BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark - In Character

Dasyra
Everfrost
Tag: Lyra

Allowing herself to be dragged through the freezing halls by the eager zombie girl, Dasyra nodded her understanding to the first room.

"Ah, this is your room then. That's good. It seems nice."

She then looked at laboratory door and touched the ice on it.

"Frozen. Hmm. I guess I'll visit it later when I have something to melt this ice away. I'm sure there's all sorts of interesting things in there. Thanks for showing me."

She didn't want the zombie girl to feel too embarrassed about leading her to a blocked doorway. She wondered if Ventus was knowledgeable in alchemy, or if this was some other sort of laboratory - and perhaps if there were other persons here that used this place.

The last room that Lyra led her to was of interest to the elven ranger. The commander's room - this must have been Ventus' room. But if these rooms were labeled in elvish fashion, did that mean that Everfrost had been an elven outpost this deep underground? She'd never heard of high elves doing such a thing, even in all her years.

"So dusty," she observed. "She's not been here for sometime. I imagine it's because she doesn't like being reminded of the past. She was a champion of my people, a woman with a title like hers would have had a lot of weight and expectation on her shoulders. Something bad must have happened for her to have reacted like this."

Dasyra wiped dust away to reveal the inscription on the portrait. "Ventus Darkbane, protector... saviour from the unliving plague. So she was a sworn defender against the undead... like me." She turned to Lyra. "No offense. You seem nice enough. And apparently, I'm slated to join your ranks, if the mistress has her way."

The harp began to play and the sad elven music hauntingly filled the halls.

"Beautiful and sad, it makes me miss my homeland even more. Perhaps I should clean this place up."

As an elf, Dasyra did not have the urge to sleep, so while the rest of the fortress drifted off, she set about setting things aright in the commander's room. She found a broom that she had been using before and began to dust and sweep everything that she could, taking care not to ruin anything more than age and - she suspected - Ventus had already done. Having done this, she felt the need to then enter her trance. She meditated for four hours and, once rejuvenated, continued with her self-appointed cleaning duties. She beat out the dust from the covers and sheets, or slated them to be thrown out if they were beyond further use.

"Hrmm. Maybe I can arrange to get some better furnishings at some point." She mused. She didn't know why, but she wanted to restore Ventus' pride in the good parts of her past. She was someone to be proud of, as a living elf, and now that another high elf was here who could understand what she had meant to the eldest people, she was determined to make the death knight reconsider an alternative to everlasting death.

"At the very least, maybe it'll help you shrug off that big ol' chip on your shoulder," Dasyra murmured as she cleaned.

During her trance and as she worked, the elf pondered what she knew of the history of her people, particularly around 600 years ago and the unliving plagues. She wanted to see if she knew what had happened at that point, and maybe further identify her mistress' past.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Tag: Dasyra

Lyra remained more calm than usual at the elfs suspicions about Ventus past. She did puff her chest up a little when there was talk about fighting the undead, huffing in an almost pouty manner. The room was dusty and, in due time, Lyra actually fled from Dasyras cleaning enthusiasm, decades of dust being removed, to reveal an elven ceremonial blade, half rusted away through time and an armor that may have once looked like the one in the portrait, but had now been mostly destroyed by time.. and perhaps more, for elfish craftsmanship was not made to break after just a few dozen years of neglect. Apart from that, there was little of interest, a few books had been overcome by age and Dasrya did not feel like digging through half rotten pages right now. The sheets themselves could maybe be used, though the bed was ready to be thrown out, cracked in the middle.

600 years were a fair amount of time, two generations even for the long lived elves. There had been many battles and strife in this time, primarly with the orcish clans. She dimly remembered an undead threat, yes, but it had been averted. Names.. places and dates, it was mostly gone. Perhaps the library of the fortress was of elven origin too and held further answers.

When she awoke, she'd find a tablet by her side, with a glass of slightly icy looking water, simply bread and dried, salty looking meatstrips on top of it. Someone had tried to arrange the meatstrips to make a smiley face. With one eye.

(no knowledge history or nobility, even taking ten wont get you far)

Das DM
Lorelais Dream

The Rustmonster kept wiggling as she put on the bandages, its antenna puffing up with enthusiasm as it chirped happily, but slowly it began to grow, requiering more and more bandages. Finally, it raised one hand to pose with a clear: "Booyah!"

