What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [吉国大輝 / Yoshiiki] Petals of Rose

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Program Opening is too long, it should be skippable. I could not stand the music of that opening, and I can't go to option to shut it down.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Program Opening is too long, it should be skippable. I could not stand the music of that opening, and I can't go to option to shut it down.
But it is :p
Plays for the first time and after that when game starts it shows:
"press enter to start with intro"
"press x to start without intro"
I assumed some people won't want to listen to that more than once, so I put it in.

Though, one thing that may happen - without saving a game, it may not remember and it's related how sync plugin itself works.
I should have forced syncing just before title screen shows up, so in case someone restarts the game, it's already with skip option.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Small note, because I know some people contacted me only via PMs.
Someone said something about PMs not working (all the time), so if I didn't respond to a PM in 24h, then I didn't get it. Either write here or on discord until those are working again xD

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
This is the image for attack without weapon, version with adventurer clothes and micro-bikini.
Generally rest of clothes are on patreon, but as those are hidden in patreon-only posts to not annoy their nsfw guidelines I may sit later and compile them into one image to post here. If I forget, just remind me, because I need to get some sleep so getting to bed right now.

EDIT:
Click on the image to get full sized one.

Last edited:

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Can we go out of the village in the demo? I just received my weapon and armor but It seem I can go outside.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Unfortunately, no. Only thing that is close to going "outside of village" is a small forest. on the left of it.
Reason being: Battles.
Those require battle images (that I am working on atm) and damaged version of clothes. Not to mention - mobs, because it's another thing that needs to be drawn as I don't want to use default assets.
So it's quite a big amount of pictures that needs to be done.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Unfortunately, no. Only thing that is close to going "outside of village" is a small forest. on the left of it.
Reason being: Battles.
Those require battle images (that I am working on atm) and damaged version of clothes. Not to mention - mobs, because it's another thing that needs to be drawn as I don't want to use default assets.
So it's quite a big amount of pictures that needs to be done.
Ok. So far I like it. Will keep an eye on it.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ok. So far I like it. Will keep an eye on it.
Glad you did like it :D

I am still trying to decide how much stuff (story wise) I should stuff into next release, but it may be dictated by time I have left, as I generally would like to keep releasing stuff on monthly basis. Only thing that is holding everything back are draws... And there are more events in next town... There is a reason why I am spending more than 10h daily on this xD

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ahhhhh forgot to subscribe damn it >.>, just blaming Yoshii for it :p

Can definitely tell the intent & emphasis in the attack portraits, looks nice. I like the top halves :3, but her right leg seems a little odd viewing wise with the left one fading out... The peasant dress and brown (battler?) portraits work though, maybe because of the dress and shinguard lessening the stumpy-ness :D

Anyway I'll play-test the next update, make note of spelling too if you want

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ahhhhh forgot to subscribe damn it >.>, just blaming Yoshii for it :p

Can definitely tell the intent & emphasis in the attack portraits, looks nice. I like the top halves :3, but her right leg seems a little odd viewing wise with the left one fading out... The peasant dress and brown (battler?) portraits work though, maybe because of the dress and shinguard lessening the stumpy-ness :D

Anyway I'll play-test the next update, make note of spelling too if you want
Luckily to mee, attack images won't be shown long enough on screen - often? yes - So a lot of people won't see a lot of details xD
Demo was released for everyone to enjoy and see. Bug hunting is fully on the dev, not player, it's the player's choice to share any :D

Though, I have been thinking. Mostly about pirating and bug hunting and I think I have some nice words on that, will leave it for next release.
Also, if you will play this demo, copying over saves may not work as I changed more than few things in regards to those pre-demo :p

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
More battle poses, magic attack is done, two left.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is a poll regarding next update, it's public.
In any case: poll that's not on patreon:

Also, I know I could just edit my previous post, but... well, bumping :p

Last edited:

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Ho It seems I'm the first one to vote on strawpoll:D!

That's just... funny...

Hum, well, voted!

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ho It seems I'm the first one to vote on strawpoll:D!

That's just... funny...

Hum, well, voted!
Every time I try to post "first!" and then got my comment as second or fourth... Good for you and thanks!
Well, without sugarcoating, it may have to do something with not many people knowing or being interested in the game. Nothing you can't fix (to a point) with work and content xD

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Every time I try to post "first!" and then got my comment as second or fourth... Good for you and thanks!
Well, without sugarcoating, it may have to do something with not many people knowing or being interested in the game. Nothing you can't fix (to a point) with work and content xD
Maybe it's because I live in France so the time difference made the American continent sleeping during my vote.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Looks like was just the time zone difference, a good amount of votes now. :p

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Looks like was just the time zone difference, a good amount of votes now. :p
Could use some more patrons looking at votes xD
That aside, so far those poll results are opposite to what I expected... Oh well, only means that next update will be bigger.
Though, I am going to release complete download and just updated files to lower the size for people that have demo downloaded, so don't remove it guys, no need >_>

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Quite enjoyed the demo, actually been awhile since I last enjoyed an RPG maker themed game. I'll subscribe to the discussion so I don't miss out on demo's :)

There is but 1 scene that I've missed, mind giving any clues on the scene between the Vizar/Bar according to the recollection room?

Also, seeing as games are slowly making their way onto steam, if your project does kick off. Could we see a possible release on that platform as well? Giving the success of Melty's Quest and Fallen, can't say it wouldn't be a bad idea seeing this too in the future.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Quite enjoyed the demo, actually been awhile since I last enjoyed an RPG maker themed game. I'll subscribe to the discussion so I don't miss out on demo's :)

There is but 1 scene that I've missed, mind giving any clues on the scene between the Vizar/Bar according to the recollection room?

Also, seeing as games are slowly making their way onto steam, if your project does kick off. Could we see a possible release on that platform as well? Giving the success of Melty's Quest and Fallen, can't say it wouldn't be a bad idea seeing this too in the future.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, that's the main point :D Somewhat I can guess where this issue with RPG Maker games comes from, I went through a lot of them and trying to not do things that annoy me. So far seems I am more or less on right track, hope this trend won't change :p
Well, to be honest, I doubt there will be any other public release than this demo, generally because patreon is set up to give latest version to 1$ pledge... But, then again, for people that just want to check out on progress without risking any money, I bet you will find it easily somewhere on the web xD

Sure thing, will leave that in spoiler below.

Personally was thinking about that, but it's something for the future. For now my main focus is on finishing the game, then comes idea of steam release (and censoring it for steam, because that may take a big chunk of work), but not before redoing all art as my skills slowly gets better so I want everything to be consistent. Though, that's still another thing to be done after game is finished or before final release.

Also, a small request, if anyone wants to ask about some parts of the story and you think it may be a spoiler, use [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] (remember to remove spaces) to not... well, spoil it for others xD
Also, maybe at some point I will write a simple walkthrough on all routes.
To get that scene, you must do one of the bad routes. If you started working as a Maid before this, you lost your chance. Warning however, it's a rape scene and it's not one of the "she enjoys it so much, she loves it", well... in a way it is, but mostly isn't. It's one of the times when game gets quite dark. Also, as it is one of possible route branches, keep it on another save file. Anyway, divided it to few more spoilers in case you want to figure it out yourself after initial point:
When Rose enters Sedara for the first time, there is a house on the left (next to Guard), go there and talk with the man.
Further spoilers:
After talking with Albert, Rose realizes she can use that diary to blackmail Chief's wife and get some extra coin, to get that scene, go for blackmail.
Last spoiler
During first encounter with Elsha, Chief's wife, Rose will get an option to show her the diary and start blackmailing her or gather more info and do it then. For that extra scene, chose option to not wait and blackmail her now. Then just continue normally and you will see what happens at some point. Final point of the route will also depend on other choices, it's one of the influencing variables.

Last edited:

scottdemon94

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thank you, got to check out the scene but there was a bug I encountered during it. Throughout the scene I was getting loading error Failed to load: Img/pictures/S0M3H4.png which I checked and never had the image. Which led to not being able to continue after the scene as the screen just stays in a stance of showing the error and anytime I hit retry I get "Now Loading" for a few seconds and come back to the same error.

Also I know it's in very pre-alpha stage, I was just curious if you were considering steam release in the future or not. I still look forward to testing future demo's :) Good luck with the game!