What's new

What is this (maybe) archetypal type of place in Japan ?

doverbye

Reputation score
I don't know if this is shit enough to not be deleted by existing here but ... do any of you knows what is this place?, and i don't mean this specific place but this "kind" of place, i'm exploring some "rural/not so rural" random places in Japan for a project and i've found a few of this things and can't grap what is it. It seems like some type of cementary or shrine but don't know.

[ 🖼 Here there was a nice capture of what's on the link but, as always, it stopped being hosted because tinypic and i'm too lazy to re-upload it. ]

Last edited:
OP
doverbye

doverbye

Reputation score
Is that normal there?, where i live cementery has to be paid and is always between big stone walls. I feel like some kind of have-never-got-out-of-a-city guy. This looks too "normal", too open, like a park. Thx anyway @super_slicer.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Well, there's no reason to have a wall since there's nothing to steal as cremation is pretty common. Don't know about payment though.

Theboud

Reputation score
I recall some places of burial are walled, in japan. Like, the place where the 47 ronins are burried isn't that open.

Minky

Reputation score
Yes I can confirm those are tombstones, and it is very expensive to get them done.

OP
doverbye

doverbye

Reputation score
Yes I can confirm those are tombstones, and it is very expensive to get them done.
Thx for answering Minky. I thought it was just about finding a good place and asking some ... stone-carving guy to help with it (?. Are these chunks of land "reserved" for that? are they private?

spent like 10 minutes trying to learn if "those", "them", "they" can or not be used with inanimate objects. still don't know, hate not being native speaker.

Last edited:

Minky

Reputation score
Thx for answering Minky. I thought it was just about finding a good place and asking some ... stone-carving guy to help with it (?. Are these chunks of land "reserved" for that? are they private?

spend like 10 minutes trying to learn if "those", "them", "they" can or not be used with inanimate objects. still don't know, hate not being native speaker.
"Reserved" wouldn't be good way to put it. When you want to create a tombstone on private land you require the approval of the citizens in the area. Some places like temples offer land to create a tombstone. There are also times where a investor would buy a good piece of land and do business with the people who create them and get approval whilst selling "slots" to wealthy owners.

OP
doverbye

doverbye

Reputation score
I've just readed the sticky and...
YOU CAN'T USE IT TO SPAM TO 15 POSTS TO BE ABLE TO POST LINKS EITHER.
"15 POST to ... POST LINKS"
Did i just broke a rule here with the google maps link or is a deprecated rule?. Also, how free is shitposting section?, if i were a creator of any kind and i wanted to share some of it but at the same time think my creations are shit and therefore don't belong in the sections for creations ( either The Blank Page or the Hentai section ) but here, could i post that here?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Uhhh, yeah it's outdated. A moderator had to approve your post to make it publicly view-able, if you remember I responded before it was. I did because I can't moderate in the section but knew the answer and knew your post was fine.

We do have sections for different types of content and you should post it in the appropriate one, this sub is'nt really for content.