"Booyaaah?" tried the zombie again, peeking down at Lorelai. Brand was happily slumbering at her feed.. had her grown a little bigger?

The zombie cheerfully presented a tablet of food, with a glass of slightly icy looking water, simply bread and dried, salty looking meatstrips on top of it. Someone had tried to arrange the meatstrips to make a smiley face. With one eye.

DM
Tag: Lena

Lena awoke, but although she found herself aroused in the morning, Ventus was not there right now. Instead, the ghostly butler peeked in briefly. "Oh hey, morning. I have brought you sustenance so you can go on your next mission." She said calmly, presenting a tablet with a glass of slightly icy looking water, simply bread and dried, salty looking meatstrips, neatly sorted in a row.

Ventus Nightsong
Everfrost, her throneroom.
Tag: All

After you had eaten, you'd find Ventus in her throne room, sitting upon the throne, as if nothing had changed from when you left her. She nodded calmly. "You have surely realized that your numbers have dwindled. I have .. returned.. some of you that were unwilling to stay. I am not certain their fate is better, but as much as I wish to own beauty, I do not wish to own suffering as well." She regarded Lena with a long glance, then went on. "That takes care of the money issue twice over, though .. it is as well you procured the staff. Sylvie reminded me that you require food.. how inconvenient.. and might require equipment to perform best.

But that is not why I have gathered you. What you told me yesterday of the staff found at the earthen tomb was.. concerning. I have checked up on these things, and indeed, two other temples have been robbed, both on the surface. The attackers.. there is a suspicion, but it is unclear. As taking the earth-staff would make you a target of potential foes, I wish to investigate."
Ventus nodded. "Things should be calm at the fortress for a half day the least and I can lead the way to an underground river, which in turn shall lead us to the Water-Temple. Strategically thinking, it would be the most likely target for a strike soon, the earth last, that gives us a little time.. Oh.
If any of you wish to wield the staff you recovered as weapon, so be it. It has the power to grow plants faster, entangle foes if there is undergrowth to use and even speak with plants like druids would."
The Deathknight nodded, presenting the staff.

"You will accompany me and guard my back. I heard some of you express a desire to get close to me and I shall oblige. But... its not like I can share dinner or bedtime stories. Conflict is what I most excell at. Do you have any questions?" She invited.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Lorelai
Room of Napping
Tag: Lyra

Lorelai blinked in confusion at the growing rust monster before seeming stunned as it said boo yah. Then she opened her eyes.

She looked up into Lyra's face, yawning a bit, and getting her bearings. Brand seemed... Bigger? How long did they take to mature? She really needed to ask around about that.

"For me? Thank you, Lyra." She accepted the tablet as she leaned up, considering the zombie. "I didn't imagine the kitchen was kept functioning enough to make bread. If you had to fix it, well, thank you even more, I suppose. Is there somewhere I am to be today? I'll need to perform my prayers and feed Brand before I arrive. Need to fix my weapon I fed him."

Lorelai thought to herself she should consider going through the kitchen and fixing it up at some point. In the meantime, if nothing else came of it, she'd concentrate on praying, then trying Make whole on the stick of her mace to see if that would create a new mace head for it from nothing. Otherwise guess she'd need a wizard or a new weapon since she'd have to feed her last mace to the rust monster.

Regardless afterwards she'd eat her food.

Once she ended up directed to the throne room, Lorelai listened to the talking, nodding.

"Given means to research I could probably give you means to simulate life a bit better. Useful for disguises but possibly useful as well. That or I research into undead cuisine. I know a faith of necromantic gluttons who work on such things. They could probably advise me on such. In any case sounds like I'll be bringing my shrine with me then to maintain the desecration aura for your benefit."

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Everfrost
Tag: Ventus eventually

Stirring from her trance, the elf noticed the comically arranged plate of simple food that had been brought to her. Lyra's efforts to be nice amused her, and she ate thankfully, only now realizing how much her stomach was suffering.

Her efforts at restoring the room had revealed the old blade and armor that had undoubtedly belonged to Ventus. Something worse than time had dulled and decayed them. She determined that her next bit of downtime would revolve around the library. More understanding of history was required.

