What's new

Tentative check for interest - Sci-fi survival

Ili

Lurker
Reputation score
Basically, I have ideas that I would normally run by my gamers IRL, but never have either the time or the inclination to. This is one that recently got shelved.

The original concept was set in the 40k universe (under the Dark Heresy system) and did away with most of the classes. There were no psykers(Will deal with that shortly), no adepts, none of that nonsense.

Everyone were guardsmen, using their standard starting gear and the like. Basically, members of the same squad. Their transport fails and is flung out of warpspace towards a planet unmarked on any starmaps. The ship is rapidly failing and so they escape on the same lifeboat, crash-landing on the planet.

Their gear is what they come out with from the lifeboat (so, rations, a few additional ammo packs, etc). Their voxcaster is broken. So their objectives are:

1) Find safety
2) Regroup with other survivors

Problem is, the planet's not exactly friendly (or perhaps too friendly...).

So, in this case we're looking at survival horror set in a modern-futuristic setting or similar depending on thoughts from players. I'm keen to hear thoughts or interest. There are of course NPCs both friendly and hostile, and players can be grouped in teams or solo (indicating a lack of survivors in the drop pod, or maybe they just aren't there when the player wakes up).

So, a tentative display of the game concept in exchange for a tentative display of interest? kgo.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Tentative check for interest - Sci-fi survival

Intrest shown. Dibs on the semi-easy to curropt closet heritic :p