What's new

[WIP - Full] Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobloop

Reputation score
Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

I really enjoyed what's translated of the game, really nice work! I tried to check assembla for updates today though, and I couldn't get it to load properly... is anyone able to access the assembla page?

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I really enjoyed what's translated of the game, really nice work! I tried to check assembla for updates today though, and I couldn't get it to load properly... is anyone able to access the assembla page?
yep, no problems here =/

sacredfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

weird. Guess it's just me then
No i had the same problem. I just created an account and signed in and the link was there. The blank site doesn't really tell you anything.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

No i had the same problem. I just created an account and signed in and the link was there. The blank site doesn't really tell you anything.
weird stuff ...
what browser are you using, and do you have some addons or sth installed ?

sacredfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

weird stuff ...
what browser are you using, and do you have some addons or sth installed ?
I was on firefox and then tried it on chrome and IE. Only ad blocker on fire/chrome.
If I wasn't clear enough it works for me now. I just had to create an account.

Loikujm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really enjoyed everything that has been translated so far, thanks for the translation habisain, keep it up.

I'll try to do everything in my power to patiently wait for it's completion.

Reputation score

I understand your enthusiasm, but did you really need to go to every single thread and bump them? There's no need to bump 8 month old threads to the top when a PM will do just fine.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I understand your enthusiasm, but did you really need to go to every single thread and bump them? There's no need to bump 8 month old threads to the top when a PM will do just fine.
starting to think if he / she tried to reach quota posting to create a link ...
I wonder if the link will be premium and fake ...
we will just keep watching in here ... :cool:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

starting to think if he / she tried to reach quota posting to create a link ...
I wonder if the link will be premium and fake ...
we will just keep watching in here ... :cool:

he was already able to post links when you came up with the idea that he might spam everything with links in here.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

he was already able to post links when you came up with the idea that he might spam everything with links in here.
but not direct link, right ? ;)
sorry, just extremely hate the faker link giver ...
one of them mess up MEGA in here ...

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is offtopic, but the poster mentioned spammed 20 post's in 20 different translation threads and necro'ed quite a few really old threads in the process - so went from 0 to 20 post's in like an hour. And yes, while they could still post links that weren't clickable... most time spam link bots will try and get to clickable-links, so will spam post's around to get clickable links - usually cuz ppl are too lazy to C&P text rather than just clicking a link.

Anyways, on-topic I'll just say I'm looking forward to whenever the next patch update can be released. Loved what is done so far and grateful that it's still being worked on.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Tried checking the Assemble but it seems they updated their site and it doesn't want to work for me, can't seem to find any information regarding what has been done... Last time I checked there was something about finishing the auction scene I think it was.
Any news on a release for the next patch?
Also anyone know how to view the progress on Assemble after the update...

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tried checking the Assemble but it seems they updated their site and it doesn't want to work for me, can't seem to find any information regarding what has been done... Last time I checked there was something about finishing the auction scene I think it was.
Any news on a release for the next patch?
Also anyone know how to view the progress on Assemble after the update...
Works fine for me, weird. :confused:

30th of October was the last update, about some exhibitionism stuff.

rizo

Reputation score

Ahh okay, I wonder when he plans on releasing the next update. I remember reading he planned on delaying it until until RoboTrans was finished. I hope we can get it soon, it's been so long since I played. :p

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, as there's been a direct question, a direct answer: things haven't gone exactly to plan, due to a somewhat hectic few weeks in real life - and not the good kind of hectic, I should add. I'll be in a better position to judge what's going on soonish, but not quite yet.

Hopefully there will be a new release this month, but I'm not committing myself to that just yet. So as usual, no concrete plans. Just hope and wishes.

rizo

Reputation score

Well, as there's been a direct question, a direct answer: things haven't gone exactly to plan, due to a somewhat hectic few weeks in real life - and not the good kind of hectic, I should add. I'll be in a better position to judge what's going on soonish, but not quite yet.

Hopefully there will be a new release this month, but I'm not committing myself to that just yet. So as usual, no concrete plans. Just hope and wishes.
That's fine, I know that these things happen in life and translations take a back seat for obvious reasons. It's nice to know you're still working on it that's what matters. Fingers crossed we can get it this month like you said, but if not oh well :)

dragons19676161

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i don't find it.. i have issues with the sound? it says im missing some content from the audio

im at the part where u get the indigrents for the witch, after that the teacher grops you and then i get the error that a sound file is missing, the file is in chinese which is the problem i guess.

does someone have a fix for that?

edit : i already tried to get the audio files from the demo but the files are diffrent ( SEH02-ƒuƒ`ƒ…ƒb ) so it's not on chinese. windows 10 problem i guess?

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i don't find it.. i have issues with the sound? it says im missing some content from the audio

im at the part where u get the indigrents for the witch, after that the teacher grops you and then i get the error that a sound file is missing, the file is in chinese which is the problem i guess.

does someone have a fix for that?

edit : i already tried to get the audio files from the demo but the files are diffrent ( SEH02-ƒuƒ`ƒ…ƒb ) so it's not on chinese. windows 10 problem i guess?
It should be: SEH02-ブチュッ.ogg
Looks like something got broken when you extracted it.
Probably issue of extracting without ntleas (applocale in w7/lower).
As I already posted a link with japanese files and small instruction.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=886086&postcount=989

And yes, you need japanese language installed on W10 to make ntleas work and be able to extract archives without getting gibberish.

Hmm... Maybe I should write somewhere whole instruction for W10 about that because I am blind and can't find it or there isn't one (on ulmf).
EDIT:
Here is that instruction http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=898363&postcount=660
I hope I am not blind and there just wasn't one :p

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK, I think it's time for an update, given that it's near the end of the month, and I previously made remarks about trying to get an update out at the end of the month.

Short answer: It's not gonna happen.

Much Longer answer: It's been a hectic month or so due to employment issues. As of a couple of weeks ago, I was made part time (thanks, Brexit! I'm an academic, . I'm not sure if it would have helped my specific case had the vote gone the other way, but it certainly couldn't have hurt.) I've already reduced my costs, but I still need to find some other way of generating money or things will get tricky.

Is this a plea for donations? Categorically No. Leaving aside the fact that I do not solicit donations for my fan translation works due to the ethics of doing so, there's the practical aspect: Donations won't solve the problem, they'd only prolong the amount of time I could go between full-time jobs. And, to be honest, my current experience with donations is that they really don't amount to that much - I can reveal that since 2011, I've received about $250 in donations for RPGMaker Trans, which won't cover a single months rent in the UK. It's a good thing it's a passion project, not a commercial one.

What this is notification of is that things are very hectic for me at the moment. I have no idea on how much time I will be able to dedicate to translation. Progress could be faster, slower, or wildly oscillating. I would certainly like to have the next version of the patch done by Christmas, but again this is an aspiration, not a timetable.

And as to where I am personally: don't worry too much about me. I'm fortunate in that I've got about 4-months of "rainy day" money, and I am still earning some from the part-time work I have. I estimate I've got about 7-8 months to find an alternate source of money before I start to have issues, which is way, way more than most people who find themselves having their employment status being altered. In short: There is a problem upcoming for me, but it's still some way off.

As to what the alternative source of income may be, one consideration is to try and make an adult game Patreon. I know that's somewhat passé, but I've got a few ideas which may be worth pursuing. And it should go without saying, but I'd make sure that I have something that's worthy of going on Patreon before I started asking for moneys for it. But this is probably another topic of discussion altogether - in this topic, it's just an interesting aside for anyone who managed to get to the bottom of this rather long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.