What's new

Where a god goes, men can follow(natalie/Tassadar)

Re: Where a god goes, men can follow(natalie/Tassadar)

Indigo allows herself to be led to the lab and the doctor is there, just finishing a meal, it looks like. "Excellent work Natalie. And what is your name, miss?" Indigo hesitates a bit before answering. "I'm Indigo. What is it you want from me?" The doctor smiles warmly as he continues talking: "Do sit down, Indigo. All I really need is a small sample of your slime, but I do have some questions to ask from you, and when we've finished, I'll make sure you get to eat and in the morning I'll have Natalie take you back, unless you'd rather stay here. How does that sound? As Indigo makes agreeing sounds, the doctor glances at Natalie: "Oh, Natalie. The tentacle monster needs to be fed. It's in the last cell. Take care of that, will you?" As eating is mentioned, Natalie remembers the kitchen, which probably has quite a few maids working in it.

"Right away sir! I'll cya later Indigo." Natalie said, and then turned to leave. She got to the door before she suddenly remembered something, and turned to quickly ask; "What does he eat?" Once that had been answered, Natalie turned and went with all haste off to the kitchens.

Hmm? Oh, it needs some human fluids. I'm sure you can find some somewhere." the doctor says absentmindedly before ignoring Natalie again in favor of questioning Indigo about her physical prowess, it would seem.

"Human... Fluids?" Natalie replies, dumbfounded, but the doctor was already ignoring her in favor of Indigo. 'Dammit....' She thinks to herself, pondering what to do next.... Human fluids led her in two directions at once, the first of which was blood, and the second of which she found far more interesting than she'd like to admit. Biting her lip once more, she paused in the doorway, pondering what to do. The doctor clearly wasn't going to be offering any further advise, so she simply turned and headed to the cell where the tentacle monster that needed feeding was, and glanced in through the bars.

The dungeon seems well taken care of, although it's still decidedly uncomfortable looking place. Most of the cell doors are open, and they don't seem to have much in them besides bunks. The door of the last cell at the end of the hallway is made of sturdy wood as the others, and it has a small, barred window in it. Looking inside, it seems that unlike the others, this room's floor is mostly a trapdoor made of sturdy iron bars, with a small platform to stand on between the door and the trapdoor. There's also a funnel clumsily attached to the far end of the trapdoor, for pouring liquids in, apparently.

Seeing the funnel and the trapdoor in the floor setup, Natalie sighs in relief. She had been afraid that she would have to hand feed the creature, but this would at least keep her from any direct contact. That just meant that she needed to find something to feed it....

Turning about, Natalie left the dungeon and went up to the kitchens, finding a maid and pulling her aside to ask; "The tentacle monster in the dungeon needs feeding, and all the doctor told me that it ate was "human fluids." Do you think you could help me with that? Somehow...."

The dark haired maid looks slightly surprised, but goes to a cupboard in the corner that was made from dark wood, clearly different from all the others, and pulls out a jar. "Here. Half of it should be enough. I don't know what's in it and if it comes from humans, I don't want to know."

"Alright, thank you!" Natalie replies, and with a bow departs with the jar back to the dungeons. Handling it gingerly to ensure that she doesn't drop it and break it, Natalie returns to the cell with the tentacle monster and opens the door, walking over to the funnel. She doesn't even bother to glance down, instead opening the jar, saying; "Dinner time!" And starting to slowly pour whatever was inside down into the funnel. She made sure that she didn't pour more than half of the stuff down before she stopped, resealing the jar and backing out of the room.

The jar is warm and when Natalie tries to open it, it proves to be tightly closed. When it finally opens, the air is immediately filled with a strange smell that makes her want to gag. As she starts to pour the thick, clear liquid in, something strikes the trapdoor hard enough to make it shake. Second blow follows, this one hard enough to make it open for a few centimeters, even with her standing on it. A third blow makes her almost stumble, causing her to spill some of the contents. As she closes the jar, she notices that the lock has come loose and is now a few feet away from the trapdoor.

