What's new

Summertime Saga

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Summertime Saga was born as an incest game. In DC's mind, the whole game (which was veeeeeeery small compared to what it is now) was around the family member. So the most old and loyal fanbase of the game was of incest-fan. Thtat's why of all the poll for the updates always won the incest option. The aunt, the mom, the sister, the mom of the friend (which had some incest too), the mom revamp, the sister revamp (which will not happen right now) and I bet the aunt revamp would have won for the next .5 poll. I'm no fan of the incest and no fan of mature women, so this game has for me little to none interest at all, for now. When it will be finished (my bet is no less than 2 years from now, and I'm being generous) it will obviously worth a check.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Polished is probably the last word I would use for STS.
Its all relative...in this case I mean polished compared to other Renpy hentai games. STS has a clean interface, high quality artwork, and generally intuitive gameplay. I'm not comparing it to Skyrim.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Its all relative...in this case I mean polished compared to other Renpy hentai games. STS has a clean interface, high quality artwork, and generally intuitive gameplay. I'm not comparing it to Skyrim.
using skyrim as a good example of polishing and all isn't something i would do, since it took massive bug fixes (from the community) to even make it run somewhat smooth, and all the content bethesda scrapped also had to be made up for by enthusiastic fans doing it for free.

So ... yeah, compare it to something with a good reputation or something thats more closely related to the game and engine in particular, other VNs, perhaps.

Keyen

Reputation score
Man, the game lacks some of the most basics features of renpy games. I agree on the artworks, but no, fucking no, it's not intuitive at all. You have to do steps in exact order for a character arc, and these steps are not obvious at all. You will either spend lot of times trying each location at each time of the day, or look for a walkthough. If you forget about something (because you are doing something else at this point), there is no quest log or something to help you. Also, contrary to some game, STS doesn't tell you when the current content with the character is over, so you are also trying for things which can't happen, wasting a lot of your time.

I'm not saying the game is bad, far from it. But it's not polished.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
^ Most of the end-game content consists of MC's dick entering random girl. Also once you get a menu to choose where/how to do said entering, the girl's route is probably completed. And the occasional giant gear telling you it's not in the game yet could help you.

Keyen

Reputation score
The giant gear is occasionnaly here. The glory hole scene at the pool have none, for instance.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
looks like version 0.15 went live a couple days ago, hasn't been anyone checking up on this ? :O

OnyxShadow

Reputation score
looks like version 0.15 went live a couple days ago, hasn't been anyone checking up on this ? :O
I played the new content. Its really good as usual. Mostly its centered on four of the teachers...although there are various other additions including a bit with the principal and her minion Annie.

I hit a game-breaking bug with the mother/daughter, but I've seen that stuff before and was able to load a previous save and salvage the run.

It looks like the crew working on this has been expanded so hopefully the next patch doesn't take quite so long.

ChosenOne

Demon Girl
Reputation score
hello everyone I have this game, and there are patches, and I do not understand where to put them.
can you tell where to put them and what is it for? Thanks
Sorry for my not perfect English.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
^ Be less inquiring and more vague about where/how you're bugged

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
hello everyone I have this game, and there are patches, and I do not understand where to put them.
can you tell where to put them and what is it for? Thanks
Sorry for my not perfect English.
How is anyone supposed to tell you what the patch does, when you don't even tell us what patch you are talking about?

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Summertime Saga was born as an incest game. In DC's mind, the whole game (which was veeeeeeery small compared to what it is now) was around the family member. So the most old and loyal fanbase of the game was of incest-fan. Thtat's why of all the poll for the updates always won the incest option. The aunt, the mom, the sister, the mom of the friend (which had some incest too), the mom revamp, the sister revamp (which will not happen right now) and I bet the aunt revamp would have won for the next .5 poll. I'm no fan of the incest and no fan of mature women, so this game has for me little to none interest at all, for now. When it will be finished (my bet is no less than 2 years from now, and I'm being generous) it will obviously worth a check.
This post made me realize that I dont' even really like any of the characters and I just play it just to play the actual game part of it.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
is there a way to skip the poker scene? Getting frustrating when you can't progress because no matter how good YOU are at poker, Erik being utter shit at it ruins it.

(edit: brute force got past it, was more posting in case there was a way to get by it otherwise, or if the suggestion makes its way up the chain.. like the guitar hero sequences being skippable if you fail them enough times)

Last edited: