What's new

Tentacle Bento (Tentacle Rape Card Game)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Wasn't sure where to put this, but this forum was suggested, so here it is.

is working on a tentacle rape high school themed card game called Tentacle Bento, and it is over 200% funded on Kickstarter. It looks like a fun and quick party game all based around the idea of the 2-4 players acting as tentacle monsters at an all girl's school. It looks like it will have nice anime artstyle and an easy system. You can see a trailer that details the game at the Kickstarter page linked above.

Looks funny/fun, and I can see it being turned into a forum game here, similar to Tentacles vs Humans by BlueSlime. Enjoy!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Bento (Tentacle Rape Card Game)

Unfortunately, it would seem Kickstarter cancelled the project. Working on finding a link to the article(s) mentioned in the comments.

EDIT: Not sure if this is one, but it makes me want to punch someone.

Last edited:
OP
xivvix

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I was worried this might happen, since I only found out about the game via a similarly themed article on :(. It's a good thing we have the morality police to shield us from ourselves. :mad:. Funnily enough, only a week ago the same website ran an article praising an upcoming RPG Maker game that explores sexuality, including deviant sexuality: .

Thankfully though, the developers are moving ahead and starting their own . They seem to already have collected almost half the pledges they had on Kickstarter, so it seems like a sure thing.

I'm thinking of backing it, but at the same time, I've been mulling over how to make my own version of this that would work on this forum ;)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You are comparing a game that's intention was to explore the aspects of sexuality, and how we as humans interact with it... vs simply raping women with tentacles.

You can cry havoc as much as you want, but you have to realize that the majority of the populace finds rape, even in fictional fantasy settings, to not be a good thing. I can easily see why a lot of people would not be happy about a game making light of such a thing. Especially thrust so much into the open.

OP
xivvix

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

I would argue that the innuendo presented in the card game is more a subset of fantasy rape, and not in the same vein as actual rape. It's a small but important difference that actual rape is primarily for the purpose of instilling a feeling of power in the attacker, while fantasy rape generally focuses on the actual pleasure in the act of sex. A lot of fantasy rape puts emphasis on the victim's pleasure rather than the attacker. I would liken it to BDSM with roleplay.

Saying that the art and context of the game is "simply raping women with tentacles" is completely mistaking the sexual nature of the people interested in it.

I would also like to point out that the game I mentioned that has the intention of exploring sexuality may include segments of fantasy rape in it. The creator asked for suggestions about what to include in it and received a lot of deviant sexual responses, one of which was fantasy rape.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Violence has been in video games for decades and has evolved to the point where it has become commonplace, gratuitous violence is everywhere from Gears of War to Diablo 3.

Now look at sexuality in mainstream games, nudity is finally beginning to break through into mainstream, and some sex is as well, but nothing too graphic. eventually, sex in games will be mainstream as well, but that doesn't mean rape is anywhere close.

I think a tentacle card game would be a great idea, ive produced from tentacle based MTG cards myself while i was bored, but i havent put too much thought into it.

im pretty sure anything created like that would be regarded as a weird H-game for perverts like us, but lets face it, the world just isn't ready for tentacle rape in their mainstream games, and who knows if they ever will be.

unlike violence, it is hard to justify rape as anything but a filthy and terrible act performed by twisted individuals, even through tentacle rape is by its very nature absurd and unrealistic, it still involves what is presented as women struggling as they are taken against their will (rape).

OP
xivvix

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

While I agree and understand that fantasy rape will likely never be truly accepted or likely even tolerated in mainstream society, I do not feel that the reaction of outrage and censorship displayed is called for. Especially in a society that is creeping forward ever so slowly towards tolerance.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Especially in a society that is creeping forward ever so slowly towards tolerance.
Keywords: Creeping, slowly.

The fact of the matter is, that while it is simple to divide bdsm, into the "It's ok, because they do it for pleasure" category, it's harder to justify a woman being taken against her will. Granted, what pulled me in about the tentacle fetish was the pleasure the woman is experiencing, but from an outsiders perspective, it is non consensual rape performed by a hideous, disgusting creature.

The closest approximation of what the mainstream feel about it is something along the lines of tying up a girl, then having animals rape her.

Lurker
Reputation score

Violence has been in video games for decades and has evolved to the point where it has become commonplace, gratuitous violence is everywhere from Gears of War to Diablo 3.
I'd just like to point out that that's a shit example. I don't disagree with the point you're trying to make, but those are two examples from the same medium designed for the same audience, and both are rated M for reasons that include violence and gore, which means that they cannot be sold to a minor without an adult's say so.

For your consideration.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yes, thank you for pointing out my shit examples. in the future ill try my best to produce two better examples so that i can avoid your future postings made solely for criticism.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The game sounds awesome although it sounds like I wish it would have more depth & more adult content or at least text.

If delivery to the UK is cheap enough I'll be getting a copy.

Cappy

Reputation score

Rape as comedy has been a common theme in loads of media with very little complaint, I understand that this game is openly appealing with both humour and a touch of erotica, but I believe that the main reason it's opposed is because of it being different.

A large amount of offensive content gets through in media all the time, including racial stereotyping, the occasional bit of propaganda, not to mention bestiality and animal abuse in a few forms. People are sensitive to foreign ideas, and this isn't just offensive, it's also pretty foreign. So that might have some influence.

Not to mention, it seems like the actual theme is cartoonish enough that the "Rape" is more akin to questionable skinship and lighthearted pervertedness than DOMINATE THE WEAK EARTHLINGS' FEMALES AND IMPREGNATE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE!

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

you may have a point that rape can and has been used successfully for comedic purposes and all that. However the problem with allowing such a project would be that you are legitimizing rapes use as such. this then leads to a cascading effect of other projects, often with far less noble goals. it happened with profanity and i dont think rape deserves to be taken so lightly, the common man (as opposed to exceptional men) simply doesn't have the wisdom or perspective to weild such a topic responsibly when not taking it seriously.

Cappy

Reputation score

Well, then perhaps the kickstarter site may have been right to quickly move their actions out of view and back into the hands of the developers. They seem to be doing fine by themselves anyway, and those that find the topic unsightly can stray away, and those that don't can continue to be perverted or politically incorrect at their leisure.

I doubt it's meant to be seen in the light of the actual topic "rape", and I'm sure that if it did it would have been toned in a far more serious light rather than bright pink and girly. This is the realms of fantasy, and if anyone here didn't condone that, I would be rather confused as to how they got to be here in the first place.