What's new

ADV [ sugar star ] Tales of Boinboin / ちちうし物語 RE105810 RJ105810 RPGMaker

Izanagi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: ちちうし物語

First off check if you actually changed your "non unicode program" setting to Japanese.
look like is not only that the problem, i gonna post on tech problems

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

maybe because your OS being set in Spanish ?
try to set it in Japan ...
(I don't think there's any other problem tough)

Izanagi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

maybe because your OS being set in Spanish ?
try to set it in Japan ...
(I don't think there's any other problem tough)
IS setted in japanese, but the problem is with the programthat when i run it with applocate or with my os set in japanese it say error file corrupted, but when i run it without anything it start normally

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

IS setted in japanese, but the problem is with the programthat when i run it with applocate or with my os set in japanese it say error file corrupted, but when i run it without anything it start normally
If you you run with japanese os you should not need applocale in my experience.
But yeah maybe it's something else.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

=3= ...
1. try to reinstall the RPG Maker VX Ace when your OS setting at Japanese ...
probably you install it at Spanish or other language setting with Applocale, thus it will get confused when it get activated ...
2. try to put the game directory with english name instead ...
(this game name is "Tales of Boinboin") :p
3. Try to avoid using Applocale if you could, certain OS or installation might get nasty if you use it somehow ... just change OS setting to Japanese if you want to play any Japanese game (including H games) ...

hqbreaker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Does anyone have a save for 2.07? The other one that is posted is missing like 6 cg (all the way to the right).

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does anyone have a save for 2.07? The other one that is posted is missing like 6 cg (all the way to the right).
here ...
if it's still not complete, just buy item from that vendor (2nd item) and use it ...
it will unlock ALL CG and event ...

darkflip95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can I get a bit of help with using Chiitrans?

I point to the game's location and run the translator but it keeps getting a 'system exception error'.

Is there any english translation patches out there that anybody knows about?

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Literally one page back.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Too bad that this seems to have never gotten a full translation as far as I can tell :(

Areks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, sorry for necroing, can someone reupload the partial? Seems like all the links I've found are dead

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

sorry for the -1 month- necro..

anyone has the partial? all link in this thread, and on the translation thread,, are all dead..

can some one reup?

thank you

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, I've got it archived with the partial still, but... it's v1.02. Krypt seems to have vanished, not sure if he just lost interest, or if he had issues with the site (or someone on it), so not crazy about re-uploading, but I suppose I can if people really need it (not giving links to lurkers though, too much of a risk of having my mega account shut down and needing to re-upload everything again, which gets annoying). It's also for 1.02, so it will probably disable some content/fixes if applied to 2.07, and may not even run at all, so back up your data folder.

Edit: Actually wouldn't mind upgrading to a more current vers if anyone has one, the game amused me.

Last edited:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i need help! what are the starting options! ><

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

sorry for the -1 month- necro..

anyone has the partial? all link in this thread, and on the translation thread,, are all dead..

can some one reup?

thank you
+1

can any one share please? (for 2.07)

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think you guys assuming that George (The player) being a coward in the prologue read the situation wrong. At least the point I assume you're talking about with the monster invasion. You guys should really be translating it, the story is pretty good. My understanding of the prologue story (I use Translation Aggregator that uses translations from like half a different websites, it's nice to piece together difficult story information so it's probably pretty accurate.):

When the monster appears, the girls around the area flee and ask for help and George stands his ground, though he's nervous. Erin shows up and George looks to her and tells her that it's dangerous and she should flee. The monster lunges at George while he's distracted by Erin and Erin jumps in between them and kills it. Erin tells George he shouldn't take his eyes off the enemy in kind of a harsh tone (Telling him he'll be killed if he acts like that) and George admits his mistake, Erin then apologizes for being so rough about it.

I mean we don't know how he would have handled the situation alone, but at least he was looking out for the people around him I believe. The teacher later warns that monsters will try to reproduce with women so they should always try to flee from them.

And yes, Erin is a commoner so she's looked down on by most people at school, though George makes a comment about how the treatment is wrong, (Noticing that even the teacher treats her differently) while people are gossiping about her. When you meet her later in the classroom she tries to address you formally as Sir or Mr, and George says she doesn't need to use those terms/honorifics. She kinda freaks out and says she can't do something like that because it's expected to be used towards a noble. I think he then says something like he can be treated like a commoner because it doesn't matter to him. Then they agree to call eachother by just their names, daww.

