What's new

Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.5 (Chapter 4)

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After some period of creating I decided to open my thread and hopefully constructive feedback.
Catherine's Adventure is adult rpg game that are made by rpg maker vx ace.

The story:

Chapter 1
Catherine is a female knight who protects peace in her city.
In v.0.1 which covers Chapter 1, Catherine will be busy exploring the city and trying to prepare for the mission. She has only 30 days before the time runs out. Chapter 1 should take about 2 hours to beat preparation goal. Also, it includes several fighting and different jobs implemented.

Chapter 2
Catherine prepared for her mission and left the city. But what she has to beat before she can start fulfilling the mission? Or whom? Maybe those two men behind? Catherine will be offered different approaches to accomplish the mission. It's up to you to decide.

Chapter 3
Catherine returns to the city and finds out dangerous gang are operating in the city leading by mysterious foe. Time is short and enemy is сunning. Catherine's skills put to the highest test yet again.

Patreon:

Current release:
Chapter 4:

If you already have VX ACE RTP installed you can use this instead:

Catherine's Adventure Chapter 4 added.
Save01(starting Chapter 2) included.
Save02(starting Chapter 3) included.
Save03(starting v.0.4) included.
Save04(starting Chapter 4) included.

Last edited:

AHHHHHH And Agony

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.12

Ooh! Downloading now, but looks great! Defiantly keeping my eye on this one =)

Mouse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would heartily recommend upping the rewards at work, lowering penalties for getting groped (and thus missing the customer calls) or lowering prices (for bath for example)... or giving alternate methods for getting money or the items needed. Right now the path to success is way too narrow and does not allow for deviation or mistakes.

AHHHHHH And Agony

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I came back to give my advice, and the above post summarizes my opinion perfectly. More options would be appreciated, aswell as making some fights easier.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

error found!

After the neighbor was asked to fix a shower.
Is the next day error in it.
She leans against the wall and it goes no further.

Nach dem man den nachbar darum gebeten hat eine dusche zu reparieren.
Ist am nächsten tag fehler drin.
Sie leuft gegen die wand und es geht nicht weiter.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mouse, indeed rewards and penalties might look hardcore, especially if you try to get a lot of stuff and make fighting at the begining. Well, I considered it that way. It's normal. You have plenty of time to beat the goal. If you need some hints, just send PM to me. Thanks for your opinion.

Devious Dingbat, more options for gaining money as well as more jobs will be added in next chapters for sure. Chapter 1 has a few ways to be completed. Thanks for your opinion too.

Sangoku25, could you send me your game's save? Seems odd bug here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Raviel891

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I am playing the game, and most days I can only make one action which feels extremely constricting. Especially since the waitress job doesn't give much money. To me it does not make sense that the public bath takes up an entire day. a full day of training should produce more results. I suggest dividing the days in half: morning to noon then noon to night. Or have the training and jobs produce more rewards. My frustration was so high at one point that I couldn't work.

0.5joker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yay - my favorite RPGMaker game! Hi Desmond!

I really like the story and 3D art - if anyone likes this type of game I recommend checking it out - I've had a lot of fun playing!

Difficulty balance - I think it's probably on the harder side for similar games but in a positive, good way. Working in the restaurant can be hard against the timer but I actually really liked the pressure - it felt like a challenge for Catherine with added immersion. I always save a lot in these games so I if needed I could just learn the best routes (get good at her job as waitress).

Fights were not easy but I think that adds more immersive consequences. Need to follow usual experienced RPGMaker gameplay of always having a just-in-case save, maxing attacks using special attacks (taught in game), only focus on one enemy at a time in a multi fight, have a HP potion ready for an emergency.

I think overall this game rewards playing at a slightly harder level. You won't always win and that's understood written into the game e.g. rent collecting I lost a lot at until I levelled up with the knight training.

Sangoku25's issue - I think I saw this once because I think at this point Catherine automatically goes to answer someone arriving at the house door. If I was holding a direction (up,down,left,right) when the event happens, instead of walking through the bedroom on the path to get to the door you can get blocked?

I recommend this game!

Last edited:

deadbob43

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really enjoyed the demo. Looking forward to the next chapters. One issue, at night when i got to see the Knight outside the hall, I keep getting the same response, come back after you lose. Even after losing to Jack again. And when i fought the second guy, it just automatically gave me the win. bug on by design?

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Raviel891, well, public bath doesn't take up an entire day, work and training do. But I understand your view. I hope you will be glad to know chapter 3 includes night activity leaving less time for sleep however... As for high frustration, it works properly. You need to lower frustration e.g. by eating food in the restaurant.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

0.5joker, hey. Glad to meet you here:) Few words about special attacks. I find it quite fun to have different strategies to archive victory against enemies with different types of special attacks. Yet... it may be complicated for some players. I think I will keep it for boss fights to make them really tough. Thanks for your review.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

deadbob43, thanks for finding well-hidden bug here. It will be fixed in next update. Yet I may contact you for details. Thanks.

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The demo is pretty exciting, looking forward on next chapter. What kind of fetish this game have in the future (like ntr, bdsm etc)?

Also realy off topic but why most of this "patreon" dev making their game character 3d? Is it because its easier than 2d, or just personal taste? I dont have prob with it just curious.

nirolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good game! good story.

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi. Nice game. I think the difficulty balance is pretty good so far (it's a little tough but not too crazy). Some parts of the story are a little strange... for example, she's supposed to be an elite knight but has to spend time training with a wooden dummy first. Also when I first did the tax collection quest, she got her ass handed to her by some ordinary citizens (but this was before I learned the skills). Those are minor observations, though. Overall, I think this game has nice potential.

I think I found a bug though. For me, all of the underground battles after the first one don't work. The guy introduces the opponent, and then when the battle is supposed to start, it just says "Catherine was victorious" without the actual fight taking place. That's too bad, I was actually looking forward to those battles. Here are some screenshots of the bug when she was supposed to do the 2nd battle with Jon.

I have also attached a save file right before I encounter this bug.

EDIT - The newly uploaded version seems to fix this bug. Thanks for fixing it so soon, Desmond_CA.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

autizboyz, thanks. Progressive corruption is one of the main game's theme. Ntr? Sure. Bdsm? Not really fan of it, but maybe I will add a couple of lost fights scenes:p As for second question, I like 3d art modeling and it's capabilities.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

nirolf, Thanks. I Will work hard on future story development.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trigon, thanks for letting me know. Missing fights should appear back again in v.012.
I glad you liked difficulty balance. The reason she trained on wooden dummy - others knights were to arrogant to duel with she. Things change when she spends some time in the underground and knights become more familiar with she.
Ordinary citizens had 3x1 fight which is slightly unfair:D

deadbob43

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really enjoy the game so far. However, in chapter 1 when you are in the bath house, it doesn't skip the undressing scene. it just runs through it a lot faster when you choose skip. Also, i'd like to be able to skip the whole "here's the towel" scene. ideally i'd like to see it the first time, then have the option to skip the whole undressing/putting on the towel, dropping the towel portion.

chapter 2 was fun, but not long enough. :) Eagerly awaiting chapter 3.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh man that orc forestr is anoying! Avoidin orcs is realy hard since pathway is so narrow and deafeatin 2 orcs with out healin in between seems impossible.
Fact that lever that opens path to chief is totaly different way then chuef him dosen't help.
Personaly i entered forest with 3 healthpotions plus ones that i gathered from forest but still they aren't nearly enough.
Even getting beter skill from soldiers won't help since they cost more ap.

My advice would be reduce amount of orc in forest or let mc level up so she's gains more hp than 100 which seems too low.