Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

Suddenly pulling the bike away, Shiva let out a cry of fury and leaned it back forward with great force, force that sent them off balance and flying downwards. "What are you doing!?" she exclaimed. "Maybe you don't understand the big picture Glenn, but I do! A cockatrice is a once of a life time viewing! Their species is dying because all they do is run away instead of mating! This is your chance to become a fucking hero and you're throwing it away!" she growled, fighting him for control over the bike and mostly winning with her stronger soul. Even so, the cockatrice was losing them as they spun through the sky. "And this is MY chance to become both a legend AND rich! GIVE ME THE CONTROLS!" she growled in furious anger.

Her growls turned into screams when it became apparent that two people shouldn't fight over control over a hoverbike in mid-air. They were not flying well at all. Rather, they were falling. Glenn steered them towards the city and Shiva towards the cockatrice, as the two fought the bike quickly fell down, before Shiva took direct control and guided them down to the ground safely despite their rampaging spiral. They landed somewhere near the base of the mountain opposite the green and beautiful land. It was hard to tell where they went, but the city was still in view. Once they landed, Shiva threw her hands onto her face and let out a scream muffled by her hands. Then, she leaned forward, giving his back a light headbutt. "I cannot believe you spun us around! You couldn't just trust me for one second that I had good reason to chase that bird!? I am..." she did it again, screaming into her hands, only she was leaning forward now. "I am SO ANGRY!" she roared. "It would have been great, a grand adventure with Glenn, Shiva, Sona and the Cockatrice! An amazing chase followed by a grand conclusion! Sex, alcohol and money everywhere! But no! Speaking of, where the fuck is your mimic!? She was awesome. I don't even sense her on you." she inquired with a start.

"She'd have been on my side here. What the hell happened in that room?" Shiva questioned, before reaching over and removing a strange plug from the bike that caused it seemingly not to respond to the gentle weaves. It looked like a key. "Bike ain't movin'. Not until we talk about one little tidbit." she said, before getting off of the bike. With a bit of magic, she reached down under and gathered up what seemed to be a soon to be gathered wad of sexual juices formed into a glimmering sphere that she tossed against the rocks with a splatter. She then moved her hands with such speed that it seemed like she had done it many times over as she wove a basic pair of purple panties and wore them. It seemed she wasn't leaking anymore, for some reason. A reason Glenn might have been wearing on the dampness of his rear trousers.

Shiva approached the face of the mountain and folded her arms, and leaned against it with a huff, folding one leg over the other as she regarded him. "We gotta establish something here and now. Between the two of us, one of us is going to be in charge. And it's obviously going to be me." Shiva declared. "I'm stronger, faster, and as it stands, smarter than you. You're here to learn from me, you're my apprentice, which means I need you to be a little less... Defiant, is probably the better word to use here. You have trust issues I guess. Maybe, I just happen to be a little crazy. That's all fair. But what I'm NOT is stupid. I wouldn't say, chase a random bird at top speed because of a primal whim. I wouldn't tell you to jump off of a building as a form of training if it wasn't going to prepare you in some way. Remember that move you did before? That was all you! That was something in you that realized what to do because of how I exposed you to it. That's how life works, mother fucker!" she roared with a zealous grin and throw of her hands. Then, she laughed. "But crossing me, Glenn? That is not, and will never be: Wise." she said, her tone growing into a frown. "And that's what you did up there. You crossed me. You thought it was a good idea to directly oppose my ideas. And now there's a cockatrice probably dying of heat exhaustion out there to further add to the extinction quota. Who knows how long it'll take to find it now. It could take all of our time we could be spending training to catch it. Or more if we never ever fucking see it again!" she chided. Then, she shrugged. "But, that's the breaks. Right now, saving slash selling that bird is my top priority. The feathered bitch is a legend with wings. And she matters more than you. She even matters more than me!" she pointed at her chest.

"So I'm not asking you, but telling you: You have a choice. Follow my lead and enjoy the rewards, or walk your ass up the mountain, back up to the city." She pointed at the Magi city above. And as she said that, Glenn felt a familiar sensation of ruby eyes cross his vision. Figures of brown skin and luxurious travel started to appear over the bend of the mountain, perhaps 100 yards away. Shiva seemed oblivious to it, but naturally so as they were behind her yet walking in their direction. Given the direction they were walking earlier, it seemed something made them turn around.
    Spoiler

Comment

The man expected hostility out of Shiva but perhaps he should have expected her to be mad enough to wrestle for control of the bike from him as well. Once more his heart throbbed in fright over the pounding it was already doing because of the hormones, and he almost thought it was gonna to actually escape from his chest. Ultimately the merc girl managed to overpower him, but only after an intense struggle despite the difference between their power. Just as he suspected the pheromones ceased their hold on him once they had gotten far enough away, and presumingly on Shiva as well. Her demeanor became far worse than grateful however, thrown into fury by his actions.

