What's new

House Party by Eek! Games

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone,

I've been working on a new game for a few months now called House Party, and the game is currently in its second beta version.

The game is similar to a lot of the browser-based games where your choices influence your success in the game, but it plays like a first-person RPG with interactive game models, characters, and physics. There are multiple story-paths and different outcomes based on your decisions, and the game will split off into different endings based on them.

The game is built with Unity, and it is a fully-immersive 3D game, so performance will be based on your hardware, but there are several variants of quality settings to aid you if you have an older system. Currently, there is a Windows 64&32 bit version, as well as Mac and Linux available.

I am giving the game out for free at the moment to garner interest and optional backing and mostly looking for feedback. Very much appreciate anybody willing to play and respond! Play instructions are on the link.

The game is under a bit of an overhaul at the moment as I am working with a graphic designer to design new models, and you can read more about that on the root site, but the free playable demo is still available at the link above.

If you enjoy the game and would like to help support future development, you can find my Patreon page here:

System Requirements:

Windows 7+
Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 3.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2005 should work.
CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: House Party by Eek! Games

The game's not bad, but it would certianly benefit from some actual scenes instead of just teasing.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game's not bad, but it would certianly benefit from some actual scenes instead of just teasing.
Thanks! It's coming. As you can imagine, there's a lot that goes into a full-on 3D game, and I want to make sure I get the mechanics and game-play right before I got too far into it. You can check out the progress on the redesign and updates about what's planned on home page of the download link.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys,

I finally got the Frank model, and I wanted to make a video to show it to you guys, and I figured while I was at it, I can show you a lot of the cool AI stuff I've been working on as well. I've got the AI to a pretty cool place right now, and I'm going to start shifting my focus to writing some story now that I have Frank and Stephanie is on the way, so I should have a public release for you guys very soon!

For my supporters, you will receive a playable version of the game at the beginning of the month and you will be able to see all of this first hand, and check out the interaction.

One component that's been added are personalities. The players now have varying personality profiles, and their relationship toward one another is affected by it. For instance, Madison is kind of a bitch, so she generally doesn't get along with too many people. But Brittney is very nice, so even though Madison is a bitch to her, she tends to overlook it most of the time. As the characters interact with one another, it changes their relationship and their mood. If two characters have a nice conversation, both of their moods will go up, and they will like each other more, and be more likely to hang out with each other later on. Vice verse, if they have a negative conversation, their mood will decrease, and they will avoid each other. Their mood also affects the outcome of the interactions, so if a character is nice, but in a bad mood, they may have a negative conversation with another character, and make a bad first impression. So with multiple play-throughs, it's possible to have a scenario where everybody is getting along, and in other play-throughs, everybody may hate each other. And of course, you as the player, can alter the moods by interacting with them. I plan to open up certain lines of story based on the outcome of certain character's moods.

Here's the video link:

Some things to note in this video:

Everything is procedurally generated. The characters figure out what to do on their own, so where they go and who they talk to is based on a some variables. Notice in the beginning when I'm talking to Frank, Madison storms by. She bumps Frank as she moves by, and Frank moves closer to me to get out of her way. The characters are responsive to one another in this sense as we will see more of later on.

Next off, Brittney and Madison start a conversation. Frank is over by the side, and he notices them talking, and he joins the conversation. This is based on his feelings toward who is in the group. A little later, Ashley joins in the conversation as well. Now watch the characters shuffle around to find comfortable spots to stand and talk to each other. This is not an accident, it's all computed with AI!

Next I throw the pizza box on the table, and you can see how it distracts Frank and Madison. They check it out but then go back to hanging out. I bump it one more time and Brittney stops in her tracks and looks to see what's going on, but then goes back to what she was doing. Brittney now decides to go dance.

At this point the group breaks up, and now the characters will seek each other out based on their feelings toward one another. Another thing to note as I focus in on some more conversations, is that you can see now the characters are reacting with their facial expressions based on whether they're having a good or bad conversation, and when a person is talking, they will react differently to one another.

Now that Brittney's done dancing, she seeks out social activity again, and two smaller groups form. One with Ashley and Frank, and one with Madison and Brittney. You can see how, when the house starts getting full of characters, this will be a really cool dynamic.

As I'm ease-dropping on Frank and Brittney's conversation, Frank notices me and turns toward me.

