What's new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread New version

Well, this is veering off hilarity/insanity course...

Edit: found a good one, from a while back:
Countdown from 1,000,000...5th April 2017 14:16___Never masturbated in my life.

Too much info XD

Last edited:

Eh 's hillarious to me, I'm literally playing an arch-angel in a roleplay right now, buuut happy to stop if I bug people with bla blas.

Also, amused how the reputation thingie more or less turned into pron sharing exercises.

All scientific theories are proven, else they don't even become theories but stay hypotheses, do understand how something even works before babbling about it. The common language term 'theory' doesn't mean what 'scientific theory' means.

This. I'm not weighing in on the argument as a whole but we really need to remember this.

Also, I got negrepped because my avatar isn't sexy enough.

Scientology (sp?), Raëlism and the likes?

^ I think that's what Slicer think you're a part of.

I hadn't even heard of Raelism and I must say

And they got levels? Neat. Still absurdist here.

I think these are also really interesting sociologically viewing:

Also, I got negrepped because my avatar isn't sexy enough.

's fair though.

What says "God" isn't (/ can't be) science minded anyway?

Possible, but if, he is which I guess I could respect...

maybe someone should make a "The Religions Hilarity/Insanity thread" ?

Seen it on other websites, either it devolves, or theres strict rules, neither sounds fun in the long run.

Avoiding every point I make and ascribing faith to me?

Right over your head eh? I'll spell it out, your god is science and you defend it just like any other fanatic.

Points? You made no relevant points. But for fun we'll take a look back at your nonsense and respond to it:

No, the least plausible would be an allmighty yet intangible supernatural force. I explained why in my prior post.

You're just flinging poop here, there's not enough data to come to any conclusion on the likely-hood of any of the possibilities and you know it. Even though a magical bearded guy doesn't seem highly plausible, because they lack supporting evidence all the other claims are in pretty much the same situation.

We know we exist, we know we sent out life into the universe, we needn't be the first with that idea. I don't subscribe to that theory, but its still more likely than a religious approach, with a 100% proof ratio.. one evidence of life reaching out vs zero of a deity reaching out.

More poop. Nobody knows if that spattering of organic mass will survive the rigors of space-travel, or atmospheric entry and it doesn't really count if it doesn't make the trip now does it?

Ah, the old 'Hah, you can't completely disprove it!' arguing tactic.. yeah, true, but with every scientific discovery the gaps in which god could hide get smaller and smaller, until its no more 'This lightning is caused by Zeus!' but 'Well god could hide.. over there! Aha! Origin of life, who has really been alive to see that! Check-mate!'

Ah, the old 'Hah, I'm going to say that your argument is trite' arguing tactic. At least mine's the OG and not some condescending knockoff. I don't give a fuck where god 'hides', if you can't even prove that he's not the one who ate the last cookie then you don't get to be a dick to people who do believe in him/it/her/whatthefuckever. Come back when you can and I'll personally issue you your shit-talking license.

All scientific theories are proven, else they don't even become theories but stay hypotheses, do understand how something even works before babbling about it. The common language term 'theory' doesn't mean what 'scientific theory' means.

This isn't a scientific journal, or even a science based forum, expecting me to use the jargon associated with such is akin to expecting me to read a post written in Farsi. Do note, that even now that I know HOW you want that word used, I won't be doing it.

Chill Slicer, no ones gonna hurt ya.

No, the least plausible would be an allmighty yet intangible supernatural force. I explained why in my prior post. We know we exist, we know we sent out life into the universe, we needn't be the first with that idea. I don't subscribe to that theory, but its still more likely than a religious approach, with a 100% proof ratio.. one evidence of life reaching out vs zero of a deity reaching out.

Ah, the old 'Hah, you can't completely disprove it!' arguing tactic.. yeah, true, but with every scientific discovery the gaps in which god could hide get smaller and smaller, until its no more 'This lightning is caused by Zeus!' but 'Well god could hide.. over there! Aha! Origin of life, who has really been alive to see that! Check-mate!'

Didn't god show up in the monster girl quest games?
And then got killed and/or raped?

Didn't god show up in the monster girl quest games?
And then got killed and/or raped?

Ha. Got raped. Good one. Only males get raped in MGQ. Mostly Luka.
She does die though. Tragic. But that's the fate of all gods in JRPGs. If Final Fantasy has taught me anything, it's that religion is evil and all gods must die.

Hey, everybody. We sharing more rep and por... Oh...
11218_80458-Im-Out-Leslie-Nielsen-Airplane-6Zf5.gif

What an adventure! I should rename myself into The Joy cuz that's what i feel as soon as i open the rep collection. :rolleyes:

The amount of neutral rep makes me kurwa.

Just gonna clarify that not all theories are proven, but the phenomenon they explain are. It goes, "This thing definitely exists, and all current data points to this as the explanation." Could that explanation be wrong? Yeah, many theories have been superseded by other theories. Did the thing they were explaining stop existing or functioning the same way? No. Personality still exists even if it's not connected to the shape of our heads. The atom still exists even if the Bohr Model ended up not being accurate. Gravity still exists even if Newton thought their periapsis was fixed, which it isn't. Evolution still exists even if lifetime characteristics weren't what was inherited.

Well that just sounds like something that someone with a prominent skull top would say.

Just gonna clarify that not all theories are proven, but the phenomenon they explain are.

Only insofar as your senses can be trusted.

I did a bit of research on superseded theories before

Only insofar as your senses can be trusted.

Oh hello Descartes, you're looking rather arachnoid today.

It is true enough
You can't trust your own senses to detect radio, yet we know radio exists and we use it.
There could be a lot more out there, but we'll need to find it first. So fund science and lets find it all

And the theory of gravity is still very shaky right now as far as I know. We still don't know exactly how it works. best guess so far is that really heavy things like planets just sort of attract matter, but no idea how exactly.

Can we all just agree that this is the matrix

Not to that guy, but there's like a thousand gods. How do you know which one is real? You don't thus my it's called belief (be lied). Not saying nothing is out there, but you can't sway a person without facts. Belief is the absence of pure evidence. It's okay to believe but it isn't ok to force the religion in someone's thought and say that "You should learn this or your going to hell.".

Also how can one heaven fit the criteria of another person's heaven? News Flash that's impossible based on the bible stated with the angels and such. If that's what you call heaven, then go right ahead but that's not my heaven.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back