"Sona and I had a heart to heart, and she's now coping." He mentioned briefly at Shiva's question about Sona, a part of him wishing the forlorn mimic actually was around right now, before looking with some disgust at the mess she had made and the ball of it she just callously at a nearby rock outcropping. He listened to her piece, folding his arms across his chest while still trying to ignore the feeling of dampness on his clothing from before. The only part about it that made him sympathize was this talk about the Cockatrice going extinct because of it's nature. Something he hadn't known obviously, and something that the merc girl really should have mentioned before simply commanding him to charge off after it. 'If only she had just said that instead of grabbing my damn face.' He thought with a frown.

At the end of it he followed her finger to look up toward the mountain. It was some distance away still, a few minutes travel on the bike and probably an hour... hours more at a steady pace climbing it. That didn't bother him; he had spent plenty of time roughing it in the wilderness to make good time traveling. It was the feeling of being watched, and as he scoured the bends of the mountain he could see them. Figures like the ones he had seen a few days before, barely visible over the crests of the mountain pathways. That odd feeling of ruby eyes seeking his own making goosebumps strike through him. If he went that way alone he would surely run into them, and then...

The train of thought's direction didn't inspire good feelings in the man. It only added to the underlying anger he felt from the pheromones that was slowly dying off, making him consider whether Shiva actually knew about them herself. Whether she was using them to force the choice on him. "If I'm gonna help you get this bird, if it really is as rare as you say, then we do it to save it's species. Nothing more. No rewards, no fame, just honor. And if it's going to anybody, it's going to be donated to a preserve or laboratory to make sure it has a chance, just like they do for the unfortunate creatures back in my homeland." He uncrossed his arms and let out a harsh breath as he tried to calm himself. "If you can't take that, then the only other choice is to take me back to the Magi. And that is the only other real choice. I wish I didn't have to mention this; I really don't like having to rely on things like this... to hold them over someone but... my life has more importance to Isabel than yours does sweetheart." He revealed partially, not mentioning the full details of what the magi leader had promised him.

"If anything REALLY bad happens to me because of you... well. As much as she claimed otherwise I know how dark people can get when they get pushed over the edge. You might very well get to be a Legend just like you wish. There won't be a fortune for you though, and people won't remember your name. Just a number. Fourteen." He didn't really know if Isabel would resort to such actions, but given the importance she had placed on retaining him he figured if there was anything that might inspire her to do such things, it would be losing the one thing that could save herself and the magi. Even if they still didn't know how he was supposed to make that much of a difference.

Comment

Shiva rolled a hand over her face. "Wow! Capture the bird and give it to someone else! What a great idea!" she said with seething sarcasm. "There's no such thing as a preserve here, Glenn! The only place that'll keep that bird is the damned Magi, and you know how science-y they are!" she said, but when he decided to lay on that bit of Isabell, she just laughed, before approaching him with determination and laying her forehead against his. "Just wait until you throw a hissy fit against her like you did me. She only prizes you more because she thinks she can control you, Glenn boy." she cooed. "With your temperament, that favor will fade quickly. And you once again act like I don't know what I'm talking about~" she laughed, stepping off.

"We're going to be the ones to look after that bird, because we're the best ones to do it. Get your head out of your butt and realize that honorable people are just self-less servants that serve to give power to their master. Unless you really want to be Queen's boytoy that badly. Can't knock you, since that fat sow does have some nice tits and ass. But I think I'll still knock you anyway if you decide to cross me twice." she said, holding up a knuckle.

Meanwhile, the figures Glenn saw before had gotten much closer during their arguments. And with Glenn having said nothing, they were now practically on top of them. The sight before them was a small army of mummies and other strange creatures of the desert, with four mummies lifting up a grand golden floor complete with red velvet shade above, a throne decorated with Egyptian design, and a bed in the shape of a heart that a singular and submissive looking man was laying on. Upon the throne sat an exquisite beauty with long black hair, black canine ears, and ruby red eyes, holding a golden staff of snakes that held up scales in her inhuman black paws. Next to her equally canine feet sat a tan skinned girl with feline ears, tail, and lion's paws for feet and hands. "Am I interrupting something?" asked the canine woman, causing Shiva to spin around, and let out a loud gasp.

