OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Steel Sky (Adelle/Mind Flayer)

After being addresed, the young girl stopped trying to poke holes into Amelia, who retreated a few steps away to avoid any further interaction with the blade. The words that she heard seemed to confuse the girl somewhat. "No, you ain't lost. You can get out right now, it's just a warehouse. There's been no-one here besides me in a long time." she told them, not looking like she cared much about anything else besides herself. Pointing the knife at the door, she instructed them a bit more. "That door there, use it to go to the corridor and follow the signs to the exit." the little girl told them, basically telling the trio to go away. Rachaela opened up the door a bit, throwing it wide open as there was no freaky dungeon there anymore, just a normal corridor in a building. "Make it quick, I want to go back into dreaming some more." the girl finished up as she flopped back down on the scruffy bed, still holding onto the knife like her life depended on it.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Listening to the girl's reply, Adelle looked back over at the door she'd pointed to as Rachaela threw the thing open for them to look out, where it looked relatively normal outside compared to before. "What the... we just came through there and it was like... a dungeon from hell before. There were undead all hanging in gibbets and everything and that's why Rachaela was trapped inside of one when we first came into this room," Adelle said as she looked out through the door, then back to the girl, feeling that something was very wrong here.

After a moment, the rusty old cogs in her head turned a time or two as she put 2 and 2 together, then she looked over at Rachaela with a curious look in her eyes and stepped closer. "Hey... do you think maybe... she's the cause of all this? You were released as soon as she woke up after all, and now that she's awake that hallway isn't all... spooky anymore, and it was definitely magic of some sort that made this place all wonky," Adelle whispered to Rachaela, wondering if she'd noticed the same thing.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Doesn't look like there is anything like that in here anymore." Amelia said as she moved into the corridor, starting the slightly awkward process of sticking her slab of a blade back into the purse. Still, the thing did go in there almost as fast as it had come out.

After a brief pondering and putting two things together in her head, Adelle had an idea which she asked about from Rachaela. "That is probably the case here, yes." the mage confirmed that she at least shared the vision of how things were. "But this is some serious power. And I almost think that she is not aware of it, or at least does not do it intentionally. It appears that she is manifesting her dreams to the physical world in some manner."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Aye, I'm fairly sure it's her and that she doesn't realize her power. Would you perhaps know of someone that could help her out some by chance? Like whoever you learned your magic from maybe. Because I'd say she's the cause of this disturbance if I had to guess," Adelle whispered back to Rachaela before glancing over at the young girl for a moment. "Besides, she's not in a very good place here by herself, and that knife worries me being so bloody like that, and I'm not as knowledgeable about magic and the city itself for that matter, so you'd know better if there's somewhere that could take care of her, and make sure she doesn't hurt anyone, including herself," she added as she turned back to Rachaela.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Hmm... Master did say it many a time that he would not want to take any further apprentices, but I think this is not really a case that is anything like apprenticeship. He has a thing for strange types of magical and spiritual power, so this just might give her a chance to be taken into a more safe place, he'll probably want to experience her powers and take records. Possibly even seek out how this all happens. There is a problem though, my master lives in a house that is outside the city, which means travel in the more dangerous wastelands outside the city." Rachaela explained what she thought was the most likely scenario with the master and this girl after thinking about it for a few seconds.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmm, could you help me talk to her then? And I can use the motorcycle to take us out there I suppose when you wanna take her out there to him, I just don't think she's going to come with us easily honestly," Adelle whispered over to Rachaela, believing she could just drive them out to this master of Rachaela's.

