What's new

I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

ultramagic

Reputation score
Re: I'm making a Furry game! (Or trying to anyways!)

Nice to see the furry contingent of this blog get some more representation. Like the spites and cg but can only see the first images for some reason along with what's on blogspot.

I assume because there is a female infected rat the game will have some girl-on-girl content? If so, consider me a solid backer of the project as furry, lesbian, and erotic sprite games are three of my big fetishes:D. Keep up the excellent work!

Edit: didn't realize I could access fur affinity while on site. Looks like my question has already been answered. Yes!

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Soooo are you still in development? What's going on, are you okay Dragunovrat? :confused:

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

updates on blog

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Soooo are you still in development? What's going on, are you okay Dragunovrat? :confused:
Sorry for the lack of updates on here lately, I didn't want to drum up too much expectation for the game when a lot of the progress being made isn't really that visible; for the most part I'm plugging away with coding and such, learning how to get what I want to work in the game like momentum for running/stopping, centering pixels to each other for stuff like the rope climbing, etc etc.

Also I didn't want to keep spamming this place with inconsequential stuff just so I could keep getting bumped or something, would feel a bit mean xD But I appreciate the concern and the interest buddy, it's things like that that make me happy I'm doing this :)

updates on blog
And thanks KWG, very much appreciated you letting people know about that! Thanks also for commenting, as I just noticed you had xD I need to get out of my lurker mindset of updating things!

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Apologies for the double post everyone, but after replying to the last one I realized just how long it had been since uploading any new info here, at least tangibly; as such I've put up a few more WIP animations onto FA (all SFW, sorry guys!) which I thought I'd share, let you see I'm still working away at this :)

We've got a few new Animations for Amber:

And a compilation of the progress I've been making with enemy animations:

It's been great fun and a great learning experience having to animate different characters and figure out what I want their look to be like in terms of walking about and attacking, and though none of these are 100% complete yet I think as I do this over and over I'm slowly getting a bit more efficient in my work xD

Hope that's enough to whet everyone's whistle for now; while I think of it actually, I posed a question on the Blog a few days back to get people's ideas, without thinking I really should have posted it here instead given everyone's experience in this field!

The demo, as I hope it'll be anyway, will contain 4 regular enemies, 3 of which you can see above and another (the giant rat) whom I haven't started anything new over yet to show you guys; anyway, I want a fifth enemy in there, a 'nuisance' enemy like a bat or a regular sized rat or something similar, that will itself have an H animation to it;I was just wondering if anyone had any particular favorites for those kinds of enemies in these kinds of games?

This isn't going to affect anything particularly, just so as you know, I just wanted to know what everyone else thought worked well in other things they've seen, or even what didn't really work well for them! Any thoughts or opinions welcome ^^

Have a lovely day everyone!

EDIT: Thanks very much to Zilrax, I've uploaded the images to my album on my profile here and will be doing that from now on!

Last edited:

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's looking great. Can I ask you something? How many frames are per animation on average?

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's looking great. Can I ask you something? How many frames are per animation on average?
Thanks! It varies of course, but to give an example the two anthro enemies you see up there's walk cycles number 10 frames each; Amber's crawl animation is 11, sprint animation is 9. So I suppose around 9-10 frames is the average for movement type animations, though of course this is all still subject to changes as things move along, and the longest H animation so far numbers 76 frames total! They'll all probably be of similar length to that, again depending on changes ^^

Hope that gives some insight!

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice, but now that you mention it. I can't see the enemies.. it says forbidden.

I am practicing some animation, and my average is like 10 frames too. And even then it is a lot of work (for me at least), looking that each frame looks right.

About the sex animations. I guess you are using some kind of specialized software right. Flash or something like that?

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice, but now that you mention it. I can't see the enemies.. it says forbidden.

I am practicing some animation, and my average is like 10 frames too. And even then it is a lot of work (for me at least), looking that each frame looks right.

About the sex animations. I guess you are using some kind of specialized software right. Flash or something like that?
No actually, I'm managing on free software currently; I use GIMP to make the actual sprites, save them as .gif files, and then put them into a gif animation compiler thingy called unFreez I believe, not at the pc to check currently!

It certainly does take a while, especially doing it 'old school' as it were, but definitely good fun at the same time :) what kind of stuff are you animating?

Also sorry about the images, I really must find a different site to put them on but I don't know where I wouldn't break some NSFW restriction! Will look into that tomorrow

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

We do have an album system on ULMF if the files aren;t too big?

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

We do have an album system on ULMF if the files aren;t too big?
Oh cool, thanks! I'll check that out, the animations come to under 500kb a piece, sometimes drastically less so; I'll play around with it and edit the posts to include the pictures from there :)

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of info of late; bit of real life got in the way, my housemate had to get an operation on her elbow and I've been trying to help out since; when I've gained a moment or two I've tried to make some progress but it's been more difficult to really show off any of it.

There's one thing though that I thought I'd share; the beginning of the 'floored' grapple move one of the enemies gives:

Not amazing I know, but things are still on the move here!

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Lookin good! No worries on progress. I've been waiting on an update to Project X for years, I think I can wait for this too. ;P

Hope your flatmate feels better soon.

AngMyDee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is so neat, I like It! I hope you will be able to work more on this project as the animations & artworks of the first page are promising : )

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone!

Long time no post, but I have been working on various things, some of which I'll show you below to give some proof I've been working as much as possible!

First off I've been working on things like hud elements, static background objects as well as the level tiles themselves, for example:

and beyond that the most work being done is on the enemies and their... *ahem* interactions with Amber at the minute, to give people some good content to be going with when I put up the Alpha; here's a couple of SFW things just because:

Doing this as a one man operation is pretty tough! Luckily for everyone involved I've invested too much damned time now to not see this through xD

My plans have altered somewhat from what I'd originally intended, in terms of when exactly I put out stuff like Alpha versions for everyone to try; my goal, as you can probably imagine, is to at some point raise enough interest in the game as to allow me to work on it full time through something like Patreon.

I hope the stuff I've put out thus far shows I'm in it for the quality of the product, but of course I can't really expect anyone to have enough info on the game until I put out an Alpha to show things off and let everyone have a go.

So what I was wondering was how you guys would feel about an alpha that, say, wouldn't have real backgrounds to it or necessarily a level that works as a game level would, but would have a bit of content to it and show off the basic mechanics?

I can't say it'll be out soon, but I can definitely say it'll be out sooner than I'd originally intended! I wanted to wait until I'd completely done the first level and release that as the alpha, but as you can imagine that work takes a lot of time and I'd fear this being in development for yonks if I try and make it that perfect.

Also if everyone's okay with a more basic style of alpha I can just focus my work on character animations and coding, and worry about the backgrounds and props later.

So TL;DR I'm still working, hoping to get a bare-bones alpha out at some point, wondering what people think of the idea, working like hell toward the point I can give you guys something cool to try out!

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The animations look great so far. Maybe don't rush it. If the background/environment art is a problem, maybe for the first contact try some small level that doesn't require a lot of environment art.

Can we see an NSFW art from the MC at some point? or it will be until the alpha release? Because I am tempted to do an H-Fanart of her XD.

OP
S

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The animations look great so far. Maybe don't rush it. If the background/environment art is a problem, maybe for the first contact try some small level that doesn't require a lot of environment art.

Can we see an NSFW art from the MC at some point? or it will be until the alpha release? Because I am tempted to do an H-Fanart of her XD.
Good plan yeah; better I give some idea of what the background quality's gonna be like. I'll carry on with that in which case, but make a specific alpha level that'll be a lot simpler!

And if there's demand for it, sure! I don't want to give too much away of course, but I've been meaning to finish off a couple of CGs lately anyway so I'll get one posted up on here soon as I have; all this sprite work has left me a little out of practice but at the very least I can put up a practice drawing of her to whet everyone's beaks.

And also I'd be honored if you wanted to make some fan art, that would really make my day! Just so I've said though, this being the first time anyone's asked, nothing -too- extreme xD like, I dunno, scat or guro or anything like that; not that I'd assume anyone would but it's probably better to put that out from the start right?