Then she whipped right around at Glenn, visibly sweating and fuming at the same time. "Why did you not say a fucking word when the lord of the dead was right fucking behind me!?" she exclaimed.

The esteemed lord chuckled, raising a paw to hide her grin slightly. "I see I am still well known. Good." she declared. "I heard you said something about a bird, a cockatrice? My ears do not deceive me. If you wish, I can help you acquire this bird, if you are willing to assist me as well." she declared. But then she let out a hum, putting her paw on her chest. "But where are my manners? I am Anubis, Lord of the Dead. And by my side is my pet and faithful servant, Sphinx. " she introduced herself.

Then, she grinned at Glenn in particular. "I saw you, on the edge of that city. And I believe you saw me. I think it is by Fate's decree that we met. As a Chosen of Fate, I believe this to be true. It is by divine will that we work together. Don't you agree?"

Meanwhile, Shiva was just stepping back, casting a glance at Glenn as he seemed to be the one she was talking to.
        Spoiler

Comment

Glenn squinted his eyes with a small tug of his lips, noting Shiva's response to his comments. She didn't know. It was clear from her response that she really didn't know about the exchange that happened between both him and Isabel. And while she might have been partially correct about the magi leader's tendency to control, the rest certainly was a mystery to her. If she only knew the reason why he was important to the magi head, and what she had fully promised the man for his cooperation. And as much as she knocked him about the magi's science he probably could have set up some kind of effort among them to get a endangered preserve going with Isabel's blessing. Hell, now that he thought to if they probably could have been outfitted in a full fledged expedition too. With air vessels, supplies, personnel... all to find things like this endangered cockatrice and to help them.

The man was just as surprised as Shiva when the desert wanderers approached, but for much different reasons. What he had mistaken for robes from afar turned out to be some kind of bandages wrapped around many of the travelers. Some of whom were carrying a large throne made what he could presume was gold with a velvet shade. A few others among them stood out, if only that they looked far more human. It was hard to get a good look at them as they were partially obscured by the group. The main idols of the group however were prominently on display. A timid man upon a bedding, a tan skinned feline girl with massive paws and a tan skinned canine woman with dark black hair and paws, and familiar ruby red eyes...

'Perhaps because I didn't know, miss know it all.' He thought grimly, the merc girl's change in attitude sparking a voice of concern in his own mind. One that only grew as the new arrival spoke to the both of them, clearly having overheard the conversation between them. Which meant she probably heard everything he as well, be that as it may. When she revealed to be the one that he had witnessed with Sona and Jill, it definitely set alarm bells off as he recalled the memory of those eyes from the desert. He remembered how she effortlessly deflected power back at the golem too, so he knew any inclination to run now wouldn't serve to do very well at this point.

He glanced at Shiva when she stepped back, before being caught by the eyes of Anubis once more, gulping once before managing to speak. "Uhh... well met ma'am." He began while reaching for a hat that he obviously wasn't wearing, realizing it quickly before dropping his arm back down. "Or is it your majesty? I am Glenn, and this is Shiva. We are but humble mercenaries... one of us is at least. And I must decline your offer... out of courtesy of course! I couldn't dare ask for such help on something so trival." He stated to the canine woman, trying his best not to be intimidated by her red eyes. "If divinity had any cause in this meeting than it sured picked a hell of a time to do it. I must warn you ma'am coming around here is probably not the best time for a holiday. A storm is rising, and it's been brewing for a long time I hear..."

Comment

"Majesty." she replied promptly. "And I do insist. You two seem to be having issues at the very least." she said, which seemed to grate Shiva's nerves. "Far from being on holiday, it seems you're completely unaware of who I am. Allow me to educate you, mister Glenn. I, once again, am Anubis, Lord of the Dead, who once ruled these ruined lands you see before you. Every grain of sand is the remains of my once glorious kingdom, taken from me and ruined by those from the land of Zippangu. Those who call themselves gods in the face of my Majesty, despite being inferior both in power and mind." she explained. "I was sealed away for countless years, more than I could count, before my manservant upon my bed released me, and I rewarded him with servitude directly under me, only the highest honor. He lives now without any of life's woes. Like a king. Of course, I wouldn't offer you such a thing. Both you and your cohort seem more the knight type..." she hummed. "Regardless, I'm more than aware of the events going on. I was thinking of getting involved, but I'm still adjusting to the world that went on without me." she stated.

"I'm going to be making some big waves in the coming years, and I think you're highly misunderstanding the nature of my words. I'm deeply concerned with where you will be once I start trying to remake my kingdom. There might be issues in the future, some conflict and turmoil. As a benevolent soul, I only want the best for my subjects, both potential and current. Plus, you are a handsome man, you'd do well to consider my offer indeed. I'm even willing to put my foot forward and assist you first, and humbly await the application of your honor to my repayment. Surely you wouldn't be so unreasonable as to refuse me now? I'm putting my heart and soul before you, Glenn. Quite an honor to be given such consideration by someone such as myself. You'd be insane to refuse me." she said with confidence.

At the note of Glenn refusing, as he has been doing of late, he'd feel the eyes of the Sphinx glaring at him while her face wore a smile with two fangs sticking out of her lips. He could feel pressure from her eyes alone, as if she were waiting to see what his answer would be. Despite the air of friendliness Anubis put off, the pet she owned put off airs of a murderous beast awaiting a command from it's master, viewing Glenna and Shiva as if they were food.

"As an additional offer, I will also assist you with this... Golden problem in the sky you seem to have. The Kingdom of God is one that paled in comparison to the one I used to have. I can deal with it easily." she said, folding one leg over the other on her throne, giving him a good view of her right ass cheek dressed in her black panty. Her butt looked firm and round, as if the days of sitting on a throne did nothing to make her soft. "If you are dead set on refusing me though, then perhaps you can solve a harmless little riddle that my pet loves to give? Just as a parting, peaceful exchange." she declared, though the mention of a riddle seemed to make Shiva stand up straight, something she never seemed to normally do. She seemed like she really wanted to leave, but stood her ground as if that was somehow not an option.
            Spoiler

Comment

Not being one much for the history of the lands, Glenn did remember what Sona had told him. About a great war that ruined one whole half of the island. Technically both if he recalled, however things returned to normal for the other side. He did not know the exact reasons for this, but intuition told him that Anubis was not among the innocent type, despite her currently polite demeanor. The previous sighting they had certainly helped that feeling along too. And the feeling he recieved from the Sphinx upon his own polite refusal only intensified it. The two of them acting as ying and yang to each other in a subtle emotional regard.

Compared to her offer with the cockatrice, the offer to help against the angels caught the man's attention, lighting his eyes up and filling his thoughts. As much as he still hated to admit it he didn't know how he was going to turn things in favor for Isabel and the Magi's survival. He was inexperienced in the techniques that would matter, and to make matters worse there was still that whole thing with the shard of fate that had been stolen from him. His power compared to the strength the Magi already had, or against the angels seemed feeble. But the strength of Anubis? She had to be quite strong right? If she were on their side then the 'angels' would have some hard hitting competition to deal with. Especially if her servants were also quite strong...

He had to remember though... his intuition. It was also clear that if he agreed that she would take whatever opportunity she could to control him probably. "If you are as noble and kind as your visage then you need not fear. I will need not take any action other than what I plan to. Which at this point mostly involves finding ways to eat meat without having to question my humanity each time." Glancing at Shiva and seeing the goosebumps raised along the merc girl's skin, the man took it that their parting exchange offer was as eerie as it felt. Especially if it could get a rise out of her like this. "Sorry but I'll pass on the riddles; I'm more of a crosswords guy myself. Even if I could take you up on your offer with the angels... it'd have to go through the Magi first. I'd certainly want to bring it up with them first myself." By this point he could feel his own goosebumps heightening with full force, and between the looks of both Anubis and Sphinx he was feeling smaller and smaller with every moment.

