What's new

The stars aren't right!(Helena/Courage Wolf)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Are the stars right?(Helena/Courage Wolf)

There seems to be a shuttle coming in, but otherwise the view out is much the same as before, though it somehow seems even more beautiful than before. As they head inside, the demon asks: "What would you like for me to insulate? I can do the entire area, but the results from that won't be very good."

"I don't know where the influence is coming from, that's the problem. We're experimenting with magical radiation on animals and last time there was definite influence, but that's all I can tell."

"I can just insulate the radiation area. That will block any influence coming inside it, and anything you can put in will definitely be clean.

"That would do it, I suppose. That's the radiation dome." Ginny says, pointing at the dome they used earlier.

The succubus walks around the dome a couple times, looking at it. Then she goes into a trance that seems to stretch on and on.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena listens quietly off to the side before returning to the window, it really was a beautiful view.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After watching the succubus trance for several minutes, Ginny yawns and walks to the window, too, not saying anything.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So whats the plan?" Helena asked quietly "we've been thoroughly fucked by a succubus, you had a rough encounter with a bear that shouldn't have been there, I suspect another outside influence and I'm worried were missing something" she said quietly.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny shrugs. "We'll continue with experiments. All of that is only relevant to us as far as our study is concerned. The rest is station security's business, not ours."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I don't know if you've noticed, but station security is conspicously absent" Helena said slowly. And in all fairness we've gotten off lucky, How long until we wind up with something that lays eggs, or doesn't let us go..." She said quietly. this was getting to be a real problem but she resigned herself to the experiments and waited for Ginny to proceed.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Unless there are any more problems, we shouldn't have to leave the research center very often. The situation is worrying, but I'm not going to give up my research because of maybes and what ifs."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hell No!" Helena said, storming out of the research station, she would get the hell off of this rock dead or alive and to hell with research, She was smart, she'd figure things out...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny turns to look at her back, but doesn't say anything, the gleam in her eyes saying more than words could.

The tunnels have a different feel to them now, as if she was being watched, but she doesn't see anything moving for a good while. Then all the light fades away suddenly, leaving her in the dark.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

as the lights dim Helena takes a gamble and pushes off the nearby wall as hard as she can, moving down the tunnel and hopefully away from whatever the hell just cut the lights..

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Not seeing where she's going, Helena hits her shoulder to a wall, and almost chokes from the dust. Something seems to have killed off all the fungi in this area.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Coughing and cursing as she rubs her shoulder, Helena summons just enough light to see by and find out where she launched herself...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Helena's hastily conjured light illuminates only a relatively small area, but she still seems to be in the main tunnel leading to the shuttle bay, though the shadows make it hard to tell where she is when her memories are of a completely lit tunnel.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Moving far more cautiously, Helena moves in what she hoped was the right direction, the dim light afforded by her magic only throwing everything into sharper relief and causing her heart to beat faster...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Despite the poor light, it doesn't take Helena very long to arrive to the shuttle bay, which is still illuminated with artificial sunlight. Though there are dozens of shuttles, only two have any people near them: one that has just arrived and won't be able to leave for some time yet, even if the owner wants it to and another that is surrounded by disreputable looking people. There's also command center which likely has people inside.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Moving towards the command center and entering, Helena looked around for anyone in charge that could give her a sitrep on what the hell was going on...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The only person inside the flight command is a bored looking man wearing a rather poorly kept uniform. Looking up from his book, he sneers at Helena: "What do you want, miss?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena sneered straight back, "we have violent lifeforms loose in the station, where is the security team, and whats the next shuttle off of this rock" she spat.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"The security is working full-time to deal with those lifeforms. Only a complete moron would expect a new asteroid to be void of such things. The only shuttle to leave today is the Lurker - that's the one with people preparing it - but I doubt they'll take passengers."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Full time my ass, and yes! one would expect a site to be cleared BEFORE a compound was put in place." Storming out and approaching the Lurker, slightly put of by their appearance but desperate to be gone she stepped forward "I would like to inquire about a trip off of this rock, Something is wrong here."