What's new

Juuban Land (Open)

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Juuban Land (Open)

The reaction of the two remaining schoolgirls was mixed. Upon seeing the rather diminutive Nicholas step to the front and engage his transformation, the blue haired girl's jaw dropped, her eyes popped, and with a raised, pointing finger she stood stunned, repeating:

"Did he just? Is he a? Is she? H-how?"

The red head also looked surprised, but more in fascination than disbelief. And once the perky Aki had joined Nicholas in her stance as a Sailor Soldier and defender of justice, the girl's lips turned upwards into a knowing smirk.

"So, this is the reason we were brought here. All right then. Let's not delay the introductions any further!"

The blue haired girl, who was now just getting over Aki's transformation with another layer of shock covering her, now simply paled several more shades as the third girl stepped forward.

With a toss of her fiery hair, she took a pose and touched a hand to a bracelet that she then brought up to tie her hair back, invoking a transformation as she did so.

"Smoldering Volcanis Make Up!"

The air around her shimmered as though it had been struck by the full force of a desert sun, and the temperature emanating from her direction rose dramatically, though not quite to the point of discomfort. The light around her sparkled brightly, and her body disappeared into it for a few seconds, before reappearing again in a white, red, and black trimmed outfit. While the girl had been pretty before, in her transformed state she seemed slightly older and certainly much more of an idealized, attractive young woman.

"I'm Sailor Volcanis, Sailor Soldier of Heat and Passion!"

The air continued to sizzle slightly around where her boots touched the ground, and her voice sounded more sultry than it had before.

"I think you're right Enceladus, we've been brought together for a reason, and that psychic's not going to be happy once I get to him!"

The blue haired girl just shook her head.

"B-but... I've never... I don't." She looked from one girl to another, and then another. "I've never transformed. I don't even think I... unless..."

The stunned girl slowly rose her hand to a pendent necklace that had been draped about her neck.

"Grandmother's pendent. She told me to keep it close... she said..."

The girl stopped, held the pendant up in front of her eyes, staring at it intensely, with her head slightly tilted to one side as though she were listening to something.

"C-Chalbys? I... a voice said..."

She looked up and into the eyes of the three sailor soldiers in front of her.

"V-Valorous Chalbys Make Up!?" Her brave shout turned into a question at the last moment, as if even in seeing the three previous transformations and in listening to whatever strange voice had just spoken to her, she still could not believe that some sort of power could reside within her.

She was swiftly proved wrong as light surrounded her body and ribbons of something almost quicksilver in quality began to coalesce together around her from the bottom up. In a blinding flash, she stood with them, completing the set of 'queens' in a white and sparkling metallic silver sailor outfit.

"I... I'm Sailor Chalbys! Um... I think? A-and I'm a Sailor Soldier of Determination and Loyalty!" She pumped her fist in an effort to try and affect a cool pose, though it did seem a bit much coming from an unsure girl like she obviously was. Though at least in her sailor outfit, there did seem to be some inner strength shining through.

"Hummm, so all four of you pretties are strutting your stuff?" The mocking tone of the psychic resounded through the hallway. "Well good! That's how it was always going to be! You're all going to look positively mouth-watering when I deliver you back to the Negaverse in chains and ribbons - and nothing else! Now face the shadows of the Yoma Kings! Pitiful guardians of light, don't you know that Kings beat Queens? It's in the cards! Hahahaha!"

"He's really starting to bore me," Sailor Volcanis sighed. "I'm sure we can take these puppets."

"B-but what if Enceladus is right?" Chalbys squeaked. "Maybe there's some trick to defeating this illusion?"

Sailor Tempestas could not notice anything that might indicate there was any way through this other than a fight, but though her body was frail, her spirit and powers were mighty. Surely she and Volcanis could tear these shadows apart?

Enceladus on the other hand did notice on the ceiling of the grand hall seemed to be a beautiful mosaic depicting some kind of story. Four queens and four kings standing side by side, seemingly at peace. Then some sort of looming tide of darkness approached. The kings and queens embraced, and then the kings set off to war against the darkness, while the queens stayed by the thrones and their kingdoms. The kings seemed to get tangled in the darkness, and they appeared defeated....

The mosaic continues, but she would have to go further down the hallway in order to continue observing the story. Unfortunately, going further would bring them in direct contact with the shadow kings, who were still approaching, unfazed it seemed by the Sailor Soldier transformations.

