Tentacles VS Humans Game #2

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tentacles VS Humans Game #2

~~~~~
Playing card:
"should be someone a little more even tempered, Faye." : You become the new Captain.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After the tense firefight on the bridge, where Laura had almost been overwhelmed by Reiko's tentacle barrage until at the last moment her flamethrower had worked, the remaining crew gathered around their captain.

"That was good work Lulu, but we need to be a bit more cautious about how we approach possible infected. Just follow my lead, I'll get us through this."

Lauren became the new captain. (Please set crew for current encounter)

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

~~~~~
Selected Team for Next Encounter:
Laura
Veronica
Lulu
Halley

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The four girls finished suiting up, leaving Aoru and Maria behind to look after Riley.

"As soon as we make the distraction, find Mina and get her suited up as well. Then meet us at the cargo bay," Laura said as she shouldered her flamethrower. "Take all the ammunition and weapons you can find. We're going to end this, one way or the other."

Maria and Aoru nodded grimly as they watched them go.

Encounter rolls: (-2 dice for no Mechanic) 2, 5, 3

2/8 successes made.

Are the humans playing any cards on this or letting it slide?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I'm all for letting it slide.)

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Same)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

(Slide is good!)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The four of them made their way to the Airlock preparation room, where the floor, walls, and ceiling had begun to take on the quality of pinkish flesh in several areas. In the middle of the room seemed to be a pile of hastily put together computer parts and metal paneling, likely cannibalized from other parts of the Muse. Each of them could recognize bits and pieces - such as a rudimentory life support system, a basic engine, and a control panel.

"It's no where near done... and all work seems to have stopped on it,"
Halley said, eying briefly before turning her attention on the rest of the room. "Wonder why?"

There was a distant roar from the direction of the cargo bay, and a message crackled over their ear pieces. It was Aoru's voice.

"Captain, we're getting multiple contacts on the ships motion sensors, heading in your direction. They've cut off your route to the bridge. Mina's back with us and we're armed and ready to assist."

"Copy that. Meet us in the cargo bay. Shoot anything that isn't human."
Laura said.

Veronica turned to Halley and answered her question. "It isn't working on it because it's come to the same conclusion that we have. It's either going to kill us, or we're going to kill it."

"Let's go, people!" Laura said, hefting her flamethrower and readying her sidearm at her hip. "We're heading into the nest."

Encounter failed - no penalty.

Next Encounter:

Final Battle: All players draw back to 5 cards.
--Crew: All remaining humans.
--Skills: None req'd
--Target: 3+
--Successes Needed: 6
--After a free Tentacle Monster (no revealing req'd) attacks and is dealt with by meeting the requirements of this encounter, the Alien player MAY, one at a time, reveal an infected NPC and force the remaining PCs to achieve success again. The Alien may choose to not reveal additional infected NPCs, at which point the Alien points one at a time to a PC and asks her to reveal as a Tentacle Monster or not. If the PC reveals, they discard their cards and the remaining PCs must retake the test. Repeat until all PCs have been given the chance to reveal.
--Success: Go on to the "Self Destruc/ Wait for Rescue" event.
--Failure: The Alien wins.

-------------------------------------
Players, please choose what deck you will draw up from.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(Are the humans playing any cards on this or letting it slide?)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I'll draw a card from deck 3.)

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Deck 3 of course)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

(huh, crap, got my cards already. That aside, the past encounter? yes. the current encounter, not sure if we're rolling the encounter or having the tentacle attack first, so dunno which cards to play, myself.)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(How this encounter basically works as I understand it: There are no more tentacle attacks. After we beat this encounter by getting the requisite number of dice, the alien player (Toxic) can point at any NPC that has been exposed and get them to reveal, and if they're a tentacle monster we have to repeat the encounter. He then does the same to each PC with an exposure card (you) and that PC can choose to reveal that they're a tentacle monster and whoever is left has to repeat the encounter.)

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Except he gets a free tentacle attack in there somewhere, from how i read it. at the beginning?))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(He doesn't get a tentacle attack. The initial encounter that we need to beat is a random tentacle monster trying to attack the crew, and revealed crew members are also tentacle monsters. Instead of tentacle attacks which normally represent attacks by tentacle monsters, these battles are treated like encounters.)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Except he gets a free tentacle attack in there somewhere, from how i read it. at the beginning?))
The Final Battle works different. What Tassadar said was correct.

Basically you have to succeed at the encounter, or the Alien wins.

If there's another infected NPC, one of them can be revealed and you'll all have to do the encounter over again. The Alien may continue to reveal new aliens as long as he has them, forcing the crew to continue fighting.

Fortunately for you guys, there aren't any exposed girls at this point, though Toxic gets one more exposure phase right now, so if he pulled an exposure card, he gets to place it.

The Humans will get one final chance to play non combat cards before the final battle gets underway.

To reiterate: there are no more "Tentacle Attacks." Apologies for any awkward wording. Yes, I know I'm bad at this.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hey! Halley! Where are you?"

"Halley?"

"I'm here! I could've sworn... I thought I saw Mako."

"Don't leave the group."

"Right. Sorry."

Halley has been Exposed.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

(( 1) That is really poor wording, yeah. At the very least, even after all these explanations, it suggests that we could roll to defeat normal tentacle attacks. 2) why was Tox asking us to play cards if it was still his exposure phase? 3) how many exposure cards are left, that's twice in a row and we've been getting exposures all game long.

I have nothing available to play beforehand if this isn't a 'Tentacle Attack', fine by me to move along if the other two don't have anything.))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1) It's not that bad. I understood it without asking.

2) Because he was trying to get us to fuck up and give up on the final battle.

3) He can't play any more after this anyway, but there are lots of exposure cards in the two decks.

I've got nothing to play beforehand either.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let's try not to go aggro on the moderator too much. It's not like I haven't been trying to help answer questions when asked, and I feel I've been open enough to not have things flung back in my face.

The Final Battle isn't a Tentacle Attack. It's it's own special thing to appropriately represent the climactic fight between all the Alien's forces brought to bear and the remaining crew. It is an encounter that has to be resolved AT LEAST once. Then resolved AGAIN for each infected NPC that the Alien reveals. Then each exposed PC, if infected, gets a choice of revealing to force another combat, or staying hidden to try and win the game through stealth.

I'm fairly certain Taki is going to play a card. There's no reason for him not to, and it's the final chance he'll get to do so.

So:

Lauren (Taki) plays the Holo Recording, to immediately draw 2 cards. She'll draw from Deck 2 because Deck 3 is exhausted.

EDIT: Also, I added in the pic of Reiko being all Tentacled and evil. It's in the post where she was revealed, at the bottom in spoilers, if you're interested. =)

Last edited: