What's new

When the Man Comes Around (Sponge)

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: When the Man Comes Around (Sponge)

She watched closely as Gerran demonstrated the liquid. She didn't relax, but she didn't object when he started to rub her arm, letting him move her as needed. However soon she yanked it back, clutching it tightly with her other arm, hissing. The stinging must be kicking in. She scooted over a bit, the sensation giving her a bit of strength which she then used to sit up a bit against the wall. She kept her eyes focused on Gerran with a look that said she wasn't too happy with what he just did, but she still didn't seem hostile.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thinking he'd used enough for somebody already infected, he didn't want to waste it all. Screwing the cap back on, he couldn't help but wonder more about this woman. Who had she been before all this? Why did she retain some humanity? Does she even have a goal or destination?

He backed away, leaning against the wall opposite of her he studied her with his gaze. Should he just leave her? It was actually quite conflicting, he wanted to help, she seemed ok, but would she allow him to help. And if not, would she harm him?

Closing his eyes briefly for a thought, he suddenly got an idea. This woman was holding her stomach, like it hurt. She didn't seem pregnant, so and it didn't look like she was wounded there either.

Quickly he unstrapped his backpack and shuffled through it, finally pulling out a granola bar he had stashed. Traveling without food was never a smart thing, and he always at least would try to carry something. But giving this to her he'd have to look for food sometime again soon.

Undoing the wrapper, he approached the woman, breaking off a piece of the bar and popping it into his own mouth before chewing and swallowing. Holding out the bar to the woman, he watched carefully.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(Heh, bombshell reveal)

The woman watched, there was a look of understanding behind her eyes that slowly came to the surface. Once Gerran was done, she did not take the bar, but she did respond in a different way. She shook her head left and right, a standard "no", while making a faint noise. It wasn't anything understandable, but it wasn't just a moan like before. Any doubts that she could communicate were put to rest a few seconds later, when she finished she began pointing at her belly while imitating retching noises, mimicing someone who was throwing up. She nodded at the bar, as if connecting the two actions into one communication. Her body visibly relaxed, as if she finally understood Gerran was here to help.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He had expected her to like grab it from him viciously, or at least grunt at the offer. Instead, he grew surprised that she was trying to speak through charades a bit.

Taking back the bar he finished it up, chewing the granola while he tried to figure out what the heck she was trying to say.

The fact she's actually trying to communicate here is fascinating under itself, and it solves alot of questions. But how the hell do I go from here? I've never even expected a person to be immune to the infection, let alone a friendly zombie! I don't have any plans for this!

He continued to wonder, watching the women as she pantomimed.
She said she isn't pregnant. So what the hell is wrong?
"Your.. stomach hurts? But your not hungry? Your retching and.. you are trying to throw up? Did something get inside you?"

Oh hell tell me there aren't face huggers or some Alien shit I got to worry about too.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

She looked up, not quite understanding what he was getting at, but continuing to hold her belly. For as amazing as these efforts were, there was still a limitation to how much the two could communicate. Still, what Gerran accomplished was nothing to sneeze at, after all this infected now not only didn't seem hostile, but was now acting a little bit glad to have him there. She didn't look quite as tired as before, and the wound stopped stinging, she wasn't clutching it anymore, and while the cut looked pretty bad, it looked alot better then it did now that the cream had time to work.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gerran glanced back behind him, making sure nothing was sneaking up on him or anything. He had to get moving. He couldn't spend his entire time trying to communicate with this woman. At least he still considered her to be a woman because she could still communicate like a person.

Normally I would never even dream of taking a zombie out of the city, but the fact she's infected and still human in some way could mean her DNA or blood can fight the infection better then others. If I'm lucky, I might of just discovered something that could lead to a cure. Or at least something to suppress the infection.

Gathering up his things, he put the antiseptic back in his pack and chewed and swallowed the last bit of granola. He'd have to search for food soon, granola only lasts so long. Hesitantly, he reached out his hand and took hers, tugging in the direction out of the alleyway only lightly. He didn't want her to think he was becoming aggressive with her or anything that could be mistaken to be hostility.

"Come on, I can't stay here all day, we got to get out of here."

