What's new

Stranded

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood mane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So i will be learning how to make games in game maker and soon i will need an artist for this and i would like to follow the footsteps of dot_slave3 haha support me guys. :3. I already have all the idea but i need to learn how to do it first

SquirrelEggs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Stranded

suggest you add what the game is about. Maybe explain the target audience examples being what fetishs you plan on having in the game/cg or animated scenes. Also I would add a description of the plot.

Once seeing all that we may be about to help you and other might being willing to support you in your endeavors

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

how about learning first and then asking

that way you'll know if/when you're gonna burn out and what your limits of programming are

it will help you show what you can do, demo people what you are capable of, make you waste less money because you'll know what you want from artists

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

basically the best thread of ulmf right now.
it forced me out of lurking in the shadows just to post it.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Uh I recommend just find any hentai game about stranded and play those instead of trying to make your own because making this type of thread is kinda irresponsible and you're likely not up to the task either.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

wow ethan great moves, keep up the good work. i guess?

this is one of the reasons that make some people dislike cashgrab attempts wich take away some of the hard earned reputation dedicated developers get.

if you're really determined to start a project, the minimum you can put (and is required to have any credibility) are:

-a main character portrait
-a fake screenshot
-list of main fetishes (DON'T have people decide, state inmediatly the focus of the game, after that you may add things in small doses)
-short summary of the story, or at least the setting of the universe you want to create.
-gameplay details, is it a VN, an RPG, a puzzle game?
-a link to a blog or a patreon if you have one
-a defined schedule, this WILL be incorrect, but it helps to see if you really have some knowledge about development or not, which i and many other members of this site have a lot of experiences of (the deadlines and delaaaays!!!!!).
-list of minimum content you want to add, 10 cg's 3 animation?
-your redaction is really simplistic "hi guys i want to make a game gibe mi moni pliase" and shows no effort put into it, or you are not a native speaker.

just trying to be helpfull but i'm also kind of pissed...

EDIT:most important thing, you are learning to make games in GM, but what do you actually do??? artist? writer? programer?

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Epic thread of the month :eek:
Learn and make demo first or at least some concepts before post man.

No more info? Seem like self talking.
Hope Darkfire will come for lock or delete thread.

GM_MD

Lurker
Reputation score

I already have all the idea but i need to learn how to do it first
Game Maker has several guides on steam. I highly recommend you read through those, and attempt to make a short 5-10 minute game to bite your teeth into. This will let you know if you have the time, talent, motivation, and inclination to continue.

Past that, do not limit your Q&A to your circle of friends, they will not give you valid critiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.