What's new

ACT [ Pink Pencil ] Framboise and Torture Chambers RE151572 RJ151572

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Cant see a thread for this so i'll pop it here

looks good.... platformer with animations and sprite sex..also (gore) if
you like that.

We're happy to introduce our 3rd game from the "Framboise" series.
Meet "Framboise and Torture Chambers" - a 2D ryona platformer
in the style of "Montezuma's Revenge" and "Prince of Persia"
with horrific enemies veering into the horrorspace of H.P. Lovecraft or Clive Barker.
- 1280x960 full screen gameplay
- Explore 20 levels full of monsters and obstacles
- Unlock new levels or replay levels you already completed
- Search for two "secret" levels, buried somewhere in this fantasy world of tortures
- Meet 20 types of different enemies, each time you lose, an animated gallery is unlocked
- 4 types of obstacles
- 24 full screen animated galleries

Play hard and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

brookebi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Framboise and Torture Chambers RJ151572

wonderful find ^^

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems to be alot more into gore and seriously hardcore S&M, not sure if pink pencil is getting more and more freaky-dark as their games progress. Framboise #1 was pretty tame, #2 had hanged girls and corpses, now #3 is splashing it blatantly into our monitors :confused:.

At any rate, watching the trailer below, and given their track record of horribly compatible DRM, and bad platforming hitbox detection, think I'll give this one a miss personally, the search for a working Framboise #2 is still going on to this day.

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I got the game this is where I would tell you that if the games better or not but haven't got that far yet as the resolution is messed it cuts the bottom half of the screen off not sure if the resolution to big or what. you can start the game by hitting enter but obliviously near impossible to play with only half the game showing. I'm trying to get the game to display the whole thing but till then if anyone else find away to lower the size or change it to full screen that would be awesome I,ll edit this if I find away but I doubt it the last time I think you could change the config in the folder but looks like there all encrypted

BoobieMan

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well, I don't know much about this one, but Mystery Forest was not cracked yet(and probably no one cares enough about it).
I suppose this one has no protection?

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This one has protection (insert joke here) but cant say what type as most the stuff I've got doesn't use it I think its just the standard one dlsite uses if you can read the moonspeak it does say on the page.

but I found out why the game wont fully display the resolutions fixed and my pc max is 200 below so it cuts the bottom off kind of regretting getting a laptop now tho I always seem to have problems displaying these games except the 2nd one.

EDIT: take back what I said about my PC I tried it on my better one and it still cuts the bottom off

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Aaaaaand the demo is just a lousy-quality movie.

I don't understand why these guys are so scared of piracy. If they took their time to make better games, their sales would increase far more, getting them a better profit overall EVEN IF more people end up stealing the game.

All I know so far is that I have no inclination to give them money when I don't know what the product will be like, and their previous ones were lousy.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This one has protection (insert joke here) but cant say what type as most the stuff I've got doesn't use it I think its just the standard one dlsite uses if you can read the moonspeak it does say on the page.

but I found out why the game wont fully display the resolutions fixed and my pc max is 200 below so it cuts the bottom off kind of regretting getting a laptop now tho I always seem to have problems displaying these games except the 2nd one.

EDIT: take back what I said about my PC I tried it on my better one and it still cuts the bottom off
From the videos and pictures, it seems they develop for 4:3 screens. In 2015. Weird. I don't remember if that was the case with their first game, but it might have been. It's been a while.

If the game is trying to strech while keeping the aspect ratio (and thus going out the screen), you could try to trick it by changing to a 4:3 resolution before booting it up.

Aaaaaand the demo is just a lousy-quality movie.

I don't understand why these guys are so scared of piracy. If they took their time to make better games, their sales would increase far more, getting them a better profit overall EVEN IF more people end up stealing the game.

All I know so far is that I have no inclination to give them money when I don't know what the product will be like, and their previous ones were lousy.
With digital goods, it's a bit less clear than with physical ones. Most people into selling digital goods still equate that when someone pirates the game, they actually lost a sale. Some are also, from a moral standpoint, completely against people having free rides. Even F2P suffer from this and makers will go nuts trying to make sure that no one is able to 100% play without paying anything.

I have no idea how much this guys sells outside of DLsite, but their DLsite's sales are low as fuck. At this point, DRM is good for them: it keeps people from knowing how bad their games are and they can get a few buyers who'll regret it later.

They are the special case in which DRM is beneficial.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I have no idea how much this guys sells outside of DLsite, but their DLsite's sales are low as fuck. At this point, DRM is good for them: it keeps people from knowing how bad their games are and they can get a few buyers who'll regret it later.

They are the special case in which DRM is beneficial.
I think you have a good point here, but I think the market is so sparse for 3d animated H content they would get more sales anyway. Unless they try that approach though, it is a moot point.

With how bad the sales are, I have to wonder why they've made three games. Perhaps the developers just like doing it as a hobby anyway, and aren't too concerned with making money off of it.