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The woman got up okay, grimacing a bit and touching her belly, but she could walk, for now. She looked at Gerran a bit suspiciously, but seemed to be giving him a chance. She had a firm grip, wanting to hold onto him for support, but able to move on her own, somewhat at least. Basic instructions might help her get the idea of what was going to happen.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seriously don't know what to do here. And she keeps holding her stomach and wretching but I have NO clue what she's saying. And she keeps holding her stomach but I've asked all I could think of! Is she bulimic? Cause that's all I'm left with. A bulimic zombie is the only conclusion I'm drawing now. Maybe if I ask her more.

She seemed like she had a hard time walking, so he draped her arm over his shoulder, lending support as he walked out of the alley. He continued to probe her with questions as he headed towards where he had left the bike.

"Let me get this straight. You said your not hungry. Your not pregnant. But you pointed to the food I was offering and made noises like you were throwing up. Do you want to throw up? Are you having stomach pains?"

Finally he reached his bike, but figured now that he had a companion riding a bike wouldn't exactly be the best thing to do since it only had room for one. They would have to walk.

Now in a more open space, instead of being trapped in corridors he would be more aware of dangers should they try to approach him, so it was best he could figure out what she wanted or what was going on while he was here. Setting her down gently against the wall, he tilted his head curiously. Grabbing her hand softly, he moved it to see if she was covering anything on her stomach.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The zombie followed and slowly walked along with Gerran, letting him lead her. Her eyes focused on him as he talked to her, one could almost see the gears turning in her head as she tried to think and absorb what he was saying. Her eyes seemed to light up a bit when Gerran said "throw up" though, and there was perhaps a weak nod in response.

As Gerran checked the woman over before leaving he didn't find anything unsusal. Her belly did seem to gurgle a bit if poked, and the zombie would moan, going a bit greener. All the signs pointed to that she did indeed need barf. Gerran might be able to make her by pressing hard, if the noises were any clue, or perhaps it was best to let nature take its course.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He had finally pieced it together, though it was the last thing he actually wanted to think of as a solution. That could possibly been the reason he had been avoiding this assumption, but how she was reacting and what was occurring all pointed to one solution and answer. She wanted... to puke.

Ugh.. Seriously? A female boomer is what I got on my hands, granted isn't fat and ugly as all hell but still, I'd prefer to deal with friendly hunter or smoker.

Still, his conscious was getting the better of him, he had to help her.
I've never made myself try to throw up before on purpose. Usually I would choke on bread when I didn't chew enough. Why do I get the feeling I'm helping a women become bulimic?

"Ok, but if you puke on me and a horde attacks, your going to end up like that other women I dealt with earlier."

It was obvious he wasn't going to be able to make her do it herself. Muttering under his breath, carefully opened her jaw, making sure she was opening wide as possible. He briefly walked to the body of the other women, and stripped a large piece of her shirt off, making sure it was at least somewhat clean to wrap around his hand. Convinced that this would protect him from accidental breaking of his skin, he wrapped it tightly about his arm like a large bandage. Walking over the women, he stuck his finger in as far as he could reach, ready to jump back once he heard any gag reflex.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The zombie woman eyed Gerran with great suspicion as he moved her face around, but didn't protest. Her eyes showed a bit of curiosity mixed in with her other emotions. However, as soon as he jammed his fingers down her eyes bugged out and she violently trashed to one side. For the best, as sure enough, her lunch came right up in a pile next to her, thankfully not on her helper or herself.

She recovered quickly, growling a bit a Gerran, but as she did so she could feel the lack of pain inside her. Her face softened, realizing Gerran had just helped her some more. She looked around, eyes darting every which way, very much more active then before. After a few moments the woman looked back to Gerran, opening her mouth as if trying to speak, but unfortunately only incoherent moans came out. She seemed to know that wasn't how she was suppost to sound now, her face contorted to show utter confusion, and perhaps a bit of panic. After one more paranoid look around, she looked up once more, clear terror now the dominant emotion.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He immediately recoiled the moment he heard her gag, pulling his hand out just in time to back away from the puke she let loose from her mouth.

Now since that was over with, they could move on right? But apparently what he had hoped for wasn't going to happen soon, as she now started to look like she was having a panic attack.

Seizing her shoulders tightly, he held her firmly as he began to speak.
"Woah woah woah woah woah! Calm down ok? I'm just as freaked as you are, I have no idea what's going on, but right now this is not the place to be pms-ing ok?"

