ACT Echidna Wars

Cnby26

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Echidna Wars

UPDATE: 07/07/12
-New stage featuring a lot of platforming
-New Enemy: Flying Jellyfish
-New Character: TGO-03 - A cyborg girl. You'll have to rescue her in the new stage to add her to your party.

TGO-03 has two abilities that are useful for the platforming stage. First she can shoot her arms out, which will home into enemies. These are particularly useful against flying enemies like the jellyfish. The downside is that they have a short range and you can only fire two at a time (she only has two hands of course). Her second ability is a passive, super armor. When hit she isn't knocked back like the other two characters. This seems useful if you're on a small platform and don't want to fall off if hit by an enemy. Unfortunately it seems like you'll have to beat Stage 1-1 again to access the next stage, even if you have a previous save with the level beaten. Though it's really just a minor inconvenience.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It also looks like there are two new items too. There is one shot power-up a little after the checkpoint that will boost your shots up to level 3, and these cat items that act like a full restore that are hidden after you rescue the new character. The cats will replenish all red and green HP, but they won't bring you back from the dead. Anyway, pretty cool update, and it's nice to know that they add stuff so quickly.

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wow! This new game is absolutely great! I love the new teamwork system, it really helps emphasise the danger of getting eaten. I sure hope they add more characters to choose from.

I also like the way the girls get vored now, and especially love how you can see the silouettes inside the jelly and jellyfish enemies, though I wish it was curvier. The shadow kinda looks like a man...

The game could really do with the ability to aim upwards or downwards, though. Those jellyfish can be a real pain, especially since they sometimes appear directly above you.

Finally, i hope the creator adds a large number of different enemies. I'd love to see the slug, lamda/eater and the worm return from Milia Wars, aswell as the mobile worm and likelike from Fromage. There are also random vore creatures that have been posted on the blog before that woiuld make great enemies.

All in all this is a great new game and I look forward to new updates. Would be nice if there was a downloadable version though.

fendo11

Lurker
Reputation score

Even though the game doesn't exactly arouse me, I loved every single megaman side scroller ever made, and this is no exception

hell, this game is better than 80% of the megaman style games out on the internet

cm46138

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I like in this update, if you're good at timing. You can have the monsters grappling/digesting all three at once on the same screen.

Best I've managed is two jellyfish and a slime or two slime and the lamia. :p

keitaro_2006

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I loved the team work system, it's remind me of Castlevania PoR.

For the enemy, i waiting for the Arachne.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Wow, an update. I wonder how long the free lunch will last.

Whoever is making this game needs to enlist some playtesters though. Some of the monster placements are absolutely terrible. I don't want to say they're COMPLETELY unavoidable, but some of the monsters certainly feel that way (how do you get past the lamia/slime duo, just before you rescue the robot girl, without getting hit?)

mr_doomgape

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whoever is making this game needs to enlist some playtesters though. Some of the monster placements are absolutely terrible. I don't want to say they're COMPLETELY unavoidable, but some of the monsters certainly feel that way (how do you get past the lamia/slime duo, just before you rescue the robot girl, without getting hit?)
/unlurk
i like the challange theres not meny H-shooters that are realy good at getting the mix of elements. alot of enemy placements you just have to think how to best use your characters in combination but most enemies can just be hovered over with the main girl
/lurk

Reputation score

So it's a sequel to a game that was only ever released as a 1-level demo?

Or did they ever make Milla Wars longer?

NoctisVigil

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No arguments here. The first screen with bottomless pits in the second level where you have a lamia and a jellyfish is just stupid. I can appreciate hard games, but you just don't do enough damage to get past them without damage (if you can even get past them at all, since the character swap usually starts you on top of the enemy that's got the other in a grab).

EDIT: Ooo, found a new item, too: a Max HP Up circle that increases the max HP of the one who gets it by 10. The lamia has dropped it twice for me now; I have yet to see anything else drop it.

