ACT Patreon Active [HentaiWriter] Future Fragments

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The progress that's been made with this is pretty astonishing, looking forward to the earth level
Thanks a lot! The Earth Level's getting another demo at the end of this month, with a huge push for content on it the month after that.

Just to clarify though in regards to Slicer's post, we do welcome critique and feedback, I don't want anyone to think something like "this part of the game sucks and here's why" isn't wanted, we absolutely want to have any and all feedback positive, both regarding the bad points of the game and the good points.

Just didn't want anyone dissuaded in regards to saying their honest opinion about the game, that's all :)

madmarine0

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I loved the first demos of the game, and this second one is way better. I'm just curious as to whether you will be adding in more enemies for each level? I just thought the enemies in this level weren't so like... "strong"? compared to the first demo in the fire level, for instance.
I would also love to have a gallery with each CG. On that topic, will there be more CG's for each stage? I love those art.
Otherwise, great job! Looking forward to more!

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I loved the first demos of the game, and this second one is way better. I'm just curious as to whether you will be adding in more enemies for each level? I just thought the enemies in this level weren't so like... "strong"? compared to the first demo in the fire level, for instance.
I would also love to have a gallery with each CG. On that topic, will there be more CG's for each stage? I love those art.
Otherwise, great job! Looking forward to more!
To answer your questions in order;

We're going to keep it to 4 enemies per level with a few environmental hazards, but the enemies in the Electric Level were intentionally somewhat weaker/less of a threat mechanically than say, the Ice Level enemies, because the environmental hazards in the Electric Level are harder than those in the Ice Level. This is because with each level we have a few different themes in mind that we're trying to balance to make the difficulty curve go up smoothly, as well as to fit the level's deisgn, so here's roughly what we've got planned out;
  • Fire Level
    • Tight, closed in maps
    • Easy enemies
    • Easy environmental hazards
    • Partially organic, partially mechanical design
    • A blend between action and puzzle gameplay
    • Boss is also a blend of puzzle and action gameplay (we're redoing the Fire Level boss's boss fight)
  • Ice Level
    • Open, expansive maps
    • Medium enemies
    • Easy environmental hazards
    • Mostly organic design, slight tech design
    • Mostly action gameplay with little puzzle gameplay
    • Boss is mostly puzzle-based
  • Electric Level
    • Tight, closed in maps
    • Medium enemies
    • Medium environmental hzards
    • Entirely mechanical design
    • Mostly puzzle gameplay with some action gameplay
    • Boss is a blend of puzzle and action gameplay
  • Earth Level
    • Open, expansive maps
    • Hard enemies
    • Medium environmental hazards
    • Entirely organic design
    • Mostly action gameplay with little puzzle gameplay
    • Boss is mostly action based
  • "The End" Level
    • Tight, closed in maps AND open, expansive maps
    • Hard enemies
    • Hard environmental hazards
    • Very sterile environment design
    • A blend between action and puzzle gameplay
    • Boss is entirely action based
So by sort of jumping back and forth between concepts and balances between action and puzzle gameplay, open and closed environments, organic and inorganic, and with a gradual scale of easy to difficult, we wanted to make the game feel like a good change of pace per level, but also to have the feel fit each level and the enemies and mechanics that go with it.

We'll definitely have a CG gallery for the final version that'll let you see both versions of each CG (and we do plan to have more facial variations and other small variations to CGs in the future too!), as well as viewing them with voice acting or without, as a set of images or with the full storyline attached to them, and so on. We don't plan to add more CG than there already is per level though (each enemy and level boss gets 1 CG set, which consists of 1 core image, 3-4 variations to it, and 2 versions of said CG storyline with full voice acting for all characters in it in general).

