What's new

Without a Home (Shrike7)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Without a Home (Shrike7)

"If possible, bring the two slaves out as well, to save time." Alberik said slowly, walking towards the door with the butler. She did not call for the attack before the butler reached the door, letting him pass inside with a nod, before turning to the others and speaking quietly. "Stay prepared if the chat turns sour. I have a hunch we may actually gain a temporary ally here, if what I've noticed continues to hold true. If I seem under duress and unable to command, take the initiative, i trust your judgements." She cautioned, turning to face the door again, and trying to ease the worry from her face.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 60, PP = 71, EP = 75/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats
Anya: HP = 56, PP = 38, EP = 38, Status = Fine, +14 Body (Lesser Strength)
Arikur: HP = 70, PP = 50, EP = 90, Status = Fine
Telvesh: HP = 70, PP = 50, EP = 90, Status = Fine
Professor Greyback: HP = 60, PP = 80, EP = 80, Status = Fine

Alberik's squad gave her a quick nod following her orders, and a moment later the door that the orc servant had disappeared into opened again, and the man stepped out accompanied by a woman. She had the muscles and scars of an experienced warrior, and the heavy curves common to orc women, and all of it was on display given that she was clad only in a pair of panties and a robe of jungle silks, spun in dark violet. "These are the ones, milady," the servant said, and then stepped out of the orc woman's field of view. She eyed Alberik and her disguised squad of soldiers for a moment, and Alberik felt no stirring of energy that might signal a spell or the activation of a spiritual power.

After a moment of staring, the orc woman began to speak; "So. I'm told you're looking to organize a trade between your master and I... But couldn't find what you were looking for among those in my servant's quarters. My other two are in my chambers, asleep, and will be for some time yet, but as your master should have learned by now, I do not-" The sound of a war horn blowing from far off cut the knight's sentence off, and her gaze snapped towards the door just as a series of other horns answered its call. "That's the signal of an attack!"

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Current Assault Force Numbers:
Telvesh, last of the Falling Leaves, out on patrol
Arikur, leader of the Blue Falcons, guarding the first gate
Professor Greyback, in the cafeteria guarding the second gate
200 Mages, about 40 of whom can cast convincing illusions.
80 Falling Leaves (elves,) including 10 knights, 40 scouts, and 30 soldiers.
150 Blue Falcons, including 20 knights, 40 scouts, and 90 soldiers.
400 CCM troops, including 40 knights, 100 scouts and 260 soldiers.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik turned slightly when the alarm went off, frowning as she turned back to Ser jerick. "Unfortunate, but only a matter of time." She commented with a sad expression. "I apologize for misleading you. I and my companions are here to rescue the slaves in your care, and as you seem to be a step above in terms of decency among the orcs, I offer you a choice, the same I hear you offer those you place yourselves over: Surrender and be treated with repect, or risk youself against us." She explained calmly. Internally, she was preparing a defense should the woman attack.

just on my phone, rather difficult to access my sheet. That said, only two I can think of to use here would be holy wall or dominate, and the latter seems kind of against the idea, at this point. So we'll go for the showy one. I recall there's no longer an X on it, but I don't remember if it was replaced by anything important. So, if ya need an imput, poke me, I guess. XD

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 60, PP = 71, EP = 75/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats

The orc's eyes snapped sharply onto Alberik as the outside began to speak, her initial odd statement causing suspiscion. Alberik's subsequent revelation caused the orc to tense, an act instantly mimiced by her squad, but the woman was apparently well aware of her odds. The room was still for several long seconds after Alberik fell silent, the two orcs in the room glancing between the half dozen warriors arrayed against them. She apparently favored prudence over pride, however, and after a moment she slowly straightened and raised her hands in a non threatening gesture. "You won't win," the scowling orc woman said, "It doesn't matter what you do here... You cannot win."

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik nodded at the declaration, motioning for one of her allies to tie Ser Javick and the orc that had opened the door up. "In most cases, change needs to be gradual and steady to achieve the best effect. With the threat of the aliens looming over the continent, and most likely the planet, There is no time for such a method. To that end, I would much rather simply focus all of our people's efforts towards them, and try for a more lasting peace afterwards. Have you met your King, by chance? I wish him no harm, I merely want to try and convince him of my point of view." She explained, her gaze drifting over to the door the orc had arrived from.

"I'm going to go and check up on those two, Keep an eye out." She stated simply, moving to the bedroom to check on Sera and the unknown other slave.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

The orc woman merely grunted derisively in response to Alberik's declaration of intent, and opted to remain silent while her squad members tied her and her assistant up. "We ought to gag them," Anya suggested quietly, "We don't want a squad of knights coming in here if either of them decides to get loud. I don't think we'll be getting much more out of her anytime soon anyway, orcs don't break easily." The scout glanced aside at their female captive, an odd look almost like eagerness on her face at the prospect of the orc's interrogation, but she then stepped up beside Alberik as the outsider made for the door. "I'll go in with you, if that's alright with you. We only have their word that there's only two in there right now, and losing you to some servant with a knife would look terrible on my resume!"

Opening the door ahead of Alberik, the two of them peeked in. Sera, her hair longer than it had been when Alberik had last seen her, was lying on her side on a wide bed just to the right of the door, and another elven woman with darker hair was curled up against her back. Sera's belly was slightly distended, as if she was in the early months of pregnancy, but she didn't seem to have suffered any injuries or scars that were immediately visible. Both elves were sleeping soundly, and Alberik could see marks on their spirits suggesting that a succubus had fed on them recently. Very recently.

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik gave a simple nod at the suggestion to gag them, not sure how much difference it would make now that the general alarm had been raised. She left them to it, going to check in on the pair in the bedroom.

Her eyes widened a bit when she saw Sera's state, her mind placing all the bits of information together and coming to a conclusion. She turned to the scout that had come in, speaking quickly. "I'm fine in here, head out and warn the others that Ser Javick is likely either a succubus or a demonologist, possibly both." She informed the woman, turning back to Sera and trying to rouse the woman gently, putting a hand to the elf's cheek and nudging gently, knowing the woman was likely too drained to waken for a while. "Sera, I'm here, wake up." She urged slowly, watching the sleeping woman intently.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

After gagging the two orcs, Alberik's squad dispersed to guard the slave quarters and the doorway while she and Anya proceeded to the next room to check on Sera. Turning to the scout that had followed her in and delivering her warning caused Anya to spin in place immediately and depart to warn the rest of their companions. Alberik was left alone with the two elves, and as she brushed her hand against Sera's cheek, the woman stirred slightly. Issuing a soft sigh, she nuzzled into Alberik's touch, and a moment later her eyes flitted open for a second before closing again. Sera's mind had tried to awaken, Alberik recognized, but she was correct in thinking that the elf was too badly drained to rouse from her recuperation. She could hear scrambling coming from outside, likely the other orc nobles from the surrounding rooms running about in response to the call to battle, but their room was left unbothered for the moment.

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik let out a sigh as the woman failed to awaken, carefully wrapping her in a blanket and slowly hefting the unconscious woman onto her shoulder. That was how she appeared as she re-entered the entrance room, staggered slightly by the weight.

"I'm taking her back to the Academy, should be gone no longer than a minute or two. The illusion will drop at that distance, so be careful until I get back." She explained softly, waiting for acknowledgement before focusing and bringing herself and Sera to her room in the Academy.

Alberik set Sera down carefully in her bed, focusing outwards with her mind as she walked to her desk to write a note. Dropping her spells for the time being, she sought out Tariel's mind. {I have Sera in my room, she's pregnant and has been drained. Find someone to watch and provide for her in case the time comes when i need to call for you, please.} She sent, waiting for the reply as she read over her note.

Code:
Sera,
You are in my room in the Academy. Rest and recover, I will check
up on you as soon as I return. There should be someone around
to see to anything you need, try not to strain yourself.
-Alberik
Once she had her reply from Tariel, Alberik would leave the note on the pillow beside Sera's head, focusing her energies to return to Ser Javick's quarters, in the space she had left. "I'm back. Let me rest and recoup the spells i had active, and we can continue. Any updates?" She asked quickly.

Teleport, 6 EP. Telepathy, 2 EP. Teleport, 6 EP. Rest. Force armour on self (14 Res), 2 EP, Lesser Strength on Anya (14 Body), 2 EP. Illusion, 2 EP. total 6 EP, and ready to go again. XD

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 60, PP = 71, EP = 85/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats
Arikur: HP = ??/70, PP = ??/50, EP = ??/90, Status = Fine?
Telvesh: HP = ??/70, PP = ??/50, EP = ??/90, Status = Fine?
Professor Greyback: HP = ??/60, PP = ??/80, EP = ??/80, Status = Fine?