After her meal, she rejoined the others in the throne room, where Ventus addressed them all.

"Then how about bedtime stories about wars, or a food fight, mistress?" Dasyra joked, hoping the death knight would see the humor in involving the undead mistress in the pastimes of mortals. The next words, she spoke in elvish.

<"It will be nice to serve as your guard, mistress. As a protector of our people, you would have been a fearsome combatant even before gaining the advantages of undeath that you have now. What small protection I can give you in return, I shall.">

She bowed her head respectfully.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Tag: Lorelai

While Lorelai ate her food, Brand gladly devoured the tablet itself, then scuttled after her with the same curious innocent as he had displayed before. With some effort on her morningstar she almost managed to restore it, before the forming metal head fell to dust once more (ad hoc caster level check failed.)

Lyra lead her to Ventus, then wandered off somewhere.. Lyraesque.

Ventus Nightsong
Everfrost, her throneroom.

"I am not ashamed of my nature.. though.. I did not know of undead cuisine. Food does nothing for me." Ventus tipped her chin briefly.

"A .. food fight? Food makes for awful weaponry.." That one flew right over her head. "I guess in my years I have made a few interesting stories, yes.. I could try that yes, though it seems a bit patronizing to tell you stories as such..."

She responded in elven. "Thank you, we all can use an aiding hand, no matter how small it may seem to us."

She then stood up, stepping to pick up her blade and turning at her slaves. "It seems you are all ready to head out then? We may not find a safe resting place along the way, and while I am strong against water elementals, it will be their homeground advantage." She nodded, solemnly, sheathing her blade over her back and looking over to you.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Lena Weiss
Everfrost
Tag: Self, then all

When Lena woke the following morning, she yawned and raised up, before stretching. "T-Thanks, I appreciate that," Lena stammered out as she yawned.

With that, Lena started eating her breakfast and after she'd finished up she headed for the throne room with her gear on, yawning again and feeling a slight bit more tired than she normally did. Finding not as many of the others as before, Lena looked up at Ventus curiously, before she explained what had happened, and she nodded in understanding, blushing when Ventus looked at her, but smiling softly. After hearing Ventus out, Lena stood at attention a little bit and gave her another nod, before looking over to the others to see what they had to say, before she spoke any herself.

"And you could use the staff to help grow us food, I suppose anyway. Even if we're the only ones that might be eating any here, it could still be good to stock some, for guests that do, o-or even to trade maybe," Lena suggested to Lorelai.

"And mistress... I am ready to serve as well. I wish to make you proud, a-and if possible... happy. [Everyone deserves happiness,]" Lena said after a few moments, the last part in elven as well.

She was ready to go however, but before the others were ready to actually leave, she moved over to Lorelai and sighed softly a blush slowly creeping up her face. "L-Lorelai... I... I might need your help later. L-Last night, the mistress and I... w-well she and I did... things, together, in the bed. The moment she... y-you know, finished, and I s-swallowed it down, I felt weak... and drained. Is there anything you can do to help me out? Because when I woke back up this morning too I still felt a bit weary, despite the sleep," Lena stammered softly to Lorelai, the blush turning her face mostly red in embarrassment.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai
Everfrost

Lorelai grumbled with a sigh as her mace almost came to and then fell apart. "Well, guess I'm down to my silver mace for the time being. Guess I'll have to get a wizard to solve this. I'll never understand how wizardry seems to be so much more powerful than powers from the gods themselves. Is my goddess angry at me?"

Once at the throne room, Lorelai tapped her cheek. "Well no, not in the traditional sense you do not. But this particular sect seems to hold consumption and revelry in high regard. Something about just because ones dead doesn't mean they need abandon all trappings of it? I admit that I didn't pay the fullest attention at the time. Best I can figure, their goddess is not the ambitious type, and simply wants her faithful to do whatever they wish regardless of others opinions on the matter. It's a little too... wishy washy for my tastes. Not full out ridiculousness like some, but enough to annoy me. Still, I've worked with them before. Their mastery of disease was more to my interest for my studies as a healer."

She shakes her head, "I'm rambling. In any case, if you've means to get a message out perhaps you should communicate with the Urgathoan faith. They've fairly similar views on love to your own goddess by my understanding, though hedonism tends to be more their focus. And their use of disease might be very effective against rampant life forces."

Once Lena approached her, Lorelai sighed a bit. "If you had come to me immediatly when you got up before I prepared my spells I could have aided you. I can help, but not until tommorow. I'm not a wizard, I can't simply prepare spells willy nilly. You'll just have to tough it out until then. You're not nearly as bad off as you could have been frankly, but well... I'm not sure why you'd expect otherwise in bed with an undead? I'm not sure there's a type that wouldn't end with you missing something by the end. Well. I guess a zombie in theory? Depends on the type. It's not something I focused on at all."

She paused a moment then considered. "Mistress, is it your sword that's making typically mindless undead sentient? I'm trying to figure out how that's done except via the standard sentient undead creation magic. It's a bit of a serious hinderence on my abilities as a necromancer to be unable to necromance at this time. Not that I... Have any bodies to do it with at the moment... But I'm sure I can find something easily enough."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Everfrost
Tag: Ventus and companions.

"No, no... you see you said you were more about fighting than food, so if we combined the two activities then maybe... oh, nevermind." The elf gave up trying to explain her joke. She felt awkward. Like she just wasn't connecting with Ventus in a way that maybe others were.

She inclined her head in the way that elves were meant to address those in Ventus' mortal position, and made sure that her present gear was all in place.

"I am ready to scout ahead and provide ranged cover, my Lady." Dasyra said. She was still pondering if she should bring up the name Darkbane with Ventus. Likely at one point she would, but not now, as they were heading out. Perhaps when next they returned to Everfrost for some downtime, the elf would bring up the subject.

"Use me as you will," she said with a tad more earnestness than maybe was appropriate.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ventus Nightsong
Everfrost, her throneroom -> Underdark caves

"Nothing grows in the icewaste, and beyond, it is dangerous to have any living things, or consume any food.. I guess you could build a little garden away from the frost, if you wished to take this risk.. There is always an option that allows you to exceed mortal limitations like this as well." Ventus nodded. The undead elf shrugged slightly as Lena continued to affirm her wishes for servitude.. it seemed what had happened last night had more of an impact than it should on a death knight, as she seemed to purposefully avoid the topic, moreso when Lena approached Lorelai, as she turned to adjust her gear instead.

"Interesting." She regarded Lorelais story."I'd like to hear more, yes.. it sounds a bit laxidaisical for me as well, but I can appreciate the sentiment to some degree. .. Undeath is a .. Undeath need not be a curse." She nodded.

"You shall get the word out for me, you seem to know more about them. Write me a letter of request and I shall have it delivered." She nodded.

Lyra peeked out of a corridor when Lorelai spoke of zombies. Ventus walked over to give her a hug and calm her, explaining they'd travel and not to wander too far trying to follow them.

"Ah? Oh yes, my blade can grant sentience to undead, among other things. If you find one so be it, but I'd prefer you only bring this blessing about those you care about or.. .. haah.. at least desire." She nodded, with a brief sigh.

"Thank you, Dasyra, I.. it is in part painful, in part wonderful to have one who will know basic elfish battle tatics by my side." The commanders head shifted slightly at the combination of proper respects and subservience and the offer to use her as she wished.. "Use you as I will?" She approached, a lustful grin upon her lips for a brief moment, as she reached out, brushing back a lock of the elf. "Perhaps I'd have you sing songs for me as..

We should head out."
She nodded, then stepped forth, leading the way. If you follow after her you are treated to another view of that beautiful, round elfish ass swaying slightly before you with Ventus fast stride.
Lena and Dasyra notice that you are being followed by Lyra for a short while, but she breaks off, seeming to be scared to leave the frozen area.

While on the way, Ventus would happily continue any discussion, but also lead you on, at a fast, disciplined pace. Her way lead down a different tunnel than you had used to get to the earth temple or arrive here, and soon, there was the noise of water in the distance.

You arrive at an underground River, rushing deceptively fast and cold through the caverns, its water having hollowed out its own path.

Before you can approach too far, you hear an angry chittering, as a large, bipedal bug creature (Knowledge dungeoneering will reveal its an umberhulk) approaches, seeming hungry for what you are, delicious looking fresh meat.

As it closes in, however, Ventus eyes light ablaze with blue fire and she reaches for her blade, as something shifts around her. The Umberhulk cringes, then rushes, running away in a panic. While you are not as affected, you still feel a sense of lingering dread creeping along your spines.

Before you can ponder this much however, Ventus steps foward, looking at the river, her aura calming down mostly as she re-sheathes her blade fully. "Downstream lies the underground area of the water temple. I could simply freeze the river, but that would indubitably alert them to our coming. If any of you have a better suggestion other than swimming I'll take it.. I can simply walk the riverbed, but for you three, the waters are wild and dangerous, there are sharp stones and creatures that might prey upon blood freshly drawn." She nodded, looking at you three.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Underdark Caves

"I am no bard or minstrel, my Lady, but if there is an elfsong you would like me to sing for you, you need only request it. Or if there is a song you would like to teach me to sing for you, I would do this as well, and gladly so."

Dasyra didn't know why she was gushing over Ventus. Okay, that wasn't true, she knew very well that she was attracted to the deathknight. Perhaps even moreso the glorious elf battlemaiden she had been in life. And she still recalled those feelings she'd had at the auction, with her mouth wrapped around the mistress' cock. It was agonizing, dealing with this lust for a woman who considered her a slave and spoke openly about wanting to kill her. This was the kind of insane lust that perhaps Evening Glory spoke of. She needed to discipline herself more. Yet still, what harm was there in singing a song or two?

"The problem is that you want to sing it to her in bed, you trollop..." Dasyra muttered to herself under her breath.

---

When the reached the riverbed, Dasyra stooped and touched the water to test its temperature.

"I can swim, but it's not a good idea for those of us with armor. Is there no other approach to the water temple, mistress? Or is it possible to wade in the shallows?"

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ventus Nightsong
Underdark River
Tag: All, Dasyra primarly

The water was infact, freezing cold. Swimming in it might endanger you of hypothermia as well, a fact Ventus had likely not thought about. "Its a shame you are not a bard, you know, the greatest of elfish bards, in death they can become a rare, powerful kind of banshee.." Was that what Ventus had been going about?

"Is something wrong?" She hadn't quite heard the muttering, but looked at Dasyra for a moment with strong, yet calm eyes. "This is the Underdark, there are no shallows.. While there is another way, that one holds great danger on its own.." She mused. "We'd have to traverse mindflayer territory."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Underdark
Tag: Ventus

"I would prefer to be more corporeal. It seems to me that a banshee wouldn't be able to enjoy the physical things, like a kiss." Dasyra remarked. She blushed at Ventus slightly overhearing her self musings.

"Uh... I was just regretting that I was not a bard then, my lady. It seemed like that would have pleased you better..."

She stood and shook away the water from her hand.

"This water is nearly freezing, my Lady. As mortals, we would risk hypothermia by swimming or even treading in it. It seems our choice is to either ice over the river and give up the element of surprise, or head through the mindflayer territory - not something I am keen to do.

"Is there not a way to be diplomatic about this? Do we necessarily have to fight against the guardians at the water temple? If not, the icing of the river may be the best course of action. But Lena or Lorelai may have a different or better plan."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ventus Nightsong
Underdark River
Tag: All, Dasyra primarly

"Hmnn you are propably right. I mean, Sylvie can posess others but.. Hmnn. Yet what other undead could fit your beauty.." Ventus mused for a moment and the glance that she shot Dasyra was more than a bit sexual for just a moment.. though she kept herself contained.

"No.. no, it is fine. I am sure you can serve me as you are. Don't take this as criticism, just .. the fantasies of an old Deathknight." She crossed her arms, realizing. "Oh yes.. I forgot about that.. apologies. As I said, I can briefly freeze the river. As for diplomacy.. I intend to try, but.. Well, most elementals do not meet undead welcomingly, furthermore, you yourselfs said that the earth guardians were.. on edge." Ventus shrugged and looked over to the other two.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai
In Transit

Lorelai nods at the request. "I'll need parchment and paper. I'll write it up once we return. I'll probably need to offer something to entice them a bit. I imagine a chance to see several powerful undead of such diverse nature in one place will interest them though. I'll think on it."

Once on their way, Lorelai kept up best she could without complaint, though it had been awhile since she had to force march and her legs weren't what they used to be. Once they arrived though, they had a bit of an issue.

"Mindflayers are those tentacled things that were talking about bimboing us at the auction right? Great. Hm. Water elementals have a huge advantage underwater, and we can't bring torches down there. I could let us breath water but there is no way I can let us all move freely. And if the current is as strong as you say, there's no way that will work out anyways.," ponders Lorelai.

"If the ice is thick enough to support us, it won't be trivial for the water elementals to break it out from under us I imagine. But they probably will try. If I had known ahead of time we were taking a trip to what I assume is an underwater temple I'd have prepared accordingly.," sighs Lorelai, pacing a bit, "Hm. Not an easy answer. Fighting elementals in their... Well, element. It's hard. And while Water elementals are... Slightly less dangerous than earth elementals under most circumstances, fighting them in their natural terrain is even more dangerous than earth elementals. I think it might almost be a good idea to take the time to reorient spells accordingly for our opposition."

She hums and thinks, "In fairness, most things do not meet undead in a friendly manner. But then most undead do not meet others in a friendly manner, so it's a learned response. But I don't think elementals actually care as much about that seeing as they aren't alive in the traditional sense. They seem to view all non elementals of their types as inferiors. Hm. This is a pickle... Mind robbing psychos who probably are certainly mages, then drowning. Or just drowning outright... Pity I can't bring everyone in the air instead. Although..."

She considers, then snaps her fingers. "You said dangerous creatures lurk in the waters, mistress? big ones perhaps? Big enough to swallow several people whole? And could be animated into an undead vessel perhaps?"

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ventus Nightsong
Underdark River
Tag: All, Lorelai primarly

"You shall be provided with." Ventus nodded. "The temple is not entirely under water, I presume.. but do expect to get wet. Water elementals in particular dislike me. Ice is the dying of water, after all. Well to them it is. Animating a 'ship'? Interesting, but the river does not have creatures of that size.. and while it is an interesting idea, my religion forbids we just revive mindlessly for our convenience. Undead are not simple tools." Ventus nodded, then looked at Lena for her input.

"Oh, and I'm afraid reorienting your spells is not an option. Well, it is, but I can not leave the fortress unguarded for long and after what happened to Lena I am loathe to leave you until you have.. adjusted to the underdark." There seemed to be a well hidden hint of disappointment in her voice there.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Underdark
Tag: Ventus, Lena, Lorelai

"Ice thaws and melts with the coming of the sun and spring," Dasyra commented. "If it is the death of water, then truly Death is only a change of a season, rather than an ending."

She paused and considered the idea of traveling in the belly of a lurking underdark creature.

"Voluntarily get swallowed by an undead monster? Maybe we should reconsider the mindflayers..."

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai
Riverside

"It's a moot point since we lack access. And their idea is actually accurate in a sense. I understand ice and steam are actually entirely separate species for elementals, instead of just being different states. Couldn't tell you why or the specifics of it though. Frankly, elementals are weird. But that's to be expected of beings from realms entirely antithetical to our realms life. Even the elemental realms of life and death are equally lethal to us. Like all foreign dimensions, they simply are places not meant for mortals. It's a cruel irony that the perfect balance of our realm allows comers from all other dimensions to survive here. Though not us to survive their coming.," muses Lorelai a bit as she looked out over the river.

"I should probably bring this up now before we begin. Your bows not going to be very useful against our opponents again I'm afraid. Assuming we don't face an elemental of similar size and durability, the problem will be the water. Fully submerged opponents are untargetable by spell or bow from above the waterline. We'll have to face them on their own turf. Of course, we'll be in serious danger either way from drowning, being slowed down, poor weapon choices, and spells not complimenting the situation. Honestly, striking the mindflayers might be the better choice, if only to get corpses to bolster our numbers. All else fails, we flood the water with so many corpses we can walk over them. And having more soldiers to man the walls can't hurt.," muses Lorelai as she crouches by the waters edge, looking it over before pausing.

