OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Thunder in the Distance (thetwo)

Ashleys Status: HP = 45, P = 55, EP = 24/40

"Well....... I don't know about safe, but I believe that there was a group of humans staying not far form here. We might try them, though I think it would be better to simply choose a house near here. No offense, but your kind are rather.... Unreliable;" the troll says to Ashley, and the two conscious Fey women nodded in agreement. As she looked up to the sky, she noticed that the sun was just beginning to set off on the Western horizon.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You may be right. It's... later then I thought. I do not relish the thought of travelling this city by night. I think I may join you for the night, if you don't mind." Ashley's eyes wander to the corpse of the tentacle monster, then back to the redhead's swollen belly. "Probably best not to hang out here in the open with all these demon corpses for much longer then necessary."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Of course. Added protection is always welcome. Come, we must find a safe place. Boris! Grab these two bums! We'll see about getting them conscious when we find someplace safe for the night;" The redhead says, and motions for the troll, who promptly picks up the gruff and the unconscious woman. "You wouldn't happen to know a place nearby would you?" She continues, once more speaking to Ashley.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley tries to figure about where in the city they are, and concludes that it's too far to either her own safehouse or the wizard's warded building. If he would even welcome the fey... mathias had seemed to think the wizard wasn't a very nice person.

"Unfortunately nothing at all close. I had rather intended to start back towards a safehouse on the edge of town well before now. We'll have to chance one of the nearby houses."

Ashley tries to find a house that looks like it has a second floor and is reasonably intact, and points at it.

"Maybe that one?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That should prove suitable for our purposes." The fey woman agrees, as Ashley indicates a two story house painted a dark green color. Its door was still attached, and even though all of the windows were broken it seemed likely that they wouldn't have to worry about anything sneaking in through them since they were going to be staying on the second floor.

The troll picks up the limp bodies of the gruff and the unconscious woman, and the group heads into the building. The troll has to practically crouch to get through the door, especially with his two burdens, but he manages to get inside after a few moments of effort. The inside is dusty but surprisingly untouched, suggesting that nothing had been in this building since the invasion. The stairs to the second floor were sitting directly in front of them after they got through the door, and looked like they were sturdy enough.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley gestures at the second floor. "Take them upstairs and see if what there is in terms of bedding. I'll check the first floor for supplies real quick."

She then crouches down next to the corpse of one of the demonic women and quickly scribes a short message in light on the woman's stomach before pressing the final teleport pin against her skin.

Do not expect me before tomorrow - Ashley

That done, Ashley walks towards the door of the house.

(Light level 1/cryptic to leave a message for the old wizard via a somewhat morbid medium.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Casting: Success.

Her message left successfully, Ashley attached the pin to the demons corpse and watched it dematerialize. That finished, Ashley returned to the house to watch the troll slowly making his way up the steps with his two passengers. He was about halfway there when she walked in, and looked like he'd be up in a few seconds if she wished to go upstairs with the rest of the Fey. The rest of the house was still unexplored, however.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley decided to take a quick poke about the first floor, looking for useful supplies before heading upstairs.

I'm not sure what might get left behind that would be useful, but maybe the residents left quickly...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Perception: Failure.

The first floor is bereft of anything of any real use, as all of the food that Ashley can find looks like its gone bad long before she'd arrived there. Nothing else of note makes itself apparent in this particular house, so she goes upstairs. The hallway at the top branches left and right, and both have two doors. By the time she reaches the top, the Fey are all out of sight, but she can hear scuffling sounds coming from the second door to her right. All of the other doors are closed, while that one was partially open, so it made sense that her companions had gone in there. Still, she didn't know what any of the other doors might lead to.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley walks up to the door that is ajar, assuming that the sounds coming form inside are her fey companions arranging their unconscious friends or securing the window for the night. As she approaches, she calls out.

"I didn't find anything useful on the first floor, but it seems a perfectly fine place to stay the night."

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As she enters, Ashley sees the troll laying the woman onto a small bed, and then laying the gruff down onto a small cot. The other two women were trying to make themselves comfortable on the floor, though they looked as though it wasn't working out so well. At her statement, the two women nod, and the troll says; "I'll be downstairs. This room is too small for all of me." Then, he starts heading toward the door, in which Ashley is currently still standing.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley takes a step back from the door to let the troll out. "If four of us are conscious, we really ought to keep a watch, even if it's just to wake everyone a few seconds sooner should a demon enter the house. Red, myself, you, then our trollish friend?" Ashley said, indicating the green-haired woman.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Dropping stats since these are the wrap up posts.)

The Fey woman nods, and the group proceeds to go to sleep for the night, which passes uneventfully. In the morning, the Fey women that had been impregnated give birth to their vile progeny, which the troll promptly crushes before they can even get out their first cries of life. The massive creature then turns to Ashley and says; "Well, thank you for your assistance mortal. what will you be doing now?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I have two pieces of unfinished business from yesterday. The first is an old mage who owes me some money and who I should probably assure that I'm still alive. More importantly, though, yesterday afternoon I passed briefly through to the other side of the rift as a result of a minor magical misunderstanding."

"I quickly made myself invisible and obviously eventually made my way out. But before they noticed I was there I saw a prison. I'm not sure who's inside it, but I think I can be reasonably sure that if the demons want them locked up then I want them free. Either they're people who don't deserve to be in prison, or at the very least they can cause some chaos on the other side of the portal and perhaps reduce the demonic presence on this side."

"Alone and running low on magic I wasn't able to do anything, but if I had some help... well, I'll understand if you don't want to go into hell itself."

(My intention was to visit the mage before attempting the prison break, but I think a foreshortened journey is probably in order since we're finishing up here, and I wouldn't have any place to spend the gold anyway.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ha! Good luck with that then! We're too few to get close to that gate, much less go into it!" The massive creature replied. Apparently, she wouldn't be getting any help from this group. "Perhaps you might find some more potent of our kind nearby, but you'd have to convince them to aid you."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, I didn't go in via the gate itself, but through a smaller one-way portal. I did have to come *out* though the gate, but hopefully by that time whatever was in the prison will have made enough of a difference to make that a reasonable way out."

Ashley thought for a moment.

"Of course, a few more powerful fey could hardly hurt, if you think there are some nearby."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"They've got other ways into this world?" The troll replied, concern evident in its voice. "Where is this other gate? One is bad enough, but if they've got two of them operating.... I don't know where any more of our kind might be, but if we look, I'm sure we'll find some." The trolls voice indicated that he was sure of his last statement, and even though Ashley couldn't explain why, she felt certain of it as well.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As I said, I only managed to move from this world to theirs, not back, but that could just be because I'm not familiar with the magic."

Ashley quickly explained the location and appearance of the gate she had used.

"If you're interested, I can show you, and we can pick up any of your friends along the way."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sure, lets go;" The troll replied, and the group quickly got under way, leaving the sanctuary of the house and heading toward the place where Ashley had found the portal. They encounter nothing along the way, until Ashley hears sounds coming from up ahead. Pausing, she scouts ahead, and finds a group of people standing in the courtyard of a dilapidated mansion. All of them are completely naked, with a large group of tired looking people against one of the walls, about a half-dozen or so people that looked like they were half-human half-plant, an elf who was carrying a set of armor, but for unknown reasons wasn't putting it on, a cat woman who happened to be talking to one of the grey-skinned demons she'd killed a few of not so long ago.

Last edited:

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley sneaks back to the group, and explains what she saw.

"I'm not entirely sure what it means. If it's just a group of demons and corrupted beings we should probably sneak around, but if it's a group of prisoners, it might behoove us to help them. Can any of you shed light on the situation?"