What's new

ADV [ azurezero ] Risky's dice battle (on sale for xmas)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

game's 5usd, will be 8usd in a bundle with barreytors bunny blaster game when its done

Risky's dice battle is a simple game about a money driven girl names Risky who finds out about a game tournament where she can risk her body for a huge sum of money, the tournament in question uses a dice game, and is being ran by 3 beautiful animal eared girls intent on acquiring more girls to be their pets.

Dammit, adding wordwrap knocked the players tokens off the window!, new demo uploaded.

The gameplay will consist of two segments, the overworld and the battles,
the overworld will be where you either play minigames, or perform tasks to earn new dice, but the details of how the player gets new dice I havent decided on yet.

the battles are similar to
Only the player can change their dice each turn before they roll, adding an extra strategy element. since there are dice that generate more tokens, but have a chance of giving nothing.

for those that never played that, you take turns rolling dice, which generate 3 kinds of tokens, which are spent to activate skills. with the aim being to defeat your opponent. in this game, you also win if you make your opponent fill up their lust meter, though risky's skills are not optimised for this.

I really need to figure out how the overworld is gonna work, cause it will change how people feel about the game, I know some people would just wanna get to the content (and start with all the dice), but others would like more substance where acquiring dice is concerned.

either way, do let me know what you think.

I like this as a concept for a more huge game like the old yugioh rpgs, but this game's just gonna be short and sweet, with the 3 main opponents holding the h content.

for december only the game is discounted to just £1.99

Last edited by a moderator:

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Risky's dice battle

It looks interesting, it reminds me of .

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It looks interesting, it reminds me of .
I've been playing it. it takes a bit to get started doesnt it.

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've been playing it. it takes a bit to get started doesnt it.
I don't remember, I played it a long time ago. IIRC, I dropped it fast because it's a pay2win. I liked the concept though.

I see you've uploaded the demo, I'll try it later.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't remember, I played it a long time ago. IIRC, I dropped it fast because it's a pay2win. I liked the concept though.

I see you've uploaded the demo, I'll try it later.
the demo wasnt there originally cause i had to get the url of this thread to put a link in the game to encourage feedback

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Risky's dice battle (Azurezero)

The concept is fun but the game needs a lot of polishing.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Title reminds me of :

So, what will your sequal be called?

Risky's Dice Battle : Revenge of Risky? xD

I joke i joke...but hey, if it's a different battle system then the classic mash Attack and rush to next CG it could be kinda fun.

I remember a gba game called Dokapon i played where you used Rock Paper Scissors in a rpg enviorment so anything is possible.

squalljericho

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I enjoyed the demo and like the concept. I look forward to seeing this little game when it comes out.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I enjoyed the demo and like the concept. I look forward to seeing this little game when it comes out.
I'm glad you're excited, I won't make you wait long!

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I remember a gba game called Dokapon i played where you used Rock Paper Scissors in a rpg enviorment so anything is possible.
In the same style, did you play dinosaur king on the DS? This game was so stupid...

azurezero said:
polishing how?
Some idea:
- Add the possibility to play with the mouse
- Give legs to the characters
Make the game more dynamic :
- Display each dice result at the same time
- Even better, don't display the dice result and directly put fading text on the UI with "+1" near the atk resource if you won 1 atk.
More life to the characters :
- They should hide their private part with their hand when their clothes are ripped
- They should say something when their clothes are ripped
- Maybe the host can talk.

Those are just random ideas. I really think people should learn programming instead of scripting stuff in RPG maker but this is another debate.
Looking forward the finished game too.:)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really think people should learn programming instead of scripting stuff in RPG maker but this is another debate.
Looking forward the finished game too.:)
honestly the game part of things wouldve been easier in game maker but i dont know how to make the message parts, and also lots of spriting

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I will be honest, when I first clicked on the thread I was kind of hoping for a lewd dice battle between Risky Boots and Shantae (or maybe playing sexy pirate liar's dice), but this looks fun too!

Noh0One

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Guard Dice are really quite pointless. 2 points to regain 1 HP? Yes, it allows you to go over 20 HP, but as the game demonstrates, that's fairly easy to ignore.

Attacking with Magic is also pointless, since doing so affects you as much as your opponent. Steal works (and is the only way to really win) but it doesn't work all the time, and you're in a lot of trouble if you burn through 4 Magic and nothing happens.

More general critique, there are far too many turns when you just don't do anything. Maybe that works better when its an actual game, but it feels like most turns are just a waste of time. Especially when the CPU decides that you're going to get two or three failures on your dice. Perhaps a weak standard attack/recover/seduction action that can be taken when you have no dice points would make things more interesting. Just so you have SOME way of chiseling at your opponent when the dice hate you. Also, the above problems: Defense being fairly worthless and Magic being pointless. I would expect the attacker to do a bit more to the enemy than themselves!

Also, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to include all three rolls into a single message box - especially since the RPGMaker dialogue boxes contain four lines. Tapping the Z key some 10 times each round is going to get very old very fast, especially with how similar each round is.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Guard Dice are really quite pointless. 2 points to regain 1 HP? Yes, it allows you to go over 20 HP, but as the game demonstrates, that's fairly easy to ignore.

Attacking with Magic is also pointless, since doing so affects you as much as your opponent. Steal works (and is the only way to really win) but it doesn't work all the time, and you're in a lot of trouble if you burn through 4 Magic and nothing happens.

More general critique, there are far too many turns when you just don't do anything. Maybe that works better when its an actual game, but it feels like most turns are just a waste of time. Especially when the CPU decides that you're going to get two or three failures on your dice. Perhaps a weak standard attack/recover/seduction action that can be taken when you have no dice points would make things more interesting. Just so you have SOME way of chiseling at your opponent when the dice hate you. Also, the above problems: Defense being fairly worthless and Magic being pointless. I would expect the attacker to do a bit more to the enemy than themselves!

Also, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to include all three rolls into a single message box - especially since the RPGMaker dialogue boxes contain four lines. Tapping the Z key some 10 times each round is going to get very old very fast, especially with how similar each round is.
each dice roll is it's own event, i wouldnt know how to combine them into one text box, the game has to check the id of each dice in each slot when you roll so it's not a simple matter. and i do still plan on adding other skills the MC's repertoire, so hopefully i can make def meaningful aswell. I'm also changing the kiss attack to increase the targets lust more than your own its just in the case of bunny that would help her strategy anyway.

I will be honest, when I first clicked on the thread I was kind of hoping for a lewd dice battle between Risky Boots and Shantae (or maybe playing sexy pirate liar's dice), but this looks fun too!
I think it's harder for western devs to get away with doujin works but i like this concept so it might be fun to try that at some point.
which ones liar's dice again?

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

each dice roll is it's own event, i wouldnt know how to combine them into one text box, the game has to check the id of each dice in each slot when you roll so it's not a simple matter.
Even if it's difficult I would certainly recommend looking into it: I definitively agree with Noh0One that 6 key press every turn just for the dice results is going to get old really fast.

Anyway, I think the game has potential. I like having the option of picking dices according to the strategy I'm aiming for, the general dice not having a "Bust", ect.

The skills will probably need to be more interesting and balanced than what they are right now though. Right now, you have:

- Bad attack skill
- Good attack skill (Better damage/cost ratio, and strips)
- +1 HP skill; thought it'd be a "parry the enemy big attack" thing, but nope.
- Self-defeating lust increasing skill
- Limited steal skill

The enemy strategy was interesting, but the player has no such option in the demo. It's just "spam strip" with optional steal skill, so it's pretty brainless. It's just a concept demo for now of course, but skill will definitively need to give the player actual strategies to use eventually.

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think it's harder for western devs to get away with doujin works but i like this concept so it might be fun to try that at some point.
which ones liar's dice again?
This is true. You probably couldn't sell it, sadly. Alas, I always want more doujin games in the world regardless.