Alberik's squad received her instructions with a silent nod, and those around the door tensed as the outsider dropped her illusion and departed. Appearing within her room back at the Academy, she laid the unconscious elf down on her bed and wrote out her note before contracting Tariel. The angel was conscious, and responded to her mental contact immediately; 'Of course. She will be kept safe.'

Popping back to Gods-Reach, Alberik found the room more or less exactly as she'd left it, save that the orcs had been moved over to the area with the slaves, which her men were now guarding. The halls outside were silent, but Anya, who stood next to the door, still gave her report in a whisper; "Nothing major to report ma'am. We haven't heard any movement from out there for the last couple of minutes."

Attempting to contact her subcommanders to find out what was going on, both Telvesh and Arikur would immediately refuse the connection. The former refused it entirely, though Alberik was able to ascertain that the elf was still alive. Arikur, on the other hand, held the link long enough for Alberik to know that the man was in combat, and thus couldn't afford the distraction of a conversation at the time. She got an image of the icy, snow-coated streets of Gods-Reach, and a battle between the orc occupiers and a number of the men that had volunteered, but she couldn't tel precisely where. The only one to answer her was Professor Greyback, who immediately said; 'Alberik, where are you? Someone tripped the damn alarm, and now there are orcs everywhere! They're fighting a lot harder than they should, we're barely holding them back. They figured out where we were coming from pretty quickly too. Arikur's holding the gate we started with, and we're between attacks at the other one right now, but we don't have much time. They're already assembling for another push, and they've got something... Strange about them."

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

{Main tower, third or fourth floor. Any clue where this co-ordination is coming from? Is the strangeness that, or something else?} Alberik asked quickly, starting her own search. Her first thought was the massive presence from before, extending her senses to see if it was still around, and narrow it down to a location.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 60, PP = 71, EP = 85/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats

Miranda's reply was haggard and quick to come; 'Don't know. It's like they're.... Possessed or something. We're barely keeping them in check, and there are a lot more of them coming! The grunts are fighting harder than we've ever seen, and magic just seems to slough off of the knights like so much water! We're still able to offer support, but the more organized they get the more pressure we're going to have on us! We haven't heard from Arikur or Telvesh, do you know anything about them?'

Alberik only had to reach out a tiny bit to feel the presence, which seemed to envelope the whole of the castle and perhaps a ways beyond. The origin of it, however, was obviously at the very top of the tower.

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

{They're both alive and fighting, Arikur on the streets, and Telvesh elsewhere, They haven't had the time for proper contact. If the orcs are resistant to direct magic, don't target them directly. summon walls to disrupt their lines, break the ground beneath their charges, melt their weapons and armour from them, spend your magic protecting the front line fighters. We're here for the long haul, we have to remain efficient. I have a lead on where these circumstances are centralized, I'm on my way to see what can be done.} Al explained quickly and efficiently, keeping the link open while she directed her squad about.

"We're headed to the top of this tower, there's something there co-ordinating the attack that we haven't experienced before, so be on your guard. We're going to collect any other squads we see, if any have made it this far, and try to shut down whatever is backing the hordes below. It will likely know we're coming by the time we get there, so be prepared for a fight up, and a fight there. Anya, you're most familiar with the place, take the lead. But first, I'm bringing in some backup while we still have a safe area to do so. Two sphinxes, if I fail their tests, they will come after me, so take tot he edges of the room and prepare to fight, just in case." She announced, letting them get into position before gathering the power to do so.

3*2*4=24EP, two sphinxes. *crosses fingers* XD

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alberik: HP = 54/60, PP = 71, EP = 55/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats

(24 EP breaks her ceiling by 6, so she spends a total of 6 HP and 30 EP.)

'Been doing that,' Greyback retorted sharply, 'We'll hold for a while, but I don't know for how long. They've still got numbers on us, so hurry it up!' Her squad came to attention immediately as Alberik started issuing her orders, Anya giving a nod when told to take the lead and then she and the rest all backing away to the edges of the room.

