What's new

Wicked Age redux

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Looking to get this going again, now that an example of play has been out there for a bit. It was a shame that the first go around fizzled out without any PCs getting to mix it up with one another - that's where the game starts to shine.

So I'm looking for perhaps a smaller group this time, around 3-4 players. The setting is fantasy based, but without any real definition until we throw ourselves in -- the world gets built by both the players and me as the game goes on.

4 random plot hooks will be generated and from that we'll develop a cast of dramatis personae - and from that cast each player will choose one person to play. They'll assign attributes to that person and describe a particular strength that person has that makes them unique. Then we'll do two rounds of goal setting, where both PCs and NPCs will list goals that they want to accomplish - very often these goals will conflict with one another and force us to resolve the inevitable conflicts through gameplay.

The game is open to ero, and will cater to those desires as much or as little as the characters want to indulge themselves. The setting is meant to be a grim, dark fantasy, sort of "Conan the Barbarian"-esque.

If you want to show interest, reply to this thread, and choose your preference out of these four Oracles (each one represents a different theme in plot generation):

1. God Kings of War
2. An Unquiet Past
3. Nest of Vipers
4. Blood and Sex

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Wicked Age redux

So much yes

Also, Nest of Vipers

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Sounds good, I may join a game.

I'll pick god kings of wars.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome aboard you two. :D

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Had to go look up the previous one :x

Rando-gen is fun, but if it's free-form that's kinda a bummer for me. :\ I'll step out of anyone else wants to play, but otherwise I can take up a player slot if you want.

*coughunquietpastcough*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's free form with dice that resolve conflict, but no it's not stat heavy. There are plenty of games on this forum that are, if that is what you're looking for. ;) If you're still up for it, happy to have you, but I'd rather not have someone sign up, make a character, and then quit after a couple posts because they were never really into the concept.

And if you do stay, that means we'd have a three way tie for Oracle. No love for the B&S Oracle, eh? If a fourth player joins they can break the tie.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I understand. It's just that lots of numbers and perk/flaws help me visualize my character, and stuff. If we're genning, like, backgrounds and plot and stuff, though, that oughta be good enough to make something up. ...I think.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The philosophy of this game is that you discover your character through play. It's encouraged and expected to NOT know who your character is when you start to play. Nor should you immediately understand every underlying reason why they work towards their goals, or how they would react to certain situations arising. When you come to such things in play, react with them as naturally as you can and allow your instinctual decisions to retroactively create the character's past.

Working off the other player's characters really helps. If nothing else, I think you'll have fun discovering your character rather than assigning cold numbers at the beginning and therefore knowing everything about them immediately.

:D
------------------------------

Okay I'll go with these three players to begin with. If anyone wants to join in soonish, they can. I'll create a new thread in the Wicked Age sub forum.

Last edited:

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd love to play! I'm at the point where you can expect me to be active!

Also, An Unquiet Past sounds interesting.