the far more lethal locations across his head that they had been.

When he returned home, as far as he could recall, and as far as he could tell his parents, he had simply fell in some glass, however, as the years passed by, and as the disappeared childrens parents kept asking question after question, his memory returned to him, and, he confessed to the church Pastor. In addition to four separate counts of murder, he was found to have been the result of Consorting with the Darker Powers, and thus, for all of those crimes, sent to Ironscar Prison. While he does not disagree, inherently, with these claims, and knows factually he is guilty, he disdains the system for attacking him for something that would have resulted in his murder, had he not responded.

I will probably take the sheet off of dndsheets completely and move it to here, depending on luck.

...Before anyone suggests Myth-weavers, they refuse when your only email account is yahoo, and I'd rather not go to all that bother.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shrike, quick question...

Which one of the crimes are you wanting to have the "trait" for?

No matter what's in the character's background, they'd only have been tried and sentenced for one crime on the list.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, would make more sense to be tried for both, since im pretty sure they're gonna be from the same incident. i which case, the more serious crime would likely take precedence in terms of punishments. I'm guessing that consorting with the dark would be more serious of the two, so the trait for that, i guess. Not sure there's traits i want to begin with, so if you want to give me both, it would save me some trouble, actually XD

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, we'll go with the Consorting with Dark Powers then.

Problem with both is that the rules that I'm using for the crime traits specify only one per character, and the rational behind that is that there's not much point behind multiple death sentences.

Aside from the crime trait for this game, the traits are optional anyway.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mekel Drauwulf

Additional stoof:

Crime: Desecration of Holy Site: Was found blackout drunk in a puddle of mixed bodily fluids inside a church.