What's new

protoblues

Reputation score
Re: MoGi:Origins - Public Demo Updated

She's just after the underground passage.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

so there's been beta 1.15

from what i read there a town with round 6 building a and a new monster girl
(and i have no idea why i keep track on this must be the 12 bugs i lost there):(

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

OK. So we've updated the game after a long haul without one. A lot's changed as well.

The game is also available on Kimochi so you can try the demo there if you haven't yet.

jakruler

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

does anyone know what to do with the key?

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

does anyone know what to do with the key?
There's a window on the big farmhouse. Glad to see you're not having any technical issues. Hope you're enjoying the game.

jakruler

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank You, I am really enjoying this game its super fun and looks great. The only glitch I've found so far was when I had to go down into the ravine by the water. If I was hanging from the lowest ledge when you first go down the ravine and got hit by the pumpkin girl I would fall into the water and not get a game over so I would have to close the game and reopen it. It happen to me twice so I don't know if this is a glitch or just my game. Thanks again for the help.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Thank You, I am really enjoying this game its super fun and looks great. The only glitch I've found so far was when I had to go down into the ravine by the water. If I was hanging from the lowest ledge when you first go down the ravine and got hit by the pumpkin girl I would fall into the water and not get a game over so I would have to close the game and reopen it. It happen to me twice so I don't know if this is a glitch or just my game. Thanks again for the help.
I'll look into that.

I would fall into the water and not get a game over so I would have to close the game and reopen it.
OK. I fixed it.

Question though. How are you running the game? Did you get it directly from my site or are you running it from kimochi?

Last edited by a moderator:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Ever think we might get a save file with the unlocked gallery to use? I played around a bit, and I didn't run into any issues but I didn't get tooooo far into it. Still, nothing blew up, that's always good!

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Aw where's the fun in that ;)

Last edited:

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Meh, I get the white background, looks like the same problem mentioned in the comments on the website. W7, tried both demo vers.

Last edited:
OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Meh, I get the white background, looks like the same problem mentioned in the comments on the website. W7, tried both demo vers.
What are your system specs?
Did you unzip the files before running the exe inside?
What's the first file in the scenes folder called?

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I think I posted some time ago, but it's been so long that I probably did and forgot about it. I probably did it in the other thread, and given my post count, probably during the early stages of development. I want to chastise the devs about their pace, but honestly, it's amazing that they haven't gone the way of Urielmanx7 or what Konami did to Silent Hill for more pachinko. Suffice it to say, I'm impressed with your progress and commitment. Now, onto issues I've encountered.

->I've noticed people have posted a number of times about where to take the key. My thinking is you should probably put a downloadable walkthrough for the demo on your blog so interested parties aren't (potentially) turned off by the lack of direction. I would also suggest this for the beta releases with the readme included as part of the download and as an optional things so the "hardcore" players can choose to disregard it.

->I've noticed a few people losing interest due to the long development period (Not a major thing to me personally) both from non-paying and paying customers. I'm curious if some of those disinterested parties have asked for refunds and what your position on this problem is. I understand you both live in separate timezones, but wouldn't it work better if you either took 2 more people on to help alleviate the workload, or coordinated and aligned your sleep schedules? It also seems like you run into some form of problem pretty often, which tells me the long developmental period is more from dealing with problems that have reared their ugly heads than actually programming stuff in. Having an extra body or two could work towards fixing those problems.

->Parts of the demo were a bit difficult to deal with in terms of mob placement vs movement. In one area, you have to descend a cliff into what is basically mob Hell and avoid both mushroom girls and pumpkin girls with the same few pixels. I'm wondering if this will be adjusted or if it's one of those "necessary evils" that platformers are famous for.

->Your demo was good, but the boss teaser was a bit unfair. Most demos nowadays (for hentai games at least) give you a few enemies and, at the very least, one boss fight. I felt a bit dissatisfied that I was not only denied the opportunity to engage Oak, but that I now have to either donate to a game I'm not sure will be finished (that remark about your commitment? I'm still skeptical.) and if it is, will the content be worth what I pay. Maybe I'm one of those entitled gamer people who expect a standard to be upheld regardless of the developers behind the game, but it feels like you're pay-walling content most other developers would release as part of the sample platter. Overall, the demo is enjoyable and I'll blindly throw money at this when/if it is finished like the silly individual whose financial independence should be questioned, but I still feel a bit betrayed.

Anyways, enough negativity. I hope you keep on truckin' and I hope things go smoothly from here-in.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think I posted some time ago, but it's been so long that I probably did and forgot about it. I probably did it in the other thread, and given my post count, probably during the early stages of development. I want to chastise the devs about their pace, but honestly, it's amazing that they haven't gone the way of Urielmanx7 or what Konami did to Silent Hill for more pachinko. Suffice it to say, I'm impressed with your progress and commitment. Now, onto issues I've encountered.

->I've noticed people have posted a number of times about where to take the key. My thinking is you should probably put a downloadable walkthrough for the demo on your blog so interested parties aren't (potentially) turned off by the lack of direction. I would also suggest this for the beta releases with the readme included as part of the download and as an optional things so the "hardcore" players can choose to disregard it.

->I've noticed a few people losing interest due to the long development period (Not a major thing to me personally) both from non-paying and paying customers. I'm curious if some of those disinterested parties have asked for refunds and what your position on this problem is. I understand you both live in separate timezones, but wouldn't it work better if you either took 2 more people on to help alleviate the workload, or coordinated and aligned your sleep schedules? It also seems like you run into some form of problem pretty often, which tells me the long developmental period is more from dealing with problems that have reared their ugly heads than actually programming stuff in. Having an extra body or two could work towards fixing those problems.

->Parts of the demo were a bit difficult to deal with in terms of mob placement vs movement. In one area, you have to descend a cliff into what is basically mob Hell and avoid both mushroom girls and pumpkin girls with the same few pixels. I'm wondering if this will be adjusted or if it's one of those "necessary evils" that platformers are famous for.

->Your demo was good, but the boss teaser was a bit unfair. Most demos nowadays (for hentai games at least) give you a few enemies and, at the very least, one boss fight. I felt a bit dissatisfied that I was not only denied the opportunity to engage Oak, but that I now have to either donate to a game I'm not sure will be finished (that remark about your commitment? I'm still skeptical.) and if it is, will the content be worth what I pay. Maybe I'm one of those entitled gamer people who expect a standard to be upheld regardless of the developers behind the game, but it feels like you're pay-walling content most other developers would release as part of the sample platter. Overall, the demo is enjoyable and I'll blindly throw money at this when/if it is finished like the silly individual whose financial independence should be questioned, but I still feel a bit betrayed.

Anyways, enough negativity. I hope you keep on truckin' and I hope things go smoothly from here-in.
Thanks for the comment now let's see...

>Regarding the key. I do think more accurate directions are necessary but to just straight up tell players ruins the sense of discovery in my opinion. The map also currently highlights locations where key items can be used.

>Yes, I put in some necessary evils. To be honest, even I can't get through the game fully unscathed but I can get through the game without getting knocked down once, so I feel I put sufficient challenge in it.

>The boss teaser isn't without precedent. To be honest, I just mimicked some other game demos I've played like the Ratchet and Clack game for ps3, Spyro, God of War III. Even Eroico doesn't let you fight against the first boss in the demo if I believe.

The demo as a whole is still REALLY long, and has 4 adult scenes in it which is a lot compared to other games.

>Regarding adding more people on to the team... hmmm... we can't right now financially anyways.

>Which leads me to my last thing. No one has asked for a refund so I wont answer that question :p

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Seriously. We're not the type who give up when super problems rear their head. Fuck super problems though. They're like regular problems but with x-ray vision, flight and shit. Either way, your patience is welcome. We also hope to make a lot more progress on the game from now on.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the comment now let's see...

>Regarding the key. I do think more accurate directions are necessary but to just straight up tell players ruins the sense of discovery in my opinion. The map also currently highlights locations where key items can be used.

>Yes, I put in some necessary evils. To be honest, even I can't get through the game fully unscathed but I can get through the game without getting knocked down once, so I feel I put sufficient challenge in it.

>The boss teaser isn't without precedent. To be honest, I just mimicked some other game demos I've played like the Ratchet and Clack game for ps3, Spyro, God of War III. Even Eroico doesn't let you fight against the first boss in the demo if I believe.

The demo as a whole is still REALLY long, and has 4 adult scenes in it which is a lot compared to other games.

>Regarding adding more people on to the team... hmmm... we can't right now financially anyways.

>Which leads me to my last thing. No one has asked for a refund so I wont answer that question :p

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Seriously. We're not the type who give up when super problems rear their head. Fuck super problems though. They're like regular problems but with x-ray vision, flight and shit. Either way, your patience is welcome. We also hope to make a lot more progress on the game from now on.
It's awesome that you're so committed to completing this project. You are right about other game demos not giving too much content but just enough to make the player think about purchasing. As for the additional team members and refunds, I won't pry too much but have you considered seeing if some brilliant, young minds are interested in freelancing just for the sake of getting their name out there? A lot of people take for granted the opportunities that word-of-mouth and referrals create, but there's always that acknowledgement to people who worked under someone else for a time just to make themselves relevant.

I'm still looking forward to the finished product, but contributing financially isn't within my ability at present and, given that the development period has been long, I'm probably going to wait until we get to 4 stages and a significant chunk of content.

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's awesome that you're so committed to completing this project. You are right about other game demos not giving too much content but just enough to make the player think about purchasing. As for the additional team members and refunds, I won't pry too much but have you considered seeing if some brilliant, young minds are interested in freelancing just for the sake of getting their name out there? A lot of people take for granted the opportunities that word-of-mouth and referrals create, but there's always that acknowledgement to people who worked under someone else for a time just to make themselves relevant.

I'm still looking forward to the finished product, but contributing financially isn't within my ability at present and, given that the development period has been long, I'm probably going to wait until we get to 4 stages and a significant chunk of content.
Makes sense. See you then ;)

Mr. Bigshot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

anyone got save data of the latest demo? i'm kind of stuck and can't go any farther ^^; XDDD

OP
TitanAnteus

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

how do I plat the game? Been too long since I played one of the first demo
What do you mean? Do you need the controls or something else?

koitchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

a save would be awesome! thanks