In any case, Liar's Dice is the game they played in Pirate of the Caribbean. Everyone rolls several dice and they are hidden under a cup only each player looks at, and someone makes a claim about what their dice are in doubles. Someone might start off this by saying "I have two 2s" and then the next person in the line can call that person a liar or up the bid. You always have to go up, so if someone said "two 2s" then you'd have to say at least "three 3s" and then it becomes a game of chicken and probability. If you call someone a liar and are right, you win and they lose. If you call someone a liar and they were telling the truth, then you lose and they win. The game goes until someone is found to be lying or is falsely accused.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is true. You probably couldn't sell it, sadly. Alas, I always want more doujin games in the world regardless.

In any case, Liar's Dice is the game they played in Pirate of the Caribbean. Everyone rolls several dice and they are hidden under a cup only each player looks at, and someone makes a claim about what their dice are in doubles. Someone might start off this by saying "I have two 2s" and then the next person in the line can call that person a liar or up the bid. You always have to go up, so if someone said "two 2s" then you'd have to say at least "three 3s" and then it becomes a game of chicken and probability. If you call someone a liar and are right, you win and they lose. If you call someone a liar and they were telling the truth, then you lose and they win. The game goes until someone is found to be lying or is falsely accused.

it would be hard to event an ai for that, it would either be too easy to beat or not at all

Even if it's difficult I would certainly recommend looking into it: I definitively agree with Noh0One that 6 key press every turn just for the dice results is going to get old really fast.

Anyway, I think the game has potential. I like having the option of picking dices according to the strategy I'm aiming for, the general dice not having a "Bust", ect.

The skills will probably need to be more interesting and balanced than what they are right now though. Right now, you have:

- Bad attack skill
- Good attack skill (Better damage/cost ratio, and strips)
- +1 HP skill; thought it'd be a "parry the enemy big attack" thing, but nope.
- Self-defeating lust increasing skill
- Limited steal skill

The enemy strategy was interesting, but the player has no such option in the demo. It's just "spam strip" with optional steal skill, so it's pretty brainless. It's just a concept demo for now of course, but skill will definitively need to give the player actual strategies to use eventually.
Yeah though my current train of thought is changing your own strategy to beat your opponents and ive changed kiss to only increase the users lust by 1, which both makes it useful for you but not against bunny, and slows her from getting to her total 15 lust in play strategy...

one of the girls uses a collection of dice that dont generate any tokens at all, but heal and do damage and stuff. i've also added the copy and mimic dice to the game,
the copy dice is one way of getting new dice, or cloning ones you already have as it becomes the previous dice that was rolled. the mimic dice just copies the effect of the previous dice, without changing. so accquiring it means you dont need to get a playset of every dice you use.

as for the text boxes...its something i just cant wrap my head around, i sort of thought i could do 3 custom text boxes to replace the others, but thats just...
yeah...i cant get my head to comprehend how to do it...wish i could just go text="first dice text", then text+=" second dice text"

Last edited:

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

it would be hard to event an ai for that, it would either be too easy to beat or not at all
Oh most assuredly. I've played Liar's Dice games people have made. You can't make computers play it believably.

If you wanted to do the scene I described with some kind of dice game it would be better to keep it simpler. Like if it was Risky and Shantae you'd play as one, look at your dice and guess if the opponent's total was higher or lower than your own. Get it right she strips, get it wrong you strip. Or something like that.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh most assuredly. I've played Liar's Dice games people have made. You can't make computers play it believably.

If you wanted to do the scene I described with some kind of dice game it would be better to keep it simpler. Like if it was Risky and Shantae you'd play as one, look at your dice and guess if the opponent's total was higher or lower than your own. Get it right she strips, get it wrong you strip. Or something like that.
lol cant i just reuse higher or lower from princess ren returns?

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK THIS TABLET CABLE...it autofires, it doesnt stay put in the socket, every little vibration means i have to restart sai...clearly im not getting to draw this picture today

Last edited: