Breket, Warleader and First Son of Groumet
Phaeron, Shamanborn and Second Son of Groumet
Roruk the Coward, Third Son of Groumet prefers Roruk the Reasonable
Engren, Warrior and Fourth Son of Groumet
Ingta, Only Daughter of Groumet, twin with Engren
Verein, Great Hunter and Fifth Son of Groumet
Borss the Slovenly, Sixth Son of Groumet

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

(Will get text colors when they fucking earn them D:< )
Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

An odd sense of deja vu washed over Nesak as he drew closer to the gleaming object that had appeared to him in his dream. This place felt familiar, almost like a second home, or perhaps a true home depending on how he felt about his failing tribe's present encampment. The air seemed to crackle, whether with his own nervous tension or some subtle power was hard to say, and as he crouched down he got a better look at the object.

It was a pendant made out of some silvery metal, a chain made out of similar material. There was a white gemstone set into the diamond shaped amulet, and something seemed to swirl within the stone as his fingers drew nearer. Despite lying on the ground in the midst of a swamp, the amulet seemed to be completely clean of the grime one might expect, but as his fingers glanced against it the kobold seized suddenly. His vision went white in a flash, his gaze clouding over and his other senses going numb. A ringing filled his ears, and then there was a crack.... And then he was in a chamber in the depths of a cave, looking down from a set of stones steps onto a circle carved in the very bones of Donevrion that contained a white glowing gem.

The gem, like the one in the amulet, was filled with a mysterious glowing mist that seemed to swirl with no perceptible cause. It was a roughly hewn crystal, jagged and with numerous sharp edges, quite unlike the carefully carved stone his fingers had graced before he had received the vision. The air in the cave seemed to hum with power, a barely contained energy that called to Nesak; he could feel the presence of the god who had chosen him so acutely here that it was like a physical entity, like he was face to face with Sadim himself.

Unfortunately for Nesak, the euphoria was all too brief, for he could only bask in it for a moment and perhaps observe the pale glow cast upon the yellow and white stone from which the cave had been formed before his vision retreated. He wound at impossible speed through blackened corridors, lined with defenses to protect the chamber that he had observed, and then zoomed out into the open air. The entrance to the cave was on the cliff face of a massive mountain face, in the eye socket of what looked like the head of a snarling wolf or wolfir viewed from the angle from which he now perceived it. The sun was setting behind it, casting a striking fiery glow across the surface of the stone that made the wolf-head mountain appear golden.

Then he was flying, zooming across a stretch of dense jungle that rolled up and down beneath his gaze. A series of massive lakes interconnected by countless rivers, the stretches of land among them like an archipelago as the miniature sea stretched out below him. Then more forests, sparser than any he had ever seen, before a massive dip let out into dense plains covered in grasses taller than he was by twice or more. Great beasts stomped across the land below, flattening some stretches of golden and crimson and viridian but devouring others while other beasts stalked them from the cover of the grasses. This at least Nesak had heard of; the great plains, far to the Northwest, where the gargantuans still roamed and even the wolfir could no claim dominion over the lands. Then came more familiar looking stretches of woodlands, including a pause over a great encampment of wolfir bearing a black banner, and then swamps that were all too familiar... And then Nesak was looking down at himself... And then he was crouched down, in his own body once more, the amulet's chain looped through his fingers and the gem-bearing locket resting in his palm.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Never King (dragoon93041)

Nesak had mixed feelings about home... but after all, he intended to come home with the power to save them all. He was never going to abandon them. He clutched the amulet with these mixed feelings, experiencing the vision of the grand undertaking before him. The lands were far beyond anything he had ever expected to travel. The edges of his map were quite close indeed but he had his instructions and at least his god had given him very clear directions. The journey would be long but Nesak believed that his divine quest would be successful as long as he had faith. He placed the pendant around his neck, tucking it inside his clothes where it would be safe from harm and protected by errant splashing of mud. There would be many questions but he was not going to hide a gift given to him by Sadim.

He couldn't just abandon his people at this moment. After this task, he would find a good time to slip away. He remounted his pawn and gave it instructions to return to the camp. In his mind, he began to design another creature that he could build with his abilities, one that would be more suited to riding over the vast distances he would have to overcome. A Knight, perhaps? He had seen horses long ago, some travelers through the swamp had them. Mmmm... the animals he had seen had had a lot of trouble getting through it, though. Fortunately, his creations would be tireless. But... was that the best way of doing things? What if... his creation could fly like a bird? He'd have to find a gap, the trees and branches would stop him from getting skyward from just anywhere but if he could manage it, he could cover distances much more rapidly.

By now Nesak was barely paying any attention to his surroundings, leaving his pawn to retrace their steps. Occasionally he would glance up when he noticed the pawn was going to right way but he had learned enough swampcraft to keep them in the right direction. What he was focused on, though, was the future, not the past, not the present, but a glorious future where he could finally fulfill the dreams he had had ever since he was a child.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 77/95, Status = Fine

Pawn: 40 Body, 10 Mind, 35 Speed

NPCs
Groumet, Chieftain of the Goldbloods
Reyna, Wife of the Chieftain

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

Nesak was so distracted by his thoughts on where his divine quest would take him and how he would make such a journey, that he didn't notice the figure that had slipped into his path until his pawn suddenly came to a halt. He most certainly wasn't back in camp yet, and a glance around would reveal that someone - or perhaps more accurately something - had gotten into his path.

It was unmistakably one of the formori, but it was fairly unlike any that he had seen before. While many of the londorian invaders possessed amphibian-like qualities to their appearance, this one had only the barest traces of such and was otherwise no less humanoid than he was. It was a female, not much taller than he were she standing by his estimation, with a short bob of messy dark green hair atop her head, some of which got in the way of her large, pitch black eyes. She was crouched so deep that her bottom was practically touching the ground, her slightly webbed hands planted together in front of her. They had pale green skin that seemed slightly moist, and wore only a loincloth and a top that had only a single strap hanging over her left shoulder to conceal her modest breasts, leaving her muscular thighs and toned midriff entirely bare.

The formori girl was staring at Nesak as he rode on his conjured Pawn, eyes alight with easily legible confusion, and as he noticed her she tilted her head slightly to one side. "Wassat yer ridin on?" She asked, her voice high pitched and brash as she eyed his conjured mount.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This was entirely unexpected. Before now, all the formori had been only one step away from a toad or some kind of reptile. They had always looked like they had just decided to grow legs and start moving around like a human. But this one... this was like an additional step, where the creature decided to become even more human. Unfortunately, most of Nesak's brain had been dedicated to the task of processing his quest so he wasn't quite on the draw here. His confusion and disorientation led him to speak the truth "T-this is my pawn. I cr-" Then he managed to shut his mouth. What was he doing, telling anything to the enemy?

One had found him. Were there more around? He had to run but he couldn't just flee. The creature in front of him represented a great unknown. There could be a whole contingent. This girl(?) could be part of reinforcements and if he just ran off, he could get lost or run into more intimidating formori. For now, he had to be careful. Maybe if he was clever, he could even capture this one. They could get information from her. But for now, he would pretend to continue the conversation. She might even slip up, giving information by mistake. "Yes, my pawn. I crafted him and a mage brought him to life. Umm... who are you and what are you doing here?" Master of wordplay, Nesak.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 77/95, Status = Fine

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

Mysterious Frog Girl

"A wizard enchanted it? But... If a wizard gave it life, would it be the wizard's pawn? Or would it be its own pawn.... Does that make sense?" The formori female asked curiously, seemingly confusing herself in the process of trying to understand Nesak's explanation. So confused was she, that for a few moments she peered at him and the construct that he was riding with a puzzled expression without apparently realizing he'd asked questions.

"My name's Bihl!" She said brightly, cocking her head to the other side. Her tongue slipped out, unnaturally long, and snatched a fat moth out of the air. She chewed it with an audible crunch, and after swallowing she continued; "I am looking for a home. My tribe kicked me out... They said I was bad because I didn't want to hurt people. What's your name, and what are you doing out here?"

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nesak off guard by both the statements "Oh, no, it's just called a Pawn, it... wait, what?" He gathered his thoughts again "My name is Nesak. I'm on a... er... quest. Okay, so, uh... Bihl, you were kicked out because of that, which, I guess isn't great, but, you... um... do you know who your tribe is fighting?" Really, a pacifist formori? Nesak didn't think the formori they were fighting could even do that. He had heard stories that there might be smarter, stronger versions of the formori, had even believed them. Bihl's existence proved that there were different versions. Aghhh... confusing.

Nesak decided to focus his searching on Bihl, since there didn't seem to be anyone ready to jump him. The first talent he had discovered, long ago, was the ability to learn about things just by letting his mind open to his power. He now used that talent to learn more about Bihl. It wasn't a powerful ability but it did give him information and he had since found out that information could be incredibly powerful. He wasn't the best at using it, there were beings who could use information to completely disarm their opponents, but it gave him the edge that he needed. And if the situation changed, he'd be able to customize his offensive power in such a way as to make it better at capturing the girl.

Using Analyze on Bihl.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 75/95, Status = Fine

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

Mysterious Frog Girl Bihl

"Weird things," Bihl answered off-hand, "like you, gold people... But wear masks and paint and stuff, and no clothes. Some big, scary, and hard to kill. It doesn't seem to accomplished much, but we just kept on attacking each other... After a while I thought, maybe it's better if we just leave each other alone. No one listens to Bihl though... They just want to keep fighting. Other tribes are fighting different gold people too, so I just went off on my own to find someplace where no one wants to hurt each other! Maybe I'll make a new tribe... What is your quest for?"

Nesak's perceptions widened in the meantime, his mind encompassing the strange formori girl who seemed totally unaware of his intrusive gaze. Very few among the formori possessed magical power of any kind, and this one seemed to be cut from the usual cloth in that regard. Being a purely mortal creature, no particular sort of magic was more or less effective than any other; Bihl would die as easily from a bolt of lightning as she would from being incinerated, or frozen solid, or have any other horrific thing of which sorcerers were capable of inflicting upon their enemies. Most formori were extremely resistant to poisons and Bihl was seemingly no exception to that rule as well, but as was generally the case with those who lacked the discipline necessary to wield their own essence as a weapon, she would naturally be susceptible to forceful magical manipulation. Unfortunately, Nesak was capable of no such thing, at least for the moment.

Physically, she was a fairly impressive specimen. Extremely limber, healthy, free of notable parasites or disease, and with a healthy athletic build that was likely a result of her survivalist lifestyle. She had seemingly suffered numerous injuries already, ranging from cuts to broken bones to bruising, but all had healed cleanly leaving only the most minor of shadows behind. As was often the case with the female specimens, Bihl was exceptionally fertile, her uterus ringed by egg sacks capable of producing up to a dozen viable eggs should she find a mate, though so far she seemed to have avoiding adding to the numbers of any nearby formori tribes in such a manner.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I'm trying to save my tribe from extinction." Nesak had an idea. Should he really go back? If he just disappeared it might be hard for those who cared but it would certainly be easier to leave. If he ended up returning home, he would face harsh opposition. They might even take the artifact away from him, hoping to dissuade him. Or worse, destroy it. A scene passed before Nesak's eyes of him being held back as his father smashed it in front of him, claiming it was for his own good and he shivered. He didn't have the gift of foresight like his brother but he could see that happening all too easily, especially if his brother had found out he had left the camp.

He toyed with the amulet as he absorbed the information about Bihl and began to form an idea. This... girl was simple and as naïve as she could be. Her tribe probably expected her to run into a kobold or other creature and be slaughtered. But could she be put to use? It was dangerous to be by yourself, even if Nesak could summon more servants if necessary. And if things got tricky, he could simply abandon her. He cleared his throat "Bihl, maybe we could help each other. My tribe doesn't like me much either but I still want to save them. I need to travel to somewhere far away. We could travel together. What do you say?" It was actually somewhat fortunate she had surprised him so much. He hadn't said, or done, most of the things he usually did when he encountered a formori (melt it with acid). He climbed down from his pawn and held out a hand to Bihl.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

Bihl cocked her head and blinked, one eye at a time. "That sounds important," Bihl said, and though it was somewhat hard to say given her strange mannerisms she seemed impressed. Obviously she was not privy to his mental battle over how to proceed, the risk that his tribe would refuse him his quest and even seek to prevent it entirely all too real given recent events, but when he climbed down and offered her his hand she gave him a curious look and hesitated.

"You need to save your tribe... By going far away? That doesn't make sense to me... But then, I don't know everything. You want Bihl's help though? Hmmm... Welllll...." She tilted her head again, before reaching out her hand to grasp Nesak's and shake it, "mmmmmkay. Will help Nesak go far away to save tribe, if Nesak help me find good tribe, or make new one if no good tribes to be found!" She released his hand, but then tilted her head again curiously, "so... Where is Nesak going anyway? Or.... I guess where are WE going now?"

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, that was easier than... no actually, that was as easy as he thought it'd be. But she was just... off. It was kind of hard to read her. He'd have to be careful. It wouldn't do to underestimate her. "Alright, sure, I can help you look for a good tribe. And if we can't find one, I'll... err... help you make one, sure." He wasn't too sure what that would entail. Would he need to find another formori like Bihl? That would be a monumental task. He was pretty sure she was unique, at least around here. The formori had to come from somewhere and maybe in their mucky lands, there were others like Bihl. Ones that were intelligent enough to wish for peace but would be naïve enough to travel with an enemy like this.

As for their destination... actually. Nesak tried to play the scene through his head and found that the clear vision he had been given had become more fuzzy even in this short of time. He knew that he needed to head for lands of the wolf-people though. What were the creatures he had seen? Gargantuans? Right, so that meant... "We need to head North-West. My vision showed me wolfir gathered under a black banner in that direction, though, so we'll need to be careful. Have you ever dealt with the wolf-people?" Now that he was thinking about it, Nesak had had very limited direct interactions with the wolfir to the number of zero. At least he could speak their language, thanks to being a faerie.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPCs
Breket, Warleader and First Son of Groumet going to be mad at Nesak

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

The wolfir dominated most of Arlos, controlling woodlands and valleys and hills and plains alike, but he would remember that the vision had taken him through areas populated by the gargantuan beasts that wandered the great plains, which were distinctly to the North and West. "Okay," Bihl replied in response to Nesak's decision on their direction, apparently having no concerns as to where they were going exactly and merely falling into pace beside him. She hopped along after him as he remounted his pawn and they started off into the night, moving from section of solid ground to solid ground among the swampy region while his pawn wandered through it on stilts with just as much ease.

They made good time together, but after a while she hopped up onto the pawn behind him and settled, nestling against his back. "Warm," she murmured, wrapping her arms around his waist and seemingly settling in to fall asleep. How long he would go through the night was up to him; he could easily guide the pawn through the swamp for days, though doing so would be exhausting even to one of superhuman stamina. There were dangers at night and during the day to worry about, not the least of which were more formori, and it was hard to say if it would even really be any safer to travel in daylight, at least until they made it out of the swamps.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nesak resisted flinging Bihl off of his Pawn. Patience. Patience. It would do no good to alienate her before she had had a chance to do something of value for him. He took his mind off the... girl holding on to him and focused on their travel plan. He would have preferred to move at night. He wasn't looking for Formori or Wolfir or even a place, he was just passing through and it would be easier to avoid contact at night. But he just wasn't that sure of his ability to keep moving in the correct direction.

When it came to sleep... Nesak eventually decided that they should have proper rest. He ached to move forward at full speed and damn the repercussions but that kind of bull-headed thinking would lead to his death and then the extinction of his tribe. He was their only chance and he wasn't going to waste it. He needed proper sleep to regain his energies anyway. He had spent a decent amount this day, animating the different Pawns and needed to gather his spiritual power. On the other hand, the swamp was probably the most dangerous place he could be at the moment. He wrestled with the two mutually exclusive ideas for a while before deciding they needed to be out of the swamp NOW. He would attempt to martial his energies and keep the Pawn moving until they got out of the muck and find a place they could sleep on the ground without the good chance of being eaten in the middle of the night. As they went, to keep himself awake he decided to inspect the amulet with the same power he had used on Bihl.

Also using Analyze on the amulet for 0 EP

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

The amulet was an enigma the defied easy explanation; there was plainly magic about it, but it wasn't of any recognizable type or possessing any clear purpose. It seemed more like coalesced residual magic than the designed and structured energies he might expect from a proper enchantment. His own people rarely had the resources to make major enchantments, but sometimes they could use simple workings - or barter with wolfir or the greater fae - to create minor artifacts. Groumet had an enchanted helmet made from the shed pelt of a gargantuan that protected him, for instance, and both Breket and Verein possessed enchanted spears. Whatever powers it had or once had, the amulet he had retrieved was apparently inert... For the moment. What might cause it to reveal any remaining powers that it possessed was impossible for Nesak to tell.

Examining the odd piece of jewelry proved only a brief distraction, however, on what would turn out to be a fairly long journey. Some creatures hunted only at night, but few of those dwelt in the treacherous bogs that his people called home. The great serpents, the crocodilians, the giant frogs and the numerous predatory plants and overgrown insects all preferred to hunt during the daylight hours, and the creatures that hunted at night out in the great forests were seldom found in the swamps, where a single misstep could lead to a most unpleasant demise. That meant that the real dangers were running into formori, or into a patrol of Nesak's own people from another tribe... Which, fortunately, did not happen that night.

The pawn continued on through the night, plodding on stilt-legs through the swamp with ease, while Nesak guided it and Bihl slept comfortably upon its back. The sun was risen by the time Bihl was waking up, and by that point Nesak's pawn was beginning to run out of energy. The formori stretched, yawning, and then shifted with impressive agility from sitting to crouching while rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Mmm... We're still moving? Didn't you sleep? Should have woken me up... I'd have taken a turn if I'd have known we'd be going all night," she said sleepily. Being fully mortal, the formori needed to sleep far more than even a lowly kobold like Nesak. "How do you even drive this thing anyway?"

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Events were unfolding neatly. Maybe even now Sadim was helping him avoid any distractions or threats. Well, except for Bihl. The night had given him a long time to think about the frog-girl. Sadim had never made his position on different races clear. Perhaps, as a god, he saw beings without their mortal trappings. I mean, Bihl had helped already. Her appearance had caused him to rethink his plans and decided on the correct course. So was she a tool of the spirit? Had she completed her goal in the spirit's eyes? Or did he have more in plan for her than a simple correction of course? Nesak would have to let time answer it. Perhaps when he gained the second part of the amulet he would have a chance to speak to Sadim at length.

When sunlight returned, Nesak was ready for it. He didn't really like moving through the darkness and directing the pawn would be easier now that he could see better. He had had to stop more than once on the trail the night before, just to reorient himself. And he would have to rest soon. He may have been a kobold and kobolds were faeries but they were still the least powerful and he didn't have the inner strength to keep it up for too long. He remembered that once Verein stayed up for three days straight, following a trail to rescue a kobold that had been kidnapped by the formori but Nesak would need his wits about him and that required sleep.

As the pawn's energy flagged, Nesak fed more into it, keeping it active. He was yawning when Bihl began speaking. "Ahhh... what? Oh no, it's fine. I don't need as much sleep as fuc- ahem, as your kind." He didn't have quite the grip on his words he had had the previous night. "As for driving... I just steer it. I can give it verbal commands too." He also could give it telepathic commands but he didn't feel the need to let Bihl know. She may have been non-threatening but she was still a formori and Nesak could end up needing a trump card. After a bit he decided to get off the Pawn. He stretched his legs and pulled out some rations to chow down. He noted that he didn't have much left. He offered some to Bihl rather stiffly. It would be pretty awkward if he ate and didn't offer any, even if she was one of the formori. "Bihl, how good are you at hunting? I don't have much left after this and... well... there won't be quite as many bugs outside the swamp. I can gather my own food... probably, although I'll need to rest soon."

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 69/95, Status = Fine

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

Bihl hopped off when he did, dropping to a crouch as she had before. She tilted her head curiously as he drew out some rations and began to eat, though she quickly followed suit from a small pack attached to a leather strap tied around her waist. His own people tended to prefer roots, berries, dried fruit, fish, or salted meats when making their traveling foods, but they often took formori supplies when they raided their nests. Ground up insects, dried kelp, bottom feeding fish and crustaceans, and an odd paste-like substance made from wild growing grains were their most common dishes.

"Well, I've been feeding myself just fine for a while now," she replied, "so I should be fine!" Despite what she'd said, the formori girl seemed less than fully certain after he mentioned leaving the swamps. "I'm sure I'll be fine. We resting here? I can go look for more food while you sleep!"

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Sleep..." He looked back towards the swamp. He badly wanted to rest but he was still worried. He couldn't imagine how angry Breket might be. His brother could have sent someone to drag him back. Of course, if Nesak didn't calm himself, he'd spend the rest of his journey looking over his shoulder. He gave it some more thought before nodding. "I'll take a half rest- 4 hours. I'd be... grateful for whatever supplies you could find during that time. I'll set the Pawn to keep watch but it wasn't meant for that kind of activity. Just don't spook it.." Nesak gave instructions for the pawn to keep watch the act against any hostile force and wake Nesak when either it was forced to take action or four hours had passed. If it can't count time like that without a measure, he'd give instructions based on the height of the sun. Nesak would look for a dry spot to rest before giving in to his body's requests for sleep.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 95/95, Status = Fine

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

With Nesak settling in to sleep, Bihl would hop off, darting deftly through the swamps while the kobold took what rest he could. His sleep would, fortunately, go undisturbed, and when he awoke Bihl was back with a collection of roots and berries in a leather satchel that she hadn't had before. Nesak, at that point, was free to figure out how he would like to continue on towards his goal.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Firstly, Nesak used his powers to check the food to make sure it was edible and hadn't been poisoned. It didn't seem like Bihl had done anything during his rest but there wasn't any point in being careless. While he did so, he talked to the frog girl. His rest had helped him make up his mind about Bihl. "Alright Bihl, I am going to be leaving the swamp soon. If you want to stay here, I'm not going to stop you. I'll even try and find you once I come back but I don't know when that will be. On the other hand, you are free to come with me. If we find any kind of clue of something that could help you start a new tribe, we can take a look as long as it doesn't take too long."

After he finished eating, he got ready to move. "There's room on the Pawn for both of us." He reenergized the Pawn and got seated, ready to get riding. He was eager to escape the swamp, with all of its dangers, but he actually had no idea what the rest of the world was really like. He had heard stories but there was no way for him to know about all the little details that would likely influence his travels, probably making it more difficult.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nesak: HP = 43, PP = 44, EP = 91/95, Status = Fine

NPCs

Derng, Chieftain's Guard

Gors
Fink
Negglen
Shrund
Krog
Nelsa
Reyng
Delsim
Aandloo

"Bah, why would I stop hanging out with you already? We only just met? I don't care if we leave the swamp, it'll be nice to get a change of scenery!" Bihl replied after Nesak's powers had determined that she had, in fact, not opted to poison the foods she had scavenged.

With their course set, Bihl would climb up onto the Pawn's back after Nesak, and the odd pair would set off once more. North, West, and Northwest when the winding paths through the swamps allowed them to travel easily, as even the stilt-legged Pawn couldn't navigate all of the swamp's treacherous reaches. As they traveled, the lands changed slightly, and they saw the vegetation begin to change. Bihl would pick off the occasional butterfly or dragonfly that flitted among the varying flora, but the ground became more and more solid and the trees both taller and more numerous as the day headed towards an end.

They encountered nothing that slowed their travels that day, and Bihl took regular opportunities to walk alongside the Pawn rather than ride it so as to stretch her legs. The fortune in that they encountered no dangers didn't end as night began to fall, but now the terrain was much more like a forest than a swamp. None of his tribe had apparently followed him after he had vanished from their war party, or if they had they hadn't caught up yet.

"Mmm... Gettin tired.... You want to find someplace to rest?" Bihl said, "or are you gonna keep goin all night again? " The trees were thicker here, but the orange rays coming through the canopy definitely signaled that the day was coming to an end. They came upon a glade only a short while later, a clearing in which a section of bright gold flowers bloomed, and from it Nesak could see a rocky hill a short distance off to the East, which looked from an angle like a perched eagle.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As they traveled, Nesak felt a bit of dissonance take hold of him. While he detested the swamp, it had been his world for his entire life. He had wished to see the forests, where his tribe had come from, but only had stories to inform him of what he was missing. He feared the unknown as much as any other kobold. He wasn't the only one feeling this, he knew. Bihl had also shown some hesitation. But he couldn't let this stop him. He had a quest to complete. He tried not to let his feelings show. Who knows what Bihl might do if she saw him looking weak. Instead, he stayed alert, attempting to focus outward instead of losing himself in his thoughts.

He walked far less than Bihl, though he did when the ground was firmer. As time went on, he found himself walking more and more. A good sign. They were making progress. When Bihl asked about taking a rest, he scratched his chin. Although his brother was probably furious with him, he doubted he had been followed this far. Too much work to find someone who did not want to be found. And they had the tribe to protect.

He gestured towards the rocky hill. "We will nes- ahem rest over there." He shook his head. Too much thinking. "We'll see if there's anything we can use to serve as a camp. I can help this time." And help he would. He kept the Pawn at the area where they were setting up camp and went to find things that would be useful as well as food. He wasn't a hunter or a gatherer but he had been taught the basics.

Last edited: