What's new

The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
For some reason, attention has been brought to the fact that "The Flat Earth Society" had been mentioned in Presidential-Speeches a whole three times already, even though the Flat-Earth Society has less than six-thousand total members. Entire documentaries have even flooded into the on-line scene over the past couple of years about various discrepancies with video-footage to point out how the shape of the earth is really more that of a globe/flat/pear/hollow/sphere/round/ball/oblate/spheroid/etc. From what I have observed, I think there is a mix of genuine researchers/truth-seekers, and another set of video-producers who may be part of some kind operation known as a psy-ops (not sure if the psy part of psy-ops means psychic or psychological or psychotronic but the ops part should be as it sounds : Operation).

The fun from this mostly comes reading the various comments that are in response to the various You-Tube Videos that are posted about this subject. Out of all of the "Conspiracy Theory" videos and documentaries that I have reviewed, this particular subject is a rather curious one, and I know that technology is so advanced that, who-ever has enough resources, can edit videos as they please to make it look like ABC happened, when it was really XYZ. This goes both ways, for your information, shadow-governments (corporate-governments) capable of producing "manufactured video-evidence" for promoting the ideas that "terrorists" did this and that (even though they could all be actors for all we know who did their deeds in a film-set), and simultaneously, footage from the "conspiracy theorists" side could have added various "special-effects" into "official-released" videos that make it look like astronauts are under-water or that a ripple of water from a swimming pool went across the screen during the filming of a space-shuttle in orbit above the planet (then again exactly how does a space-shuttle in orbit get filmed from above itself unless there is either a second space-shuttle or other space-maneuvering device that allows the camera-person to be above assuming that it is not coming from some so-called drone ?).

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

Glad to know I'm not the only one having a fun time with this stuff. Theres actually a drinking game for this, go to a flat earth society video, read through the comments, take a sip for everything batshit they say. Just a sip, full drinks are dangerous.

Whats interesting to me is, that theres always like this.. amalgamation of weird ideas and conspiracies, they always throw in religious stuff, the jews, the nazis, jesuits, illuminati, GMO, or some other whacky concept as well.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

iracies, they always throw in religious stuff, the jews, the nazis, jesuits, illuminati, GMO, or som
ah yes GMO, the religious stuff. also why did you not capitalize anything but GMO?

off of the subject of "playing god"-see what i did there, its funny- governments have always been "less then truthful" and people have always wanted a reason to disagree. what i thought was fun was to learn about these conspiracies just to mess with people. Lizard people and ice-walls is a good place to start, stay away from fish people unless you are okay with eldritch teachings.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

then again exactly how does a space-shuttle in orbit get filmed from above itself unless there is either a second space-shuttle or other space-maneuvering device that allows the camera-person to be above
Answered your own question there, mate.

Honestly, a lot of these people are into conspiracies because it makes them feel like they've "got" something that others haven't, which makes them feel important, but which also apllies a structure to an otherwise highly complex and at times chaotic reality. Interestingly enough, the same can be argued for religiousness.

EDIT: Also, the shape of the Earth isn't really in "debate". What we have is a tiny, but dedicated and vocal minority that floods comment threads with their unfounded delusions and misunderstandings of basic physics. It's like saying that a man taking a piss constitutes a rainy day.

Last edited:

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

Answered your own qu-snip-usness.

EDIT: Also, the shape of the Earth isn't really in "debate". What we have is a tiny, but dedicated and vocal minority that floods comment threads with their unfounded delusions and misunderstandings of basic physics. It's like that a man taking a piss constitutes a rainy day.
you are just a misinformant. don't ruin the fun :<

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(not sure if the psy part of psy-ops means psychic or psychological or psychotronic but the ops part should be as it sounds : Operation).
Psychological Operations. NATO militaries (I'm sure non-NATO militaries also have it, but have no experience on it, so can't speak to it) have Psy-Ops organizations as part of their 'tool kit'. If they actually do mean psychic, then they're even more bat-shit.

ah yes GMO, the religious stuff. also why did you not capitalize anything but GMO?
GMO is an acronym. So it's supposed to be capitalized.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It was either that or stripping to pay for uni, and I don't have the booty to make it rain.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It was either that or stripping to pay for uni, and I don't have the booty to make it rain.
I always did think that the "Professional Debunkers/Skeptics" were getting to have too much fun and spot-light. Now, I will speak as a "Professional Conspiracy Theorist" regarding the "movement" involving Flat-Earth beliefs/questions, and the way that I see it is that it has much "Divide & Conquer" elements.

See, the world is headed towards a major global hyper-inflation, such that food will become scarce (already is in multiple countries right now), and money becomes as worthless as sand, and if everybody is busy trying to dispute the shape of the planet, they are investing less time into self-sustaining resources (because everybody will need to grow their very own food when the global food-crisis spreads beyond just the third-world countries of Ethiopia, and has already happened in first-world countries like Sudan/France/Venezuela/Britain, and food-prices in Canada have already started sky-rocketing), and pointlessly wasting time from more productive activities.

That is the "Professional-Opinion" that I, a Conspiracy Theorist, has decided is behind the reason for Flat-Earth videos flooding into You-Tube lately. Who or what could possibly benefit from such a "Conspiracy" ? I am not a religious individual, but I do believe that such a tactic CAN benefit SOMETHING, and I will not attribute it to either humans nor aliens. I will not call nor refer to such things as spirits, gods, demons, etc. What I suspect is that some kind of Artificial-Intelligence (a present-day HAL 9000 if you may for those whom are familiar with that Movie-Title) has "calculated" that the optimum "move" that it can make for "winning" purposes behind the "chess-game" that IT has decided, will be to divide humans, followed by various "automated" procedures against any and all humans that IT has decided is a threat to ITS existence (i.e. : Kill before being killed).

Now, then, I shall be on my way, needing to think up of some kind of Tin-Foil Hat Design that might actually work against those Surveillance-Drones that seem to keep multiplying and flying around everywhere in the sky.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Honestly there is some grain of truth in these theories, lets start by looking by official data how large each of our continent are, open Google maps and measure distance for example entire russia (looks very large, right?) from almost alaska to europe, is shows ~6.270.00 km
and then take a measure for Africa from the point just below saudi arabia to atlantic ocean just using a ~horizontal line and you obtain ~7,340.00 km
yet if you just measure that with you fingers you will find that africa is 2.5 smaller, and i am talking about just plain lines and not area.
So we already have the thing that maps plainly lie to us.
Nobody also fly over antarctica yet planes fly by arctic, etc.
If anything please look more closely to these official facts and just don't dismiss it outright.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No shit, they're 2d projections of 3d surface.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So what if it's flat?
I mean, where's the conspiracy here?

Honestly there is some grain of truth in these theories...
What Hentaispider wrote. I remember a site that allowed you to move countries and see how the size changes when you change the position on the map projection.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh noes, airlines fly jetliners where, in an emergency, there are airports to divert to - and refuse to fly jetliners where there are none. It's almost like they don't want to have a jetliner crash in one of the most Godforsaken remote areas of the planet.

Consider the flight from Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile - a flight which Qantas currently flies. The great-circle route heads southeasterly to about 70 degrees South by 130 degrees West. Once it passes New Zealand, there is literally NOTHING until it reaches South America. At its most distant, a loose guess puts our putative jetliner a full FOUR THOUSAND kilometres away from any assistance. Is it any wonder, then, that they fly further north so they can get to the airport in e.g. Tahiti?

In the other direction, Sydney to Johannesburg, South Africa (another Qantas flight) at least passes by a few island chains. But have YOU ever heard of the Kerguelen Islands - which don't even have an airport? Neither have the airlines - they fly further north, so they can divert to Jakarta, or Diego Garcia, or Mauritius.

Whereas if you turn around and look at the NORTH Pole, there's airports all over the place. Reykjavik, Yellowknife, Anchorage, Yakutsk, Norilsk, Murmansk, everywhere in Sweden or Finland or Norway...

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly there is some grain of truth in these theories, lets start by looking by official data how large each of our continent are, open Google maps and measure distance for example entire russia (looks very large, right?) from almost alaska to europe, is shows ~6.270.00 km
and then take a measure for Africa from the point just below saudi arabia to atlantic ocean just using a ~horizontal line and you obtain ~7,340.00 km
yet if you just measure that with you fingers you will find that africa is 2.5 smaller, and i am talking about just plain lines and not area.
If anything please look more closely to these official facts and just don't dismiss it outright.
If there's even a grain of truth to the idea that the world is actually flat, please explain the following:

1) Why is there never a line-shaped lunar eclipse?

2) Why do the other planets in the solar system all look round?

3) Where does the top of the world "end?"

4) Do the oceans reach the world's end? If so, where does the water pour to... and how does it come back up to refill the oceans? They aren't empty yet. Most importantly, tell me where ships have to stop so they don't fall off the end of your stupid, flat Earth model.

5) A day is still 24 hours long, and we've got time zones that seem to fill the appropriate times. I'm from the US, and while I haven't been to every time zone, I've been to Paris across the Atlantic and to Hong Kong across the Pacific, covering more than half of the world's time zones in the process. We do NOT share the same daylight time (not even close). If the world is flat, why doesn't the top half of the planet all share the same daylight time? Shouldn't we be seeing the sun at approximately the same time? Why is London still several hours ahead of my current time in the US?

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Because the world is actually a disc turning atop a troop of elephants marching atop a turtle's back. The sun itself actually rotates in an elliptical pattern around the disc.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So what if it's flat?
I mean, where's the conspiracy here?
I don't think it's so much the shape of the earth that matters as much as it is the Acronym being promoted. F-E also Acronyms into Free-Energy. I have dealt with the corrupt "court-systems" enough to absolutely know that the courts are engaged in a lot of active-suppression of evidence that would otherwise expose their corruptions. I see electric-bills that exist where people are paying in excess of 400$US a month these days just to cover utilities (when I used to live in an apartment before the Enron-Scandal where I was only paying 20$US per month for electricity or even less than that on average).

Most people these days seem to be unable to grasp the concepts, but whether it be called free energy or over-unity or perpetual-motion, I do not find it difficult to be able to come up with concepts that would be able to keep its own motion perpetual and indefinite, thus potentially cutting into the "cash cow" that has turned everybody into financial-slaves of working so many hours just to cover what they are charged for energy use. Not everybody thinks this way of course, but if a significant percentage of the population did, then various individuals would probably actually bother to construct rotary contraption-looking things for themselves, and with a bit of creativity, should be able to set it up in such a manner where one spinning gear causes multile other gears to spin, thus multiplying and amplifying the energy output to be more than it actually consumes (I am not going to draw out the diagrams for such an idea so my apologies if that results in anybody's disappointment).

If there's even a grain of truth to the idea that the world is actually flat, please explain the following:

1) Why is there never a line-shaped lunar eclipse?

2) Why do the other planets in the solar system all look round?

3) Where does the top of the world "end?"

4) Do the oceans reach the world's end? If so, where does the water pour to... and how does it come back up to refill the oceans? They aren't empty yet. Most importantly, tell me where ships have to stop so they don't fall off the end of your stupid, flat Earth model.

5) A day is still 24 hours long, and we've got time zones that seem to fill the appropriate times. I'm from the US, and while I haven't been to every time zone, I've been to Paris across the Atlantic and to Hong Kong across the Pacific, covering more than half of the world's time zones in the process. We do NOT share the same daylight time (not even close). If the world is flat, why doesn't the top half of the planet all share the same daylight time? Shouldn't we be seeing the sun at approximately the same time? Why is London still several hours ahead of my current time in the US?
  1. A flat earth should not automatically make everything else that may or may not be surrounding the earth themselves flat like coins or pancakes, but when I witnessed the latest lunar eclipse, I could not help but notice that it looked more like something else was going in front of the moon (like perhaps a second moon that is non-light-emitting), rather than it looking like earth's shadow being cast upon the lunar object
  2. Anything that emits light from a distance will always look round even when it is not (airliners flying through the sky at night emit lights that look round even though the planes themselves are not)
  3. You really should just look at the Flat-Earth Videos yourself, and read through all of the comments to said videos, then you would know that there are certain F-E Models that have been proposed, such as the North-Pole being situated at the dead-centre of the map, with Antarctica surrounding the entire map as a giant wall or barrier, but that is just one proposed model that has not yet reached any conclusive-concensus yet, and just wait until you see those photos or videos of TWO SUNS in the sky :D
  4. Referring to the previous question/answer, the map represents earth as being a kind of a pond of its own, for all we know, this entire existence/planet is really just some kind of gigantic terrarium, placed next to other terrariums, and as much as it sounds "ridiculous" that anybody could entertain the idea in this day and age of the earth being flat, I think it is important that one "humble" themselves and lend an ear or look into it themselves to identify the flaws if they were truly interested in helping the "lost" see the light or reality... here is a model that shows how ships would simply go around in circles even if they did nothing but sail east...
    h t t p : / / i23 . photobucket . com /albums/b382/qpiine/Flat%20Earth/tempwn0.gif (spacing because restrictions on URL-postings)
  5. This should be obvious if you are familiar with the F-E Models that have been proposed (wait until you get a load of those time-lapse videos which show, from both the Antarctic, and Arctic, that The Sun appears at incorrect angles and cast shadows that do not correlate with a Globe-Earth model in addition to time-lapse videos of the sky which show the same rotation of the stars from both Australia and Norway for some reason)

Now if that was not hilarious enough, that video-footage exists of the TWO SUNS visible in the sky simultaneously, I have also seen several video-uploads of people filming the sky from their homes with confusion about TWO MOONS in the sky (I tend to ignore their religious interpretations though within their video-descriptions since I am non-religious), for a lot of them seem to be referring to Planet X or Niburu, etc. Like I have mentioned before, though, I give room to be skeptical about everything, and even as a "Professional Conspiracy Theorist" who can come up with all sorts of crazy and wild ideas and explanations, I am just going to say that it is certainly possible to fake/manufacture footage that looks real/authentic (one of the reasons why I do not lend much credibility to television). Conspiracy videos should be no exception.

For those who are unfamiliar with blue-screen, green-screen, and the various film-production processes, such that you can record something in a studio, then edit it to make it look like it was filmed in a public location, see this...
h t t p s : // w w w . youtube . com /watch?v=V0KBchyazYE&fmt=18 (spaced out of course because restrictions on Link-Posting)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I do not find it difficult to be able to come up with concepts that would be able to keep its own motion perpetual and indefinite
In other words, you have no concept at all how physics work.

Lucifina

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't understand, are you people trying to tell me the earth ISN'T a hypercube?

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't think it's so much the shape of the earth that matters as much as it is the Acronym being promoted. F-E also Acronyms into Free-Energy.
Wait... what? So, it's not about the Earth being flat, but rather a sneaky way to promote the acronym FE? I'm confused, man.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Because the world is actually a disc turning atop a troop of elephants marching atop a turtle's back. The sun itself actually rotates in an elliptical pattern around the disc.
C'mon guys, this is well kown. We even know the name of the turtle, but its sex has so far not been discerned.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Let me guess... your education comes from those academic-institutions known as public-schooling. Ahem, I mean, indoctrination-institutions, such that you have no concept of thinking for yourself. I can smell the arrogance that is typical of such book-learned people who have no sense of street-smarts. Yes, education, such a joke these days, when it's really just dishonest indoctrination.
In other words, you have no concept at all how physics work.
All you need are some gears that simultaneously turn other/multiple gears and/or multiple windmills, have those windmills themselves attached/connected to additional/multiple generators of electricity, then from there have them combined in the necessary loops/series to spin each other so that they are always generating electrical-output, but then again I have found that people like you will never bother to do your own experiments yourself, because all your types ever do is recite mantras from books instead of actually double-checking the books' claims for yourself.

Actually, forget all that, just go about living your "happy" life believing that you understand everything there is to understand about reality and energy and existence. I am just a "Tin-Foil Hat-Wearing Professional Conspiracy Theorist" anyway whom you should just ignore because I am obviously and clearly out-of-touch with so-called reality due to my disbelief in anything and everything main-stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.