Comment

Anubis chuckles at that, before rising from her throne, and slowly walking down. The mummies gracefully lower the platform to the ground, making it so their ruler does not have to step down from her glorious height. She walks forth, holding out a paw turned up that gathered magics in its grasp. The magics worked in such a way that the level of expertise and speed blew away the seeming skill of Shiva, making her look like a mere weaving hobby in comparison. His eyes couldn't follow, and Glenn got the impression that even if he watched the Lord of the Dead do it twenty times over, he would be lucky to get a vague idea of what she did. All the same however, what formed in her hand, in a matter of a few seconds, was a small mutton of meat with a bone sticking out of it as a convenient handle, which held held to him. "You have interesting ways of avoiding the word 'yes', Glenn. It worries me. I don't like to be worried." she stated. "Life was created just as I made this meat. Just as the gods were created. The long ago Magi theory of Primordial soup being behind the creation of existence is not entirely untrue. Even then, where the weaves of existence truly came from, it's impossible to track. But just as this meat was made, the initial start of Life came first as a mass of weaves colliding into one another, growing sentience, and forming into giant masses we know to be the gods. As the gods were made by accident, they used their accidental blessing to create the sun, and the worlds we know and do not know. This meat was created from me, but it was not cut from me. Eat it if you wish. I'm sure your moral compass can handle the unconventional way this was made, as I'm sure I did not collide with your definition of inhuman activity. But the true difference this meat has with meat severed from a live beast is nil. The only extra meaning it has is simply fabricated by you. To a mind such as mine, there is no difference. But when you have a mind like mine, you possess understanding in spades. I know, the origin is important to you. Which is why I have made it for you. No pain, only the labor behind making it instead of having the natural process of birth doing it. Humans love to make things difficult when they don't have to be. You're no exception, it seems." she declared.

"But the means and the end are neither going to be difficult for me. If to speak with the Magi you must, then you must. And you will." she insisted. "I will capture the bird, this cockatrice, with ease. She'll be in my hands before day's end. Then you may do what you wish. Though your loud friend is correct, giving her to someone else guarantees nothing. Not in this world, nor in many others I'm sure. It's just a relinquish of responsibility. There is no honor in passing the task on, only admission that you do not desire to do it. I've seen them countless times, often as rather fanciful things called charities. Few were honest, but most were corrupt. If you wish to save that species, then do so. Otherwise, I will just as gladly put the creature to use under my supervision. I will happily ensure she does not go extinct. And trust that I will treat her far better than most who would approach you for the same offer. But... You will wish to make it more complicated than that, I'm sure~" she giggled, as did her companion.

"Run along to your Magi, tell them I wish to help them preserve their way of life. My interests are entirely with The Chosen. I'm sure they'll get the message. I will be right here, waiting for your return. If you do not return by tomorrow, I will find you."
                Spoiler

Comment

The man considered it a bad omen when the golden platform was lowered and Anubis rose and approached them. Her presence sending worry as well as a thrillful feeling though him at her graceful approach. A step up in his heartbeat as the tan skinned beauty approached. From her expertly weaved magics he watched in wonder as one of the most delicious looking wrapping of meat around a protruding bone that he seen of recent. Held out as if in offering to him. He would accept if of course, if she truly were offering it, giving it a look over while pondering the depths of magical talent used to create something like this so effortlessly. 'The ability to transform magic into food sounds like a talent I should have sought out years ago. Why am I only considering looking for ways to do such a thing now?'

"If there are no good charities... then perhaps I shall have to make my own, and see to it that it succeeds. I always did want to go into business for myself..." When the canine lord dismissed them, Glenn gave a quick glance between Anubis and Sphinx, before reaching for Shiva with a gentle guiding hand. "Very well... until we meet again your majesty. Hey... come along now..." With a modicum of speed he ushered the currently silent merc girl back to her bike, taking the driver's spot without a second thought and boosting them away. All while the exiting words that Anubis had uttered still lingered in his mind. He wasn't stupid as to what that meant, and with the power the canine lord had it would mean bad things if he skipped out of the meeting.

Glenn was positively silent as he flew them back towards the Magi, taking a natural sloping route tracing the sides of the mountains to reach it. But when he finally reached the outskirts of the city his relief was very palpable. He set them down nearby what he hoped was a guards kiosk, considering that there was a couple of them on lookout from a tower nearby, jumping off the bike and walking a few steps away before bending over slightly. His hands cupping his own face as he breathed through them for a few moments before he straightened up with a groan. This was not good. This was REALLY not good. All he wanted was to gain experience and training to help the Magi, and now because of this they would all have to deal with a powerful canine lord from the desert who was not going to take no for an answer. And over a cockatrice of all things.

"Hey do any of you have a phone? I need a line to Isabel Queen, on very urgent business. Tell them it's business from Doppler." He requested of the nearby guards, figuring it would be easier to raise Queen this way that risk flying through busy streets to get to her. "I'm going to need a ride back to my quarters too if you can add that." He added right after, not intending to ride with Shiva on her bike to do such a thing now. Then he turned to Shiva. "You'll understand if we have to cut things short today. This new business throws quite the wrench into things, and not for the better. Isabel will want to know as soon as possible, so that we can figure out what the hell we're gonna do about this... everything." He explained to the merc girl while throwing his arms into the air with a motion.

