What's new

ADV [Vosmug] Xenotake (RE131077)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputation score
Re: Xenotake (Vosmug game)

Wow, that was quite possibly one of the worst games I've ever played.

Instant deaths are really really awful when the checkpoints are so far apart.

It's exactly the difficulty you would expect from a ryona/guro game. That being said, being completely unable to defend yourself in any way is unusual, and I think only Demonaphobia was like that.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I think the author said that he was aiming for a Demonaphobia clone.

I have to say I like the demo. Some things kill you, some things fuck you. I do prefer being fucked over being killed but it created some tension.

And many thanks to Sythis_Sythes and Damoriva for uploading the demo!

Last edited:

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's exactly the difficulty you would expect from a ryona/guro game. That being said, being completely unable to defend yourself in any way is unusual, and I think only Demonaphobia was like that.
If we're counting mainstream (ie. non-ero) games, I think Amnesia: Dark Descent was the first* game to do that.

*I'm sure some obscure game did it before Amnesia did, but Amnesia was the first one to do it AND explode in popularity, which is what matters.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If we're counting mainstream (ie. non-ero) games, I think Amnesia: Dark Descent was the first* game to do that.

*I'm sure some obscure game did it before Amnesia did, but Amnesia was the first one to do it AND explode in popularity, which is what matters.
I cant remember if white day had any actual combat...

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i prefer when all the critters you bump into offer some form of sex, but half of them will kill you when done, or atleast most of them do this.

Idunno a dream game of mine would have to be a metroidvania style game with about 20 something different enemies + 3 or so bosses, hosting fairy fighting like fetish content, tons of rape, but in Vosmug's art style. Which IMHO of all the h-game platformer devs is the best.

So any number suggestions for the lottery? I plan to blow half of it if I win on bribing some H-game devs into making my dream come true. :D

textbook703

Reputation score

i prefer when all the critters you bump into offer some form of sex, but half of them will kill you when done, or atleast most of them do this.

Idunno a dream game of mine would have to be a metroidvania style game with about 20 something different enemies + 3 or so bosses, hosting fairy fighting like fetish content, tons of rape, but in Vosmug's art style. Which IMHO of all the h-game platformer devs is the best.

So any number suggestions for the lottery? I plan to blow half of it if I win on bribing some H-game devs into making my dream come true. :D
H-game devs could be commissioned into a game like that for like, a few months' wage lol. You'd need like two grand, times three or four artists.

Spiritlol

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Penumbra black plague, their own game, had no combat before Amnesia.

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Penumbra black plague, their own game, had no combat before Amnesia.
Clock Tower for SNES had no combat before anything else I can remember, even though you can struggle if grabbed but that's pretty much it.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think Vosmung specifically said at one point that he wanted this to be more of a game than a sex simulator disguised as a game.

Hence, why losing on purpose is actually discouraged by design.

Spiritlol

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Clock Tower for SNES had no combat before anything else I can remember, even though you can struggle if grabbed but that's pretty much it.
Wasn't really aiming for the first, just trying to point out amnesia wasn't very innovative in that regard.

textbook703

Reputation score

Wasn't really aiming for the first, just trying to point out amnesia wasn't very innovative in that regard.
All I wanted to say was that it was game that brought the notion of defenselessness (in the horror genre) to the mainstream.

Dojo_dude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just want to say, Prison Kage is f*cking creepy!

I try the demo 1.0 and the modded version which is even creepier as you find duplicates of the main character, her own personal hell.

A sequel to Xenotake should not be afraid of having some scary moments, and even a few more deaths if you don't struggle.

Similar to the worm boss, or the floating Aqua Teen Hunger Force meatwad enemies. I also recall the under "water"... tentacles cause a defeat.

A female character with some piercings or tattoo's to differentiate her from the others (besides bust size) would be great. I'm not going to argue for any hairstyles down there, as Vosmug seems to like bare.*

*Personally I stylize all my female companions in Fallout: NV, color and shape.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There's already a thread talking about his next game. I do believe it's still on the first page.

Bashkire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having trouble with a part leading up the the "elevator scene."

I've downloaded the update (v1.1) and the full save from earlier in this thread, and now I've heard talk of this lift scene I'd quite like to see it.

I go to extras and select the chapter, then I fight my way through some rooms and eventually come to a room that requires me to clear out all the enemies before it lets me kill the 2 pod things that stop you going forward or back. The problem is, one of the enemies doesn't seem to spawn correctly and is stuck behind one of the pods, thereby not allowing me to shoot him and progress.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm having trouble with a part leading up the the "elevator scene."

I've downloaded the update (v1.1) and the full save from earlier in this thread, and now I've heard talk of this lift scene I'd quite like to see it.

I go to extras and select the chapter, then I fight my way through some rooms and eventually come to a room that requires me to clear out all the enemies before it lets me kill the 2 pod things that stop you going forward or back. The problem is, one of the enemies doesn't seem to spawn correctly and is stuck behind one of the pods, thereby not allowing me to shoot him and progress.

You should be able to kill this 'pods' by kicking them or do I misunderstand your question?

Bashkire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You can't kill them until all the other enemies are killed / disabled. Once that happens their eye opens and you can kick them to death, but because this guy is behind the pod I can't shoot past it or kick it down.

I suppose no one else has had this problem?

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You should be able to kill this 'pods' by kicking them or do I misunderstand your question?
You first have to kill all the enemies then you can kick it.

Does that happen every time? It looks like a rare event.

Bashkire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this is happening every time. And I'd prefer not to have to restart the game in the hope that that fixes it because I keep getting lost. I was wondering if anyone else knew of some kind of workaround or some such.

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No idea, maybe someone here can upload a savefile right before that point.

Baseman0023

Reputation score

Hi,

here a link to Xenotake.

htps://mega.co.nz/#!VkgE0Jza!IC3svSUAUJQ5w2oA0QovES-8JC89Uv_tX2slrqsi8CM

go to htps://vosmug2.wordpress.com/xeno/ to patch to 1.1

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.