virgin island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RPG Maker] virgin island

most of you probably know what this game is already, its been in the rpgmaker thread for a couple of days, I'm just making a thread for it so we stop crowding the other thread

Virgin Island (Virgin Goddess Story):

Blog: http://kcreateroom.blog.fc2.com/
    Dlsite:http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/.../RJ086550.html

download for Version 1.23: http://www.mediafire.com/?ie5gtxg88jzc612

H List Guide: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php...postcount=5120

Walkthrough part 1: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...83#post3330483

Walkthrough part2: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showth...04#post3330504

updated Version 1.23 download link and the walkthrough,
    Last edited by iamnuff; 31st July 2012, 01:55.

Re: virgin island

can you add my hlist link to your first post? link is in my signature
    and maybe etigoya's walkthrough as well
    Some H Game's H Events List I compiled:
    RJ074038 - AniQue unedited sorta walkthrough
    RJ079875 - FutaQue walkthrough
    RJ088540 - SakiQue just cg list, no walkthrough
    RJ086550 - Virgin Island Walkthrough H List Guide

Comment

Question. To make fastrun to virgin ending , can i just run to ruin town to the b3 and do smth as said in etigoya's walkthrough?
      むきゅ~

Comment

Originally posted by ThisNeedsMoreFel View Post
        Question. To make fastrun to virgin ending , can i just run to ruin town to the b3 and do smth as said in etigoya's walkthrough?
        don't you need the sun and moon stone to go to the ruins in the town?

Comment

Argh, fuck that idea(about fastrun). I dunno what gone wrong, but it seems like 2-3 showers, 2 beach peek events, 2 boy groping events - and girl no longer seems virgin, though no actual H was done(when i got to last boss, i had no 'call goddess' option). Looks like you have to stick to etigoya walkthrough very strictly, though i dunno what prison part is for.
          Few tips if you dont know that some things are for:
          pick in the hot springs in hill town to break stones;
          jump boots sometimes help to jump from higher ground to lower ground;
          ropes are need to knot them to stick to get down in a few locations;
          boy companion are needed to find forest hidden locations.

it took me a few hrs of FRUUUUUUstration, gonna start game from scratch(now in new version, thanks!).
          Last edited by ThisNeedsMoreFel; 20th July 2012, 01:33. Reason: FUUUUU~
          むきゅ~

Comment

Virgin Island Translation Project

Been working on this for a few hours today. Not much to it as of yet, but right now it covers:
            1) The intro (when you select 'yes' to seeing the beginning/hearing where she got her information from)
            2) A a few items and some basic menu stuff.
            3) A couple of NPCs in the first town.
            4) The first bathing scene.
            5) Getting the map from the little girl.
            6) Getting the emergency charm from the hospital's receptionist.
            7) First dialogue with the blacksmith and the first 150 gold repair.

Regarding the intro: I couldn't figure out how the creator was handling the main male's name. His name is Abel, but in the dialogue boxes the creator uses the scripting command /m18 (or something like that) to call it up from a list somewhere, but I can't find that list anywhere. If push comes to shove I can just later replace it with 'Abel' in the dialogue scripting box but since I'm sure the creator uses this command elsewhere, I'd like to figure it out. So for right now his name is still in Japanese but due to how the dialogue boxes are set up, it's fairly easy to tell who's talking.

I make no promises of ever finishing this. I'm doing it during my free time, which is limited. And while I'm enjoying it now, as I'm sure anyone who has translated stuff before can tell you, this can quickly become tedious, especially for someone who isn't fluent at all in Japanese. As such, I'll just come out and admit it: while I'll probably finish up a lot of the story events and my favourite of the sex ones, the chances of a 100% complete translation are pretty slim, unless others want to pitch in.

So, with that in mind, if others want to help, I'd be more than happy to make this into a group project. Unlike a lot of RPG Maker games, this one's events are sweet and short, with pretty simple dialogue, so translating it isn't too annoying. What attracted me to the game is whoring out the main character and the straight shota events, so in terms of hentai events, that's what I'll be focusing on the most. If anyone wants in, we can perhaps talk about divvying up the content tomorrow.

What would probably be most useful overall right now is someone tackling the programming scripts, so that the battles and menus are in English. I'm not very savvy when it comes to RPG Maker scripting, so I haven't touched any the scripts yet.

As for my style, I've always preferred the Working Designs way, that is favoring natural sounding dialogue, good flow, and humour over literal accuracy. I'm also not all that great at Japanese, so even if I did favor a more literal script, the accuracy would still be off.

Anywho, here's the Mediafire link for the current version:
            http://www.mediafire.com/?evppoffb3eruvqf

Comment

Re: Virgin Island Translation Project

I got to ask. How do you extract the Japanese from the game and insert english into it.

edit

Never mind that, I am far more interested in how you managed to get the game unpacked.
              Last edited by hassam; 20th July 2012, 00:18.

Comment

What I've been doing is opening up the project in RPG Maker, opening up the game, and then translating the events as I come along them.

Comment

Originally posted by hassam View Post
                  I got to ask. How do you extract the Japanese from the game and insert english into it.

edit

Never mind that, I am far more interested in how you managed to get the game unpacked.
                  There are many unpackers for RPG Maker. For XP and VX you can use DRGSS.
                  For VX Ace there's RPGDecrypter.

I bet there are many others, too. But these two work the best for me.

http://depositfiles.com/files/xnclpx016
                  I didn't see any extra files for them, so those should work.

(Sorry about the link, didn't feel like making a mediafire account. But hey! It's small, so no biggie.)

Comment

Here is Version 1.09 if anyone wants it.

Comment

I assume you need the japanese version of Rpg maker VX to be able to change anything and the rest of the text not becoming replaced by boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by hassam View Post
                        I assume you need the japanese version of Rpg maker VX to be able to change anything and the rest of the text not becoming replaced by boxes.
                        There is an .ini file in the main directory. You can change it with notepad.
                        There must be something like rgs102E.dll along other information in that file.
                        You must chage the E to an J. Then you have japanese symbols instead of boxes
                        Since a lot of people ask about my Avatar:
                        It is from Muddled World Orchestra 3
                        http://ashiromurakumo.blog103.fc2.com/

Comment

I absolutely support this idea, have great respect for you and also great expectations for this. Virgin Island is a great game and being able to understand the story and the npcs will be great.

+Rep
                          Osawari Island code:
                          3N2RTLOBH6LG7N14Q8JHE
                          Nutaku ID: 764872
                          Add me on Quiz Valkyrie!

Flower Knight Girl ID: 669476522

Comment

Where can I see what the new version fixes? Someone posted a link once somewhere but I no longer have any idea where...
                            Last edited by Wessex; 20th July 2012, 10:41.
                            Spoiler

My Hounds Of The Blade translation.
                            Beta reader: Legraf & Damoriva and the ULMF Community
                            Enjoy!

Hounds translation 20160221 (Wessex) V4
                            My Hounds of the Blade voice pack.

Comment

Not to discourage anyone here, but I'll point out that my RPGMaker Trans software will be supporting RPGMaker VX in the near future. It might be worth waiting, because if there are more bugfixes then your current translation work could be wiped out - not something that would be the case with RPGMaker Trans. Also it would help at finding those strings that you're struggling with...
                              Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X