Comment

Shiva was silent, and surprisingly humble looking, getting onto the bike and not even soaking it anymore. Though as he walked away with her, he heard the Sphinx coo, "Oh, mistress, he's got~" she began whispering to Anubis, before the Lord looked at him in turn, and both began to chuckle with amusement.

Going back to the city, Shiva was quiet the whole time, even as they landed on the border of the Magi city, near where some guards were. Shiva remained sitting on the back, one arm folded underneath herself while her right hand went to cover her mouth, seemingly lost in thought. Though when Glenn sought the guards to solve his dilemma, they would be talking amongst themselves as Glenn heard Shiva in the back. "Hey, Isabell? It's me. Glenn's doing fine. Learned how to fly a little." she said very calmly. The guards apparently didn't hear her, as she was still sitting on the bike with a square metal device to her ear. "We met Anubis." she declared, and Glenn could hear loud noises coming from the device. "She's mostly after me and Glenn. Though she is offering to help you-" she was cut off by more noises. "I don't think she's willing to negotiate or accept no for an answer." She said, before silence followed. "Also, we found a rare species, prepare something in Glenn's room, and set up an extra bed in there for me... I'm not telling you what it is. It's mine. I had to fight Glenn just to even accidentally get it... Make it a green field. Vegetarian. Lots of space... No... It's definitely not a cockatrice, no... No it isn't... Stop saying it's a cockatrice and just tell your mooks to get it done alright!? We'll handle Anubis so stop losing your mind! Just be happy your stupid little play pen isn't gonna be blown up by angels now!" she shouted, before hanging up. "Fucking bitch." she said with a click of her tongue. Then she rolled herself up into the driver's seat. "I'm going to your room. Get on or don't, I don't give a fuck." she said.

Then, Shiva would be driving off at a brisk pace, far less dangerous than before, with or without Glenn while the Guards were still talking. "We can give you a ride to your place when my shift ends in an hour." said a male guard wearing a helmet and visor over his face.
                    Spoiler

Comment

It took a moment for Glenn to register what Shiva was doing, and as the conversation continued the disbelief that he felt grew to a fevered pitch. Slowly he turned to look back at her with a look that signaled the same, an eyelid flinching from time to time. "You've got to be kidding me..." Is all that he said before she would eventually fly off without him, and he would be left alone with the guards. A hand raised to grip his own face, sliding down along it with pressure as he watched the merc girl fly off towards the heart of the city. "That ride would be much appreciated. Now if you could get that phone line for me?" He'd ask, and when he finally did get it he would relay quite soundly. "Miss Queen, it's Glenn. Disregard any of Shiva's orders. I don't want her anywhere near the quarters you've lent to me. In fact, I'd appreciate if you could apprehend her and her vehicle the moment you're able to. I'm invoking part of our agreement and 'understanding' with this. And of course I'd much appreciate that as well. We'll talk more face to face about this Anubis business, as this is going to be fucking rough to put it lightly."

Following the call, the man would spend his time waiting for the men's shift to end, bumming a smoke off of one of them if they were kind enough to afford such a kindness. Passing time by watching post with them and casually observing their surroundings, an act that reminded him quite much of many of the simple guard jobs that he himself had taken on long ago.

Comment

At first, silence. Then, the sound of a reclining chair squeaking back as if someone was leaning back into it, followed by a hollow sigh. "Glenn." she began, but paused as if to try and calculate what she'd say after that. "I take it a lot has happened on your end. I trust that you have a reason for telling me to arrest Shiva, whom I assigned to be your tutor, who is quite unfortunately, actually gifted. The unfortunate addition to this truth is that the reason why I value you over her is that you are... Hopefully more calm and collected than her, which I'm not hearing from you now. You're making demands, unusual demands. I'm not saying I will not stop her, but I want you to be the voice of reason to me right now. Because both you and her are acting like two peas in a pod of chaos." she stated. "I've arrested Shiva before. She tends to cause a lot of damage if angered. I desperately need you to relieve the headache I'm developing, and explain things to me in the most rational and scientific way a human being can. Because if this request was born from emotional distress, then I would prefer if you calm down and rethink what you're asking me. I'm aware, all too aware of why you're likely upset, but short of Shiva planning to blow up the facility, I request a reason as to why. She desires a place close to you, that much I gathered, as well as a place to house a cockatrice, as if I wouldn't guess that's what you found. In addition, tell me about this Anubis character. She is supposed to be dead or buried."

"Calmly. Explain." she said, her tone of voice sounding like it was cracking, on the verge of exploding.
                        Spoiler

Comment

"Alright... alright. I planned to say this when were face to face, but if you need it now I understand. Trust me... I UNDERSTAND." He began with emphasis before continuing. "Hopefully you'll understand where I'm coming from too. This Anubis character, she's not a joke. I felt her power... hell I have a meatsteak she conjured out of thin air like it was nothing... and the weaving she used was on a level that not even a thousand Shivas could replicate I don't think. I suppose when you get a title like 'Lord of the Dead' your magic is certainly not going to be a joking manner. Point is, she's the real deal, and can do a lot of damage if push comes to shove. And if she's supposed to be dead you could have fooled me, because there was certainly no phantom there, just a bunch of mummies. She did say something about being released recently if I recall..."

Pausing, the man continued after a short moment. "The fact of the matter is that this encounter with this powerful mamono and her attraction here was entirely avoidable. If Shiva had been more the mind to focus on actually training me properly instead of insisting on some spontaneous 'adventure' as she put it, all to catch a cockatrice, then there would have been no threat at all. By causing all this through a lack of focus on her duty to you... she has directly put the safety and future of not only yourself, but the Magi as a whole into jeopardy. And as far as I can tell... she thinks it's a joke. Thinks YOU are a joke. That her experience and capacity will give her yet another free pass with even something like this. A free pass just like all the times that have happened before I gather." He said referring to Isabel's own words.

The man then let out a sigh of his own, griping the back of his head. "I haven't forgotten my promise to you, that promise to do what I can to protect you and the Magi, Izzy. It's one I intend to keep even after this whole ordeal with the angels are done and dusted. If there was ever any time I could dare invoke your own promise to me with good conscience... this is one of them." He insisted while tapping his fingers on a table to the words. "Shiva might be talented, she might be more experienced and capable but her recklessness and penchant for chaos has just put you in everyone you know into danger. Including me. After all Anubis has demanded that I meet with her at the same spot tomorrow with your answer, and if things go bad with her... hell if she just decides it anyway... she'll likely move to take and claim me. What would that mean for you and the Magi then I wonder?" He weighed questioningly, knowing full well what directions the thought could imply with what was prophesied about him.

Comment

"If that IS the real Anubis, I have no illusions." Queen said calmly. "But, I believe that if Anubis wasn't revived by Shiva herself, then I do not believe she did anything Anubis didn't already plan on doing. In fact, I'm quite certain that what Anubis wants is probably Shiva herself. I don't know if she searched you like I did, to find that you had a hole in your soul, but if she didn't then all she should want is just Shiva, and to that I say, let Anubis have her. So, in contrary to your wishes, I think the best course of action would be to appeal to Shiva for now. Get her to reappear before Anubis, and see what happens." she declared. "And I'm all too aware of Shiva and her character. You speak as if I don't already have a long standing relationship with that cartoon character. But the fact remains, she is useful. And if she ceases to be useful, then I will cut ties with her. She knows that. I trust her as well, that she taught you a few things today. I'm sure it was uncomfortable, but dealing with her never truly is. Such is the life we lead." she declared.

"Above all else, sacrifice her to Anubis if it comes to it. Use her as a bargaining chip and don't dismiss her so readily. Besides... I believe that Anubis doesn't have an immediate plan to have her first moments be destroying my facility. Call it a hunch. It seems like something not even Shiva would do, inane and ludicrous. History didn't tell stories of Anubis as a radical character. Rather, very cold and logical. I'm sure no matter what we will dance to her tune, given the situation, but what I'm curious about is what she planned on doing before she met you and Shiva. That worries me more than our current situation. If you can understand that." she declared.

"This is a request. Tolerate Shiva, for one day at least. And tell Anubis... That I welcome The Golden Wolf. I accept her aid with open arms." she stated. "Desperate times call for desperate measures, and that includes welcoming a tyrant into my life. Ironically she's not even as bad as the angels. What a trade deal." she laughed. "Keep in mind that you lack a shard, so you're of no immediate interest to her. If she took you now it would just be pointless kidnapping. This is why having Shiva there is important. Understand? Which reminds me..."