Alberik's call was a powerful one, and she felt the strange presence that inhabited Gods-Reach take very sudden and very enthusiastic notice as she sent up the supernatural equivalent of a flare by using so much energy all at once. Her heart sped up, and her head began to throb softly as jolts of excess energy spilled out across her, causing her muscles to spasm lightly as the excess power discharged across her. For a long moment nothing happened, the space before her into which she'd intended to summon her dangerous faerie allies as empty as it had been before she'd made the call.... Until a quiet, musical, feminine voice called out suddenly, originating right from the spot to which she'd summoned the being; "You are brave to summon us hence, with thine allies arrayed to strike so.... Outsider~"

The first sphinx simply materialized in place, not making a sound in the process but making its presence known nonetheless. "But is it really necessary?" asked a marginally less sing-song voice from more or less the same spot, and then the second sphinx slowly materialized into view, starting with its paws and ending with its head and the tip of its tail. Both were vaguely feline in shape save for the wings extending out from their backs and their disturbingly humanlike faces, though both were also about the size of an adult grizzly bear. "Do you think that your little soldiers can ward you from us, mage?" said the first, darker sphinx as it stalked slowly in a heavily curved path towards Alberik, her voice low and threatening. The other, slightly smaller and a sandy-colored brown compared to her dark brown sister, watched with a bored expression before explaining; "You likely know the drill, but I suppose I'll go over it anyway~ Answer a riddle from each of us, and you'll have our service in a task of your choosing... Assuming that it isn't suicidal or against our own goals. Refuse to answer, and we leave without harming you. Give an incorrect answer, and we attack."

The last breath of the lighter sphinx's instructions hadn't even left her lips before the darker one lifted her head and met Alberik's gaze, her voice suddenly deeper and heavier as she said; "What does man love more than life... Fear more than death or mortal strife... What the poor have, the rich require... And what contented men desire.... What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves... And all men carry to their graves?" She was given a moment to ponder the riddle before the other sphinx offered her own riddle; "It cannot be seen, it cannot be felt... Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt... Lies behind stars and under hills... And empty holes it fills... Comes first follows after... Ends life kills laughter."

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik nodded slightly as the beings began to speak, materializing shortly afterwards. "Surely one cannot be blamed for taking what precautions are available?" She commented with a light shrug, remaining in place as the riddles were given to her.

There was a long silence as she considered the sphinxs' words, the tendrils on her face twitching and curling slightly under the illusion as she thought. "I can think of nothing that meets all the requirements for your first riddle." She said slowly, turning to the sphinx that spoke it. "So 'nothing' itself is the best answer I can supply."

Her hesitation on the second was much shorter, thinking it through out loud as she turned to the second creature. "The second riddle sounds like it would have the same answer, at least to start. I believe you chose that one on the hopes that I would thing along the lines of their similarities. The hill, life, and laughter lines seem to contradict that, though. So I need something that can exist in the nothingness of space, but still have substance of a sort, as it also exists underground. This is a sight more difficult. Perhaps the answer is not a thing, but a quality. Shadow or darkness almost fit, the last two lines work if you consider them indicative of evil or malice, but one of the few things space can be considered to be filled with is light. Something close though... I think my answer will be the colour 'black'." She finished, looking from one to the other, hoping they would give her some warning to defend herself if she was wrong on either count.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

]
Alberik: HP = 54/60, PP = 71, EP = 55/91, Status = Fine, Arcane Shield, +14 Resistance (Arcane Armor), Lesser Strength on Anya, Lesser Illusion

NPC Stats

"Surely," the friendlier of the two sphinxes said agreeably, while the other simply grunted and continued its stalking. After she'd delivered her answer to the first riddle, the sphinx that had delivered it gave a hiss and started pacing closer, causing her allies to become increasingly nervous, but just before it came within reach of its claws the great beast stopped. "You are correct.... Pity. I was curious as to how you'd taste~"

The other sphinx, after Alberik answered its riddle, rolled its eyes and stretched, before rising to its feet and saying; "Technically the correct answer was "darkness," but yours was suitable enough. Silence would have worked too." The less pleasant sphinx glared at its companion as if tempted to disagree, but instead turned to Alberik and said; "What would you have us do?"

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik nodded to the first Sphinx when it accepted her answer, stiffening at the seconds until it too accepted, letting out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding until it escaped.

"The orcs seem to be organized by a presence at the top of this tower. I drew it's attention when I summoned you two, so it likely knows we're coming. I wish for your aid to stop it, whatever that may require. I would also like your aid during the overall operation here, but I understand if that falls outside of a single bargain. If necessary, I would consider another riddle when the time comes." She explained quickly, waiting for their answer.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

The more patient of the two sphinxes nodded and smiled serenely, while the other lashed its tail and narrowed its eyes. The former was the first to respond, however, and she said; "Oh, I think that's a fair trade for one riddle~ Particularly since we can't do the first request. The being granting direction to the orcs is held above us, and while it is above and beyond our power to destroy, if we can reach it, we should be able to disrupt its influence." The other sphinx glared at its more agreeable compatriot, but then glanced back at Alberik and said; "What you have spoken of lies above us. We will kill everything in our path. Follow behind us and stay out of the way if your own path lies that way." It then stalked around her towards the door, undoubtedly intending to make good on her statement. The other sphinx shrugged and rose, followings its companion but saying; "We cannot guarantee complete success, but we will do what we can." Then she too was heading for the door, leaving Alberik to decide where she wanted to go next, either to follow the sphinxes to the source of the magic supporting the orcs or to go down into the battle proper. There was also the question of what to do with the orc she'd captured and her other former slaves.

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

chatlog, spoilere'd for ease of not wall-o-text:

Shrike7: Alberik nodded, glancing around the room at the captive orcs and freed slaves, as well as the rest of her unit. "Stay here and guard them, they shouldn't be left alone, and this sounds beyond the capability of blades, I fear. Anya's in charge. I realize I'm leaving you without an illusionist, do what you can to rejoin the battle, but stay safe. Anya's in charge." She told the group, her tone somber as she turned to follow the sphinxes, turning her attention to them. "What can you tell me of the being above us?" She asked once they were in the hall and out of earshot.

HME220: The soldiers looked somewhat offput by her instructions to guard the captured orcs, but no one raised any objection. Anya, however, had a question; "Should we try to rejoin the rest of our forces then?" Once that was answered, Alberik was free to leave, following the sphinxes up as they crept away. It was the kinder of the two that answered her; "It is a thing from another time. An older being, like us but of greater might. It is sealed, but the orcs have discovered it, and the lord of this place makes use of it to empower his men. It, in turn, has manipulated him into slowly working towards betraying his king."

Shrike7: "If you can do so and ensure the safety of both the former slaves and your captives, then yes. I will maintain the magic on you as long as I can, but try not to rely on it, I won't be able to warn you before it fades." Alberik answered, leaving the room and it's occupants under Anya's discretion. She listened to the sphinxes, eyebrown lifting in surprise at the description. "What are it's own goals, if left to it's own devices? Such a being could prove to be a powerful ally, if it can be trusted."

HME220: "I cannot be sure, but an obvious supposition would be release from its prison. I would advise against trusting it..." the more affable sphinx said, at which point the other interjected; "Leave the outsider to her own fate! Her actions are her own to decide." The first sphinx frowned, but continued in a somewhat less clear manner; "Such a being is likely to look after itself first, and its allies second. This should not surprise you."

Shrike7: "it doesn't surprise me, but i do like to hope, on occasion." She answered, glancing towards the snappier of her temporary companions. "Freedom would of course be the bargaining chip, But if I can't be assured of it's word, then I doubt I would risk such." She confirmed, glancing down side halls as they passed. Seemed they had made it above the worst of the fighting, at least, they hadn't encountered anyone else yet.

HME220: "A prudent way of thinking of things," the sphinx replied. The lack of encounters lasted as Alberik and her two inhuman counterparts climbed up the steps, at least for a good while. There was one point, when they literally walked into a group of orcs prepping for battle, but before the commander could even get more than the first word off the crueler of her summoned creatures simply opened its mouth and unleashed a wave of flame upon them. The orcs were killed, left as little more than charred husks before they could even reach for their weapons. Soon enough they arrived at a doorway, and the sphinxes paused as the kinder of the strange fae turned and said; "The commander of this place lies behind this door. Prepare yourself."