If you haven't checked out the game yet, you can find the latest build here:

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Could someone please give me a guide to the strip game ending? When I saw the game was about a house party it's literally the only thing I wanted to do. I looked on the forums but everyone seemed to figure out how to do it psychically without a walkthrough because there were no clear cut answers.

Anyway, I'd like a guide on that if anyone knows how.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Could someone please give me a guide to the strip game ending? When I saw the game was about a house party it's literally the only thing I wanted to do. I looked on the forums but everyone seemed to figure out how to do it psychically without a walkthrough because there were no clear cut answers.

Anyway, I'd like a guide on that if anyone knows how.
The key is watching the girls' facial expressions after they pick up a card. If they get a good card, they'll smile, if they get an ok card, they won't react, and if they get a crappy card, they'll frown. Use this to your advantage in terms of who to challenge each round. :)

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The key is watching the girls' facial expressions after they pick up a card. If they get a good card, they'll smile, if they get an ok card, they won't react, and if they get a crappy card, they'll frown. Use this to your advantage in terms of who to challenge each round. :)
No I mean how do you get to the game in the first place? What sequence of events need to take place so it unlocks and then you can play it from the main menu?

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No I mean how do you get to the game in the first place? What sequence of events need to take place so it unlocks and then you can play it from the main menu?
Oh gotchya. Yes, there's a walk-though posted here:

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys,

We're getting close to having an actual game to play here. We just finished up Stephanie, and she's looking great! She's loosely modeled after Katy Perry. As you can see, with the new model, we're able to bring Stephanie to life a lot more, including the cloth physics on her dress. There's still a little tearing where the skin is showing through the dress here and there, but we'll iron that out. She's fresh out of the oven!

Here's the video link:

You'll notice that the AI and the conversations are a lot smoother, and there's a lot more interaction going on between all of the characters. The movement and path-finding scripts have also been worked on and updated, and you'll notice there's a lot less sliding around, and the movements and turning are looking a lot more natural.

Another thing to notice is that we have a gauge for Friendship, Romance, and Drunkenness. All of these factors will affect how a character interacts with you.

Let's talk about the scene a bit.

Stephanie's character loves to dance, so she hangs by the living room where the speakers are a lot. She'll occasionally still come out to mingle, but she prefers the back room and dancing. None of this is scripted however. She decides where she wants to hang out based various things.

For those of you who have played my first release, you'll notice the familiar story-line of Stephanie asking to do some whip-its.

On the way to the fridge, I see Ashley and Madison not too far away from each other. I talk to Ashley and tell her she's hotter than her sister. This increases my relationship with Ashley, but Madison overhears, and she's pissed at you now!

Notice how this changes Madison's choice of dialogue when she randomly comes up to you a little later on. She tells you find somewhere else to hang out.

We give the whipped cream to Stephanie and she goes off to dance, and then rejoins the party after a minute or so. She would stick around and dance longer, but nobody else was there, and this makes characters more likely to get bored and change locations (unless they're in a bad mood, then they prefer isolation).

From here, we're observing a little more interaction and you can really see the party come to life when all of the characters get in the same room and start interacting with each other. You'll notice however, it doesn't detract from game-play, as the character you want to talk to immediately shifts gears and interacts with you as soon as you summon them.

Madison's cooled down a bit, and you ask her about Frank. She tells you about him to which you reply "What a dick", but Frank happens to be right there and hears what you said, and decides to kick your ass. Game Over.

Supporters pledging $10.00 or more will have access to this build within the next couple of days, and as you can see, we're getting very close to a new public demo.

For more information on House Party, and the latest public release, visit the Eek! Games site here:

Enjoy!

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, so after a lot of debate and collecting all of your input, it seems that you guys are preferring the Daz models in the game over the redesigns. Given that information, I have been spending a lot of time working on ways to make these Daz models be everything I need them to be for the scope of the game, and I've made a lot of progress. The coolest thing to note is that we are past the point of restructuring a lot of the game, and we're getting to the point where the game is very playable. This means I should be putting out another public release pretty soon. I would say it's maybe a month or two away.

Let's take a look at this new video and some things to note about it.

I've been spending a LOT of time on getting these characters to move and act realistically. Pay close attention to the eyes. In previous videos, you'll notice that when the characters look at you, they just turn their head and their eyes straight at you and stare with a blank look. In the newest version, you'll notice that the eyes and head move separately, and there's a lot more going on including micro-movements of the eyes. They don't simply hold a staring glare at an object anymore. Their eyes wander, and they use a combination of their eyes and their heads to look around at things.