There was a click on the phone, before Isabell spoke again. "Your shard is here, still in it's host. I'm told she came without a fuss. Though she refuses to speak to me or anyone until she meets you. She asked for a private room for the two of you to speak in. Her name is... Aurine, if I recall."
                            Spoiler

Comment

The man frowned when queen spoke against his wishes, and again when she contemplated the desire Anubis had for a Shiva over himself. "She came from a land ruined by the people of Zippangu, from her own words. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what she might do after centuries of being entombed." After a moment it suddenly dawned on the man what Isabel meant by Anubis desiring Shiva. "Wait a moment, are you telling me that Shiva is a Chosen too? When Anubis spoke, she spoke directly to me... did she really think the Chosen was me instead of Shiva?" He pondered, realizing a big reason why Shiva became so quiet and humble like during the encounter. She was an edge away from being found out.

This talk of sacrificing Shiva did not sit well with the man at all. Despite his current feelings about Shiva at the moment, throwing her to the whims of some resurrected mamono lord sounded absolutely barbaric, even to save his own skin for the Magi's service. And tolerating the merc girl unwarranted was similarly an unwell thought. "Fine... I'll tolerate her. But I'm not approving any changes to my room. If she wants to be close to me, she'll just have to take the room nearby to mine. And we aren't sharing a bed. Jill and Sona are already plenty enough for that as it is." He insisted, already willing to order Jill to throw the merc girl out if it came to it.

When Isabel spoke of Aurine the man's attention was peaked once more. "Aurine? When did she arrive?" He questioned before shaking his head. "Still in the thief you mean. It figures she would want such a thing." He had half a mind not to honor such a request given what he had learned with this whole shard business. "I trust this private room has a protective separation and armed guard detail. Because I'm certainly not going to meet her unless it's absolutely clear that she won't burst out of whatever restraints she might be encased in. And trust me, you need to restrain her like you need to restrain Shiva, even though you're not going to do that." He sighed, before tilting his head. "How long will it be before the operation to reverse this whole mess. I'd much rather it be sooner than later, even with these developments."

Comment

Isabell let out a sigh. "I don't know about what happened while the two of you were speaking to her, so don't ask me. As well, there isn't a room available next to yours. I didn't think it would ever be important to say, but her old room is now yours. Shiva and I... Had a falling out. So she left her room and never came back. I repurposed it for you, but now that I asked her to train you, she wants to go back. You're both throwing your demands at me like children and threatening to do this or that if I don't agree. I've already got Shiva staring at me through one of the oculus orbs I have around the living areas... Nevermind. She responded to the messenger I sent by shoving them and bursting into the room. Good news for you though, she didn't damage anything so far. Seemed she just looked around inside the room and then left in a little angry fit. So I guess you don't have to worry about her being there for now. Though she does still have her key to the room. I could change it, but she knows how to bypass security, so don't even ask me to try." she declared. "The only way you stop someone like Shiva is to shoot them dead."

On the matter of Aurine, "I will need to have you both sedated and ready for operation, sort of like surgery. So both parties must consent otherwise I cannot operate. Are you sure you want me to have an armed guard and separated glass? You don't sound like you want to ask her nicely. If she's dangerous, I don't want to have a second Shiva running around, do you understand? I want you to tell me that doing these things won't make her do anything to threaten myself or my people. You're treating her like she's dangerous, and as she is, she's calm right now. I'd prefer not to make her temperament worse. I will ignore her wishes if you absolutely demand it, but... I think a compromise would be to put guards outside the room. If you would be willing, I can simply give you a panic button and have guards outside the private room. I simply think that you... Are acting a bit irrational. It seems like almost everyone around you is being treated with the utmost hostility from you, and I'm not sure whether to identify the problem as you or them, or both. I'm an outsider to all of this, so I'd like you to understand how you must sound to me right now."

She let out a drawn out sigh. Glenn had a chance to deliver a reply before she would state: "I have things I need to do. Please do not stoke the fires of this Chaos. It's the last damned thing I need right now."

The guards would be walking outside at that, one a wide build man who was approaching what seemed to be a four seater vehicle that had a similar design to the bike, but seemed far more tame. It began to hover once he got inside, and made a gentle whirring noise as he approached Glenn and caused a door to open. "So pal, if that white haired chick is going where you're going, you must be in the C-district. Be careful with that dame my friend, heard she's a wily one. Never hurt nobody, she just likes to cause trouble."
                                Last edited by Mamono Assault Force; 11th September 2017, 12:59.
                                Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X