Another double six is rolled in front of Tempestas, but Enceladus rolls a five, which allows her to notice the mosaic. If you're wondering what the other sailor senshis look like, these are the pics I'm basing them on:

Volcanis

Chalbys

Last edited:

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh whoops. XD I thought I had picked purple lol.

Nicholas gave a slight sigh of relief when she saw the other three transform as well. "I am Sailor Tempestas." After hearing their full introductions she was glad she didn't introduce herself as her full title was still much too embarressing. Especially considering her current form.

Looking about the room quickly and using her heightened sense of sight, she quickly searched for a large metallic object. Hoping to find something she could make an electromagnet out of. She didn't look forward to have something swinging a massive sword at her or someone else.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Though she had been expecting it, Sailor Enceladus was still very pleased and excited to see the other two girls transform into sailor soldiers like her. She had come to the psychic's tent looking for answers, and she had instead found others who were in the same situation as her. Even if one of them had even less experience than her, and another was actually a boy just a few minutes ago, Enceladus was feeling better about everything already. She nodded to each of them in turn, glad to have met them all. Of course, there were still the four shadowy figures and the psychic still left to deal with.

As if on cue, the psychic's voice returned to taunt them, and Sailor Enceladus' smile shifted to an annoyed smirk at his words. "Sorry, but I always preferred the Queens in chess! Way stronger than the king, and nowhere near as boring" Not exactly her wittiest comeback, but she felt the need to jab back at him. As she yelled her retort, she looked around the room for the source of the voice, and noticed the mural above them. "That painting on the ceiling might tell us what we need to know if we can see the rest of it," she said, gesturing up before returning her gaze to the shadowy creatures before them. "I'd rather not risk having to fight those things, but I think Volcanis will get her wish before that happens." After thinking a moment, she turned to the others and said, "I think we are going to have to deal with those things even if we can find the trick, but let's focus on trying not to get in range of those weapons first!"

Certain that the mosaic might lend some clue on how to solve the riddle of this illusion, Sailor Enceladus took a step forward before smiling wickedly at the four dark figures before them. "You know what must be a real pain for creatures made out of shadow like those 'Kings'?" she asked sarcastically while she stood tall and straight while holding one hand far up above her. "A little light can drive even the scariest darkness back!" With that, she channeled the power granted to her by her transformation into her hand, small streams of light arcing into her hand before coalescing into a tiny shining ball. Thrusting her hand forward, the ball began to pulse, sending blinding flashes of light out towards the shadowy creatures. As she did this, she slowly moved towards them, keeping the flashing, blinding light trained on them as she tried to inspect more of the ceiling without having to come into range of their attacks.

Sailor Enceladus uses Elemental Control (Level 2) to try to blind or drive back the shadows!. 5 EP

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sailor Tempestas looked about high and low for anything in this illusion world that would qualify as metal. It was tough, as most things were apparently made of stone in this quasi-medieval castle setting, but then she noticed a rather menacing looking, spikey chandelier hanging at the midway point of the hallway. It definitely looked like something she could make an electromagnet out of, but it was attached by a chain to the ceiling, and it was also behind the row of shadow kings who were striding toward them.

Enceladus's elemental control takes effect, intensifying the light beams within the space right in front of the kings. The burst of light does indeed stop the shadows in their tracks, and even pushes them back a bit, with their shadows recoiling. However, it doesn't seem to her that this will hold them for long. The shadows that they are made of are not merely an absence of light. The darkness that is their flesh seems to be something material that actively sucks away light.

Her elemental light has the interesting effect of making the shadow kings around it less able to retain their form, but this leads to the shadow material to strip away into small, monstrous tendrils that mar their humanoid visage.

Eager to get right into battle, Sailor Volcanis strikes a confident, upright pose with her arms and fingers poised in a graceful manner.

"Let's turn up the heat! Volcanis Heat Wave!"

Coming out of her stance with a circular wave of her arms, she places her palms together and then pushes them outward towards the shadow kings. A blistering ray of heat sweeps across the shadow kings, fraying the foes where they stand, ripping the shadow around them. They falter and fade away into nothingness. Volcanis smirks and laughs.

"Ha! Too easy!"

"W-wait... I don't think that's the end of it..." Chalbys says warily.

On the thrones at the far end of the hall, the shadowy figures of the kings reform and immediately stand up again, while the tattered shadow remnants of Volcanis' attack begin to writhe and whip about, seeming like mindless shadow tendrils dotting the middle of the hallway.

"What?! That's so unfair!" Volcanis said, putting her hands on her knees. "That attack took a lot out of me too!"

"At least they're further away again, maybe we'll have some time to think of something else?" Offered Chalbys, doubtfully.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

'Hah! I knew it, Light beats Dark!' Sailor Enceladus crowed to herself, proud of her knowledge of video game elements as the the shadowy Kings cringed away from her power. Her self-satisfaction didn't last long, however, and she watched, disgusted, as the light sheared away strips of the monster's flesh as they emboldened their efforts to withstand her power. Thankfully, she didn't have to look at their horrible visages for long, as Sailor Volcanis' power burned the demons to ashes before her. "Nice job, Sailor Volcanis!" Enceladus cheered, before Chalbys pointed out the shadow Kings reformation.

"Sailor Chalbys is right, Volcanis' attack gave us time to get ready!" Sailor Enceladus said, while looking up at the painting on the ceiling. "Take a minute to rest up!" she told Volcanis, before adding to Sailor Tempestas, "I want to see more of this painting, so we can figure this riddle out! Cover me!" To Sailor Chalbys, she asked, "I know this whole thing is new to you, but do you know about your powers? I think we are going to need your help!"

Running forward while gingerly trying to avoid the writhing shadowy tendrils, Sailor Enceladus stares up at the ceiling. There had to be more to that mural that could tell them how to defeat these monsters! The cards were given to them by the psychic, making her mistrust them, but perhaps they had some significance. Or some kind of power? Maybe if she could see the end of the painted story, she could figure out how to use them.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nicholas frowned as she noticed the chandelier and chain. She realized it would take way too much time to coil the chain about the chandelier. Looking to Enceladus and gave her a nod. "Alright. I have an idea for that." She moved to stand infront of the other woman.

Raising her hand up towards the chain she focused on unleashing a bolt of lightning at it. Using it to cut the chain and hopefully crash to the floor. Should it fall down she would begin to channel as much electricity into the chandelier and chain as possible.

Using Element Control level two to cut the chain and keep it electrified.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Volcanis nods to Enceladus, and straightens up as best she can, a look of determination on her face as she starts jogging forward beside her icy counterpart. Chalbys remains behind, but perks up at Enceladus acknowledging her.

"Oh! Uhm... not r-really? I never did this before. I um... it all feels so new... I think maybe I have a feeling of um..." She continues to stammer and then trails off for a bit, looking unsure at her surroundings.

Tempestas unleashes her lightning bolt, aiming it at the chain and chandelier. Though it strikes exactly as she wanted, the strength of the bolt is not such that it can break through the iron loops of the chain, even though it does heat it significantly and the whole metal contraption is certainly charged.

Chalbys observes Tempestas' action, her head swiveling from the chain to Tempestas, then back again. She taps her forefingers together as she seems to internally debate a course of action, then, scrunching up her face and slightly sticking out her tongue, she puts her thumb and pointer finger together and then with emphasis, brings them apart.

As she does this, the heated chain link that was initially struck by lightning breaks apart and the chandelier falls with a loud clang to the ground, where it is now free to be used by Tempestas.

"Oh hey! That was me!" Chalbys hops a bit in excitement, her skirt flapping as she does so. "I think I can control metal!" she calls after Enceladus, who is already racing with Volcanus down the hall, looking up at the continuance of the mosaic.

After the kings' defeat in the mosaic, the queens are shown to be teary eyed as their kings are drawn away into the darkness, where, in the middle of the swirling storm of shadows, four sinister thrones await them. The kings are tied and bound to the new thrones, where they transform into monstrous versions of themselves. A sharp object is seen puncturing the chest of each king, completing the transformation into a dark warrior. After that, the kings are released and are shown leading a shadow army against their former queens, who are forced to fight them.

The battle goes poorly for the forces of light, and in a last effort, the four queens allow their kingdoms to be overrun while they dive into the darkness, fighting their way to the shadowy thrones. The kings pursue them to the core of the darkness, where the queens seem to sacrifice themselves, sitting on the dark thrones and expending all of their power to destroy the four seats.

As this happens, the kings' noble spirits seem to fight against the corruption, and the four shards of corruption are expelled. In the last panel, it's unclear, but it seems the kings join with the queens, and choose to put all of their own energy into their dying queens, trading their lives to give their queens another chance - but it's questionable if it works... there's no panel beyond showing what becomes of the kings and queens.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Studying the mosaic, Sailor Enceladus bites her lip as she realizes the bittersweet outcome isn't exactly what she had been hoping for. On the other hand, it gave her an idea of what they needed to do to defeat the shadowy monsters. "I-I think we need to destroy the thrones!" she calls to the other sailor soldiers, while looking at the Kings standing before their goal. "We have to get past those creeps, and use our power on them! That was easier said than done, however, since the creatures had already shown that destroying them would send them right back to the thrones themselves.

Just then, a bolt of lightning struck the chandelier hanging above the two sailor soldiers, causing Sailor Enceladus to gasp in surprise. When it came crashing down, she jumped back with a startled, "Whoa!" At the sound of the excited cheering though, she turned to give a congratulatory, "Nice job, Sailor Tempestas, Sailor Chalbys!" Now that all four of the girls had shown off their power, Sailor Enceladus knew that they were capable of fighting the shadow monsters, but as Volcanis had proven, they wouldn't last long. They had to find a way to use their powers to distract the Kings long enough to get by them and attack the thrones, the source of the shadow creatures powers. But perhaps with their abilities with lightning and metal, the other two sailor soldiers could affect the Kings weapons and keep them from attacking. Turning to Tempestas and Chalbys, Sailor Enceladus asked, "Do you think you two can keep those things busy while Volcanis and I get to the thones?" With a glance at Volcanis, Enceladus said, "Things are about to get dangerous, are you up for it?

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

She gave a nod to Sailor Enceladus her mind already racing with ways to keep the shadow things at bay. Turning to Sailor Chalbys and speaking. "Can your control over metal reshape and make it float? I have an idea for a cage." She held her hands apart a moment and and made two circles above each other.

Speaking quickly in chase they didn't have much time. "If we circle the shadows with the chain and have the chandelier floating above it, I can create a cage with bars of lightning." Thinking on the way clouds and storms often build up a static charge and releasing it towards the ground in a bolt of lightning. " The light from the lightning should keep them from moving." Looking to see if the other sailor understood.

If Chalbys did and proceeded with the plan, she readied herself to electriclly charge the top negativetly. While charging the bottom with a positive charge of electricity. Hopefully creating something similar to a lightning storm between the two parts.

Element Control on both parts if Chalbys can make the chandelier float.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Volcanis followed Enceladus' eyes as they scanned the mosaic above them.

"Thrones, huh? Hmm... I suppose it makes sense." She mused softly to herself, with her hand on her chin. When asked if she was up for a bit of danger, she grinned and gave Enceladus a thumbs up.

"You bet!" She said, and followed Enceladus' lead as the two of them moved closer to the far end of the hall, approaching the ominous shadow kings.

"K-keep them busy?!" Chalbys' delight in having broken a single chain link gave way to self-doubt and uncertainty as she sized up the shadow creatures and gave a visible tremble. "I-I suppose we could."

She raised a brow at Tempestas' question. Then quietly turned to the metal chandelier, held out her gloved hands, and again scrunched her face and stuck out her tongue to the side as she tried to concentrate her elemental powers. After a little bit of effort and delay, the chandelier began to shudder, bounce about, and then warp under Chalbys' influence. The electified chandalier inverted itself, as though it were an umbrella popped open by a sudden gale. Then its prongs began to extend, still with bolts of electricity occasionally sparking between them. Slowly but surely a cage of sorts was forming, thought it seemed to be drawing out a lot of Chalbys' energy, and her concentration was completely focused on it.

"I'm not sure I could keep it floating, but I could er... toss it at them, I think!" Chalbys said to Tempestas.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

With a quick glance over shoulder, Sailor Enceladus smiled to Chalbys. "Just believe in yourself, and do your best! You can do it!" she said happily, feeling just like a super-hero now that she and her fellow sailor soldiers had found each other. With that, she ran alongside Volcanis towards the shadowy creatures, her gait slightly bouncy in her excitement.

Knowing she couldn't just expect Sailor Tempestas and Chalbys to do all the work for them, Enceladus stopped a short distance from the four Kings and called to them, "Alright boys, you ready for round two?!" With a smirk, she held her hands over head while focusing on her control of snow and ice. Cold misty air formed around her fingertips as a swift wind swirled towards her, setting her skirt flipping about and her hair whipping wildly behind her. The cold air coalesced into a hazy cloud, which followed her hands as she quickly drove them down to her waist, pointing at the ground. In a flash, the freezing mist spread out around the floor between her and Volcanis and the shadowy creatures, forming a thin coating of frost and ice along the stony floor. Underneath her and Sailor Volcanis, the icy crystals crunch softly, but at the floor around the dark creatures, it solidified into a slippery sheet. "Come and get us if you boys haven't got... cold feet!" she said with a sardonic smirk. 'I totally need to start carrying sunglasses with me,' she thought as she watched the shadowy figures, ready to dodge whatever attack she knew that she and Volcanis could easily avoid.

Sailor Enceladus uses Elemental Control (Level 2) to spread a sheet of ice along the ground, to slow down or trip up the shadow monsters. 5 EP.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

She gave Sailor Chalbys a smile as well. "Well done." Watching the other sailor create a sheet of ice she stepped back a bit to avoid the slippery surface. Turning to Sailor Chalbys with a smile. "Now just put the cage around them. "Once done go help Volcanis and Enceladus." Continuing to channel electicity into the newly created cage.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sailor Enceladus' ice trick did appear to slow down the approach of the shadow kings, who were now mere meters away from herself and Volcanis. Well behind them were Tempestas and Chalbys, who were still dealing with matter of the newly shaped electric 'cage.'

The sword bearing king took a swipe at Volcanis, but its forward momentum proved to be ill judged thanks to the ice at its feet. The red-headed sailor scout ducked under the strike easily. She attempted a reprisal side-kick, but the shadowy figure dodged this.

Enceladus faced the cup and pentacle kings. The former held aloft the chalice, as though it were invoking some kind of spell, but no visible effect seemed forthcoming at the moment. The same could not be said for the latter, whose pentacled seal glowed an eerie purple and began to rotate in the air, held aloft by some foul sorcery. Then, without further warning, the pentacle sailed through the air and smacked into Enceladus' shoulder before she could dodge aside. The blow pushed her to the ground, onto her side.

"Enceladus!" Chalbys squeaked in dismay. She pointed her hand out to the metal cage and made a flinging motion with her hands, sending it flying towards the shadow kings, but the attempt was off mark, and it landed about a yard between the pentacle and scepter kings.

"Oh no!" Chalbys turned to Tempestas. "Can you hit them with the lightning in the cage?"

Enceladus takes 5 damage. It smarts and might bruise, but one blow isn't going to be deadly.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Sailor Enceladus watched as the sword wielding monster advanced on Volcanis, her optimism suddenly tempered by her heart leaping into her throat as the creature swung it's weapon. Thankfully, the other sailor scout was quick enough to avoid the deadly attack, and Enceladus turned to smile at the monsters advancing on her, once again full of confidence and mirth. "Well, creeps, whatcha got?" She asked sardonically, her hands on her hips as she openly mocked her opponent, "Gonna throw your little cup at me?" When the chalice bearing King held his item aloft, motionless and seemingly without reason, Enceladus almost burst out laughing. She might have, if it weren't for the other shadow creature's attack, which appeared and slammed into her shoulder before she could think to dodge.

"Ahh!" Sailor Enceladus cried in shock as she hit the ground. The dull ache drew a groan as she brought her other arm up to her injured shoulder, while slowly turning to look up at the monsters. Her eyes shook for a second in pain, surprise, fear, and humiliation. After all her talk, she had let those weird creatures hit her. Gritting her teeth, she pushed herself back up to her feet, no longer grinning or making mocking comments to the monsters. Instead, she readied herself for their attacks again. "I-I'm okay, Chalbys!" she called over her shoulder while staring at her dark opponents, "But these guys definitely mean business!"

Sailor Volcanis lashed out at the creature before with a swift kick, though she didn't manage to land the attack. With her heart thumping in her chest from the adrenaline, Enceladus realized she was going to have to try something similar, especially if Chalbys and Tempestas were having trouble setting up their attack. Wihle she had never studied any real combat techniques, Aki had always been a fan of the many fighting games at the Crown Arcade. Giving her best shout, Sailor Enceladus spun on her left foot, using the momentum to bring her right around in a heavy swing at the dark creature that had hit her, made stronger by the power granted by her transformation.

Unarmed attack on the Pentacle King!

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With a small sigh as she watched the cage miss, she quickly moved forward to help the other two sailors. "Get off the ice now!" Reaching down to lay her hands on the ice and send using the moisture to conduct her power. Hoping to use it to stun the shadows like a taser. Trying to avoid Enceladus as she charged recklessly in.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Enceladus' recovery was quick, and her roundhouse was executed to perfection, just like in all those fighting games she was so used to playing. Her boot connected smartly with the shadow king's jawline, sending it crumbling to the ground. Sailor Tempestas shouted a warning, and rather than needing to move off the ice, Enceladus merely disposed of it in the areas where she and Volcanis now stood.

Unfortunately for Tempestas' strategy, her shouted warning to her fellow Senshi was also heeded by her enemies, who leaped backwards off of the ice - all except for the Pentacle King, who was still prone from having been knocked down. The shadow creature writhed in place as electricity pulsed through it, though the elemental control was nothing in power compared to Tempestas' senshi attack.

With the Pentacle King temporarily out of commission, it wouldn't be too difficult for Enceladus to make a dash over it and past the other three shadow kings. Just beyond would be the dark thrones at the edge of the hall.

Sailor Volcanis didn't seem to have much intent of waiting around for the ice to become de-electrified before she continued her own assault. With a passionate battle cry, she leaped forward, generating massive momentum from out of nowhere and sailing through the air with her knee jutting out in front of her. The other scouts could swear they saw a burning ripple effect leading out in front of her, as though she were a spaceship re-entering the earth's atmosphere.

With a crunch and a hiss, her knee connected against the jawline of the sword king, sending him spiraling backwards. Volcanis landed elegantly beside the creature and then with a toss of her fiery locks she smiled and looked back over her shoulder at her companions, obviously impressed with herself. She then stood up and started to run towards the thrones, having made her own opening.

Not to be outdone in this latest offensive surge, Sailor Chalbys regained control of her cage and slammed it into the scepter king, pinning it to the wall, where it was trapped, electrocuted by the residual voltage.

Only the chalice king was standing at this point. The others were knocked down or trapped. So long as one person could disable the remaining king, the thrones would be open to them.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ki-yah!" Sailor Enceladus yelled as her foot connected with the shadowy monster's jaw with a satisfying crunch. Her foot came to rest on the icy ground just as the creature did, laying on it's back, while a smile lit the sailor soldier's face. She gave a triumphant chuckle, just before turning her head at Tempestas' shouted warning. The ice around her feet peeled back away from her and Volcanis, just in time to keep them from receiving a shock from the electrical soldier. Looking back down at the creature on the ground, she grinned as it twitched in agony.

It was then that she heard Volcanis' primal scream, and Enceladus watched, wide-eyed, as the girl's knee blazed a trail, literally, through the misty air on it's path to another of the monsters. At the same time, Chalbys slammed the charged metal chandelier into one of the creatures that had avoided Tempestas' shock attack. Looking around, Enceladus saw that only one of the Kings, the one that had simply held it's item aloft without noticeable effect, seemed capable of standing and opposing them. With a wicked grin, she yelled, "Great job, girls! The only one left is this goofball!" She laughed as she gestured to the seemingly feeble monster, then turned to gaze at Volcanis as the powerful girl resumed her run for the thrones.

"We've got this thing beat!" Enceladus yelled happily over her shoulder to motivate the shy Sailor Chalbys. Shaking her head at the Cup Bearer, she quickly leapt forward, not at him, but past him. "I'm heading for the thrones!" she called to Tempestas and Chalbys, "Keep him company while I go destroy them!" Despite the icy ground, Enceladus' feet never slipped, her control of the element ensuring she was never unsteady. With the thrones in view, she sped towards them while pulling out the Queen of Coins card. 'I think I know what I have to do!' she thought with a smile as she headed for the throne the Pentacle King had emerged from.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

She couldn't help but sime as each f the kings were quickly taaken down. She gave a nod to Enceladus and stood up. She quickly made a dash towards the last king, using her charged boots to melt the ice as she moved. Shouting to the last king. "Hey bozo! You should put down that cheap medieval knockoff and get a real cup!" Hoping to draw it's attention and get it riled up. Regardless of outcome she quckly rushed the last king and made a swift kick towards it's legs hoping to trip him up.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Though her heart was in the right place, the young Sailor Tempestas' charged foot was not. Showing for the first time some measure of competence, the cupbearer king neatly avoided the sailor scout's attack with a twirl of its shadowy figure, then with a heave, it aimed and emptied what appeared to be an overflow of pure inky darkness onto Tempestas.

The cold, strong tendrils of darkness splished and splashed all over Tempestas, before hardening and wrapping around her body, grappling her in a hold that she was unlikely to break on her own, for natural strength was as much her glaring weakness as it had been for her alter ego as Nicholas. Try as she might to struggle, her dampened body was pressed impossibly down upon by the continuously flowing darkness from the chalice. She could feel the unnerving cold slip across her skin and underneath the folds of her outfit, enveloping and touching her in ways that had never occurred before.

As this was happening, Volcanis and Enceladus arrived at their respective thrones while Chalbys was still making her way forward before meeping in fright as the pentacle king staggered to its feet in front of her. Knees buckling in sudden trepidation and nervousness, the shy scout was unable to avoid the sudden thrust of the pentacle kings' arm as it wrapped tightly around her as the other gripped her roughly by her uniform, threatening to tear it.

"Uwaahhhh!" Chalbys screamed as she was roughly handled and shaken within the stronger creature's grasp.

"What do we do?!" Volcanis gasped in frustration to Enceladus, looking back upon the sorry state of their two companions.

Some good rolls for the bad guys and some bad rolls for the good guys. Each person who got caught up failed their DCV checks and are grappled. You'll have to win a Body check to get out of the hold. Any attacks that require gestures are impossible and actions that aren't getting out of the hold will be at a penalty.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Grinning ear to ear as she reached the foot of the landing before the thrones, Sailor Enceladus whipped around to shout triumphantly at the others, only to gasp in shock at what she saw. Both Tempestas and Chalbys were in trouble, the former pinned to the ground under some strange oozing liquid, the other held tight in the menacing grip of the same shadowy creature she thought she had defeated. Beside her, Volcanis worriedly asked her for direction, as though the situation hadn't stunned her just as much. 'Of course she's asking me,' Enceladus thought shamefully, 'I've been barking orders this whole time!'

Enceladus stared at the two stricken sailor scouts, silently willing them to fight back, to throw their attackers off with a triumphant pose and smirk, but this fight wasn't going the way all her anime had. They were in trouble, and she was responsible for it. For a second, Enceladus started forward, to leap towards them and use her power to destroy the monsters, but she remembered quickly what would happen if she did. The dark Kings would simply reform and resume their attack, but against weakened foes. Looking up at the mosaic on the ceiling, she bit her lip as she decided that she would have to focus her attention on the plan she had been working on so far, and hope that it worked.

"Just keep fighting girls!" Sailor Enceladus yelled to Tempestas and Chalbys, "I'm going to destroy the thrones, and the kings with them!" Painfully wrenching her gaze away from the embattled girls, Enceladus stared at her target. To Volcanis, she shakily said, "I'm going to use my power on the thrones... Help them if you can, but stay close!" After a moment she added, "If this doesn't get all of them, you might need to use your power too." Stepping forward onto the dais, Enceladus approached the throne from which the Pentacle King had emerged from, but stood facing all of them.

Blocking out the sounds of the fight behind her, Sailor Enceladus stood tall and straight, her eyes closed, both legs stiff with her hands held tightly together above her. She took a deep breath as small particles of light began to dance along her fingertips, then smoothly parted her hands and let her arms drift down until they were both held wide from her torso. Then, her eyelids opened with a flash of light as she yelled, "Infinite Sparkling Light!" while she threw her hands forward. Blindingly bright beams of light shot from her fingertips, arcing though the air before they coalesced into a tiny ball, a split second before exploding brilliantly into into a bright flash that filled the area.

Senshi Attack: level: (3) (65 damage, 30EP) on the thrones! Pentacle King throne target, but all of them if possible