What's new

Experiment 1: The Rite

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Basically I'm bored, slightly stoned and I had a few ideas I wanted to try out. I actually wasn't going to post this until I had the story figured out, but then what's the point? If it's a CYOA I'll the need the pressure to come up with something good.
And I've also been having a slightly nihilistic view with humans in CYOAs lately. Don't want them in mine; so we go a step further, and leave elves behind, too. Wanted something new, so here you go, enjoy. Comments and criticism appreciated.
So this is my first experiement! It's called The Rite. For reasons I can't get into right now.
There is a light shining in the darkness of the void, and like a moth to a flame, you are attracted to it. Although some part of you knows that this cycle has been repeated, time and again, there is a child-like tendency to keep returning; like a smoker to his favourite tobacco, or a sheikh towards a prize courtesan. You have gone through so many lifetimes and have forgotten your original identity; but it does not matter. As long as the cycle continues, your few months' worth of freedom is more than enough to assuage your thirst for the Material Plane.
And out of the darkness, comes a voice, sweet and golden:
"Come my spirit, to this light, come and be hosted in this new age, in your new body.
"Four I have prepared for you, for your pleasure and your use. Come to me, for I am deliverance, and I am sin;
I welcome you with open arms, as I consign your soul once again to hell."​

Following that chant, your spirit rises, summoned by ancient blood magic. Although there is a cycle that must be repeated, again and again, there is still some freedom to be had, despite the rules it imposes upon you; the very same rules you once agreed to in your hot-headedness.
You see before you four bodies bound in chains, sleeping, as in the agreement. All female; with that rich sweet blood only the eldritch races possess, with their own memories, their names, and a longing for adventure; or they would never have come here. It is as in the agreement.
Which does you choose?

1. Siren: Sea monsters in the shape of lovely, full-chested, wide-hipped women, who lure sailors to the briny depths with their songs of love and loss. As a siren you are able to use the racial power, sirensong, five times a day, to lull your enemy into a state of half-consciousness and gullibility. Although not magically gifted, sirens can create poisons from their own blood, which is the only other magical ability they possess in addition to their sirensong. Sirens feel strongest near water, because that is this blood's element. This body is a prime example of their kind; with retractable gills, a full-breasted, curvaceous body, and a slightly slutty dress sense that can easily attract either sex.

2. Nymph: Nymphs, the beautiful forest-bound servants of nature. As a nymph your character is more empathic, more fanatical towards protecting nature, less towards mortals. Although nymphs, unlike dryads, are not bound to trees, they still feel safest and strongest in the forest. They also resemble the younglings - human and elf- the most, since the only thing to differentiate them from is their green-tinged veins. Their racial power is bloodsap; they can call into them the essence of the forest, growing claws, tough skins and developing quicker reflexes, five times a day. Although not as voluptuous as sirens, Nymphs are nowhere near petite; think C-cup to the siren's D. More conservative, less likely to consider sex as a means of persuasion. Easily the most proficient with magic.

3. Harpy: The living wind, harpies are the smallest of the elder races, reaching barely five feet in height. Their bloodlust and razor-sharp claws more than make up for their lack of height; no one in their right minds ever messes with a harpy. Harpies can fly to dizzying heights, crossing obstacles far easier than any other race; but that comes at a price. The physique of a harpy is built for agility and quickness; despite being petite and almost delicate to look at, they still make for the best assassins, but they aren't very strong, or very durable. Harpies have no racial power besides their flight. Which can give them an edge in combat anyways. Easily distinguishable from mortals because of their wings (obviously), talons and bird feet. No magic whatsoever.

4. Rukh: Half-demons forged from fire. Rukhs are found, and are most comfortable, near volcanos, geysers, and generally near extreme heat. Their skin is orange-tinged, and their eyes are completely red. Rukhs can conduct and manipulate fire; although they can't create fire out of nothing, they can use even the smallest cinder to create a roaring inferno. This racial power, Pyromancy, comes at a cost - it makes rukhs less sensible, less sane, a tad more pyromaniacal, if I can use the term. All that heat goes to the head, after all. Pyromancy can only be used if there is a source of fire within five feet of a rukh, and they have to make sure that it doesn't go out, and must remain near it. Rukhs and sirens share the same physique. The term 'smoking hot' didn't come because sirens lured sailors to their deaths; its because a full-blooded rukh can potentially burn a mate down to the base proteins. Yep; there's that too.
You run your hand over the siren's soft skin, feel the harpy's feathers, the rukh's burning desire; the nymph's solid presence. All of them, ready and waiting! But once you enter these bodies, take up residence, you will lose all feeling of self; your sentience sacrificed to their memories, their will lost for eternity, to be a mere puppet for the very aims your eternal soul upholds.
Although this time the selection is not as good as the previous millennia's, they will have to do. You must make your decision fast; your precious spirit essence runs out by the minute.
Note: T&C, of course, applies. Once the majority vote decides which race, I'll tell you what rules our girl is going to have to adhere to.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Experiment 1: The Rite

As i already have in my CYOA a pyro, I'll choose 2

keefa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I vote 1 but if there is a tie for any reason 2 is also fine by me

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

3! Harpy! I wanna actually see the ability of flight put into useage! After all, who doesn't want to fly and be physically uber? All other cyoa's have mages and the whatnot. So lets go with the harpy...

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2 sirensong is a good skill to have *does it have any limits on # of targets?* no magic sucks but the fact she is a bit of a whore balances that out. Bloodsap is awesome basically we get a boost depending on the type and # of trees if I am reading this right not to mention magic to save the forest and kill people.

OP
master_sinclaire

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

2: Nymph it is. This is what she's supposed to look like:
Bloodsap will function pretty much like the berserker ability so many games have. Once active, it'll remain that way for four turns.

Also, considering that our characters will hardly be sleeping in a CYOA, I'm rephrasing that 'Five times a day' rule: no cap on the amount of times bloodsap can be used; but it'll have a recharging period of five turns - that is, every sixth chapter, bloodsap will become available again.

Also, the bloodsap isn't just for combat. Occasionally you're also going to want to use it just to get around; those claws can be very useful in doing Prince of Persia imitations.

I'm not going to bother with statistics; the bloodsap will basically increase your chances of killing anything, and killing faster; i.e. if the nymph couldn't get past something without bloodsap; while it's active she'll be able to take on whole hordes of it. The bloodsap ability is completely your decision - but just remember that there's going to be a lot of opportunities to use it in the story, and not just to hack things up.
So now getting back to it.
Chapter 1: Arrival
"As per the arrangement, I have already shifted you closer to the first objective, my lord, and wish you good luck. The Chalice must be found as soon as possible. Search in the forests of Jeni-thar."

Niah rose, massaging her head. Something feeling a lot like the mother of all hangovers had taken up residence inside her head, odd because she didn't drink. Well, not that much.

Where was she? And more importantly, why in a cave? Bloody dank and dark place didn't even have moss, or anything growing in it, and because there was no forest essence she felt weak. Niah hopped off the table, peering around the cave, tying her long, dark green-black hair in a ponytail behind her back.

A sudden gust of wind - with that familiar smell of the forest- reminded her of two things: one, the entrance to this miserable cave wasn't too far; and two, she was stark naked.

'Somebody's going to pay for this,' she growls. Making her way through the darkness of the cave through touch alone, it took her some fifteen minutes - or as close as she could tell - before she blinked, her eyes adjusting to the sunlight - oh, thank the gods.

Niah took in the rich scent of the forests. Home again.

Then she took a deeper breath. Wait a minute. This wasn't home. This wasn't anywhere she knew. Niah touched one of the trees, absorbing some of the bark to make a form-fitting catsuit for herself.

'So where are we? What's this fucking chalice got to do with getting back home?'

Almost as if someone's put the memory in her mind, an image of a gem-studded cup appears in her mind; it's gold, silver, and looks bloody gaudy. But this is the Chalice of the Mountain God. She recognised it; more trouble than it's worth. Likely it'll be in some dragon's hoard, sequestered along with said dragon in some mountain.

Almost as soon as she thought dragon, a huge thumping sound comes from above; oh, shit. The dragon flattens a whole area of the forest as it lands; Niah could have been the size of one of its arms, from forearm to finger. It fixes a beady eye on her.

