What's new

Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

Its like peope just realized that its possible to do flash lulz.

well gl, and have fun.
Fail.

Flash is easy. It's the graphics that most of us can't do. Now we have someone to do graphics, thus coding in the actionscript won't be a wasted effort.

E

Exofluke

You should really throw in some more frames. It may take more time, but it'll be worth it.

EDIT:

also, why not just give her some jungle shoes or something? It'll give you a reason to leave the feet alone. =P

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

we would if this game was sponsored by nike.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Post removed.

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i was planning on asking you to do some music... on the other hand that sounds like a cross between sonic and bejeweled. still its not like we've got any solid documentation to work off yet.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

i was planning on asking you to do some music... on the other hand that sounds like a cross between sonic and bejeweled. still its not like we've got any solid documentation to work off yet.
You say that like it's a bad thing?

I'll admit I'm not really sold on the piano part, but those are some afro-Brazilian drum and bass rhythms.

YOU'RE HURTING MY FRAGILE ARTIST'S EGO.

(While I'm not a drama queen about it, I do actually have a rather fragile artist's ego. I have long periods of "Everything I do sounds like ass" where I'm thoroughly unproductive. Y'know, like all artists on the interwebs, regardless of medium.)

I do ask for more useful feedback in the future :p

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

well i blame it more on not having anything to work off and just taking a shot in the dark.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

*shrugs* I thought "hmm... jungle girl huh... that'll need some jungle rhythms... "

I looked through my library of drum rhythms until I found one I liked (I'm not great at writing drum parts. Dun worry, its public domain). Then the I heard the outro bar it adds automatically and went "Hey, I could use that" and modified it to flow in a loop more.

With the drum track set, I moved on to bass. I thought of what I wanted to do and began programming it in. Then I realised what I was programming was rhythmically not what I was thinking of, so I sat down and worked it out. I finished the first half and listened back to it, and it turned out the second half of the bar sounded more awesome than what I was going to do so I left it as it was.

Then I put some basic chords over the top.

edit: Oh yeah

The reason for this post being that this is usually how I compose. I take something as a basis to build from, find something I like to fill that basis and work from there. There is of to make it onto the radio or become a commercial success :p

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

What program are you using?
Me? Sibelius. It's more of a notation program than a MIDI composer, which is why I fail at drum parts; I have only a basic idea of what note type where makes what sound, and it's awkward getting the different note heads.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Isn't Sibelius meant more as a means to compose than to actually synthesize music? Just asking... Anyways, try downloading Hammerhead for the drum parts. It's easy to use.

E

Exofluke

Ya know... I do draw...

If you need help with maybe... backgrounds or something? I'm not sure I'd do any good at animating things, but depending what it is... I could possibly help.

I have a lot planned, however I also need little side projects to keep my occupied from my main projects. If I just have main projects, then I get lazy and unfocused. Helping draw something should be a nice small project to keep me active. =3

It's up to you guys, of course.

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've never made a scrollable midground before, so if you want to make that and/or the static background, that would be most helpful. (see Alias's post on the last page as well as the original game)

I'm not too concerned about the appearance of her feet as there will be a moving layer of undergrowth that hides them, at least until she's suspended off the ground in one of the special three-of-a-kind combos.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

A scrollable background isn't all that difficult, you just need to make sure both ends link up together so that it looks natural. I can help out with the backgrounds as well if you want multiple people chipping in.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Isn't Sibelius meant more as a means to compose than to actually synthesize music? Just asking... Anyways, try downloading Hammerhead for the drum parts. It's easy to use.
..yeah? I can still do what I need to do through it though, and I'd rather be working with a program I'm familiar with than working out a new one. And I have enough to work with drum parts wise that I don't think I need to get a new program.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

well we do need backgrounds something like this:

static background (jg just had blue here or some such)
scrolling midground (trees i guess)
scrolling foreground (grass by the feet or some such)

other things we need will be a library of dirty noises as it would never be the same without those.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

And I know it's probably difficult, but please *try* and make said naughty noises fit. Nothing bugs the hell out of me more than 1. Listening to the same library of moans over and over again and 2. Hearing clear shrieks and moans when, say, someone's giving a blowjob. Admittedly, I play a lot of those silly Meet and Fuck games and I swear the guy has one freaking sound loop for all the sex scenes, no matter what you and the girl are doing and given that you have to go through a lot of sex in those games, I eventually reach the point of "where's the mute button?"

Now, granted, I've done a bare minimum amount of video editing in my time and I know what a pain in the ass dubbing can be, so I can understand why folks take the simpler route but as audience for said games, I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

And I know it's probably difficult, but please *try* and make said naughty noises fit. Nothing bugs the hell out of me more than 1. Listening to the same library of moans over and over again and 2. Hearing clear shrieks and moans when, say, someone's giving a blowjob. Admittedly, I play a lot of those silly Meet and Fuck games and I swear the guy has one freaking sound loop for all the sex scenes, no matter what you and the girl are doing and given that you have to go through a lot of sex in those games, I eventually reach the point of "where's the mute button?"

Now, granted, I've done a bare minimum amount of video editing in my time and I know what a pain in the ass dubbing can be, so I can understand why folks take the simpler route but as audience for said games, I thought I'd throw my two cents in.
copper there is a simple solution and fortunately enough you raised to topic so you volunteer.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't have a microphone. You're shit out of luck.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

*sad faces* why you swearin at me copper...

anyway it is an option, but still getting those sounds sorted out is for someone other than me as i don't have the required resources to do it.