What's new

(OOC) DND Unchained Chat

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: (OOC) DnD: Unchained Out of Character Chat

I know how to do it and could put in the effort, problem is my character is ment to be foiled at least to some extend, she's friggin evil. :p

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, Kat didn't give her name mostly because she's just rather rude, being a barbarian and well, she's a near naked dogbold with a giant sword and a perpensity to rush into melee. Not much explanation needed :p

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gets even kinkier when she's painting herself with the blood of her enemies and then she starts stripping cause she got hot and bothered by raging :p

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gets even kinkier when she's painting herself with the blood of her enemies and then she starts stripping cause she got hot and bothered by raging :p
First one not quite my thing though I can see an amazonian charm. Second one..

I'm more of a sub, just hush evil Xarkana with lewdities. :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

*chuckles* I can understand why the group struggles with cohesion, its not that there isn't a cohesive goal or a lack of a leader, infact theres more than one person with a leadership personality. Having none is bad for rp as no one guides along, but having .. I count four is an issue too, as all try to nudge the rp into a certain course of action, failing that struggle for dominance. Not unusual in big groups, but if none back down it is usually the wisest to split them up, if possible.

The fact of the matter is that any approach would work. Weiss', Xarkanas, Kats or Kieras, as the beauty of D&D is that a skilled DM can adjust the adventure to Good, Evil, Hackey Slashy or stealthy respectively, but the issue is that I've so far observed all of the leaders clashing, One pushes for diplomacy, one for preemptive strikes, one for direct confrontation and one for cautious approaches and all tug on the edges knotting the campaign together. It'd be best to reduce this to two leader types at best if none back down, for example, Weiss and Kat, with Weiss doing the talkies and Kat jumping in when it fails.

I can easily replace Xarkana with a less straight forwards leader type, I did pick her primarly because I though there would be a group cohesion problem for a lack of a leader, (though also because she as LE can easily stress-test a group), but unless something gives, focusing not exacerbating numbers would be the best sollution.
Xarkana was your idea for a group without a leader? She is probably the worst possible leader you could have in this campaign. As a matter of fact, Kiera is not a leader in any way. A critic, to be sure, but she's far too neutral to things to care about anything other than making sure whatever they do is done efficiently because, to her, surviving without damage is the most important thing (especially now that they further understand the consequences of what happens when they get hurt) and is only speaking up because I think she'd refuse the group being led by someone who is pretty much evil and bloodthirsty.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The bard is secretly just an author. Doesn't play music.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xarkana was your idea for a group without a leader? She is probably the worst possible leader you could have in this campaign.
Because...?

I think she'd refuse the group being led by someone who is pretty much evil and bloodthirsty.
Yes. She is evil. That precludes her from leadership because? Your character refusing it speaks for her refusing to be lead, not for Xarkana making for a bad leader.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I think we'd probably have less trouble if we had the time to figure out group dynamics before being thrown into a quest. As it is, I haven't played with a few of the people here before so I'm not used to them at all and don't know what to expect.

Also, what the fuck is with those rolls RJ? Did you skin a goat or something to get them?

Because...?
She's a bloodthirsty sociopath/psychopath (not sure which is more applicable, not a psychologist) who's self-centered and engages in acts of cruelty for amusement? Not a leader material for a group of people that are supposed to save and protect. And several PC's are on the good side.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My rolls came from RNGesus after my first round had every hobgoblin missing. Balance in all things.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She's a bloodthirsty sociopath/psychopath (not sure which is more applicable, not a psychologist) who's self-centered and engages in acts of cruelty for amusement? Not a leader material for a group of people that are supposed to save and protect. And several PC's are on the good side.
Yes, she is, I still don't see how it disqualifies her from being a leader. Yes the group has good characters, but frankly, when you agreed to use poison I was quite sure that none of you were the strict and stingy type of good. Heres a simple example: Who says the hostages don't eat the same food that has been poisoned?
Anyway, evil leaders can work marvelously, I've used a similiar character that simply did not show others she was evil directly but did exactly the same things to great effect several times before, they can be more efficent than than Chaotic good leaders for example, just ask Asmodeus, but perhaps an evil leader is a bit too highbrow for this.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, except your current char is kind of obviously evil and gleeful about it. Like shooting people to make them listen to you kind of evil. Even neutral characters might have issues with that.

As for poison, it was my idea and kind of a necessity given the numbers we're up against and the threat of an imminent attack on the village, which I assume is the reason it was not argued against. It was mostly supposed to cause indigestion rather than kill anyway.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, a lot of what cross said, don't know why that even needed to be explained to you. But other things on top of it, as if being an evil leader of heroes wasn't bad enough. She pushes for battle when it's unnecessary because of her bloodthirsty nature. We're low level characters to start and she acts like we can just do everything by force. She ignores consequences of her actions. And just by the structuring and storytelling of the campaign. I mean, we're presented with an opposing character who is given backstory driven by fairly valid revenge but is acting in ways that are not valid. It's explained why he got the army, how he's felt chained his whole life. Regardless of his alignment or what must happen to him, destroying it immediately shuts down the story.

It's a bit hypocritical to be the evil one who is pretending that they acted because it saves the town, I'd think she wouldn't care. Or for the justification in having a problem with an explicitly nonfatal poison as if she has any moral higher ground.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

One has to write the song before they play it.

Plus I only need to use an instrument when I cast spells.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anyone got any idea what the DC would be for cutting through/breaking the manacles. Otherwise Kiera and anyone else that might have a half decent lockpick skill should probably hetalia on that while the rest of us get ready to carry the prisioners and haul ass.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It'd be an attack against AC19 to break the manacles. You'd also have to do enough damage to break them, otherwise you've just damaged them. You'd also need to do it four times for each prisoner, since four manacles.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Breaking the gate is about the worst idea I've ever heard given its the only way out as well as in. If RJ's allowing simultanous action then we need to have Kiera rolling for lockpicking on one of the girls at a simultaneous time to Kat's breaking the one girl out, and either Weiss or Laya dealing with the last one either by doing what Kat's doing and cutting the manacles, or try to get lockpick but I think we only have one set of thieves tools (or find that damned key)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, Talia could burn the portcullis later with Fire Bolt, it'd just take a lot of time.

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

From what I gathered, there was another entrance, and currently the noise is coming from within the cavern. So if we jam the portcullis they will have to destroy the gate instead of lifting it.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

From what I gathered, there was another entrance, and currently the noise is coming from within the cavern. So if we jam the portcullis they will have to destroy the gate instead of lifting it.
Where did you see the part about the other entrance? If there is one then breaking it would make sense, but I didn't see anything about that.