Last edited:

murr

Reputation score

Wow, an update. I wonder how long the free lunch will last.

Lure the lamia away from the slime and down to the area pictured since she can't touch you there, then go take care of the slime afterwards. Alternatively, have any character at level 2 by picking up the earlier power up since the damage boost makes it's way easier to kill stuff.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I feel like the difficulty is fine. You might lose a character or two but that's the whole point of having three slots and having the assist/recovery mechanics. It's already more forgiving than milia wars since it allows you to easily grind HP recovery items, and there's the new assist/dual life bar mechanics too.

Attachments

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like this game, although it could have a bit more H-content. i believe the sprites while the characters are being eaten should be expanded to show the characters being molested while inside, or perhaps the grab animations can be lengthened to show rape before the characters are eaten. just a thought.

cm46138

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I like this game, although it could have a bit more H-content. i believe the sprites while the characters are being eaten should be expanded to show the characters being molested while inside, or perhaps the grab animations can be lengthened to show rape before the characters are eaten. just a thought.
Milia Wars is not really known for their H-content. Rather solely vore focused.

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lure the lamia away from the slime and down to the area pictured since she can't touch you there, then go take care of the slime afterwards. Alternatively, have any character at level 2 by picking up the earlier power up since the damage boost makes it's way easier to kill stuff.

Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I feel like the difficulty is fine. You might lose a character or two but that's the whole point of having three slots and having the assist/recovery mechanics. It's already more forgiving than milia wars since it allows you to easily grind HP recovery items, and there's the new assist/dual life bar mechanics too.
I agree with this person. I also like how being eaten is actually serious now, unlike in Milia Wars where you just popped back out and kill what ate you in the process as long as you have more life points.

mathwiz89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I still can't get this game to load in firefox, chrome, or IE. I changed the encoding to auto-detect in chrome and made sure java platform was enabled in FF. It still just shows the loading java circle thing with no progress to the bar. Chrome seems to lock up when trying to load it, but FF and IE run other tabs just fine.

Cnby26

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

UPDATE: 07/13/12
-New stage: 1-3
-New enemy: Worm - Can shoot projectiles in a spread pattern. If a character is incapacitated it will suck them towards itself, devouring them once they're close. Of course physically running into the worm will also likely result in your character getting devoured.
-New items: There probably are some. So far I've only seen flan, which seems to restore a decent amount of health. I haven't tested it fully so it migh have some other effects I'm not aware of.
-Stage 1-2 modified to be easier: According to D-gate this was part of the update. So far it looks like enemy placement has changed to make some platforming bits easier. The lamia some people have apparently been having trouble with has been replaced by a slime instead. Much easier.

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The new worm enemy could do with an adjusted swallowed animation. The bulge just seems too small for what it swallowed, that being a human ofcourse.

NoctisVigil

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Lamia jump height has been changed, although not sure if it was this update or the previous one. I can tell because my strategy on several screens no longer works.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I feel like the screens are too small, there's no maneuverability.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

UPDATE: 07/13/12
-New stage: 1-3
-New enemy: Worm - Can shoot projectiles in a spread pattern. If a character is incapacitated it will suck them towards itself, devouring them once they're close. Of course physically running into the worm will also likely result in your character getting devoured.
-New items: There probably are some. So far I've only seen flan, which seems to restore a decent amount of health. I haven't tested it fully so it migh have some other effects I'm not aware of.
-Stage 1-2 modified to be easier: According to D-gate this was part of the update. So far it looks like enemy placement has changed to make some platforming bits easier. The lamia some people have apparently been having trouble with has been replaced by a slime instead. Much easier.
Theres also a Max Up item that raises your Max HP bar. (The max it'll go is 70)

Its the screen after you fight the worm for the first time. Just switch to the wolf girl and slide to the right.

Theres also another slug(?) item on the ground next to said Max Up item, but other than raising the counter in the top right of the world map, I have no idea what it does (probably some not yet added feature).

Last edited: