What's new

Subterranea OOC Thread

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Post any out of character questions, ideas, or concerns about Subterranea here.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Subterranea OOC Thread

Have you let everyone know we've gotten a subforum? If not, maybe they just missed it...

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah... Millions of times. People apparently showed interest, but didn't actually want to participate.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, suppose we could try a solo thing, though that makes it intensely harder for me to be sneaky...

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, suppose we could try a solo thing, though that makes it intensely harder for me to be sneaky...
Did you finish your character?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Everything but the backstory, can't piece together enough about the outside world in my head to come up with one that I like. I think, anyways. Everything else should be done.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, I'll get started on your character thread now I guess.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Okie dokie. Feel free to come up with background stuff if you want, may give me something to work from.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, for starters, every character is either an assassin or bounty hunter, so being hired by someone would be a good start for a backstory.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That's more plot exposition than backstory, to me anyways. It sounded like a government vs government almost private contractor kind of thig to me, since everyone was going to have been sent for the exact same job, implying the same employer.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, that'd make sense.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, so it's a function of the story, not the character. Hence, not for me to worry about.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I guess I'll wait until you finish your character before I make a thread for you...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I figured you were gonna say that. What do you need from the backstory, honestly? The motive, means, and direction have already been decided.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I figured you were gonna say that. What do you need from the backstory, honestly? The motive, means, and direction have already been decided.
I guess I just need you to come up with small details. Every character is going to end up deep in an abandoned mine shaft to use explosives to blow a hole into the wall to make their way into the lower dome of Dolvehk. So, I guess a brief description of your character's perspective the events leading up to that point.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm... Explosives are loud, mine shafts are cold, this job seems horribly under-thought out (the pay or the blackmail must be incedible), and if they're all humans down there, why did they bother bringing him in at all? How is it supposed to be a secret entrance if every seperate team has to set off an explosion at the beginning of it? In no particular order.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm... Explosives are loud, mine shafts are cold, this job seems horribly under-thought out (the pay or the blackmail must be incedible), and if they're all humans down there, why did they bother bringing him in at all? How is it supposed to be a secret entrance if every seperate team has to set off an explosion at the beginning of it? In no particular order.
There are multiple adjacent mine shafts that can be breached and used as access points to enter the lower portion of Dolvehk. This was strategically thought out, and this is the only way one could enter this civilization with the least amount attention being brought to them.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Guess that's why I'm not the boss then. Seems to me simply picking the shaft with the most access, and spreading everyone out from there, would be less conspicuous. One explosion is less than several, after all.

Regardless, anything more specific?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I guess not, I'm just too confused as to why no-one else is making a character, despite the interest. Also, I can't think of a good, clever title for your thread.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Lizard in sheep's clothing?