Shrike7: Alberik let out a small gasp at the suddenness of the encounter, casting a quick glance over the corpses bt realizing nothing useful was liable to survive that. She nodded when told to prepare herself, casting a quick spell and causing an aura of light around herself, fading over a few seconds as it sunk into her until it was barely noticable. "Ready as I'm going to be, i think." She answered, bracing herself slightly as the pair ahead of her opened the door, following them in if nothing jumped out at them.

HME220: The door opened (or rather smashed down) to reveal the orc that Alberik had seen across the wall back when she'd been maintaining her disguise, accompanied by a quartet of orcs in a wave formation, clad in full plate and already hefting weapons she could discern immediately were enchanted. The two sphinxes separated upon prowling into the room, their eyes set on the figure across the room, some sixty feet from the door. "Ahhh, so some have made it here already?" the orc asked inquisitively, his voice possessing a distinction that Alberik hadn't heard from his kind before. "Have you come to take what's mine?"

Shrike7: Alberik followed the pair in, keeping herself just in from the door as she looked over those arrayed, her gaze settling on the speaker when he spoke. "I've come to take back what isn't. God's Reach belongs to the elves." She said simply, not making any agressive moves just yet. She kept her hand on the sword at her side though, to make them think she would rely on that first, if nothing else. "Use whatever you have up here to call off those below, and you and yours can leave unhindered through the gates, minus the slaves. We both have a more important enemy than each other, I'm not interested in unnecessary bloodshed."

HME220: "Oh!" the orc exclaimed, amusement evident in both his features and in his voice. "Oh oh oh! You want this pile of rocks, do you? What ever for? Ahhh, the slaves... So you want the fortress, and the meat? What will you give me in return, hrm?"

Shrike7: Alberik stiffened slightly at the orc's response, the tendrils on her face twitching a few times before falling still. "I don't want either of them myself, I'm doing it for their own sakes. You raise a point, though. I already offer the end of the bloodshed happening right now, and free passage out. Aided elsewhere, if you require. Do you have any suggestions in particular, on top of that?"

HME220: "Oh, so you want to take them from me, but you don't want them? What are they for, then? Returned to a dead race, perhaps? No no no... You offer nothing I could not take by force. What will you-" the orc was cut off suddenly as the meaner sphinx angrily interrupted; "Enough of this!" She heaved back and prepared to unleash her breath, using the same spell he'd used before, and the orc simply scowled at her and waved his hand. With a wrench of magic, Alberik watched the gathered energies dissipate before the creature's deadly breath had even left her mouth, leaving the sphinx fairly thoroughly flustered. From the look of it, the orc was a capable mage... Which simply shouldn't be. "The adults are talking!" he said angrily, before turning back to Alberik and saying; "Now.... Where were we?"

Shrike7: The outsider didn't react to the show of force, except for a glance over to the sphinx to make sure it was unharmed, fluster aside, and a look at the apparent mage's entourage, to see what they thought of the development. "I hear tell of a time when Orcs were barely noticed as a race, as well. Tides swell and wane all the time, You would be wise to not discount the elves." She said slowly, a simple statement of fact. "As for what you can and cannot take, I feel that's up for debate as well. I'm not sure what all you're aware of, but the fighting has more or less stalled for now. Difference is, you aren't the side getting constant fresh reinforcements. I had hoped this all to go smoother, but orcs will be leaving God's Reach, and soon. It is up to you and I to set the state they leave in, I think."

HME220: "Aahhhh, wonderful! Confidence! I like it!" the orc said, clapping, and Alberik would notice the blank looks possessed by the orcs beneath their helmets as she searched for their reaction to his magics. "So, you think that you will succeed, and I believe wholeheartely that I will prevail! Interesting.... Well, it seems there's only one way to resolve this, correct?" Giving her a wry grin, he stepped forward and drew a rapier from a scabbard hanging at his side, "I surrender!"

Shrike7: The blank stares returned to her from his entourage was something of an inspiring sight, chances were they would be non-issues if the leader were indisposed. She drew her own blade when he did, settling into a defensive stance immediately. "Amusing." She said in retort. She lashed out with her mind instead of her blade, pushing her willpower against his in the hopes to end it crudely, but quickly.