SPIRIT. The single word booms in the air, even though the dragon doesn't seem to be speaking, she knows it's him; the voice is tinged with power.

AS PER THE AGREEMENT. YOUR OBJECTIVE LIES IN DREAMSCAR VALE. ONCE IT IS DONE BRING IT HERE, AND WE WILL CONTINUE.

The dragon glares at her one final time, before flapping off. Strange. Nymphs and dragons haven't really gotten on all that well. What's this agreement? Who was this spirit?
Annoying questions buzz around her mind like flies.
Well, at least that's something: she touches one of the trees, willing it to repair itself after the dragon's landing scoured off a whole side of bark.

Nymphs can use trees as a means of transport; since every tree is connected, nymphs can move between the natural essence of any forest they've been to before.

The problem is, Dreamscar vale is a cursed place. If she popped out of a tree there, something is sure to ruin her day; so does she do as the mortals do, and walk; or does she chance the transfer anyway?

1. Walk. It's going to take a while, but chances are we'll swing by a mortal settlement and get appraised as of how far from home we are.
2. Transfer. Magically popping out of a tree and into a cursed forest is just asking for trouble. But then Niah's not really bothered about consequences as much as she is with results.
One last thing: this CYOA's going to have an alignment rating, too: Guardian or Fanatic. Depending on whatever alignment has more points than the other, you'll get more options, which will give you more points in that alignment.

And it'll also have an effect on your magic. So lots of fun. I've been playing too much Mass Effect and Prototype, I think.

In any case, option 1 will always be a Guardian response; option 2 is a fanatic response. The effects will be more evident later :D

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Erm... Would you jump lines, please ? It's impossible to read like that ^^

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2 Activate bloodsap beforehand to take on any would be baddies when we pop out

OP
master_sinclaire

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Erm... Would you jump lines, please ? It's impossible to read like that ^^
Whoops. Sorry. Most of this stuff is usually written down on Notepad when I get ideas, so I just ctrl-C, ctrl-V.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1. Go and grab some pesky mortals and get meatshields.

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's only had two updates yet I rather like this CYOA already.

Option 1, because caution is generally a good thing.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2: 'cos' evil is always better.

OP
master_sinclaire

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Need tiebreaker! Come on, I've got both paths written down already.

OP
master_sinclaire

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay, so 1 it is.
Niah leaves the tree alone. While the network is utterly reliable, whatever's waiting for her in Dreamscar can fuck itself.

She climbs another, taller tree to get a sense of direction - to the north, west and south, pure, lush forest, untouched as of yet. She can feel her own kind, even as they send out feelers to find her. Niah breaks off contact. She doesn't need that yet.

Dreamscar is eastward, which makes things a lot easier; except for the sheer cliff that she'll have to climb all the way up. Great. Now's when wings might have come in handy. Or even one of her harpy friends.

Niah sighs and jumps off the tree, to grab onto the cliff face. She sends out roots through her fingers, anchoring her solidly to the stone, and begins the climb.
Nearly half an hour later, she's on the edge, dangling her legs down. Beautiful view. Almost worth the effort. But she's waiting here for another reason. Not too far away are some lifeforms. Coming her way; she still doesn't know what they are. But it's better to wait and find out.

Nymph or no, there's very little that leaves unscarred after fucking with an eldritch.

The sound of clanking armour makes her hackles rise. She rises, and turns to face the newcomers. Three men, in unfamiliar armour. Although their hands are at their weapons, they don't seem inclined to use them yet. 'Who are you?' one of them asks.

'You're in a forest and you're asking me? What kind of nut are you?' It's impossible to guess what kind of red face he's sporting behind that helmet. 'Mind telling me what you're doing in my forest?' It's taking a chance, but likely these morons can't tell one nymph from another.

'You think?' A sweet, husky voice calls out, almost by Niah's ear; she catches the scent of burning amber; before she can think - rukh! - the creature's fingers are at her throat, burning a solid ring around her neck.

And just then one of the men clamps a darksilver band around Niah's wrist. She screams at him, and he cringes, but that's about it. Darksilver can effectively numb bloodsap. Even now she's feeling drained and weaker. The woods hate this abomination of a metal, crafted from life to hold death in place.

Wait a minute. I'm smarter than this, Niah thinks. There is no way I just stood here and let this happen.

There's something else going on here. She elbows the rukh in the gut, and jumps over the man who clamped the darksilver on her. The other two pull out their swords, but Niah kicks one in the shin - it nearly makes breaks her foot, but it staggers him, and thanks to the darksilver she can barely feel the pain.

Niah steals the sword and plunges it into the second one's shoulder, between the armour plates, and he coughs up a bit of blood from under the helm.

Two down, two to - then a fireball, rather obligingly takes her for a ride. It tosses her a good fifteen feet away. Her catsuit's completely sloughed off, and her hide's slightly singed. It'll heal.

The rukh, smiling serenely, floats towards her, on a ring of fire. If there's ever an eldritch that could match succubi for pure sluttiness, this is her. She's got barely anything on, if one could call an iron bikini and a pair of heeled boots anything.

'Your hair is on fire,' Niah notes, slightly dazed.
'Thank you. I'm told it's one of my best traits.' The next fireball comes a bit slower, and she dodges it, but the adrenaline is wearing off. 'I can burn this vale down, you know,' the rukh calls. 'Burn it to nothing, you included. I've got seven hundred years' worth of experience doing that.' Fucking bitch. If that darksilver wasn't here...

She tries to remove it, then the rukh's hand melts its way right through the tree she's hiding behind, and the momentary pain of the tree staggers her. The rukh's glowing, burning hand closes around her throat. 'Good night.'
It's dark, and the dungeon stinks. The only glow comes from a rukh, sitting in a wide, cushioned armchair, watching her. The stink of darksilver is on every single link of chain. And there's enough wrapped around her to make this look like a kinkhouse.

'Good. You're awake. Took your time.' The rukh, a solidly-built male, slightly steaming from the fires inside him, rises. He's some seven feet tall, and towers over her. No ordinary rukh, this one. Like the one before, all he's wearing is a loincloth and a sword. 'So, you're the host this time. The spirit chose a nymph for the Rite? Surprising.'

'I don't know what the fuck you're talking about,' Niah rasps, her throat still sore. The rukh bends down, feels her throat.

'That's gotta hurt.' And he squeezes, almost gently, and the burns disappear. 'You don't know. I get that. Once even I was in your position. You don't have to complete the Rite. You don't have to go to Dreamscar. Do none of those things...' his hands find her sex, stroke it. There's no point protesting. 'Or you can pretty much wither away like a pretty flower out of water. The Crimson Order will not let you destroy the world.'

Some part of her rebels. Something that wasn't her to begin with. The Rite must be completed!

But this... even this is good. The rukh's hands feel good, exploring her slit. This is different. It's not too long before the rukh brings her to climax, and Niah pants, restrained but slightly exhausted.

The rukh grins, and melts the darksilver chains with a wave of his hand. It pools around her on the floor, and she makes her way out of it, leaning against the wall. The rukh flashes a billion-gold smile, and strips off his loincloth, revealing two rather erect cocks. He presses her against the wall, his burning eyes going haywire.

As always, the arousal brings with it the tingling of bloodsap taking over. It's fuelled by rage as much as lust. This might not turn out well - for him, that is.

But her mind's already working overtime. What is this Rite? And what the hell does she do with this oversexed boytoy? She needs to get out of here.

1. The darksilver's gone. What the hell are we waiting for? Leave him in a little pile on the stones, cradling his family jewels.
Guardian bonus option A) Conjure rope, leave him alive. It'll keep him here for a good long time.
Guardian bonus option B) Use bloodsap and sever something vital. Should keep him occupied while he heals.

2. She's hot and horny, and she's not going anywhere - neither is that fucking chalice. Let the sex take over bloodsap. Let's get what we need, then end this fuck before disappearing.

ArchAngelGundam

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1 A, we can't hang around all day, but no need to be crule.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1A But keep fucking him till climax

keefa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

2 We are already ready to go so we may as well have some fun.

Who says we cant get laid and then continue. It's male so it will probably be snoring in 10 minutes anyway (Just make sure we take him for the ride of his life!)