What's new

What's your most over-rated game? Most underrated?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: What's your most over-rated game? Most underrated?

dungeon keeper was cool. it wasn't fantastic though i don't think.

another cool game is evil genius. its one of those games that is no where near worth full price but is good damn worth 10 bucks from a bargain bin. its like crossing dungeon keeper with theme hospital.

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Overrated, Assasins creed, huge hype, I personally found the game the same the whole way through, just Hold left trigger and press X or something on those lines.

Underated, Shenmue for the dreamcast, absolutlely amazing, Its hard to discribe it, but, you can do practically anything, including drink soda!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Underated and possibly forgotten. the Hexen and Heretic series. I've only played demos for Hexen II and Heretic, but the full versions of Hexen and Heretic II, and all four were fun. Lots of inspiration for my non smutty stories, good action, good artwork and fantasy world. Just loved them.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Underated and possibly forgotten. the Hexen and Heretic series. I've only played demos for Hexen II and Heretic, but the full versions of Hexen and Heretic II, and all four were fun. Lots of inspiration for my non smutty stories, good action, good artwork and fantasy world. Just loved them.
Let me know once you're back and have the time. I should be able to deliver a copy of the full version of Heretic, complete with expansion.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I want Hexen II so badly.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I played a Hexen for the Nintendo 64, very Doom-ish right? Might have been the second one, i'm not sure. That the game you're talking about?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Get the series on the computer (heretics-hexens), pretty cheap, I think it's available through steam, my little bro did that. They sucked console hardcore. But yeah, they're not bad at all

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

the N64 Hexen was the first one. It was quite fun. Unfortunately I do not have steam, nor do I really plan on getting it soon.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What, you mean first in the series? Cuz that was heretic. Or do you mean the game hexen was first released on the N64?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I purposely avoid letting myself get any way to buy stuff online, or I would very quickly become broke and then some.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I meant the first in the Hexen portion of the series Toxic, because Shrike wasn't entirely sure if it was Hexen 1 or 2 that was on N64... I'm fully aware that Heretic is first in the over arching series of the both sets, and Hexen came out for PC before N64.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I meant the first in the Hexen portion of the series Toxic, because Shrike wasn't entirely sure if it was Hexen 1 or 2 that was on N64... I'm fully aware that Heretic is first in the over arching series of the both sets, and Hexen came out for PC before N64.
Oooookiedoke, I've been away from this thread for a long time and I didn't feel like reading all the way through so I didn't know of shrikes question. All I saw was "hexen" and then I remembered the steam package.