Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The other girls would eventually show up to eat, Rose simply settling down to eat. Taio would do it too, but she would eat a whole lot slower as she had brought her gun to the table and was fiddling around with it, examining the insides as she went about learning how it functioned and how to take it apart for maintenance. But she did seem to have some ideas as to what to do. "Another thing I noticed I need yesterday is... clothing. I can't just go with a few bikinis and my solitary jacket. But I can go and do it by myself if you guys don't want to go along."

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle would nod to Taio. "Try Josephine's place out. It's where I got all my stuff, and helped Rose to get hers too," Adelle told Taio, and where to go to in order to find Josephine's place. "Well Rose, what are you gonna do in that case? I might go talk to Kei about stuff, not sure yet. Might go find Shizu and maybe try and do another job somewhere, I dunno," Adelle would then ask Rose curiously.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Taio would take the offered advice, and once she had put her gun back together, would eat in a hurry and see herself out without too much ceremony. She had probably made her mind on going the moment she heard of the clothes store and the somewhat quirky owner. And once the two of them got to know each other, who knew what sort of clothing-related nonsense would happen.

Rose, for her part, seemed a bit uncertain. "I.... don't know. What should I be doing? I was never meant for any of this... normal life stuff. But here I am now, doing it." she would reply, the nature of her existence coming back to her mind again as she looked down at one of her clawed hands. She had been made as a weapon, even if a wildly unorthodox one, and still seemed to be working out how and what she was meant to do now that her original purpose was mostly gone.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Well Rose, hon.. it's all according to what You want to do. You've got your whole life ahead of you, and you can do whatever you'd like. Is there anything you'd like to do? Or try? If so, I'm willing to go with you and help out," Adelle asked Rose curiously as she sat there with her, wanting to help her new friend out.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"That's a part of... my trouble... The uncertainty of what would be good... What I COULD do... and not make it a complete mess." Rose would go on with her dilemma, still looking down on her clawed hand as she put down her fork, having finished eating.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"Well why don't we try and find you something you like to do then. Everyone needs a hobby, and something fun to do, lest they go crazy," Adelle would say to Rose, finishing up with her food too, and getting up to take the plates to wash them up and set aside to dry.

"Can you think of anything that makes you happy? Right off I mean," Adelle would ask as she was cleaning the dishes up.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Guess I will have to... see if something comes up and think about it then..." Rose would not seem too satisfied with the answer she got. But maybe it would work out sooner or later, and she would find something to do with herself that would end up giving her a feeling of satisfaction and purpose.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle felt a bit sad that she hadn't helped Rose more. "Hmm... how about this then hon. While watching the TV? or while working any with me and Taio the last few days, is there anything that gave you a feeling of... satisfaction? That... sensation of fulfillment? Like you... did something you could be proud of?" Adelle asked Rose curiously, trying to press just a little further to maybe crack through that shell and find out what they both wanted to know.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"I mean... I was just there doing what needed to be done... even if it went... in very weird directions." Rose wouldn't really seem to think too much of what she had been doing back there. But before the two of them could get further into discussing it any further, Adelle could hear the sound of her door being knocked on by someone. It sounded like a very polite knock, so it was probably not something to be concerned of.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle was about to say something back to Rose, when she heard the knock on the door, and got up to go see who it was, and what they wanted. She peered out the window beside the door, just in case, before opening it, and it it looked like someone that wasn't threatening any, she'd open the door on up to greet them properly.

"Well hon, maybe we'll be able to find something that you can be passionate about, that you can love to do. We just gotta look around and stuff," Adelle would say as she went to check and then answer the door.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
With a look from the window, Adelle could spot that there was indeed someone there, and it looked like it was a maid of some sort. While that might have given her some cause for concern, it quickly turned out that it was not the maid she might have trouble with. This one looked they were a cow lady of some stripe, with the furry ears and horns giving her nature away, the tail being a little more hidden behind her almost immensely voluptuous body. Of course she had the chest to fit her cow nature, but she was almost as wide and juicy in the lower area, even as it was all covered by her blue uniform and apron. Her face was a bit wider than the average lady, with sleepy-looking green eyes and long light blue hair that had been braided up and held over her shoulder with the thing hanging on the side of her left boob. Underneath that was the only really hostile thing about her, something that looked like a half-length saber of some sort hooked onto her apron strap with a hook on the sheath.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Seeing that it was... a maid, but not the maid that she'd had some trouble in the past with, Adelle opened the door to greet the... cow woman. "Um... greetings, miss. What can I do for you?" Adelle said in greeting to the cow girl maid, as she opened the door.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Once she had opened the door and was face to face with the maid, Adelle could feel a calming effect, the presence of this cow lady immediately making her feel like her troubles were washed away to some distant place for that moment. With the door no longer there, she could really make out the features of the maid better, and she was quite a bit taller than she had looked now that they were faced with each other. While she was not quite Rose in height, the cow maid was a fair bit taller than the average lady, at least six and half feet. This, combined with her body shape, would give her a very motherly presence. Once she spoke, her slower speed of talking combined with how husky her voice was would only further add to this motherly aura.

"Yes, greetings. I am Ushiko, a maid to a certain person you have not met just yet, but she was interested once she heard that you possess something she is looking for. It was mentioned to her by Mr Kozlov that you appear to have an unusual revolver in you possession. Might I be able to see it so I can confirm this? If it's true, my master would probably be interested in working out something to pay you in one way or another for it. She collects these things you see."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle was still a little on guard, but when she showed that she bore her no ill will, Adelle looked her over and would invite her inside. "Um... please, Ushiko, come on in. And... my... revolver? You mean this old thing?" Adelle replied, pulling her old pistol out of its holster and showing it to the cow girl maid lady, unloaded of course, at the moment. "Could I get you something to drink while we talk, and while you look it over?" Adelle would ask, offering her hospitality as her mother had always taught her to do for guests.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Once she was allowed inside, Ushiko would come in to see what she had been sent to look for. Once they were up at the main section of the house, she wouldn't sit down even when she got the revolver in her hands. And once she did, the way she handled and looked it over told Adelle that she was no stranger to guns, probably having a gunsmith level of proficiency at the least. It didn't even take her that long, and Adelle didn't need to get her anything before she was done. "No thank you. But yes, this is indeed a genuine Mateba. A bit worn but that is not something that my master really minds. Would you be willing to accompany me to the compound so you can deal with her for this fine piece?"

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle did get a cup of water for herself, and sipped at it as she watched Ushiko looking the pistol over. It was the one her father had given her, but she knew that it was older, and didn't have the same oomph that her newer guns did, and... she could use the money too, assuming that's what this would be traded for that is. "I... guess, yeah. May I ask who your master or mistress is, exactly?" Adelle replied, not really against the idea, and glancing at Rose to see if she'd like to come with her on this excursion, and if she did, Adelle would make to follow Ushiko.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"Master Zeta is a gun collector of the highest caliber. She tries to keep on the low to avoid unnecessary attention towards herself and her vast collection... which works to questionable effect given what she likes and does with her time." Ushiko would explain her boss as she handed the gun back to Adelle, maybe not that it was her place to handle it more than needed until the ownership was properly worked out with the two participants. She would not hurry them in any way after, letting the two do whatever preparations they might have wanted to do before they took off.

Rose, probably not seeing anything else worthwhile to do around the house, agreed to come along. While it was probably not necessary to do such a thing, she would go through the effort of dressing up in her office type clothing, looking more unusual than she was most of the time in it.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Adelle wore something a bit more casual and went for her tanktop and shorts, her boots, and pack with her weaponry, including her alien blaster gun. It paid to be prepared after all. Once she was ready, Adelle would ask Ushiko if they should walk, or what, and if Ushiko told her it wasn't too far, she'd just walk along with the tall cow girl maid to the home of her "master" as she kept calling Zeta. She idly wondered who this Zeta was exactly, as they went to her house.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
"I got here by walking, and that is how I plan to go back. Exercise is good." Ushiko would not go into further detail as to how long the trip would be, so it would be somewhat awkward to go there by bikes while she walked. With their way set, the cow maid would take them for a walk that lasted about half an hour, to an area in the southeastern portion of the city.

Within a sparsely built section, the ladies would come across a large, walled-off property that was probably a former industrial compound in the before world. Now it was something else, tall and smooth concrete walls keeping the rest of the world away from the area, and at the corner they passed by, a large dome could be seen at the top, with a camera lens peeking out from the otherwise steel-plated construction. Even the gate they made it to was a large, solid steel type that didn't give anything out to the world outside. Ushiko would wipe a card she had on the reader mounted on the door, and even as she did so, another camera would look over at them as the door slid open. Ushiko would take lead as they went in, passing a security booth manned by an iguana-headed person in an armored security uniform, who was completely uninterested towards them as soon as he/she saw Ushiko waving at them. Not far from him, an AR-pattern rifle leaned against the counter, within reach for any possible threats even from the seat they were in.

With Ushiko there to guide them, they would move through some restored and well-maintained former industrial buildings, the sound of something heavy and automatic soon ringing in the air from a nearby fenced area. "Oh, the master is letting loose a bit. We'll go see her in the range." she would usher them towards smaller building near the fences, taking the girls in through a door where a smaller separate room, where she would hand the girls some active headphones before letting them through the other door. They would initially come across another maid right outside that door, her uniform being similar to Ushiko's, though it was orange in color. This was a smaller, cute maid with what looked like floppy dog ears that matched her brown hair in color, and there was a bristly tail with that same coloring present as well. The two maids would meet and the other one would pass duty to Ushiko, the latter likely a superior if not a head maid. "We'll let the master finish, I hope you don't mind." she would tell the girls as they were given the opportunity to see the master herself.

Zeta herself appeared to be a rabbit girl, dressed in a somewhat official getup of a suit vest, undershirt and tight skirt even when she was manning a self-built turret with a mounted M2 Browning that was currently going off at some scrap targets down range, a wide grin on her face as she ripped off rounds with the gun at the varied targets. For whatever reason it was, she was not sparing ammo, a large box giving her plenty of belt to go through.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
"You're not wrong, exercise is great to do," Adelle told Ushiko and proceeded to follow on foot instead, and once they arrived she saw just how large Zeta's property was, and she couldn't help but feel a little intimidated.

She was a little surprised by the higher tech of the place, after seeing Ushiko swiping the card through the card reader. As they walked through into the compound, Adelle heard the sounds of gunfire and looked towards it. "She likes to shoot her guns. Nothing wrong with that. And I don't mind," Adelle would say when they saw the other maids, and Zeta nearby, and couldn't help but feel a bit intrigued by the woman as she watched and admired her a bit.

"Heh, reminds me of me the first time I shot a gun of any kind. That power, the feeling of it in my hands... was amazing," Adelle chuckled softly to Ushiko as the other maids left them with Ushiko.

For the time being, Adelle would just watch and wait as Zeta plugged the targets she was shooting at, her grin widening as she watched. There was something about Zeta that put her at ease, likely the fact that she was kind of similar to Adelle herself.