Thanks for the praise and questions! :D

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I gotta say. A platformer/shooting/action game where you constantly get stopped by dialogue every 2 min or less gets annoying.
There are the computers where you read some info but add in some optional quests or side charas, it becomes too much.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
if none of those apply, then yeah we'd like to know your computer specs (or you could PM me them), as it's very rare that someone gets a black screen while hearing shooting and such, only one other person has had that that we know of and they were on a computer with a lot of software missing needed to run modern games, etc.
intel core 2 duo E6550 2.33ghz
3gb RAM
onboard intel Q35 chipset

yeah it's garbage but i can check the gallery fine(they are locked of course,i can only see the enemies normal animation)

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I gotta say. A platformer/shooting/action game where you constantly get stopped by dialogue every 2 min or less gets annoying.
There are the computers where you read some info but add in some optional quests or side charas, it becomes too much.
The game won't be for everyone, of course; it's intended as a hybrid game, not a pure action game. (There's also some paths that are more dense than others when it comes to cutscenes; for instance, Paths 1 and 6 have very few cutscenes, whereas Paths 4, 2 and 3 have a good amount, and Path 5 is has a lot.)

That said, if you see a red exclamation point pop up anywhere nearby, that means that a cutscene is in that area or nearby; we placed these down so that you can intentionally avoid any cutscenes, and then the only ones you would have to do would be the ones at the end of each path which are pretty short. You can also mash through the text using X while just glancing at any blue text for highlights of the information as you speed through it.

Once you beat the game, we'll likely have an option to turn off all cutscenes throughout the game for those who just want to play it as a pure action game, too, although we do think a good deal of the fun in the game comes from all the different possibilities and routes that open up to different endings based on cutscene and in-game choices/who you kill/who you don't kill.

intel core 2 duo E6550 2.33ghz
3gb RAM
onboard intel Q35 chipset
yeah it's garbage but i can check the gallery fine(they are locked of course,i can only see the enemies normal animation)
Interesting, so it's more than likely a problem with shaders not rendering properly then on your computer, and then something in the program not activating to turn those off.
Do you have any antivirus running then and do you have the latest DirectX installed?

We'll eventually have an installer version of the game which should bypass all problems like this, but we're just not putting it out for the monthly demos as we don't want to clog up people's computers with another 12 months of overlapping installs. We didn't do it for the public demo either as we haven't done an installer version yet, so we don't know what bugs could possibly arise from it that are separate from any visual issues, and we didn't want to spend the next month testing them all out as we wanted to get the demo out to people as soon as possible, too.

There's going to be a Newgrounds version going up here by the end of the week that has some lower quality on things like the lighting engine and fonts due to limitations of the site/file size/weight on people's RAM, but it functions fairly close to the downloadable version if all else fails.

Sorry about that, though, this is definitely a really rare problem but we do want to try and figure out what it is; if you want to PM us too, we can possibly setup something to get more information from you about your computer's processes/hardware to figure out what exactly is having an issue with the game doing this to you, and then that might help anyone else who ever has the problem too.

Last edited:

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game won't be for everyone, of course; it's intended as a hybrid game, not a pure action game. (There's also some paths that are more dense than others when it comes to cutscenes; for instance, Paths 1 and 6 have very few cutscenes, whereas Paths 4, 2 and 3 have a good amount, and Path 5 is has a lot.)

That said, if you see a red exclamation point pop up anywhere nearby, that means that a cutscene is in that area or nearby; we placed these down so that you can intentionally avoid any cutscenes, and then the only ones you would have to do would be the ones at the end of each path which are pretty short. You can also mash through the text using X while just glancing at any blue text for highlights of the information as you speed through it.

Once you beat the game, we'll likely have an option to turn off all cutscenes throughout the game for those who just want to play it as a pure action game, too, although we do think a good deal of the fun in the game comes from all the different possibilities and routes that open up to different endings based on cutscene and in-game choices/who you kill/who you don't kill.

Interesting, so it's more than likely a problem with shaders not rendering properly then on your computer, and then something in the program not activating to turn those off.
Do you have any antivirus running then and do you have the latest DirectX installed?

We'll eventually have an installer version of the game which should bypass all problems like this, but we're just not putting it out for the monthly demos as we don't want to clog up people's computers with another 12 months of overlapping installs. We didn't do it for the public demo either as we haven't done an installer version yet, so we don't know what bugs could possibly arise from it that are separate from any visual issues, and we didn't want to spend the next month testing them all out as we wanted to get the demo out to people as soon as possible, too.