The teacher assumes George fought the monster off, even though he tries to correct him, the teacher cuts him off and tells him he doesn't need to be modest. He tells the rest of the class to act like George and George thinks to apologize later to Erin for that misunderstanding. It also seems that Charlotte, at least in the school prologue is your actual fiance from childhood (He says before he understood what the engagement meant). All the packages and letters seem to be from Charlotte (She sure loves to send you girly presents for whatever reason).

Erin and George are the only ones that chose a "practical" skill as their main focus at school with Swordplay/Fencing. The Swordplay teacher is excited to have two students in the unpopular study and starts doing squats haha. The Swordplay teacher tells them that the exercise they're doing is so easy a trainee could complete it, and George gets knocked out in two rounds (I assume there's no way to actually beat the snake). Erin heals you and you work together to beat the snake. George realizes he's weak compared to Erin (As does the Swordplay teacher). He may be happy though that they treat him as George and not the son of a General as usual, as he makes a note of it.

It seems Erin got into the school only because of a recommendation by her swordplay. George says he wants to become strong like her. She trained herself to become a mercenary because the income was good and she was scouted. Her family was poor and she wanted to help them. She almost declined enrollment in the academy because she would lose the mercenary income to support her family, but they told her to do it anyways. George feels ashamed for assuming going to a military college like that was expected. Erin says she has to try her hardest and George says he wants to work hard to not lose to Erin (Because he's often compared to his parents).

The male students pick on Erin for her being a commoner and try to tell her to leave the school because they blame low morale of the students on her. She says she can't do that (Because of her family relying on her). George steps in and helps and she thanks him. George says that she would have done the same thing for him. Later they take her to the bathroom and continue on with the harassment. They tell her she can't fight both of them and she calls them cowards. Then they tell her to undress, claiming their parents are powerful (So they can do what they want to her basically). The boys question what plot Erin has trying to get close to George (A noble) and she claims it's a misunderstanding and she isn't up to anything.

They say if she wants to remain in the school that she has to take off her clothes and... well you know. They then start using her. George doesn't seem to notice what's going on because he's a bit dense/naive (Probably because of his background). Erin comes to him and asks for advice, telling him that she wants to leave because of her problems with some boys (Though she's vague and doesn't explain them). George tries to help her by telling her to hang in there and she feels better. The gang of boys approach her again and this time she's willing to fight back and refuse them but she doesn't have her sword (Later you find out she left it in George's room) so they capture her.

George finds the gang with Erin and after claiming they can treat commoners however they want and asking George if he wants to join in, George yells at them to release her. They laugh at him for trying to think of justice because he's a general's son and George says what his parents do doesn't matter in his decision. Then a gang of monsters shows up (The teacher warned a few days before that there was a fence broken and the students needed to be careful at night). The schoolboys yell at George to come and handle it because he had been practicing swordplay and George tells them to handle it themselves. The schoolboys then run away. George tries to protect Erin who can't move and fails...

After the monsters hurt Erin and flee, she's wondering if she'll die there. She wonders if her family will receive compensation for her death and if George is okay. The K/Night Hawk shows up and heals Erin a bit. I believe she's a sword with a will/soul (A magic/devil sword). She wants to fuse with Erin to save her life. Erin asks if she can help George too but the Night Hawk says the power only works on one person. Erin instructs Night Hawk to help George instead but she says she can't because her powers only work with the sperm of gentleman as energy (Which is why she can work with Erin since she has sperm on her.). The Night Hawk seems to control her body after they fuse together and makes her flee, claiming it'll be troublesome if she's found.

6 Months later when George/you're released from the hospital, he hopes Erin is okay and that she wasn't taken by the monsters. He's upset with himself for not being able to protect her and feels like the time he practiced using a sword and trying to become stronger was useless. He goes to class and asks the teacher who found him what happened to Erin and he tells George that it's assumed she died from the monsters judging by the bloodstains left there. George is seriously upset and later the boys taunt him and tell him that he should have died along with Erin.