"Right. No mindless undead. Maybe I need to give up the mantle of necromancer then. It seems our faiths interaction means I simply cannot do what I am trained to do, and that means I am effectively half a cleric with no means to benefit anyone. Something to spend time and prayer upon when this is over I suppose.," sighs Lorelai, looking a little frustrated.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ventus Nightsong
Underdark River

"Well, if you are very precise, Ice is not the death of water if I recall, salt is. It all falls into planetary lore. Steam is water bordering fire, which they loathe, ice is the same but.. I forgot which thought it was negative but now that I think about it.. Either way." Ventus seemed to be well read for a simple knight. Well, she had centuries.

"In a way the seasons do represent the cycle of life, just that I stay in the winter and wait for no spring to come. that said, don't think an eternal spring a good thing. 'Tis what I fight after all. As a fact, I would be at home at the Negative plane, but its a dreary place. I once yearned for Arvandor..
Either way, yes. it is the coming together of all elements that gives mortals their unpredictability and a power that the immortals strive centuries to equal."

"Flooding the water with corpses? Discipline, soldier! While I don't mind a beautiful mindflayer joining our ranks, you need to treat life more respectful, even I do and I only yearn for its passing. The mindflayers are cruel, but still they deserve better than indiscriminate slaughter.
I will not reanimate indiscriminately, and frankly, you should be grateful for that, or we'd not have to worry about this discussion right now."
She exhaled, looking at Lorelai.

"Listen. I've heard words like yours before, seen things like you've done them before and although I have a burning.. compulsion to see you all delivered unto undeath, I will not let this wickedness define me. Whatever .. " her eyes narrowed. "Inconvenience you feel yourself subjected to, know that at every waking moment, and I have naught but those, I yearn to swing my blade to extinguish all life, to bring eternal undeath upon you worms, animate you back to serve... ugh.." Ventus exhaled, closing her eyes that had been burning brighter for a moment.

"Enough of this. If you find one you truly adore and wish not to be parted with, you may reanimate them. Beyond that consider your plans denied."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra
Underdark
Tag: Ventus, Lena, Lorelai

Does Dasyra know what Avandor is?

"No, not spring eternal, but rather an eternal cycle - from spring to summer, and then to fall and a winter that thaws and renews into spring once more. Do you not recall the elven songs, my Lady? Is it not the spring and the summer where love and romance bloom? To be remembered and honored in fall and winter?" She touched Ventus' cold skin with her warm hands.

"And yes, my bow may not be the greatest asset against elementals, but I can wield a blade if needed, and besides, we are not trying to make war with the elementals, we are trying to discover who else may be trying to steal the staves. If stealth is a necessity, then we must brave the mindflayer's abode. If it is not, or if bypassing the elementals is impossible, as it was with the earth elementals, then let us simply freeze the river and walk there, so that we may offer our assistance or attempt communication."

After a pause, she added.

"It is possible that the mindflayers might be interested in this development, as it could affect their own colony too. Perhaps we could attempt diplomacy with them first as an alternative, and they could use their powers to help us access and commune with the water temple guardians?"

Dasyra disliked their chances in combat more and more, given the bitter words of their combat veteran, Lorelai. To her mind, if failure of the mission was not an option, that meant diplomacy and non-combative thinking.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai
Transit

Lorelai sighs, putting a hand to her forehead. "The mindflayers strike me as the type who tear the minds out of their enemies. They'd do that to us. We defend ourselves, they die, then there's bodies. I'm not proposing we just go on a murder spree, simply that bodies is most likely the inevitable result of interacting with those with no respect for the minds of others. But I've already accepted that won;t be done."

She looks over. "But you again misunderstand me. It seems like a theme at this point. I'm not saying take off the restrictions or you change. I am saying I have to change. I'm not entirely sure how a necromancer around undead became a liability but it is simply the fact of the matter. So I simply have to give up being a necromancer. I have two options ahead. Continue on my path and be unable to use it, or find a new path that I can use. That simple. Necromancy is not a required aspect of my goddess. It's something I've a deep affection and skill for, but left as is this will just keep being a point of contention between us. So I'll have to give it up, since it's not like I can just outlive you, or defy you. So I'll need time when we're finished here to retrain and petition my goddess to revoke the powers she gifted me and allow me to serve her in a new fashion."