There's going to be a Newgrounds version going up here by the end of the week that has some lower quality on things like the lighting engine and fonts due to limitations of the site/file size/weight on people's RAM, but it functions fairly close to the downloadable version if all else fails.

Sorry about that, though, this is definitely a really rare problem but we do want to try and figure out what it is; if you want to PM us too, we can possibly setup something to get more information from you about your computer's processes/hardware to figure out what exactly is having an issue with the game doing this to you, and then that might help anyone else who ever has the problem too.
the shaders problem is plaguing me too with the D-lis game,except the shaders turn everything pink.
how is that setup?i need to download a program and show the log via PM?

ryukotan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
small nitpicks:

the ! that indicate cutscenes should just always be visible imo, i almost missed a few cutscene triggers because they just happened to not be there for some reason(looks like they only appear when talia is facing them?)

the collision on ice platforms seems to be a bit weird, sometimes i would just fall straight through them. experienced this the most in p6m4

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
small nitpicks:
the ! that indicate cutscenes should just always be visible imo, i almost missed a few cutscene triggers because they just happened to not be there for some reason(looks like they only appear when talia is facing them?)
the collision on ice platforms seems to be a bit weird, sometimes i would just fall straight through them. experienced this the most in p6m4
The ! isn't always visible primarily because we don't want to give away some cutscenes across the screen for aesthetic reasons, and there are some cutscenes that are secret ones where the ! doesn't show (for instance, the cannon pit one in P2M1).

As we go forward though we'll experiment with that more, don't get me wrong, it's just for now that's what we got, but we're not against adjusting it based on feedback like yours.

The collision on enemies turned into ice is definitely something we're going to be looking at during the Earth level, as it's been one of my big complaints too, especially on enemies that are more vertical than horizontal.

the shaders problem is plaguing me too with the D-lis game,except the shaders turn everything pink.
how is that setup?i need to download a program and show the log via PM?
What Frouge has considered doing at some point when we get time is getting ahold of everyone who's having niche issues like this and then, one on one, having them run some sort of program that shows him in real time what's happening on your computer when you try to run the game, like very detailed stuff showing exactly what processes are stopping/starting/being blocked.

It won't be anything like sifting through your files or having access to that kind of stuff, it'd only be linked to your processes that are running on your computer and specifically what's happening with them, and it'd be one on one, you'd be able to see everything he's seeing so you wouldn't get any of your stuff messed up, but this is something we're probably going to have to do a few months from now as we need to pump out stuff ASAP for the Earth Level; in the meantime, yeah, the Newgrounds version should definitely be playable.

As a side note, if anyone here pledges to the Patreon and ends up having issues like this where you can't run the game, let me know and I'll refund you your money until we get your specific bug fixed that's making the game unplayable, etc.
​​

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Looks like im late, but its nice to see you back. Im stoked about this game (still have the old fire level demo somewhere). glad to see news and activity and your game plan looks promising. welcome back ^^

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Looks like im late, but its nice to see you back. Im stoked about this game (still have the old fire level demo somewhere). glad to see news and activity and your game plan looks promising. welcome back ^^
Awesome, let us know what you think of the new demo if you get to try it!

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I remember playing this LONG ago when there was only 1 or 2 enemy types and 1 level. It's come so far, going to have to check it out now!

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
I still think the Ice level demo is the best, talking about the enemies/sex scenes of course. But the latest electric demo was actually quite fun playing through. Felt almost like a complete game. I have to admit that I pirated it when it just came out as patron only content, but it was well worth it (Sorry HWriter). But I am amazed how well you guys are progressing and I'm glad you're receiving so much support AND providing actual updates, unlike 80% of H-Game patreons that promise updates, but never deliver. Also love the new static CGs, they're so fucking hot. And the voice actresses do a damn fine job. Wish you much luck in further development

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This next demo was quite fun! However, I'd kinda like to be able to go back and explore the maze leading up to the boss. Any way I could do that?