Stepping back over to the girl, Adelle knelt beside where she was resting at, holding her hands up in a show of peace, gesturing for Rachaela to follow her over. "Hey young one... how long have you been staying here by yourself? Now I'm not wanting to hurt you or anything, I'm just curious is all, I'd like to help you if I can," Adelle asked the young girl, trying to break the ice and all without spooking her too soon with talking about her powers.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"We could try to see if discussion has any effect on this one. Somehow, I think you are right. There is something we don't know about that is keeping her here. It appears to me that she prepared to defend herself with force if necessary, that knife is pretty strong indication that we are not the first ones she has come in contact with. Would not be surprised if we found a couple of dead people in the warehouse area." Rachaela agreed to try with Adelle while Amelia was still near the door in the corridor, now following the events from there but not taking part.

Once they went to talk with her, the sleeping girl looked at them in a visibly grumpy manner, not too satisfied with the fact that they had not left yet. As Adelle began to talk, she pulled her blanket up over her head, covering herself up completely. "Long enough." she answered, the knife coming out from under the blanket as the discussion went on. "Why? It's not like you can do anything." she quickly sought to push away any attempts to get deeper into the conversation. Rachaela asked why that was, but got a similarly uncooperative answer. "What happened, happened. Go away. I want to dream, not deal with anyone."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Aye, let's see if we can get her to listen to us before trying anything more," Adelle whispered to Rachaela before heading on over to the girl.

Looking over at Rachaela after talking to the girl, who seemed to be quite uncooperative with them, Adelle sighed a little, but wasn't ready to give up just yet. "I may not be able to do anything myself, but I am wanting to help if I can, and my friend here knows some magic. She may be able to, or at least she may be able to take you to someone who can," Adelle told the girl gently, trying to calm her back down. "It's your dreams isn't it little one? Why you want us to leave I mean. Do you know what your dreams are doing?" Adelle went on to ask the girl with a sidelong glance at Rachaela.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It was not really possible to get a reading on the girl as she was hiding under her blanket, but the two could still discuss with her without trouble. "Magic? Don't try anything with that or you'll regret it." she took a turn towards the hostile at the mention of magic. But going to the dreams appeared to cut back into more pleasant territory. "Yes, my dreams. I love my dreams, the ability to see and experience what I want. Unlike this trashy existence, there is something to be enjoyed in dreams. Unlike people, dreams don't want to hurt me. I'd like to go to my dreams now."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmm... I don't know what your experiences with magic have been, but I know that mine for the most part haven't been too bad. Because there are magics that heal and they've been used on me before, so I can't say that all magic is bad, and I don't see how one can regret being healed regardless of the means. But I don't want to hurt you dear, I don't hurt people unless I have to, and even then I try and not hurt them," Adelle started saying to the girl before standing up next to the bed, though still showing no hostility to keep from agitating the girl again. "But... your dreams... they could hurt other people if you don't learn to control them better, and they could end up hurting you if you aren't careful. And besides... there must be someone out there that would miss you and doesn't want to hurt you... aside from me that is," she went on to say in a gentle tone in hopes of getting the girl to understand her.

"And this world may not be in the best of shape right now I'll agree with you there. But... that's because of attitudes like that if you ask me. If you don't like the world as it is... then work to try and change it to something better instead of trying to escape it into your dreams. I mean dreams are alright to have, they give you something to strive towards and can bring enjoyment to you, but you shouldn't just lock yourself away like that. When life gets you down... you have to just get right back up and face your problems head on, because you aren't the only person who's got it hard out there little one, believe me, I've seen them," Adelle said after a few moments, sitting down on the foot of the bed as far from the girl's reach as she could to keep her from trying to stab her with the knife or something and glancing at Rachaela to see if she had anything to say that she hadn't already said herself.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The longer speech went on in a period of silence from the girl, who appeared to not have anything to say to the whole thing. Rachaela too decided that she had something to put in there, but her words were more speculative in subject. "Do your dreams have something to do with your past? The first rooms we saw were pretty random and outright artistic at times, but the last few looked like they could be real events. We saw a long road and a dead person, then this dungeon full of young people."