HME220: Alberik's mind lashed out, and despite the length and difficult she might have expected, she found it surprisingly easy to overwhelm the orc's mind with her magic running to strengthen her will. He was left standing in place, a look of surprise frozen onto his face as she took control of his body. She clearly sensed another sort of presence there, and an extremely powerful one, but it was a very different sort of magic than her direct mind control, leaving her able to assert and maintain her will.

Shrike7: "Disarm yourself, order teh same of your minions." She said quickly, her mind focusing on the other presence, asking the sphinxes a single question before putting her entire focus onto it. "Can you bind them?" That hopefully handled, she focused on the presence. {You must be the being he discovered here.} She sent simply, waiting for a response.

HME220: The orc promptly dropped his sword and said; "Drop your weapons immediately!" The orc knights did so, though they continued to stand stiffly before them. "Yes~" the kinder sphinx replied smugly to her question, allowing her to then concentrate on the orcs while the two faeries conjured vines to hold the orc warriors and mystical chains to hold the caster. When she attempted to contact the greater presence, it struck back immediately and viciously like a readied serpent, trying to lash its way into her mind. Thankfully, however, Alberik was readied against it despite the surpising speed and ferocity, and it pulled back and began to do the psionic equivalent of circling slowly around her. {I was not discovered here... But you are correct.}

Shrike7: Alberik grunted slightly when the thing lashed out, keeping her defenses in place. {The orcs below will no longer be of use to you. Cease whatever aid you're providing them, and let's see if there can be an accord between us instead.} She offered, glancing to her allies as they worked. "It's speaking to me, can you bolster me somehow? The thing is strong indeed." She spoke, barely above a whisper. It wasn't that she thought the being would hear, she was certain it could, that was simply all the attention she was willing to spare at the moment, keeping herself ready in case it lashed out again. "Yourselves as well, just in case."

HME220: Her command drew a snort from the irritable sphinx, who promptly strode up and touched its nose to her cheek. Magic washed over Alberik instantly, incredibly powerful magic that buffered her will like a spell she might spend massive chunks of her energy to cast. {Before we bargain.... Where are you from?}

Shrike7: Alberik let out a breath when she felt the magic rush through her, relief following with it. {I will answer with what i know, if you will answer the same question.} She replied. If it agreed, she continued. {I am not fully certain. Nowhere known, at the very least. Perhaps a when, more than a where. I'm called the Outsider, to some.}

HME220: {Agreed, adding the stipulation that my answer is of similar quality to match your own.} The strange voice replied promptly, and there was a general sense of displeasure about the being after her explanation about herself. {That... Is not informative at all. Not in a useful sense, at any rate, and so I will give you a similar answer; I am older than this fortress, built so long ago, and a man whom some have referred to as a god. Perhaps, however, a rephrasal of the question is in order; What has prompted you to come here? Why do you oppose the orcs?}

{I oppose the orcs because I feel it is the right thing to do.} She answered, then elaborated. {The people in this fortress are good, and have been kind to me when they didn't need to be. Above that, the orcs as a society have practices I feel are wrong, slavery among them. The war between them and the rest of the area is also depleting forces on both sides that may be necessary to fight a larger threat, the extraplanar invaders that have plagued the continent for the past two years.} She paused a moment for the being to digest the information, then spoke up again. {You said you were built. What is your purpose, your goal? I am told you aimed to divert the orcs here against the main leadership of the race.}

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

NPC Stats

{Bah! Morality.... Your reasoning makes sense, though you will find that most of those who once lived here are not who they were. Whatever you might think of the orcs, their methods of persuasion are certainly effective given sufficient time. And by larger threat, I assume you mean the race that arrived two years ago? You are partially incorrect in your title for them if so. While they might appear similar to your physical shell, they are merely extraterrestrial, not extraplanar. Regardless, now that I'm no longer in the hands of one I see no benefit in aiding the orcs. My aid to them is removed.}

Then, after Alberik continued; {I was not built, I was bound! Quite against my own will I might add. I have absolutely no interest in interfering in mortal affairs any more than I already have, but it was the price of the imbecile over there freeing me. After he made it plain that he was lying, I started manipulating him to be a bit less like the rest of his race, a far harder task than I'd imagined for one so simple. On that note, I extend the same offer to you; Get me released from my prison, and I'll pay you back with some favor or another, starting with helping your faction in the present battle.}}

Invasion Stats
Current Party:
Anya, scout
5 CCM scouts