What's new

Mitsuko X Space Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Anybody want updated Mitsuko X?

I've known about this for a while, but if it's needed I guess I could keep the thread up to date too. I don't like using forums, though, so I may not be a reliable watch dog.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

So long as eventually this winbasket is delivered in whatever quantity it can be, that is all we can ask.

Zboczuch

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Heh. Looks like the opposite is also true and he's keeping track of ulmf as well. Check this: the same day I necro'd this thread, he posted another entry in his blog. Although still no update on the game itself, he seems to be doing progress. Hope he's not gonna start over yet again.

Oh, and by the way. He asked for more feedback, especially containing some ideas to be implemented into the game. I'm not that creative myself, so I'm counting on you people. Perhaps with enough cooperation we'll convince him to finally drop bug-hunting and add some new stuff instead :)

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Hope he's not gonna start over yet again.
His last post was him pretty much saying he was going to do such...yet again.
I think he's like those Morrowind/Oblivion Players...they always start up/reinstall the game, but they never actually finish/beat it. He seems to enjoy more starting from scratch and anew then finishing anything.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Its very common when using game development to learn a system.
You outgrow the infrastructure you built when you were first learning, and want to rebuild it with all the new and efficient techniques you have figured out.

And sometimes its so archaic you just want to start from scratch, at which point you may as well do a new game to learn something slightly different, etc.

I've found myself in that mindset a few times before.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

This news concerns me.

As someone who makes games and never really finishes them myself, I can understand the allure of 'well, I know more now. I can make something better! New and improved!' I can understand the wall too of 'well, I just don't feel like working on this, but am inspired to work on something else.'

The trick is to never truly give up on a project. Maybe visit it here and then for a couple light touches, and if you're burnt out on working on it drift to a new project as your break. Otherwise you'll always, literally always, be making and dropping projects before they see version 0.2 ALL the time.

Maybe have a few projects, and work on whichever one is inspired most at the time. That'd be my advice to him. Sure, it'd make it so overall Mitsuko X would come out later, but he'd have the time to really touch it up as he pleased. It wouldn't be rushed and it would be perfect.

So who knows. Maybe if he does visit this thread he'll read this advice and maybe it'll help him. Sure, pleasing the fans is one thing. But you have to please yourself by your work and let your passion flow through you. If there simply is no more passion for the creation of such a thing, staying on it will only make you stop doing anything. Float around on other projects and just touch up Mitsuko X while you recover your inspiration. Then when you're ready, you'll produce a masterpiece you'll be proud to say is yours.

Krim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Like playing Rockman X4 all over again, it's great.
As long as the game is completed, i'm patient.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The bug hunting turned out well from my perspective. The last revision I tried froze for me so many times that I dumped it. Current revision seems to work pretty well.

As for suggestions - I have a minor one about current level. The way double jump skill is positioned forces you to redo the entire level if you miss it (and you don't see that platform before you jump down). Once you know where the double jump is that is hardly an issue, but it was extremely annoying when I was first playing the game and had to redo the level few times.

muigordo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If the guy is looking for more... expansive ideas, I got nothin, but an on/off switch for the tail/ears would be nice.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

You do that, then you've just got a pink female with a seemingly misplaced animal nose and feet running around, looking fairly strange I would presume. Better to just make a model swap with same hair/eye color for your anti-furry...

Kiva

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

dunno where to post to tell him about bugs so I'll do it here and hope he reads it, game freezes when you get to the boss a second time around after beating him the first time, and you need to put a pause feature for when you press enter to go into your menu

Zboczuch

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Comment his posts. That should do the trick ;)

erotic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Am I the only one that remembers this when it first game out? Nothing has really changed. In fact, there is less content. The standing animation used to change when she was in lust state (tail made a heart, etc), there was cum and finisher models, etc. Also, the text is buggy as hell and the descriptions are cut off for everything. He really needs to just trash it and start over. He used to blame it all on his "shitty computer" and I'm wondering if he ever managed to upgrade.

On a lighter note: Has anyone else managed to get the Jumper Suit from on top Left of the map? I thought that was pretty neat. You need to double jump through the walls on the right, but you can't get back down and die if you fall. As you fall you can see that the area has lower levels with enemies inside. I wonder if that is just the first level or some other hidden stuff.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I played that first rendition, and I would actually say the latest is more mechanically sound and definitely has better elements of gameplay, i.e: she doesn't explode when she runs out of health. He probably just needs to refine a few things but I don't think he should start from scratch...

ProductOfLust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damnit, I'm in China and it seems I can't go on the website. And I can't go on 4shared either. Could someone give me a megaupload link? Thank you.

DSFARGEG

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh, it's my first post. i'm not a lurker anymore :(

ProductOfLust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

^Thanks! And congrats on becoming a non-lurker (if you think that's a good thing) or sorry for making you post (if you thought it was a bad thing.)

Acores

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Same here the link is a no go for me

Status
Not open for further replies.