The Dividing Line - Research Dept.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Experimentation

Well, there doesn't seem to be another connection nearby. After all, the people working in this department didn't want their data to become common knowledge.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Shit. Well, this could be a problem...Not an unexpected one, but still..." Umbral set the cable down. "Now what?"

After a few moments, it seems that Umbral had come up with a plan...After pulling out some tools and scanners, he would start looking around for any extraneous power conduits.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nothing... nothing... well, that looks vital... nothing... AH. Behind a panel in the wall seems to be a non-vital power conduit.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, ha. There it is. After cutting Command out of his transmission area, Viper sends a signal to the others. "Any one near an Engineering console?" Viper takes the time while waiting for a response looking for any identification for exactly which conduit he's looking at.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

True to his word, it doesn't take Draven long to reach Umbrals position. "Alright, what do we have here?"

He's looking over the room, his eyes narrowing slightly.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Viper taps the wall panel in front of him. "Well, this needs to come off at some point. But the conduit behind it also needs to get shut off."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So in other words you need to shut the circuit down and then open it up to get to it's innards. Alrighty, let's see if we can find some sort of marking or something."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Haven't been having much luck IDing it yet..." Viper shrugged. "Probably will have to remove the panel for that, but if there's a chance, I'd rather have the conduit off before we expose it."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven frowns. "I could remove the panel without a problem, but that may not be the best course of action. I'll leave it to you what we do."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral's scanners give him some feedback at last - it seems the power conduit is just a backup line.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Okay...So...Looks like this is just a back-up line. Good. Now, all we have to do is find the controls, and shut it down." Viper begins looking around. "Let's see, I think it should be somewhere nearby."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding, Draven starts looking as well, the idea being two searchers better than one. "Got ya."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Next to the door the two find a maintenance panel. The line can be turned off with but a few clicks.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven motions for Umbral to be ready "Ok this looks like the one we need. I'll shut it down for you."

After a quick nod, he walks over and shuts down the circuit.

"Ok your clear to remove the panel."

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Understood." Viper gets his tools out, then removes the panel. "Okay, there's a cable with one end unattached sitting near the computer. I need that over here, and the connector removed."

He then proceeds to expose the actual wiring on the power conduit. As he works, he begins humming the theme to an old Terran entertainment program.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven removes the connector and then lugs the cable over to him. "Alright, now what?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Viper turns, and takes the end of the cable, then turns back to the exposed conduit, and carefully makes a new connection. "Now, we just need to make a connection between this conduit, and a data feed leading to Command." He then gets up, and heads over to the maintenance controls, keying in a trace on the conduit.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Suddenly Nadia's voice cuts in on Umbral's thoughts. "Hey, just want to check back at you. Going to make the call now and I wanted to know what I should tell the General about what you're doing." Doesn't this take a little long?

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've almost got the connection. Having to MacGyver a so...I mean, I'm having to improvise. There wasn't a connection point to the rest of the station's system, so I've...creatively reassigned a backup power conduit. Will finish the connection shortly." Viper pauses. "Ah, there's what I need."

With that, he runs out, removes a panel just outside the heavy doors, makes a quick splice job, and replaces the panel. "That should do it. You should have access to this area's files now."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A moment of silence, then... "What in the name of a thousand burning suns? What were they doing here? I have folders about advanced robotics, weapons research- Permanent solution, what the fuck? None of these data has shown up in a lab anywhere else. Why didn't they hand this out?"