George goes to practice and can't stop shaking because he thinks of Erin when he holds a sword. The teacher tells him to go rest because it would be counter productive to continue if he's having a hard time with his guilt over not being able to help. He sends a letter to his dad telling him he wants to leave the school. His father responds by telling him the path to him becoming an officer/general is closed to him because he didn't finish military school and that his engagement with Charlotte will be canceled (Arranged marriage by their houses).

It's explained to the Charlotte side that he dropped out of school because of injury. The Charlotte family shows understanding for it on the grounds of injury and George's father proposes payment consolation for the broken engagement but they want George to pay for it on his own without his parents support. George doesn't have the money and they agree to set dates for him to pay it off. So he becomes in debt to the Charlotte family this way.

George goes into town to find work and manages to work at the item shop (Though the guy knows about his fear of weapons and wonders if it'll be a problem.). Three years pass and he realizes he has no use/ability to use his big garden and needs to go look for work. Charlotte then shows up because she's a new lord of the area or something. She notices that he's different and George comments on how difficult it has been to make money. She says he would have been able to keep working with a sword if he wasn't injured, but he thinks to himself that he's still afraid of weapons because of Erin, even though he's healed.

She asks if the injury made things more difficult and he says he'll pay off the debt, he just needs more time. He questions why she didn't actually set a date for it to be paid off by and (the translations are all confusing for her response) she mentions something about "ties lasting" and "connection basis", maybe because she likes him or they grew up together. She then questions his smoking and he says he needed to escape reality. She says it's a shame he's like a common person now (Saying he's a hopeless/useless human...) and he should wait to escape reality until he's paid his debt to her family. She insults him again for being a good for nothing and the game begins.

Charlotte brings you a cow and says she'll cancel all the debt if you raise the cow well. I'm pretty sure the entire time she's calling the cow useless (Saying she produces bad milk and maybe even that she looks bad. The cowgirl looks angry at this point but remains quiet haha.). At one point I think she may be saying you'll get along well with the cow because you're both useless, but that's only in one of the translations (The rest are too confusing to understand).

So summary: Erin was actually really nice and the main protagonist wasn't a coward (Though he was weak in comparison to Erin). Erin was harassed and threatened into cooperating with the schoolboys against her will. George really seemed to like her and looked up to her strength and Erin seemed to like him as well for sticking up for her and treating her well. Charlotte may like the protagonist (I can't tell yet) but she's certainly a snobby rich girl and not very nice to him (Expecting him to be better/more impressive).

Later on the maid hints that Charlotte may actually worry about him at the first Cow contest (Even though she'll usually be insulting you during most her dialogue). She says Charlotte wanted to come once she found out that George was going (Even though Charlotte will lie and say she's there on business if spoken to, the maid denies that's why they're there.). So she's the token Tsundere it seems.

Alright I think I've tried to translate enough of this for people to be able to understand what happened with Erin haha. I just wanted people who don't translate things to have an idea of Erin and Charlotte. So all that set up why the Protagonist doesn't fight himself and why Erin has the problems that she does (Erin's weapon told her that George was dead I think, so they probably both think the other one died that day and they don't recognize each other).

Some people seemed to think Charlotte was the nice one and Erin was the "bad" choice, but I think it's actually the opposite if you translate the dialogue. Charlotte is kind of the "Rich bitch" so far and Erin was the hard worker from a poor family. At least what I believe the author has been trying to convey with all of this. I feel so bad for Erin...I wanted to clear up the confusion with her because I read multiple people in this thread thinking she's some hussie and fuck that.

Now time to actually play the damn game.
I think has almost all to do with the fact that Erin gets fuck by everything (and without your permission no less). Since this is a wish-fulfillment game, the virgin hunters would see her as "used" and "loose." Of course, the protagonist is your typical harem fag protag who, despite being a pathetic loser, fucks anything that has a pussy but hey, double standards and hypocrisy are what wish-fulfillment is all about, right?

It's ironic cuz if not for this, I imagine almost everybody would aboard the Erin train since she's the overrated as fuck "strong woman" action girl type. Not to mention she would essentially be the "main heroine" of this game if a main heroine had to be chosen.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Wait, was the main-character crippled in the fight in the prologue?

That'd explain why he only has 10hp (compared to the girl's several hundred) and why he gets so exhausted that he has to go to bed after picking up one piece of trash from the floor.
I'd just assumed he was pathetic.

Last edited: