What's new

Tentacles VS Humans Game #2

Ardnakandra

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Tentacles VS Humans Game #2

"Aye aye ma'am!" Halley salutes Laura, then goes to keep her friend some company, going to assist her with mantaining the battlesuit, figuring that she might as well learn something. And surely Riley could use a good Irish Coffee, right?

---------------
1 card discarded (PM'd to the GM).
Assist with Powerfist Battlesuit.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No problem Captain. I'll go and get my gear ready."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Lulu raised an eyebrow as she potted the other two on camara, but didn't say a thing. Finding Mina afterwards wasn't too difficult, though she had to crank a hallway speaker fairly loud enough to be heard in the washroom. "She's on her way!" She announced afterwards, disconnecting and going back to stand with the group.

She listened to the division of tasked readily, nodding when her own name came up. "Sure thing Captain!" She said with a smile. "Give me some time, and I could even pull hard drives and bring them back. Enough time, and I can piece together what happened, no problem."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tassadar plays "Some of us must still be human." The card is played in front of him and can be discarded during a Tentacle Attack to count as three discards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TASK RESOLUTION ROLLS:

Powerfist Battlesuit rolls (4 dice): 3, 6, 4, 3
-- 1 Success (1/2)

Research rolls (5 dice): 6, 2, 6, 4, 4
-- 2 Successes (2/3)

Satellite Array rolls (2 dice): 1, 1
-- 0 Successes (0/5)

Lifeboat Shuttle rolls (2 dice): 2, 6
-- 1 Success (1/6)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ENCOUNTER ROLL

5d6 -2d6 = 3d6 for initial roll: 6, 6, 6
-- 3 Successes (3/7 achieved)

Players may now play auto success cards or roll additional dice cards now. You may post the play of these cards publicly in the thread.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Laura, Lau-I mean, Captain! You forgot this!"

Playing Captain's Sidearm : Roll 2d6

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sidearm roll: 4, 4

Two successes: (5/7)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Playing: "Maybe it comes in peace?" : 2 auto successes, needs lucky.)

"It's a boot.... It's a boot..... Tell me it's a boot....... Hey it's a boot!"

(First person to tell me the reference gets a DG post. Assuming you're in DG, of course.)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry Tass, that card is unplayable because Halley is not assigned to this encounter.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Fudge, okay)

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Laura stops for a moment before moving on to feel herself for something she might have left behind, soon noticing that her side holster was empty. She looks back, blinking as Lulu delivers her pistol, and heaves a sigh of relief accompanied by a smile.

"...Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something."
After putting the sidearm away, the captain reaches into her main pack and produces a large pump-action shotgun, which she drops into the petite officer's arms. "Here."

"If possible, I'd like all of us to be well-prepared for any kind of hostile contact on board... if it comes to that," she added.

~~~~~
Shotgun: Roll 3d6

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shotgun Roll: 1, 1, 1 (ahhh, there are the one's....) :(

(5/7 successes)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Aww, not cool...))

"I, um, sure..." Lulu says slowly, carefully taking the shutgun from the captain.

Playing:
"They thawed it out. It woke up. Not in the best of moods." : 1 auto success, no skill req'd

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

("They taught the Egyptians how to build pyramids!" : 1 auto success, needs pilot.)

"That's a strange thought to have right now.... Hey Lulu, make sure you're careful with that!"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

7/7 achieved... unless our malicious Alien player wants to get involved? ;)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(No no, that won't be necessary. You children play nice now)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The team moved quickly through the semi-destroyed corridors of Outpost 31, their weapons up and their eyes wary for any sign of danger. The first discovery was the corpse of a male officer. It looked as if part of his body had been torn away. A discarded pulse rifle lay near his body. 50 yards down the tunnel they saw what he might have been shooting at: a charred body of... something -- part human, and part ropey mass of slagged tentacles. It looked as though it had once been a man. There was a shredded uniform hanging in scorched tatters around what must have been its legs.

Marlisse shoot her head in disgust, clicking on her radio. "Whatever that thing is, we'll need to take it back to the lab and study it."

A slight nod was all she got in response from the captain as the team continued to fan out towards the next level down, working their way to the central control room. More signs of disaster greeted them. The entire station looked as though it had been turned into a war zone.

As Lulu linked herself in to the damaged data storage unit, the others found some disturbing remains in the station's laboratory. A dead woman with a bullet hole cleanly put through her forehead hung from a fleshy mass of what looked to be dead alien tissue. Her limbs had been spread to their extremity and bound within the bulky twisted flesh. She wore no clothes, and her body seemed to have been covered in a glossy, semi-viscous liquid from head to toe. Several tubular tendrils had been inserted deeply into her mouth, anus, and vagina, and her belly appeared abnormally distended.

Just as the women gaped in stunned horror at this, there was another message over the radio, this one from the Muse bridge.

"Hey, we've got a visitor here!" It was Faye's voice. "Gah, it's licking my face!"

"Eww, get it away! I don't like dogs!" Came Mina's high pitched squeal.

"It must be one of the animals meant for surface sled labor. Wonder what it was still doing on the station?" Came Aoru's contemplative voice.

"Likely it was sick and needed treatment at the Stations medical bay," offered the voice of Reiko. "It's a better environment than anything else on New Eden's surface."

Back on the space station, Marlisse hit her intercomm switch. "Get that animal secured. Maria?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it," Maria answered in semi-bored voice.

An hour passed by. The tentacle corpse was loaded up on a power jack and carted back to the Muse, while Lulu had downloaded the ship's video logs onto her internal drive. With a final wary look back at the horrifying corridors, the away team made their way back to their ship and closed the connecting hatch.

------------------------------------
Toxic - do you wish to cause a Tentacle Attack? Do you want to discard a card to try and get an Override the Computer token?

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As the team went on to behold the slew of grotesque sights on board the station, Laura couldn't help but frown--this was basically the last thing she wanted to see. Upon reaching the woman's bizarre corpse, the captain's features widen in shock.

"Looks like the situation here wasn't something that any amount of training could've prepared us for..."

She spends the next few minutes surveying the wreckage, taking a moment to regain her usual composure, before hearing the news over the communicator.
("A dog? When did that get in...?")
Afterwards, she nods to Marlisse, who appears to have beaten her to the proper protocol regarding the animal.

On the way back, Laura muses to herself. "I can't believe there wasn't a single survivor on board... whatever that thing is, it must have been unbelievably dangerous. We need to find a way to let UneCorp know about the incidents here.."

She hits the comm switch. "Reiko, Aoru, Mako... we have something for you to look at."

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Veronica wore a frown and remained silent throughout the mission on the outpost, not even commenting on the sight of the woman who had been raped and executed. The station seemed to be filled with horrors, and every one added another mystery. The pilot knew that she wasn't the one to solve those problems, however, and she loaded the sample onto a power jack and took it back to the muse without complaint. 'A dog? What's a dog doing on a mission like this? Strange.'

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Lulu followed the captain closely, hugging the loaned shotgun to her chest as she stared at the carnage in the halls.

She was more than glad to have to stop at the comms center to pick through what she could of the damaged drives. She copied everything still useable, mostly consisting of some video logs that would need cleanup and sorting through. By the time she had finished with that, the rest of the crew had seen enough, and were on their way back, and she was plenty happy to follow.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The crew returned to the ship and immediately set about their tasks. The stronger lifters helped carry the alien corpse to the medical lab, where Marlisse had it set on the center examination table. Meanwhile Lulu and Mina set about the labor intensive process of decrypting and recovering damaged data from the files Lulu had downloaded from Outpost 31.

Those without immediate jobs were allowed to go eat or go back to their rooms, whatever they felt best. Even Laura retired to her captain's chambers to think.

---

For a time, Marlisse had scooted everyone out of the lab while she got things prepped for examination. She preferred to work alone, having always been more efficient without others getting in her way. She worked quickly, bringing out all her tools, washing her hands, and then following protocol for any autopsy, she used a voice recorder to log her early impressions. She described the monster's height, estimated weight, and bizarre features in as exacting a detail as she could. This took some time.

As she was finishing up her pre-autopsy log, she thought she heard a loud thump coming from the table. Pausing in her monologue, she edged closer to the creature's corpse, concern etched across her brow.

Then again, a louder thump from the creature's chest.

"What is that?" She murmured as she bent closer to the creature to look. Peering closely at the chest, she didn't see the creature's eyes open at the head. Suddenly the chest began to bulge and expand, and with a gasp Marlisse attempted to jump back, only to discover a tentacle wrapped tightly about her midsection. With another gasp she turned to see the open eyes of the burned creature leering at her, as the creature's belly continued to swell.

She opened her mouth to scream, but it was plugged immediately by another tentacle...

---

Mako knocked on the door for a third time.

"Dr. Weaver? Marlisse? Are you in there? Is everything ready?"

Reiko walked up beside the junior biologist.

"What's the hold up? Why is the door locked?"

"I don't know, Dr. Weaver must have locked it out of habit. She does that sometimes..."

"Well here then. I have an override key. She can't keep me from the find of the century."

With a quick swipe of her keycard, the bolts on the door unlocked and the paneling shifted aside to reveal a stunning scene. Marlisse was encased in the unnatural grip of a horrid monster!

"M..Marlisse?" Mako could only mumble as she looked aghast at the helpless doctor, writhing as her belly bulged and the alien seemed to shake as it expelled a huge gout of its seed into the silver haired physician.

Reiko smacked the nearby alarm into its on position. "Emergency in the medical lab! Get everyone down here now!"

---------------

TENTACLE ATTACK EVENT! Marlisse has been infected!