Wrinkling her nose as she begins to pour the foul smelling substance down into the funnel, Natalie nearly stumbles in surprise as a blow strikes against the hatch she's standing on. "Enough of that!" She shouts down at it, but to no avail, and as the second blow raises the trap door a short ways even with the weight of her body standing on it. The third strike very nearly knocks her off her feet, and she spills some of the jar's contents onto the floor. Getting into a more steady position as she steps off of the trap door, Natalie grumbles; "Fine, no more food for you!" She seals the jar once more, and as she is the process of doing so notices that the lock has come off, and is lying well away from the trapdoor.

"Uh oh..." She says quietly, and her hands begin to shake as her eyes dart to the now unsealed trap door. Should she try to lock it again? What if it attacked her? But.... She couldn't just leave it unlocked... It could get out! Moving slowly, Natalie placed the jar on the floor of the cell, and slowly and carefully made her way around the perimeter of the room until she could get to the lock. Gingerly kneeling down to pick it up, she continued to move slowly as she went over to the trap door, and tried to close it and secure the lock once more.

As Natalie steps off from the trapdoor, the tentacles manage to push it open and try to grab Natalie. Luckily she manages to avoid them barely by rushing away to the door and it seems like they can't reach her as long as she stays away from the pit. The lock doesn't seem broken, but how it opened remains a mystery. If she steps closer, she might be able to close the trapdoor, but the tentacles might grab her.

"Eep!" Natalie rushes to the door as the tentacles come out of the trap door, and stares into the cell with wide eyes as she hugs herself, recovering from her near-panicked state as quickly as she could. When she had calmed down enough to breath normally, Natalie muttered to herself; "I.. Can't just leave it like this.... Someone else could come by." Taking a few deep breaths, Natalie starts toward the trapdoor as slowly and quietly as she can manage, ready to dart away if the trap door so much as twitches. As soon as she is close enough, she darts forward, dropping onto her belly in a dive and slamming the trap door closed as she attempts to affix the lock back into place.

As Natalie reached for the trapdoor, it slammed wide open and some of the tentacles grabbed her, trying to pull her in.

"Gah!" Natalie shrieked, and began struggling against the tentacles holding her. Planting her feet, she tugged with all of her (admittedly unimpressive) might against the appendages holding her. At the time, she doesn't even think to call upon her magic for help.

N 6 vs 19
T 9 vs 3

Natalie: Hp 5/5 MP 2/2 Needs two successes to escape.

Natalie manages to almost pull away, but another tentacle grabs her seemingly out of nowhere. The tug of war continues for a while, until Natalie slowly starts sliding towards the pit.

Still shrieking incoherently as the tentacles began to drag her toward the trap door, Natalie finally thought to do something other than struggle. Almost on instinct, a simple spell caused electricity to pass harmlessly through her body, shocking the tentacles holding her and hopefully dislodging them.

N 27 vs 12 critical
T 11 vs 12

Natalie: Hp 5/5 MP 1/2, +10 to grappling rolls this turn

The tentacles recoil from the shock, letting Natalie easily slip away from them. However, they seem to have no intention of letting her lock the trapdoor.

"Get back in there!" Natalie spits venomously at the receding tentacles, and then rushes forward, trying to slam the trap door closed even if they were still in the way. If possible, she attempted to put the lock on as well.

6 vs 3

Natalie manages to avoid being grabbed by tentacles, but the tentacles still stop the trapdoor from closing, if only barely. The monster doesn't have a face, at least one Natalie can see, but there's a definite sense of annoyance coming from it.

Natalie barely notices the annoyance of the offending beast, and as she repeatedly slams the trap door onto its tentacles, she shouted at it; "GET. DOWN. THERE. OR. NO. FOOD. FOR. A. MONTH!!!!!" She didn't relent until the trap door was closed and locked, or the tendrils grabbed her again.

Back