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

talked to dev some time ago regarding mystery forest DRM. He explained his position in a following way

- Evil Nazi has a playable demo just to give potential customers a chance to test and decide
- Smbdy from this forum purchased game, shared login/password and was proud of it
- Several 1000's of ppl DLed game in one night, that caused an extra $100 bill from hoster, because dev used pretty cheap plan with limited bandwidth
- Also PP closed dev acc, because it was reported by another "happy customer", so another $200+ was lost
- Almost no positive feedback on public boards, but tons of "full of love" emails requesting for "free game"
- No clear explanation why game is bad, what is wrong, what to fix etc

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

talked to dev some time ago regarding mystery forest DRM. He explained his position in a following way

- Evil Nazi has a playable demo just to give potential customers a chance to test and decide
- Smbdy from this forum purchased game, shared login/password and was proud of it
- Several 1000's of ppl DLed game in one night, that caused an extra $100 bill from hoster, because dev used pretty cheap plan with limited bandwidth
- Also PP closed dev acc, because it was reported by another "happy customer", so another $200+ was lost
- Almost no positive feedback on public boards, but tons of "full of love" emails requesting for "free game"
Experiences like this (which there seem to be a lot of) are why I like the concept of Patreon so much for this kind of thing. I've had a lot of feedback on my project from people claiming it's their first time wanting to spend money on an H game. However, if they were given the opportunity to just go download the final thing as opposed to having the opportunity to see it get developed and get excited about it I would imagine they would do that. In addition, if this developer had such a platform for communication with fans for the first game he probably wouldn't have had the issue mentioned in the last bullet point.

Sorry to go off topic there!

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Experiences like this (which there seem to be a lot of) are why I like the concept of Patreon so much for this kind of thing. I've had a lot of feedback on my project from people claiming it's their first time wanting to spend money on an H game. However, if they were given the opportunity to just go download the final thing as opposed to having the opportunity to see it get developed and get excited about it I would imagine they would do that. In addition, if this developer had such a platform for communication with fans for the first game he probably wouldn't have had the issue mentioned in the last bullet point.

Sorry to go off topic there!
Yes, agree, Patreon may be a good option here

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If they want me to pay for their game, they have to make me able to pay for their game. I'm currently bound to PayPal or Patreon and I don't intend to explore other mothods of payment. So a realease on the english DLSite or a Patreon page is all I'm asking for, but I'll not jump through loops for them in order to pay them for their game. That's my standpoint on that matter.

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I have to say it looks like an improvement from their first game where Framboise was running around pleasuring Nazis with very strange-looking lips.

I might give it a try.

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If they want me to pay for their game, they have to make me able to pay for their game. I'm currently bound to PayPal or Patreon and I don't intend to explore other mothods of payment. So a realease on the english DLSite or a Patreon page is all I'm asking for, but I'll not jump through loops for them in order to pay them for their game. That's my standpoint on that matter.
:D;)

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

:D;)
Ah, wonderful.
Now they just have to convince me that their game is worth the 20$. A background texture for example would've helped a lot. :D

trekila

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah, wonderful.
Now they just have to convince me that their game is worth the 20$. A background texture for example would've helped a lot. :D
Looks like "mission impossible" ;)

Silvar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The price tag, DRM and... Reputation of the previous games are good reasons enough for me to avoid this game. But another reason that comes to mind is a poor imitation of what they are mimicking.

The game advertises itself as something like the old "Prince of Persia" games, like the one on the SNES. The video seems to look like it, but at the same time it is introducing mechanics that defy the original feel. A good example is those "vibrating(?)" platforms the main character can hop on, and give her greater physical motion when she hops off. That seems too random and too unpredictable for the game they are mimicking. The original "Prince of Persia" was one of the original puzzle/platformers that required predictable and fixed mobility to get through the puzzles. Some parts look close, but other parts are confusing additions.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, let's see about that. on the off chance that this ends up on their radar, let's try for some constructive criticism:

Overall graphics quality is decent, but the platforming feels odd:
- A single jump height simplifies leveldesign, but feels static: Advanced platformers generally vary your jumps with how long you press the jump button
- I think there was 0 air-control in midair, making it more frustrating to hit jumps
- Walking felt wooden as well, some "acceleration" animation would help, perhaps also a bit of friction and momentum?
- I recall hitboxes sometimes felt too large - too many "no way did that hit me" moments. Don't do hitboxes as outer bounding boxes.
- The animations were decent, but some of the transitions felt a bit out of place, especially around "getting grabbed" parts
- The gameover CGs were nice, but arguably clashed a bit with the rest being "sprite" animation
- Overall the levels felt punishing - not overly difficult, but way too much "oops, you died, now do all that again". More checkpoints!

All this is based on vague memories of some version I played a long time ago, it's entirely possible some of these were other games or are fixed now,
but I guess I'm not going to buy their game to find out (my current rig is incompatible with dlsite DRM)

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Imho, worst h-game series ever, I never liked The Framboise games. Xd