First we walk up to Ashley and talk to her a bit. You can see some of this newer movement here. Then we talk to Steph. She's busy dancing, so we move on to Katherine. She doesn't seem to be in the greatest of moods, so we move over to Frank. He, of course, is his charming sense and talks about beating people up. Let's move on to upstairs.

You'll notice that by the time we talk to Madison, we can ask her about some of the other characters we've already met. You will need to collect information from characters about each other to progress in the game. We ask Madison about Ashley, and we get a bit of backstory. Then Madison asks us to grab her phone since you're heading to the bathroom.

From there we go and talk to Brittney. Brittney's hiding out in the study because she's embarrassed about her new top. Then we head to the bedroom and talk to Patrick a little. He's got a headache and wants some aspirin. We duck into the bathroom and find Madison's phone. Let's go return it to her.

After we give her back the phone, you try to get a little flirty with Madison, and she wants you to help her embarrass Ashley, and you see she's already started the proceeds, and wants your help to see it through. Head over to talk to Ashley, and she's got other plans to get the jump on Madison first. You'll have to decide which of the girls you'll be siding with. Each play-through of the game will be a series of choices, and you will be able to make different choices that will affect your progress with each girl. This is different from the linear nature of the first beta where you could unravel each story-line as you played through the game.

I will have a build ready for supporters only very soon, and as I mentioned before, I will have another public beta out in another month or two.

If you're looking for the latest public release, you can find it at:

Enjoy!

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

FYI Your source PDB files are in the zip file and SHOULDNT be. That adds unnecessary weight to the zip file. We're not going to run it with a debugger so, leave them out.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

FYI Your source PDB files are in the zip file and SHOULDNT be. That adds unnecessary weight to the zip file. We're not going to run it with a debugger so, leave them out.
Thanks! I'll remove them from the zip.

luffyboy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

looks good although it would be nice if there was a bit more shadow around the cleavage to outline the boobs.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

looks good although it would be nice if there was a bit more shadow around the cleavage to outline the boobs.
The shadows depend greatly on the lighting. So in some areas of the house, you will see more cleavage shadow than others.

apachesp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It would be nice if you can save game. I can't figure out how to do it

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It would be nice if you can save game. I can't figure out how to do it
A save feature is something that is being kept in mind for the rewrite. It'll be coming soon!

Bellboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess with a return of the old models, we won't be seeing Stephanie, the Katy Perry look-a-like? Such a shame, I really liked her model.

Will Britney still have the tramp-stamp?

Also, do we still need to murder/knock-out npcs to advance the plot? Knocking out Stephanie was weird to see and as a player you lost out on a fun going girl that flashed her panties all the time. Speaking of which, will she, in old or glorious new form, have more sexy underwear this time around?

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is there somewhere you have a list of what's included in the patreon version over the free demo?

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I guess with a return of the old models, we won't be seeing Stephanie, the Katy Perry look-a-like? Such a shame, I really liked her model.

Will Britney still have the tramp-stamp?

Also, do we still need to murder/knock-out npcs to advance the plot? Knocking out Stephanie was weird to see and as a player you lost out on a fun going girl that flashed her panties all the time. Speaking of which, will she, in old or glorious new form, have more sexy underwear this time around?
No, but I will be using the custom models for new projects down the line. I just felt like there was a huge demand to bring the old models back for this project. I am going to have the designer keep working on the old models, and hopefully eventually get the quality up to a point where I can use them.

The new storyline will be different in many ways. It's going to be a fluid system, so diverting Frank's attention or just getting him out of the room should be enough to steal some alcohol. But you'll just have to make sure he's not around when you hand it out, or you'll have the option to take care of Frank in a more permanent way. My plan is to leave the options open on that one.

Underwear is something that didn't get much thought in the last game that I plan to approach more this time around. There will be some sexier underwear and bras coming for sure in the new builds.

OP
E

eekgames

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there somewhere you have a list of what's included in the patreon version over the free demo?
At this point the new Patreon version is a completely different game in a different setting. The whole game has been redesigned, so you can't really compare the two of them. The old version served more of a mockup of what the new version will be, but the new version is much more solidly implemented in terms of AI and play-ability. There's not much story yet on the new version however, just refined gameplay, environment, and AI.