Unzipping his bag, he brought out the crowbar.
"Ok look, it's obvious you aren't one of them, so I'm going to need to give you something to defend yourself ok? Use this to bash whatever is trying to hurt you on the head, real hard, like this ok?" He bonks himself on the head with the crowbar to demonstrate. "Ow! See?" Ow that smarts! This would only leave him with his gun to protect himself, but he sure wasn't going to trust her with that weapon. Probably didn't even know how to shoot straight.
"Ok, we can't talk anymore here, lets try to find someplace like a house or garage or something that we can hide in, then you can... moan your story I guess seeing you can't talk."

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

She slowly calmed down as Gerran comforted her. She took the crowbar carefully, looking at it with a mix of confusion and curiosity. She held onto it okay, even swinging it up and down a bit, checking how it felt to swing. A low growl escaped her lips, not of any malice, but almost like unsure agreement. The woman made to stand up, almost putting a hand in her vomit for support, but showing some mental recognition and avoiding it at the last second with a moan that sounded alot like "Yuck" followed by some incoherent mumbles, wobbling a bit as she carefully got up.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The way she acted was just amusing. Almost like a child unknowing of anything around them. She surely was the age of an adult, but seemed to respond and act like a child. Crowbars weren't exactly all that fascinating. Was she innocent? Maybe, or just clueless. Or perhaps the virus was eating at her brain, destroying the part that controlled cognitive actions and such.
Yeah, most likely that. Either this will eat at her brain more to the point she's a dangerous monster or unable to walk, or possibly it will halt and progress no further. If I'm lucky she might recover.

Grabbing his bike, he walked along side it as continued onward, this time looking for a safe place to sleep for the night.
"Come on, follow me." He gestured her to follow.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The zombie snapped out of whatever daze she was in after standing up and immediately shuffled to catch up. It was hard to tell, but she might have even nodded in reply. Her gait wasn't too bad, most zombies Gerran had seen, or in media, shuffled alot more, but she wasn't exactly walking normally either. At the very least, she'd keep up with a normal speed, though. She kept the crowbar held in both hands, carring it as if it was very important to her, and she had to keep it safe as she clutched it close.

Gerran still had his options of heading down this street or finding the freeway. The added concerns now were the reduction of speed, which would have happened anyway in a clogged pathway, and the fact that the zombie might wander off a bit or get lost. She needed some attention every once in a while, but all told she was more attentive then a small child, so it wasn't all that bad.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heading down the freeway was now no longer an option. With all the stuff littered through it. Plus it was getting dark, and he didn't know if there were more of these creatures, and could possibly see in the night better then him.

Grabbing her hand tightly, he nodded to her."Ok, follow me, and don't let go of my hand."

((Make him search those alleys till he finds a relatively safe place to call it a day ))

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The woman gladly let Gerran tug her along, even squeezing back a bit as they went. Most of the places around here were small shops on the ground floor, with apartments up above. Most had fire escapes out the back, the kind that didn't reach ground level, so no criminals could come up that way. Certainly these places had some bonus points for security, though Gerran would have to risk a search through the front of one of these buildings to get up there.

Every once in awhile there'd be larger apartments, with a door in the back. Glancing in most looked to be in good shape, but a few might have had a struggle in them, or at the very least someone left or searched the places in a hurry.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

((quick question, my character never really got a good look at this women. What does she even look like? 0_e))

Nodding over at one of the houses, he brings her along and taps on the front of the door, waiting for anything to respond. Security or not, this was an apocalypse and anything could happen. Caution was always the height of importance. Never assume.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(Yeah, was just thinking about that myself. Didn't seem right right at first, but then forgot. She's about 5'7", short blonde hair, eyes are hard to tell what color because the infection makes them greenish. Wearing normalish plain clothing that doesn't really stand out, torn a bit, but not too bad and still decently clean. Moderately endowed ;) )

The street was clear as the two stood and waited at the door. Nothing stirred inside, through the glass Gerran could see into the little landing, there wasn't any room for someone to hide there. However, he couldn't see up the stairs, so no telling if something was just being quiet and waiting there. The infected looked over his shoulder curiously, glancing around behind them from time to time as if picking up that they needed to be stealthy.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(oh ok. And glad she's only moderately, I honestly hate the over endowed kinda stuff... I can't grab it all! T_T)

Nodding to himself, he glanced up the stairs, half curious and half paranoid. He had to figure out if this building was safe or not first. Climbing the stairs, he looked back at the woman.
"Ok, you wait here, and if everything is ok, come up the stairs with me ok?"

He proceeded to climb the stairs....