What's new

The Asylum: Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score
"You wake up to find yourself naked in a strange room. Little do you know you are the next test subject in The Asylum..."

Okay, so this is "The Pit 2.0: The Asylum" finally! The game will play nearly identical to The Pit, but I will outline this game that way you can see the major differences. The object of this game is to escape from the infamous Asylum. No one has ever escaped it high walls since it's creation nearly 100 years ago. Rumors of strange sexual experimentation and dangerous creatures surround the complex, are they true? You are about to find out!

Mechanics:

As far as gameplay, the bulk will be the same as from the pit: exploring the area while trying to find the escape. The Asylum features both indoor and outdoor environments, but is smaller than the Pit was in area. What has been built up is a leveling system and a more complex and (I hope) better stat system. There are 5 stats, 5 "modifiers" and 6 levels. The "modifiers" you control directly and are Strength, Constitution, Charisma, Intelligence and Speed. Your 5 base stats are Attack (.5STR+.5SPD), Defense (.5INT+.5SPD), Persuasion (.5INT+.5CHR), Virility (.25STR+.75CON) and [/b]HP[/b] (.75CON+.25CHR).

Combat:
There are three types of combat in The Asylum. Physical, Sexual, and Intellectual. They are outlined below.

Physical combat:
Attack: How hard your physical hits are. Your d10 combat roll + your ATK > than enemy's DEF + d10 defense roll to inflict damage, otherwise an attack will be considered as "blocked." Damage inflicted on the enemy's HP will be the difference between your ATK and the enemy's DEF. If the DEF is Greater than ATK, a default .5 damage will be inflicted.
Defense: How well you can block and take physical damage. Your d10 defense roll + your DEF > enemy's ATK + d10 attack roll. If you fail this roll, your HP will take a hit based off of the difference between your DEF and the enemy's ATK.
If your HP falls to zero, you will be knocked out and assaulted.

Sexual combat:
Based on the situation, your attacker may have the upper hand to attack you sexually. You may also have the opportunity to use sexual based assaults against certain enemies.
Virility: Your "mojo." This has the potential for a devastating attack, but beware, it can easily backfire, especially at the lower levels. Your d6 sex roll + your VIR > enemy's d6 sex roll + enemy's VIR, you will do damage to their VIR equal to the difference between the two numbers. But if your combined number < the enemy's number, your enemy does that damage to you.
If your VIR falls below zero, you are assaulted.

"Intellectual" combat:
This is not true combat, but with a high enough Persuasion, you can talk your way out of certain situations.
Persuasion: Your silver tongue. Your d6 combat roll + your PER > your enemy's roll + the enemy's PER, you will successfully "talk them out" of attacking you. If this fails, you do not get a second chance.

Leveling:
Each enemy has a set number of XP that is directly to their Strength, Constitution, and Perception; therefore it is also indirectly tied to their level. By successfully resolving a battle through any of the three methods outlined above, you will receive their XP. All enemies will be within one level of you with the exception of "boss" enemies, who will be randomly moving at the rate of one square per day. They will be rated two levels above yours. You have a level cap of 6, as do all enemies, including bosses.

Defeat:
If you are defeated in combat, there will be a short scene describing your fate (much like The Pit) followed by a Succumb roll. If your d4 succumb roll + your base VIR > Opp VIR + d6 roll you will continue play. If not, you lose. To continue play, you will awake in a random cell and all of your stats will be halved for 5 turns.

Major Differences between Pit and Asylum:
-Clothes and Weapons will be used merely as flavor text and RPing purposes but will have no bearing on the combat rolls.
-At the end of combat, all stat will return to the pre-battle levels.
-I will only be updating 3-4 time a week so I don't get burnt out again.

...That's all I can think of for now. Please feel free to ask any questions as I am sure I missed something. I'll leave it open for a few days for any discussion and edits as needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.