What's new

The Good Apprentice (GoldGolem)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Evas Status HP = 40, P = 30, EP = 30

Evas trip had been much longer and more difficult than she'd at first imagined, and her feet ached from walking for so long. She kept going down the road to the East, coming from far North and having been forced to take the Western road to avoid the busy traffic and bandits that came with trade season. At least it was wide, and well paved.

She was almost there, only a few miles from Artmirst. If she hurried, she'd be there by nightfall. But first, a rest. A small hut built on the side of the road had a well in it, and a few cots in case travelers needed rest. She heard sounds coming from inside, voices speaking a strange language.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Good Apprentice (GoldGolem)

' What is that language? ' Eva thought to herself as she faced the hut's front door, trying to decide if she should knock on it or not.

The language she heard from the inside of the hut wasn't one she had ever heard. Hearing this odd language made her question if it was a good idea to knock on the door and try to rest inside the hut. Whatever was inside and speaking might not be friendly to humans and may even be dangerous. The again, things like monsters usually didn't stay in road side huts so she was sure the things inside the hut wouldn't attack her and if they could understand her they would let her rest in a cot without protest.

A bit cautiously, Eva walked up to the hut and knocked on the front door a few times, not knocking too loud.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Eva knocks on the door, the voices stop. A moment later, the door swings open, and she finds herself face to chest with a troll. She was surprised by the appearance of the Fey, but she knew that such creatures could be reasonable as long as she didn't offend it somehow.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

Eva almost felt her body shake a bit as the door swung open and a large and intimidating troll came into view. The apprentice took a small step back then began to tilt her head backwards to look at the face of the creature, her eyes showing that she was nervous. The blond girl then spoke up to the creature, her voice sounding a nervous a slightly shaky. " Oh, p-pardon me." she started. " I'm sorry to bother you but... There wouldn't happen to be any room inside for another would there? I've been traveling for a while now and need to rest for a little bit." The blond girls arms kept at her side as she nervously waited for a response.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The troll stares at her as she speaks, its expression unreadable. Once she finishes, the seconds drag on as the troll just continues to stare, and Eva gets progressively more nervous. Suddenly, the powerful Fey starts laughing, and backs into the room, allowing her to enter.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

( Say Tassadar, what do these trolls look like? )

" Thank you. " Eva said as the large troll backed up, giving her enough space to enter the room. It seemed he had understood her and would allow her to enter. This was good, Eva was exhausted and badly needed a safe place to rest. She didn't suspect any funny business was up and it would be safe to enter and rest, although she wondered why the creature had laughed at what she had said. Eva began to enter the room, still feeling nervous.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Big, ugly, grey skinned, with lots of muscles. Big pointy teeth too. And naked.)

As Eva entered the room, she could see several other Fey in the room, along with a tall man with long white hair and a pair of swords at his belt. The other fey included a pair of small, black skinned creatures and a lone gruff dressed in ceremonial robes. None of them did more than glance at her as she entered, but the man turned to her and stared, his golden eyes narrowed. "And you are?"

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

This was somewhat of an odd sight. A big troll along with black skinned creatures and something she couldn't identify dressed in some odd robes were all in one room along with what looked like a human warrior. Were they all together or just separate travelers who were staying inside? Suddenly hearing the man turn to her and speak the apprentice placed her focus on him, finding his gold eyes and white hair to be slightly odd. After he asked his question Eva responded, letting him know who she was. " I-I'm Eva, a traveling warrior. I hope you don't mind if I rest here for a bit. " Before Eva even began to look for a place to sit or lay down she waited for the odd man to give her a response.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Great, more competition. Just what I need. How old are you, seventeen?" The human said, sounding quite irritable. "Do as you see fit." He said, turning back to the robed Fey. "You may do as you see fit, warlock, but I'm not turning over a dozen prizes worth a hundred denarii each for nothing, especially when I fought for my life to get them. I don't care what they're going to be used for when I sell them, nor do I care for your veiled threats. Good day." He says to the gruff, and then stalks out of the hut. As he passes near, she sees a small leather pouch that very faintly glows red. The two small black skinned creatures snicker and chatter to one another as he leaves, and the robed gruff looks at them disapprovingly.

He turns to Eva, and says; "Good day, milady. Rest here as you require, we will offer thee no threat."

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

When the robed warlock spoke to Eva the girl felt a bit of relief, seeing that she was welcomed to stay here. Making a slight bow to the robbed fey, thanking him with the bow, Eva made her way over to a cot that wasn't being used. Taking her claymore, and the strap it was in, off and placing it right next to the cot the girl laid down onto it, letting a small sigh of relief out now that she was finally off of her feet and laying on her back.

Eva laid there for a few minutes, thinking about the odd man and what he had said. What had he and the Warlock been speaking about? What "veiled threats" had the magic user made? After thinking for a bit Eva decided that she should try and question the robbed fey a bit, to see if he knew anything about the rift. The blond girl then got on her side and looked to the warlock, " Excuse me..." Eva started. " Warlock, I'm headed to Artmirst, the place that rift has appeared. Do you know anything about it?" Half the reason Eva had been sent to the rift was to investigate it. Asking a few questions couldn't hurt and might even get her some valuable information.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The warlock lies down on a mat as Eva removes her gear and moves to relax, and seems about to go to sleep when she speaks up. He sits up to answer her questions.

"Ah... You are another hunter, like him. The place is very dangerous, many of the dark ones have come forth from the portal. All of your people that were there are now either gone, or changed. I would advise you to turn back, but mortals rarely listen to us, especially the young ones, so all I will say is that you must stay away from the center of the area which houses the great machines. The portal lies there, guarded by the mightiest of the demons, their lords and knights. If you see any of my brethren, we will most likely be glad to side with you against the demons." He says, and at the last line the troll standing near the door grunts, and laughs menacingly.

The warlock glares at him before turning back to Eva, waiting to see if she had any more questions.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

It seemed things were as bad as she feared. Powerful demons were coming out the rift, ones much more powerful then Eva herself. The girl was still determined to go and do what she could to help, to please her father by learning anything she could. Eva continued to face the warlock, now that he finished speaking she spoke. " Thank you for your information and warning, although regardless of the danger I must go. Ill make sure I don't go to the center alone though. " Eva paused for a moment, then continued speaking to the warlock. " I'm not a hunter like that man. I was sent by a knight of Crolian to investigate and to offer any support I can. Although, It seems this situation is as bad as everyone in my hometown thought it was. I don't think I can do too much to help on my own." Eva wondered if this warlock and his odd monster companions were heading to combat the demons. Would it be a good idea to join forces with them? There is power and safety in numbers and they didn't seem like they would harm her. Eva figured it was worth asking about.

" Are you headed to Artmirst, Warlock? "
Eva asked. " If you are, I could join your forces and offer my help. " Eva wondered if the troll or the chattering black creatures would laugh at her proposal. It seemed they laughed about anything she said...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At Evas offer, the troll burst out into open laughter, though now it seemd to be more mirth than malice. The two small black creatures chirped excitedly at one another, and the goatman warlock seemed to smile at her. "We do go to battle the dark ones, and I don't doubt that a knight of Crolian would be a useful asset to battle the foul creatures, even a knights squire."

The troll speaks up, his voice loud and baritone; "A knight? This one? Bah. I'd squish her in a second, though there are plenty of things I'd much rather do to 'er." He says, though the warlock doesn't seem as irritated at him for this as some of his other comments, and Eva supposes that this is a working relationship they'd had for a long while, and what the troll said was more in jest than honest disrespect. when she looks at the tall Fey, she sees him smiling at her.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

( So... What do the little black things look like? )

Eva felt a bit embarrassed when the troll burst out into laughing and at the sight of amusement on the others faces. She was slightly embarrassed, although they all seemed to laugh and snicker from amusement and not disrespect so Eva didn't take offense to it. When the goatman Warlock said that he didn't doubt that A knights squire would be useful asset in battle Eva felt a small smile form on her face before she started to respond. " Thank you. I- "

Eva stopped speaking when the loud and deep toned troll began to talk, putting her attention on the large and powerful Fey who seemed to have a smile on his face. Eva took the first half of what he said as a jest, although the second half not so much. She really had little doubt he had plenty of things he'd much rather do to her them squish her. Eva thought to respond with a jest of her own, although kept herself from doing so. She heard somewhere that trolls can get offended easily and didn't want to find out if that was true or not.

Responding to the troll with an embarrassed smile and a small and somewhat forced chuckle Eva shifted her attention back on the Warlock, then spoke to him. " Well... If I'm to be apart of thy group may I learn thy name and the name of thy companions? " If Eva was going to travel and fight with these monsters, or whatever they were, she wanted to refer to them by their names instead of " Warlock" or "Troll" or " Little black things". Waiting for what would hopefully be the names these fey Eva rested on her cot.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Humanoid, spindly limbs, and no faces. About 3-4 feet tall. And almost spherical. Basically, black beach balls with arms and legs.)

The troll laughed warmly at her, and said; "We fey have no names, but we often remember those given us by mortal races. That last mortal that was here called me 'Bob,' so you may call me 'Bob' as well. The two dumogi over there were called Gleep and Gloop by a strange human sorcerer once, and they seemed to like the names. And our leader over there was called Domon."

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

Bob, Gleep and Gloop, and Domon. The names were odd, but fitting to the monsters. It seemed Eva had been accepted into their group, which was a good thing. Beyond the fact that they all seemed to be good, they seemed strong. Now she could head out and combat the demons coming from the rift and actually have some backup encase something happened to her. Turning to Bob the troll Eva gave him another smile, this one seeming more warm then embarrassed, and spoke. " It's nice to meet the four of you. Go ahead and wake me when you all decide to head back out. " Saying this to Bob Eva got off of her side and back onto her back. Comfortable, Eva closed her eyes. She could rest for a while and when the others were ready, head out.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bob nods to her, and after a while Eva drifts off to sleep. She is shaken awake a good while later, night having fallen. There was a small fire near the well, and she can see Domon standing over her, shaking her by the shoulder. Seeing that she is awake, he pulls his hand back. "It is time for us to depart, young knight. Prepare your things, we must move closer to the town. If we leave now, we should reach it by dawn." He says.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

The blond girls eyes opened to the sight of the warlock Domon standing over her. Eva let out a soft yawn as she listened to him speak. Sleeping time was over and it was time to move. In response to what the fey said, Eva nodded her head, then proceeded to get up. Lifting one leg slightly up then down onto the floor, the girl got up from her cot. It was then she noticed that there was a fire near the well. As Eva collected her equipment and began putting it on she wondered why exactly there was a fire near the indoor well. Had it been made for heat or something?

Quickly getting her sword strap back on and the leather sack she carried her things in on Eva looked to the robbed fey, who seemed to be the only other one inside, and spoke to him plainly. " I'm ready to go Domon. Umm... How come there is a fire near the well? " Eva didn't care all that much, she was curious.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The fire was needed for a ritual to destroy pieces of corruption gained from defeated monsters. Also, we figured you would appreciate the warmth. Let us be off." He replies, and turns to walk out the door.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

" Alright. " Eva said plainly as she followed Domon out the door, giving the hut one final glance around before looking back ahead. Now, Eva's journey would continue. Now she was under the command of some kind of monster, which was odd but a very good thing. The blond girl couldn't help but think about what lied ahead of her, and her new companions.