Before the mage could go any further, they saw the girl stab her knife into the mattress. "SHUT UP!" she screamed at them before springing up from her bed. Quickly scooping up the blanket, she ran for the door, raising her knife up as she saw Amelia. The princess wisely stayed out of her way, avoiding any possible cuts that might have resulted from trying to stop her. "I hate humans! LEAVE ME ALONE!" they could hear her scream.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Adelle listened to Rachaela speak as the girl seemed to get more and more pissed at their words, but she kept a close eye on her and as soon as she stabbed the knife down into the bed, Adelle turned to watch her as she jumped up from the bed and got up as well. Adelle ran after the girl, following her as much as need be to catch her, where she'd try to grab her from behind in a hug, grabbing her knife hand to make sure she didn't stab her.

"But why little one? Why do you hate humans? Are you not human yourself? If you hate humans, then you're saying that you hate yourself as well," Adelle asked her softly when she was able to grab her. "Nobody should have to live alone when they don't have to, when someone is offering to help them. And I can tell you aren't a bad person, you don't really want to hurt anyone. Do you?" she added, hoping she could convince the girl that she really wanted to help her.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Adelle went after the girl, still hoping to not see her go just like that. She sought to stop her in a relatively gentle manner, which did not unfortunately work as the runaway had apparently done some escaping before, which resulted in the busty girl almost landing on her face as the other one pulled off a surprise maneuver when they she was almost caught and leaving Adelle in a bad state as far as balance was considered. What the runaway had in mind still succeeded though, and she gained more distance as the chaser stumbled about to avoid hitting her head onto the floor or a wall. Rachaela and Amelia had taken to following them once the chase began, but neither of them were all that well equipped to chase people. What Adelle had to say did not affect the girl, who was not going to have any of it and carried on trying to break out into the street.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

As she made to grab the girl, Adelle missed her grab and nearly fell flat on her face, which would probably have hurt quite a bit, but thankfully she caught herself. Looking back up after catching herself and regaining her balance, Adelle continued chasing after her. "Little one... come back, I don't want to hurt you, I swear it. I want to help you, but you've got to let us," Adelle called after the girl as she started the chase back up again.

Adelle was hoping that the others would be able to keep up with her, but it was obvious that she was the only one with the shoes to run after someone, so run she did after the girl. She didn't want this to spill over into the street if possible, because then too many questions would be asked, though if the girl got away she supposed that she could always ask Priscilla for some help in finding her and helping her out some, since that was kind of what she did after all. If they got too close to the street where the people could see them all, she'd not stop, but with the way she was running after the girl she doubted anyone would believe she meant her harm considering she'd holstered her guns and sheathed her sword at this point.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Recovering quickly from the stumbling, Adelle went after the girl again, and the two had another chase sequence into the main area of the warehouse. But even with all her effort, the busty girl just barely failed to get to the escaping young lady before she pulled off a crazy baseball slide into a small hole in a wall, fleeing to the street on the other side. It looked like they would not get to finish their dealing with her right then as the hole would leave Adelle stuck with her boob size, but at least they had resolved the situation that they had arrived to deal with in the first place. The other two ladies soon caught up with her, Rachaela looking a bit dissappointed with them not being able to get the girl, but what could they do at that point. "Sigh... Suppose we did what we came to do, even if we failed to get her..."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Despite chasing the girl, Adelle just wasn't able to catch the girl before she slipped away by sliding into a rather small hole in the wall. Seeing that she'd get stuck in the hole, Adelle saw that she'd be unable fit through the hole, so she could only watch as the girl got away. "Dammit... she got away. We'll have to see if we can find her later unfortunately, she's just a kid, and she needs help before she hurts someone, or gets herself hurt," Adelle grumbled as Rachaela and Amelia came up to her, stomping a foot at being unable to catch the girl. "Maybe Priscilla can help us find her later... I hope," she added before turning back to the others.

"But as you said Rachaela, we finished the job at least, so let's head on back to the bar and get paid for now and then head on home, I need to sleep. That poor girl... she... who did this to her?" Adelle said after a few moments, rubbing her temples with her fingers for a moment before starting to lead the way back to the bar to explain to Samson what had been going on, and what a tale it'd be.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"She probably can, if we can find her that is. Find a person to find a person, as silly as that sounds."

After a brief look to see there was nothing wrong with the warehouse now that it was normal again, the three ladies took off to get the job finished back at the bar. The timing for that was pretty spot-on as the evening was beginning to come in and bring the dangers of night time eventually. Much like before, the bar was still occupied by the usual guys that appeared to be on job here and there, as well as the ever-present Samson at his table. Cards were being played and drinks went down, the mood was a bit merrier than average, which was a good thing. The girls had to wait a bit for another hunter was still dealing with the old cowboy, but they got their audition soon enough.

"I have to say, that is quite a story. I swear, it is almost as if whatever job I send you into turns out to be some bizarre anomaly zone. But things still turned out well, I take it?" Samson asked as he layed out the pay for the two. "I'll give the description of the girl to the scouts, so they can keep an eye out for anyone matching the description."

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(Did Adelle get her regular clothes back now by chance? Or was all that in the dream realm of the girl? I'm assuming so.)

"Aye, but I'm fairly confident that we can find her now though," Adelle replied about finding Priscilla before they headed back to check on the warehouse area to make sure everything was alright there.

Heading on back afterwards, they made it back to the bar with night closing in soon enough, which wasn't too good a thing, but at leas they had completed their objectives, and Amelia was likely pleased that she'd gotten to swing her big sword around a bit at something. "Yo can I get a scotch please," Adelle called to the bartender as she sat down up there while waiting for Samson to finish up with the other hunter that'd gone out and returned to get paid from the looks of it.

Sipping at her scotch for the time being, Adelle kept an eye on Samson's table to see when he'd get done, at which point she'd drain the last of her drink in one gulp, or two depending on how much she had left at that point. Once they sat down at his table she and the others explained what had happened during the mission, taking her pay for that job, and wondering if Amelia would pay them after helping her return to her hotel room for the evening, as she was quite sure Samson wouldn't take too kindly to Amelia not paying them at least something for the tour earlier.

"Heh, yeah just about every one of my jobs here in the city so far has been strange it seems, but hey it's decent work, and I get good experience that helps me get better at this kind of work. Maybe I've just got bad luck around me though or something to make all of these strange things happen around me. Also thanks for that, that girl... I don't think she understands her own power, and I can't stand seeing a kid get hurt when it can be helped. Poor thing has probably been on the streets for a while now without much in the way of help... of any kind," Adelle said to Samson as she took her pay from this job and pocketed it before standing up, where she pulled her coat on up some more and thanked Samson for the pay, then looked to Amelia.

"Well princess, it's nearly nighttime if not already, so it'd be a good idea for us to see you back to your hotel room before we head home ourselves. The streets can be mighty dangerous at night, believe me, I found that out the hard way," Adelle told Amelia before gesturing to the door, suggesting that she come along so her and Rachaela could see her home for the night. "I hope that we were good enough tour guides for you and all, and that you didn't mind getting a little into the thick of that fighting earlier. Though all in all I had a good bit of fun to say the least," she added to Amelia with a smile.

Once she and Rachaela were ready, Adelle would lead the way to where Amelia was staying at right now, which would be quite familiar actually to say the least. If there was no trouble along the way, Adelle would say farewell to Amelia at the entrance to the place before her and Rachaela headed on back to Rachaela's place for the night, where she'd lead the way back to the house for the night for them to eat and get some rest themselves, as this day was long and Adelle was ready to kick back and relax for a while.

OP
Guan Yu

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

(Yus)

There was time to have a drink before their meeting with Samson, so that was what Adelle did.

"Yes, yes, wait a moment now. We have to talk business a little first, you mind leaving us for a while?" Amelia told the two other girls, wanting to have some time with the two organizers. The discussion between them was not too long, and they did not have to wait and get bored before Amelia was there again, which allowed them to leave and head towards Liliana's establishment.

