What's new

In today's news...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

An age appropriate link for you : Hahaha despite all the links for your tinfoil-governement-can't-tax-me this was the first link on the google search.

As for the other... garbage. Well that's just it: garbage, spout as much of it as you want I don't believe you and never will. In fact, if you told me that today you took a shit, I would be inclined not to believe that either, and I'm quite sure others here are as well.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh feel free to enlighten me as to the law i am not following by not paying income taxes. The roads you mention are funded through gasoline taxes so I don't think my non payment is going to affect that very much.
A bit of a side note, but apparently US gasoline taxes .

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Ok, so it is on the internet so it must be true? I guess that is the best anyone can really do when there is no evidence that the code actually applies.

What amendment of the constitution was it again that defined who or what the constitution even applied to?

You follow rules because you are indoctrinated to conform. Conform to what exactly? You should start questioning things. Why is it that no tax court can hold a finding against me after eleven tries? Why do I have a zeroed out balance due to what I consider to be little more than a mafia like organization in the IRS?

I bet you all are completely unaware as well that the social security card I can assume everyone carries basically means that your parents "sold" you to the federal reserve at birth.

Over time you may learn to ask the questions I have. The answers may well scare you so I guess it is just easier to bury your head in the sand and conform instead right?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh ye enlightened one, reveal unto us the truths of the universe.

Christ, you're basically asking the questions now that most do when they're 16-19, and reading Atlas Shrugged or whatever the left-wing equivalent is depending on which direction their disillusion with society goes.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

BTW fun fact about the IRS, they give you a percentage of the take if you report someone for tax evasion ;)

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

An age appropriate link for you : Hahaha despite all the links for your tinfoil-governement-can't-tax-me this was the first link on the google search.

As for the other... garbage. Well that's just it: garbage, spout as much of it as you want I don't believe you and never will. In fact, if you told me that today you took a shit, I would be inclined not to believe that either, and I'm quite sure others here are as well.
The 36th state to approve the 16th amendment was Delaware in 1931, almost four years after the first state, Alabama, ratified the 16th amendment in 1909.
Not sure I'm willing to trust a site that can't do basic maths or proof reading...

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not sure I'm willing to trust a site that can't do basic maths or proof reading...
Presumably there was a switcharoo of the 1 and 3.

----

On another note, after googling around a bit, I'm surprised at just how many Americans find the notion of taxation to be some kind of quasi-Satanic plot.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The whole country was formed in part due to a tax revolt. Even if the situation is complicated and not comparable it isn't hard for people to make some leaps of logic in that direction.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the thing I find very laughable about this entire argument is that should the government NOT have the right to tax incomes, they've had decades upon decades to just slip it in somewhere. If you don't have the power to do something that you want to, but do have the ability to give yourself that power, why wouldn't you?

As for the link: This entire argument is nothing more than a joke to me, there is no way I'm going to go to the effort to refute it when I could spend my time doing something I actually enjoy. So I literally googled '16th amendment', looked at the results, clicked the first link, made sure it was about the 16th amendment, saw that it had 'kids' in the url, and posted it.

Last edited:

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I bet you all are completely unaware as well that the social security card I can assume everyone carries basically means that your parents "sold" you to the federal reserve at birth.
No. It really doesn't. I am getting the strongest impression the reason people can't "explain to you why" this or that isn't because they don't have a leg to stand on, but rather because you go into a why feedback loop like Mindy from Animaniacs. (Except more annoying because you don't have the benefit of looking like a toddler while you act like one)

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In actual news...

It's time to once again . Scientists have discovered four new elements, filling up the seventh row completely.

Personally, I think they've got a deal with the people who sell chemistry books and periodic table posters.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I would agree with your theory, except that most of the periodic tables I've seen since high school don't have Flerovium and Livermorium instead of their place holder names.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Neat
Though it doesn't have any practical use yet, this does mean it's a step closer to practical use in the future

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Neat
Though it doesn't have any practical use yet, this does mean it's a step closer to practical use in the future
Funnily enough, we can actually know most of what an element does before we've actually confirmed or seen it to verify, so the table is almost just a formality at some points.

Also, as far as a conspiracy goes, as a geography and history buff there's a room at my university with a world map from the 60's... learning institutions don't fork over cash instantly ;)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Nor do normal people. I still use an atlas that was printed in the 1930's, or at least I do if my computer isn't working. It's actually one of the reasons I have such an interest in geography.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

North Korea claims to have .

Of course, these are the same people who claimed that Americans were all stuck living in tents and surviving on .

"[In American] there are no birds in the trees apart from these (which will be eaten on Tuesday). They are yummy."

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Mmmm, birds and coffee made from snow. -drool-

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

North Korea...Kinda just only a thing because China and Russia protect them
That, and loads of artillery that can hit Seoul

Also, since I remembered a lot of people here are American and don't actually get news except online(And what the heavily biased US media want to show), here's a whole load of articles on what's been going on in Europe lately

In short: Migrants en masse molest and harass native women at new years in Cologne. Media does its best to ignore it and censor it until they're forced to report due to online sources reporting it. Government blames the women for being promiscuous, and does its best to pander to the immigrants. It's unlikely any of the criminals will be caught, the government says they are very likely not migrants while eye witnesses and victims say they were, and very stupid people keep yelling that Europe should continue letting in people who have in the past literally said that their goal is to create an islamic state in the west by having a massive amount of kids and using democracy against us.

Other stories from around Europe are out there on these immigrants basically just acting like barbarians, even with organisations attempting to silence these reports they just keep coming out
Edit2:
“I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me"
Funny. For a culture and religion that hates pigs and won't touch them, they sure act like pigs

Edit: more on this stuff from the Dutch news

Translated it says: Migrants to bouncer that protected women- "We'll be back and kill you for this"

Man killed with fake bomb vest in Paris, shouted "Allah's Snackbar"
That place really needs to figure out a better advertising policy, they only hire idiots

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Also, since I remembered a lot of people here are American and don't actually get news except online(And what the heavily biased US media want to show), here's a whole load of articles on what's been going on in Europe lately
Still haven't given up hopes for a career in comedy yet X?

Now, while I won't dispute the major news networks are crap over here, there isn't a major difference between online news gather rates between US and Europe. Also most people don't just blindly believe whatever news they're exposed to. It's only the idiots who do who then get additional coverage. Hell, that makes me wonder if the the news networks are actually playing some kind of meta "Candid Camera" scheme, heh.

In some extremely local news, this post's composition was interrupted by some loud roadwork out the window, which is oddly taking place from a converted ambulance...

Reactions: XSI