Also the fetish content in this chapter makes me feel very catered to. :)

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The quality is good but dear God the voice acting makes it difficult to enjoy.
It's optional, but I feel like they're wasting too much resource on that over more animation/ variety.

ryukotan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's optional, but I feel like they're wasting too much resource on that over more animation/ variety.
i see this complaint about basically every game ever and it doesn't make sense

the animator is not doing the voice acting, so the inclusion of voice acting doesn't have any impact on the production of animations.

afhc2x17

Lurker
Reputation score
It's very good! The amount of work put in this game is amazing!

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It's very good! The amount of work put in this game is amazing!
Glad to hear you like it; we really want this to be something deserving of your time, so reading reviews like this really make us feel we're on the right track :D

You can mute voice acting by pressing ESC and going in the menus; you can even mute only men or only women, if you just want to hear Talia, Vie and Faye.
That said, as Ryukotan mentions below, we're not spending any extra resources on this that could have been spent on animation; the only artist for the game, Triangulate, would be doing the same amount of work whether we had voice acting or not.

In fact, he even did some extra detail on scenes and did a few extra parts to cutscenes because we had voice acting; if we didn't have it, those scenes would have been more simpler (less animation, less expressions/poses, etc.) and he would have just had less to do during the Electric Level in general as a result, would have been working less, etc.

He's even doing more versions of the CGs specifically for the voice acting too, so it's actually the other way around. I'm assuming you probably thought that Triangulate was only doing art per the amount he got paid, but he's working on the game constantly and like Frouge and myself, getting an equal cut of the Patreon profits, so he does the same amount of work regardless of how much we invest into external assets like voice acting.

This next demo was quite fun! However, I'd kinda like to be able to go back and explore the maze leading up to the boss. Any way I could do that?
Also the fetish content in this chapter makes me feel very catered to. :)
Unfortunately once you've beaten the maze, there's no way to go back to it; we'll have something for the full game though where you can replay areas :p
Glad you like it though, there's not a lot of games that have "machine" fetish stuff (sex machines, robots, etc.) so we tried our best at it!

I remember playing this LONG ago when there was only 1 or 2 enemy types and 1 level. It's come so far, going to have to check it out now!
Great :D Let us know what you think about the new version!
​​​​
​​​

Last edited:

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I know it's a long shot request, but is there anyway we can get a long hair version of Talia like in that one gameover scene awhile back ago where's she's transformed by a boss? One of the only things that never really grabbed me about this game was Talia's design (never been a fan of short hair. Long fair ftw) and though I doubt it's possible at this point, I'd appreciate a toggle or something of the sort that makes her hair a bit longer.

A strong showing of a demo either way. I didn't expect it to grab my attention much at first but the story (and Vie's design/voice) won me over before long.

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I know it's a long shot request, but is there anyway we can get a long hair version of Talia like in that one gameover scene awhile back ago where's she's transformed by a boss? One of the only things that never really grabbed me about this game was Talia's design (never been a fan of short hair. Long fair ftw) and though I doubt it's possible at this point, I'd appreciate a toggle or something of the sort that makes her hair a bit longer.
Unfortunately, as Triangulate hand-animates everything, adding on longer hair for Talia would mean redoing all the animations in the game, which would just be a huge time-sink.
That said, we ARE going to have a game where you can play as Faye (the sequel), so your long-hair preference will definitely get met there I figure :p

A strong showing of a demo either way. I didn't expect it to grab my attention much at first but the story (and Vie's design/voice) won me over before long.
Thanks! It really means a lot to us, especially myself, that the story is interesting so many people; I really am looking forward to how people respond to the full story, especially if people are this interested despite being dropped in the middle of it. I was honestly fearing that most, if not practically all people would dislike the story presented in the demo given that it's the middle of the game so you haven't had any time to get to know the characters and a lot of aspects are kind of unexplained due to them being explained or presented earlier in the game, that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.