The path the hotel was clear, more obviously so towards the end of the approach as some of the hotel mistress' underlings were keeping watch in the streets near the establishment. This was most certainly a result of the earlier events, and Liliana wanted to keep any fights away from the house as much as possible, since there might be some tension between different groups of the six main criminal bodies. The guard still did nothing to bother the group, either out of knowing their customers or some entirely different thing. At the doors, Amelia went on to keep up with the end of the deal she had started. Once more going to the girly bag, she produced further money to pay the escort service she had been using the pair as. A little further deal was given to Adelle, who got a slightly smaller money stack as the princess flailed into the bag and demanded a certain item from the collections. "I'll let you have that, since you got the other blade hurt with that reckless cage-smacking. I don't have any interest towards these kinds of blades and dad is too big to use that, so I think it will be better off in your hands and not dusting up the collections." she explained the reason before producing the mentioned item, "There was some sect of assassins in the kingdom once, and they plotted against daddy. But they did not get far with it, and these were one of the things they left behind. I believe the leader of the sect used those, up until he met dad in combat and got pulverized by his hammer."

After finishing up their dealings, Adelle and Rachaela could head back to the house, where the comfy sofas were waiting for them. Garagan was up to his usual housekeeping tasks as well, just preparing a meal as they arrived, which happened to be pizza this time around. The big man was soon asking around for what everyone wanted on their pizzas, since he was making one for everybody. Clara was still around as well, doing her best to pester the man as much as she could without causing any major disturbances to his work.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, that'll give me time for another drink then to cool off after the day's events, I'll be ready whenever you two are," Adelle told Amelia, heading back up to the bar to get another drink, though a smaller one than the last, and something only about half as strong as the scotch, and something cherry flavored she told the bartender while waiting for Amelia to do what she had to with Samson.

Heading on back to Liliana's place which Amelia was staying at right now for some reason, Adelle led the way and kept an eye on their surroundings to make sure nobody got the drop on them tonight, because that would be terrible to come all that way with Amelia only to have them all ganged up on just before they got her to where she was staying. After getting the princess back to Liliana's, with Adelle noticing the extra guards on the area surrounding it, which actually made her feel a helluva lot more safe than anything at the moment really, anyway once there she looked over to Amelia as she pulled out the money with which to pay them. At first Adelle felt a bit cheated actually, that is until Amelia produced a sword and offered it to her as a replacement to the her now damaged one.

"Oh... thanks, I appreciate that very much Amelia. Now I won't have to worry about this one here snapping before I can get it repaired. I'll probably be around the bar tomorrow sometime around noon if you are by chance, maybe we'll have time for a drink or something," Adelle said with a bow of her head, thanking the princess for the new blades she'd given her.

Departing from Liliana's place with a wave to Amelia, Adelle and Rachaela headed on back to her place, with Adelle holding onto the sheath of the new blades she'd gotten from Amelia as she had no place for it on her belt yet. She'd have to talk to Mariela about getting something fixed up tomorrow most likely, plus they had to inform her about their sighting Margaret as well. Once they returned to Rachaela's for the evening, Adelle walked inside and plopped back onto the nearest sofa after taking her boots off as well as her leather coat which she hung on the coat rack.

"Mmm, pizzas... I'll have pepperoni, steak, onions, a few green peppers but not a whole lot, some mushrooms, and a little extra cheese on mine... if you've got all that then. If you don't got any mushrooms or the peppers, or not enough rather, throw on some sliced tomatoes and or olives instead," Adelle told Garagan before calling Clara in there with them.

"Hey squirt, got some news for you, Priscilla dealt with that bastard for us, though she went in before me and Rachaela got there, so we weren't able to help her out any with it unfortunately, but she managed it without any of your friends getting hurt. But we'll go and handle that tomorrow if you want to," Adelle told Clara, smiling at her as she told her the good news.